Covid Apocalypse

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Any progress on a therapeutic for this?" he asked.

"We're getting close, but I'm not certain we're ready for human testing just yet," she said. He nodded his head in agreement. He had heard the same thing from his other teams as well and had hoped Barbara would have better news.

"Well, keep at it," he said.

"I will, boss," she said. Ron went back to his office and placed a call to Steve. Something had to be done.

By now, the economy had all but crumbled and the unemployment rate was the highest it had ever been in the nation's history. National supply lines had been disrupted worse than ever, and everyone scrambled just to keep the necessities. Congress passed one stimulus bill after another, sending money out to taxpayers on a near-monthly basis. Things were even worse in other countries.

"Hey, Ron, glad you called," Steve said. "I was just getting ready to call you."

"Talk to me, Steve," Ron said. "What's the White House planning?"

"We're going to hold a press conference tomorrow, and the president wants you here," Steve said. "Can you make it?"

"I'll be there," Ron said. "What time?"

"The conference is scheduled for 5:00 pm," Steve said. "The president wants to reach as many people as possible, so we're doing it during prime time. We'd like to discuss this with you before the conference, so if you can get here an hour early, that would be terrific."

"I'll be there," Ron said.

...

The next day, Ron found himself in the Oval Office with the president, Steve and others from the CDC and the WHO. He shook their hands when he was ushered into the office.

"Good to see you again, Dr. Black," the president said.

"Good to see you as well, Madame President," he said. They spent the next hour updating her on their progress and she told them how the conference would be run. Ron listened in silence and followed her and Steve into the briefing room, where a number of reporters were all gathered. The president stepped to the microphone and addressed the group.

"I'd like to introduce Dr. Ron Black, a top-level researcher who is on loan to the CDC," she said after her initial comments. "We have been told that he and his team have uncovered some information regarding this new outbreak and we hope they will have answers for us. Dr. Black..." She turned to Ron and motioned for him to take the podium. He stepped forward and began speaking.

"Thank you, Madame President," he said before turning to the reporters and cameras. "Good evening," he began. "First off, I'd like to state what many here have already surmised. That is, the original novel coronavirus has mutated. It's not altogether unusual to see a virus mutate, however, this mutation is something no one could have imagined or predicted.

"Our research indicates this new version of the virus has become a sexually-transmitted disease. That would explain why the vast majority of those who have tested positive with this strain are adults of child-bearing age. We have also determined that the vast majority of those infected have led lives that are, shall we say, quite promiscuous," he said.

"Wait, Dr. Black," one reporter said. "Are you telling us that this is now spread through sexual contact?"

"That's exactly what I'm saying," Dr. Black said.

"But wouldn't the STD blockers the CDC has recommended for a half century prevent any infection from taking place?" another reporter asked.

"I'm glad you asked that," Ron said. "Our research indicates that the mandatory STD blockers are actually the cause of the mutation." The briefing room erupted in chaos at the announcement.

"But, Dr. Black, about 65 percent of the adult population take STD blockers," a third reporter said. "Are you saying all those adults are at risk?"

"Actually, our research suggests that over 85 percent of the adult population are on STD blockers," he said. "Not all of those individuals are sexually active, but it appears that everyone who has taken them are at a much higher risk. Naturally, being sexually active increases the chance of infection."

"Does that mean that all adults who are sexually active are at risk?" another reporter asked.

"Technically, yes," Ron said. "But our research indicates that those who are in monogamous relationships are far less likely to contract the disease than those who are more active. That number decreases significantly if STD blockers haven't been used. In fact, we have determined that for the most part, monogamous adults who have never used the blockers will, in all likelihood, never contract this new version of the virus. That doesn't mean they're immune from the original strain, however."

"What can be done to stop the spread of this new strain?" the first reporter asked.

"Two things," Ron said. "First, stop taking the STD blockers. Second, quit being promiscuous."

"You're talking about abstaining from sex, right?" another reporter asked.

"In essence, yes," Ron said. "It might be an inconvenience for some, sure, but it beats dying, don't you think?"

"Is there a vaccine being developed for this new strain?" the second reporter asked.

