Cosh

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"People are being attacked in their homes...dragged from their tables at restaurants and mugged..."

She saw them, the mobs of London, swarming up from the Broadway and down across Haven Green, not just this year's vintage either but anti-Poll Tax crusties, kids from Broadwater Farm and Brixton, Teds and West Indians in porkpie hats, communists and blackshirts carrying table legs, Suffragettes with meat cleavers, anti-papists and subjects of King Mob, drunken jew killers with the blessing of the newly crowned Richard...

Paula watched them come closer until she was surrounded but she remained calm. There was nothing to fear any more. It was only London. It was part of who she was. The mob swallowed her up and she took her place in its ranks.

Away to her left, a black Merc was granted passage by the horde and took the roundabout at the top of the green. Its headlights dipped and resurged as it approached, solemn as a hearse in the midst of a carnival.

Paula saw the mob melt away. Its transitory fury was a poor relation of the kind of passion that would truly endure. Hate would always sicken and die on its own virulence. Love was made of sterner stuff.

The car pulled up in front of her. She tossed away her cigarette and climbed in.