Coworker

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I smile back and lean back against the table. I wasn't going to be an ass and take my annoyance out on this girl. We start to talk about work and other unimportant things and I realize Brittney is pretty cool.

Maybe I should put myself out there, I think to myself.

She begins to tell me about the new guy at her store and his antics. He's not the brightest but he has good intentions. One story has us both rolling and Brittney places a hand on her side and leans into me a little when she can't stop laughing. I laugh along with her and place a hand on her back and ask if she is okay. We stare at each other for a bit before laughing again.

The back door slams and I looked up to see Emily standing there looking at us.

I am then reminded of her involvement in this Brittney situation and make no intention of hiding my irritation. She has to learn that playing with people for her own entertainment is not cool.

"Hey Emily, thanks for telling Brittany to come over this morning. She is hilarious and she brought coffee! Great way to start my morning." I smile at Brittany and she beams at me. In the back of my mind I reprimand myself for doing exactly what I accused Emily of. I can't give Brittany any false hope.

Emily has a tight smile on her lips but is gracious enough not to say anything. She grabs a coffee and heads to her desk. Brittany takes that as her cue to leave. A couple of seconds later she grabs her stuff and says goodbye.

I stand there looking at the door Brittney walked out off while trying to ignore the need to look at Emily behind me. I look down at my watch and notice it is still really early for Emily to be here.

I walk back to my desk and ask why she is here so early.

I open up a couple of emails and started replying back. She types something at her desk and then I hear her heels coming towards my desk. I pretend to be caught up in an email so I don't have to look at her when she reaches me.

"Does it bother you that I'm here early? Did you want more alone time with Brit?" Her voice is only above a whisper. I look up at her confused and annoyed. What is her problem? I stop myself from saying anything rude and stooping to her level.

"I was just asking." I say and turn back to my computer.

She gets a little closer and leans against my desk. Her thighs are only a couple of inches away from mine. I try not to let it distract me. It is hard when she is wearing a pencil skirt that wraps around her hips.

"So what, are you guys going on a date soon?" I can tell she is trying to play it off but she can't completely hide the irritation in her tone. I look up at her confused again.

I hate it when she gets this way. There would be times when Emily would get the nastiest attitude with me. Plus, it was her idea for Brittney to come over this morning and now she is mad that I actually got along with her. I bet she expected to me realize Brittany was nothing compared to her. As if I needed a reminder of that.

"Yeah, actually we are." I say out of spite and silently kick myself for it. As soon as she talks to Brittany she would know I was lying. But why did she care anyways? I just want her to get away from me. I can't hold my anger in much longer. Not when she is this close to me.

She slams her hands on my desk catching me off guard. Then she does something I have only ever fantasized about. Before I can even blink she is on top of me. She straddles me and has me pinned to my chair. My hands automatically wrap around her waist and I dig my nails into her hips. I am torn between pushing her off of me and grinding her into me. I do neither and sit there looking up at her with, what I hope, is a poker face.

Her face is only inches from mine. Her breath is coming out in quick little puffs like mine and I have to fight not nuzzle my nose into her neck. She smells sweet, and forbidden. God, I want to kiss her. I look at her hazel eyes to see what she is thinking. They are light brown with a hint of hunger today.

She looks just as surprised as I do. I guess she finally realized her little game is falling apart. She does not seem to be in control anymore. Now you might think Emily is not so vindictive and competitive that she would throw herself at me because I entertained the thought of her good friend Brittney. But you would be surprised at the lengths that she will go through to get what she wants. My guess is she wants my attention right now.

I let my body take over. If she wants to play, I am fair game.

My hands pull her closer to me. Her skirt rolls up so it is now around her hips. Her black stockings only come up to mid thigh and I feel myself get hot at this image of her, of us. I pull her further down until her crotch rests on my left thigh. Her breath hitches and she bites her lip when her heated center presses against my thigh.

My hands pull her hips forward and push them back in one swift motion. I make sure the grinding motion reaches her clit. I do it again and this time her eyes grow wider. I repeated the action and feel a small wet spot seeping through her panties to my work pants. My underwear is soaked. Her hands wrap around my neck and she looks like she was hanging on for dear life. I move in closer and let my breasts push into hers. With each thrust our breasts rub against each other and cause our breaths to quicken.