"We are working as hard and as fast as we can to produce one, however, we are nowhere near ready to begin human testing," Ron said.

"What's the survival rate for this new strain?" another reporter asked.

"Significantly lower than the original strain, I'm afraid," Ron said. "In addition, we have found those who have survived the infection generally suffer from other complications. A number of men who survived, for example, were found to be sterile and suffer from extreme erectile dysfunction."

"What about women?" the reporter asked.

"That's a different ball game, I'm afraid," Ron said. "We have seen everything from decreased libidos to ovarian cancer."

"How are patients being treated now?" the third reporter asked.

"For the most part, we are only able to treat the symptoms right now," Ron said. "We have found some success using readily-available medications, however, there is a very short window in which that can be used."

"Madame President," one reporter blurted out. "What steps are you taking?"

"Well, we're looking at a number of things," the president said. "One step is an executive order ending the mandatory use of STD blockers. I have decided to maintain the national mask mandate, and may strengthen it. I am also considering a moratorium on all sexual activity until the pandemic is over."

"How would you enforce such a mandate?" one reporter asked. The president looked at the reporter with a frown before answering.

"We have ways of making it work," she said grimly. "In addition, my administration is working with governors and members of Congress to get even more relief to the American people and minimize the damage to the economy. I'll have more on that in the coming days. I'm afraid that's all the time we have for today," he added. "Thank you for being here, Dr. Black, and thank you for all you're doing."

With that, Ron and the president left the podium, as reporters shouted questions. When they returned to the Oval Office, the president dismissed everyone except Ron and Steve. She turned her attention to Ron.

"I get the feeling you purposefully held back some information," she said. "I've seen some of the reports you sent to Steve and I'm curious to know why you held back out there."

"For starters, I didn't want to cause a panic," he said. "A lot of what we've hypothesized so far has yet to be verified."

"I see," she said. "And were you serious about the blockers being the root cause of the mutation?"

"Yes," Ron said. "We've been able to verify that." She nodded her head in understanding.

"So you'll back my decision to lift the mandate on the blockers?" she asked.

"Yes, ma'am," Ron said.

"Good," she said.

"And I'm a bit curious how you intend to enforce a mandate on sexual activity," he said. She smiled and nodded her head at Steve.

"Go ahead," she said. "Show him." Steve picked up a box and pulled out two devices. He set them on the president's desk.

"What are these?" Ron asked as he examined them.

"Chastity devices," Steve said. "The one with the plastic tube is designed for men, the other is for women. And yes, they both have locks to prevent them from being opened."

"And you plan to mandate these for everyone?" Ron asked, incredulous.

"Of course," the president said. "I know it seems rather draconian, but I've run it by the Chief Justice and he assures me I'm within my legal rights to mandate these under the circumstances."

"But we're talking about millions of adults," Ron said.

"That's already been taken care of," she said. "Thanks to the Defense Production Act, we've been able to get over 200 million of these manufactured in a very short period of time." Ron was shocked. So this is what they've been planning.

"You think people will accept this?" he asked. "They're already protesting the mask mandate."

"That's for me to worry about," she said. "It's all in the messaging. Your job is to find a cure for this. The sooner you do, the sooner I can lift the mandate." Ron didn't like her solution, but knew he was unable to persuade her otherwise.

"When does this go into affect?" he asked.

"I'll be announcing it tomorrow morning when I sign the executive order," she said. "The devices have already been distributed to centers around the country. I expect your full cooperation on this, Dr. Black."

"I see," Ron said. "Well then, I guess I'd better get back to work." Steve and the president smiled.

"I guess you'd better," Steve said. Ron shook their hands and took his leave of them. On the way back to Atlanta, he wondered how this would be received. When he got to the airport, he texted his wife to let her know he was home.

"Hurry, my love," she texted him. "I need you so bad." He smiled as he sent her a message filled with virtual kisses.

...

That night as he and Belinda lay in bed, he broke the news to her. To say she was unhappy was an understatement.

"What?" she exclaimed. "You can't be serious. Can she do that?"

"Apparently so," he said. "And yes, she is serious about this."

