Cost of a Glimpse

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JayDiver
JayDiver
230 Followers

So I figured being one of those kind of people we'd cut a deal. He'd get a portrait and I'd get to die. We didn't make it a complex plan because I didn't really envision it lasting very long. I didn't even want to appear dead for very long. So no name change or new identity, passports or any of that.

I just wanted Kat to think that I died for long enough to break her guilt cycle and let her move on. So I let my folks in on the whole plan, they really didn't like it. But also really couldn't see anything wrong with it, and everyone knew she had to let go and move on. Maybe my death would shock her enough to clear that guilt.

The plan was simple, I'd go to his home village. Where he had a favorite relative, who was a policeman. Paint a portrait and a half. After drinking heavily in a tavern. Drive my car off a tall embankment, according to the police report. Ship back a bunch of clothes and old paint set, a half finished portrait, and forged copies of some of my paper work, plus a DNA report.

My cremated remains would be delayed 'quite a while' by 'red tape'. The forged papers were the intentional weak link. They would only stand up to a cursory examination by a lay person. Someone with any knowledge of papers would spot them as fraud right away.

It seemed to all go really well. The one time that I talked to Mom, she said that Kat had come over and expressed her condolences. Seemed really sad but not completely broken up. The only thing that she asked for, was to see the painting that had been shipped back with my possessions.

That's why I'd made one to sent back, I knew that it would be the one piece of 'evidence' that she'd believe. That I'd really been there.

Three weeks, 21 days after my supposed death, Kat's heart gave out.

She was buried three days later.

I'm bound for a plane to Ireland and Father Egan.

Wondering if God will forgive me.

Or I can forgive myself.

She died at 37.

JayDiver
JayDiver
230 Followers