A moan escapes her lips and she looks scared. She is close. Her blond hair brushes up against her breast, as our rhythm became in sync. I moved my body faster and dig my nails deeper into her hips. I am sure she is going to get bruises but at the moment neither of us care enough to stop. She rolls her head back and moves to a quicker rhythm. She is definitely close. I feel her tighten and hold her breath. A longer stroke undoes her.

Right before she climaxes she sighs the sweetest word from her lips:

"Jesse..."

******

I have never been called Jesse in my life. I preferred people to call me Jessica and only close friends call me Jess. That was all I could think about for the next two weeks. Her cute moans, the feel of her hips in my hands, and my name on her lips.

******

I wish I could say my life took a turn for the better after that moment, but of course it didn't. As soon as Emily had her wits back she quickly jumped off my lap and walked out of the office in a hurry. If I didn't have a wet spot on my dress pants I would have thought I imagined the whole thing.

After that my manager came in and told me Emily wouldn't be in for the rest of the week, because she was really sick. I took it upon myself to try and put the incident behind me. Obviously it didn't work, and I thought about it for the rest of the week. At least I didn't have to put up with Emily in the office. I had to admit, her taking the cowardly way out was not what I expected. I was glad though I needed to recuperate.

******

The next week was different but not really eventful. On her first day back Emily was all smiles. Luke (her boyfriend) had taken care of her while she stayed in bed all week. Everyone in the store listened to her go on and on about how amazing her boyfriend was. I felt guilt settle into the pit of my stomach. Even if I didn't kiss Emily, I did make her cum. And even if I was a little smug about it, I didn't once think about Luke. In my defense, neither did she.

For the rest of the week Emily goes about her day and we settle back into our old routine. I go back to being bothered by her and she was back to being her ruthless self. She had just finished shamelessly flirting with her last customer and walks up to me with a triumph smile.

"He got the upgrade." She looks so proud of herself.

"Did he need the upgrade though?" I ask, trying to control my emotions. Even though she never really ignored me since she got back, she rarely started a conversation with me.

She shrugs. "I work in sales, so I am going to sell. I don't care if he needs it or not. I just care that my actions don't go to waste." She flips her hair over her shoulder.

I try not to look disgusted as I felt. I am definitely in the wrong work field. I care more about the customer and making sure they do not spend money where they do not have to.

Emily cares more about her numbers and does not care if a customer goes broke after a purchase. Some of her selling tactics are also questionable. Guys always prefer to work with her and women who lacked in self esteem always trusts her judgment. Good looks give her that sort of power. She could probably sell water to a fish.

I am more annoyed with the fact that she is back to her confident self, strutting around, looking as delicious as ever.

"Whatever, I'm going to finish some stuff here and go home." I turn away.

I feel her walk behind me and try to walk without feeling self-conscious.

"How is Brittany?" She asks when I reach my desk.

I scoff and shake my head. "No, I am not talking to you about Brittany."

In truth Brittany and I are actually doing great. We hung out a couple of times in the last two weeks and text throughout the day. I am comfortable around her and she feels the same way around me. There is just something missing. And I know all too well it is coming from my end.

Emily rolls her eyes. "I am the one who got you two together, I should at least be up to date on your status" She leans against my desk and I was reminded of the last time she did that. She isn't wearing a skirt this time, thank God.

"Well then ask her." I simply reply. I was better at handling Emily when I was irritated with her.

She leans back and places her hands behind her. Her perky breasts stand out. A red silky shirt covers her flat tummy. My hands start to itch.

I look up at her and can't help the blush that creeps into my cheeks. I imagine her with her thigh stockings straddling me and calling me 'Jesse' as she cums. Emily shifts uncomfortably under my stare, which I guess give my thoughts away.

"Come one Jesse, how are you two doing?" She says in an attempt to bring back my attention. She turns her head to the side and her hair sways with the movement. Her husky tone makes my stomach tightened.

I look her straight in the eyes. "Don't call me that." I warn.