"What about all the people who aren't on the blockers?" she asked.

"Doesn't matter," he said. "The virus can be spread to anyone, whether they're on the blockers or not. The blockers only make the symptoms worse."

"Crap," she said. "So how long are we supposed to put up with that?" He shrugged his shoulders.

"Don't know," he said. "Supposedly, just until we have a treatment."

"That sucks," she said.

"Yeah, it does," he said.

...

The next morning, millions of Americans watched as the president addressed the nation. She grimly looked into the camera as she spoke.

"My fellow Americans," she began. "As you all know, the nation is in the grip of a viral outbreak the likes of which we have never before seen. I want to assure each and every one of you that everything is being done to defeat this virus.

"Our best scientific minds are hard at work finding a cure for this disease, but until they do, we must take steps to protect the lives of every single American. I have thought long and hard about this and I have consulted with the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court to make sure that the steps we are taking, while drastic and somewhat unconventional, are legal and constitutional.

"As you all know by now, this new virus is spread through sexual contact, and the chances of survival for many are quite slim. So far, there is no treatment for it, leaving millions of Americans defenseless.

"Therefore, I have signed an executive order just moments ago mandating a moratorium on all sexual activity until the CDC declares the pandemic to be over. In addition, I have extended the national mask mandate and have ordered that everyone 18 years of age and older be fitted with chastity devices to prevent them from engaging in sexual activity.

"That mandate has already gone into affect. Locations of distribution centers can be found at the website named below," she said as a website URL was displayed on the bottom of the screen.

"These are trying times for all of us. Throughout history, Americans have sacrificed for the greater good, and this is no exception," she added. "Our best medical minds are working on this problem even as we speak and it is my hope we can find a solution to this virus quickly. In the meantime, as your president, I promise to take any and all action necessary for the good of every American. I only ask that you do your part to help save lives.

"May God bless you and may God bless the United States of America," she said in conclusion. Ron and Belinda shook their heads in disbelief as they went to the website to find out more about the mandate.

"Is this even legal?" Belinda asked her husband.

"She told me she consulted with the Chief Justice," he said. They read the mandate on the website and was surprised to learn that the National Guard had been called up to help enforce it. According to the site, anyone not wearing a chastity device could face a hefty fine and possible jail time, and, starting the next day, everyone was subject to random checks. They found the address of their local distribution center and headed out.

When they got there, they found a line stretched around the large building with armed and masked National Guard troops keeping everyone in check. Ron parked the car and they got in line, making sure their face was covered.

An hour later, they were ushered inside and their ID was checked. A female worker took Belinda into what looked like a small dressing room at a department store. A male worker escorted Ron into a similar room, and instructed him to drop his trousers and underwear. Ron felt embarrassed and humiliated, but obeyed. The man measured his penis and handed him a chastity belt that fit without being too uncomfortable. He locked it in place and handed Ron the key.

"Don't worry, you'll still be able to urinate without discomfort," the man said. "Keep an eye out for abrasion, though. If you feel discomfort or chafing, you may need to use a salve or a cream."

"Do I have to wear this while I'm sleeping?" Ron asked.

"Yes, according to the order, it has to remain on 24/7," the man said. "You can remove it for 30 minutes each day to bathe or shower, but otherwise, it is to remain on. Keep in mind that each device has a tracker so we'll know if it's been unlocked and removed for longer than the allowed time. You may feel some discomfort if you get an erection, so try not to let that happen. If it does, come back and we'll give you something to keep it from happening. Any questions?"

"One," Ron answered. This was far beyond anything he had agreed to and the idea that the device had a tracker on it was unacceptable to him. "Are you saying you can track our movements with this thing?"

"Yes," the man said. "It's all part of the enhanced contact tracing program. We're already tracking your phone, so the expectation is that the chastity device should be in close proximity to your phone. Of course, we'll get flagged if the device is unlocked for more than 30 minutes."

"Wait, you're tracking our phones?" Ron asked. "I never gave approval for that."

"That was done via an agreement with your provider," the man said.

"I see," Ron said. "So, what happens if the chastity device is unlocked for more than 30 minutes?"

"Well, it gets flagged and then monitored," the man said. "If it remains unlocked and stationary for more than an hour or so and it's not within a few feet of your phone, then you can expect a welfare check."

"I see," Ron said, concerned. He was unaware all of this was part of the president's plan.

"Anything else?" the man asked. Ron shook his head.

"Not at this time," he said.

"Good," the man said, handing him a small brochure. "If you have any questions, read this brochure and if necessary, reach out to us at our website." Ron looked at the brochure and saw it was from something called the "Federal Bureau of Chastity and Contact Tracing," which was part of the Department of Health and Human Services.

"Thank you, I will," Ron said, pocketing the brochure. He left the small room and looked for Belinda. He found her a few feet away, looking more than a bit embarrassed.

"Let's get the hell outta here," he said quietly, taking her hand.

"Please," she said. They got to his car and headed out. Ron felt very uncomfortable with the cage on and wondered how his wife felt.

"Are you okay?" he asked. She shook her head.

"No, I'm not," she said. "I can't believe you agreed to have the president do this."

"I never agreed to all of this," he said. "She assured me everything was legal, above-board and based on the science. Right now I feel like we're on a leash."

"Me too," she said. "What will we do?"

"Let me think it over," he said. "We'll discuss it tonight, okay?"

"Okay," she said. They drove the rest of the way to the house in silence. When they got there, they kissed each other goodbye and Ron headed back to work as Belinda drove to her job, which was in the opposite direction. When he got to his office, he called Steve.

"Hey, Ronnie-boy, how's things going?" Steve asked when he answered. He hated that name, as it reminded him of his time as a youngster at MIT.

"What's this about using these chastity things as tracking devices?" Ron asked.

"Well, we need to be able to trace everyone's movements," Steve said. "That's the whole idea behind contact tracing."

"I'm a bit concerned about privacy, though," Ron said. "This seems to go way beyond what we discussed earlier."

"I know," Steve said. "Look, it's just a temporary measure. I wouldn't worry about it too much."

"Are you wearing one of these things?" Ron asked.

"Of course," Steve said. "I was one of the first to get one."

"How are you liking it so far?" Ron asked.

"I'm loving it," Steve said enthusiastically.

"Yeah, you would, you sick freak," Ron said with a laugh. Steve laughed with him.

"Truth be told, it's not the first time I've had one of these things on," Steve said.

"You really are a sick freak, aren't you?" Ron asked. Steve chuckled.

"You have no idea, my boy," Steve said.

"Well, I'd better get back to work," Ron said. "Talk to you soon." They ended the call and Ron went to see Barbara.

"Any word so far this morning?" he asked.

"You mean, besides getting humiliated with this... thing?" she asked, pointing to her groin.

"Yeah, besides that," Ron said.

"Well, we've come up with a way to neutralize the STD blockers," she said. "Our initial tests indicate that's a necessary first step."

"Good," Ron said. "Can we get production started on that?"

"Already done," she said. "I'm told a test batch will be ready in two days. We just need volunteers to test it." Ron nodded his head. "I've spoken with Sanders about it and he's taking care of that." Roland Sanders was the CDC's point man for these kinds of things and worked to ensure everything met the Center's strict standards for human testing.

"Alright," Ron said. "What else?"

"We're working as fast as we can to counter this virus, but we're running into some issues and I could use your help," she said. Ron nodded his head and sat down to go over what she had done so far. It felt good to finally sit down and do what he had been trained to do. Before he knew it, the day was over and they headed home.

...

"So how was your day?" Ron asked Belinda as they sat on the couch, drinking a glass of wine.

"Unreal," she said. "You know how much of a pain this damn chastity belt is?"

"I'm sure it's about as much of a pain as this damn thing I have on," Ron said. "I'm about ready to chuck it in the trash can."

"Any idea how we can get around it?" she asked.

"Actually, I do," he said. "According to the directions and what I got from the guy who put it on me, we can unlock it and remove it for a half hour before it starts to send out warnings. They give it an hour before they respond. So, what I suggest we do is take the damn things off, lock them back up and put them about two or three feet away from our phones."