She looks innocently back and bites her bottom lip. Her blonde hair brushes against one of her breast and I want to turn my hands through it.

"Call you what? Jesse?" Her sweet tone is like music to my ears.

My body responds automatically. My breasts tighten up, nipples pucker, and my hands start to sweat. I shake my head to clear it. This is another one of her mind games.

For all I know she already talked to Brittany, knew we were talking, and wants to mess with my head. Even if Emily does not like girls and wants nothing to do with me, she wants to be the only one that takes up my thoughts. If only she knew I needed no help in that department.

I stand up and try to walk past her.

She quickly steps in front, to block my exit, and gives me a special smile. A smile that would normally put me on my knees.

I ball up my fists to keep from pulling her into me and devouring her mouth. Her lips are painted crimson and I can clearly picture ruining them and rubbing the color all over her face after I am done kissing her.

"I'm not playing this little game with you, Emily" I say, carefully. "Whatever I do with Brittney is between me and her. This isn't some competition to see who is the best and the prettiest. Leave us alone." I stare at her as she realizes her actions are clear.

A tight smile appears on her lips. "So there is something going on between you two?" Her tone is sickly sweet.

I don't confirm nor deny anything, which makes her patience thin. She steps a little closer and I step back. Thank God the office is now empty and no coworkers are nearby. To an outsider looking in, we were in a heated discussion two seconds away from exploding.

Her face moves in closer and she quickly runs her tongue over her lips before she tries and close the distance between us. My hands wrap around her shoulder and I push her away. I hold her at arm's length.

"What are you doing?!" I yell. I can feel my emotions going haywire. Here is the girl that I had been mooning over the last couple of months and she is about to kiss me. Why am I pushing her away? My hands tighten around her shoulders.

"Let's see if Brittany is a better kisser than me." She tries leaning in again and I shove her away.

This why I don't want to kiss her, I remind myself. She is just manipulating me, the situation, everything again. This is another stupid game and I almost allowed myself to get caught up again.

"Grow up!" I finally say. "So what if I think Brittney is hotter? What if I want to date her? It is not a competition. There is no prize!"

Can she really be so blind as to ever think there is anyone who could compare to her? I can't help but think in the back of my mind.

Emily's lips tremble but she holds her ground. Her eyes never stray from mine.

"You have a boyfriend!" I reminded her "You're straight, you don't like girls, and you're only doing this so that you could add this as another win in your little book." I am getting heated now. I am finally letting her have it and I can't seem to stop. "Stop being a brat and realize that there are prettier, nicer, and overall better girls out there than you"

Her head snaps back as if I slapped her. I drop my hands. Her hand goes up to her mouth and she quickly turns and runs away from me.

I looked after her and force myself to stay where I am. No matter what game Emily is playing, I should have been the bigger person and walked away.

My head slumps down and my shoulders caved in. I should feel better for finally calling her out but I don't. I want to find her, wipe her tears, kiss her lips, and beg her to forgive me.

Instead I go to my desk and notice Kathy is near the door. I am not sure how much she heard and I really don't care.

******

The next day I come in and am surprised to see Mike at Emily's desk. My heart stutters and I take a seat before talking to him.

"Hey Mike, you're here helping out for the day?" I try to sound nonchalant.

"Hi Jessica, no. I think I'm here to replace Emily." He starts up his computer and I drop the subject. It is also very common for us to move around to different stores after a couple of months. One doesn't stay too long at the same branch. Emily was due to be moved but I have a feeling this had something to do with yesterday's incident.

An empty feeling settles in my gut. This is awful.

I rush to the bathroom and take out my phone. My thumbs do all the work before my brain makes them stop.

She left because of me. She is now at some other store with other people...making their lives just that much worse...and better.

I send a text asking her if she is okay.

I walk back and forth waiting for a response. After 15 minutes I give up hope. My anxiety is like a grey cloud above my head. Even if I can't stand Emily, even if she only talks to me because she is bored and wants to play little mind games, I want-no need- her to be here.

Working here is easier and harder knowing that I am going to be tortured with her sweet smell in the air and her bright smile everywhere. Her dark humor always catches me off guard and makes me chuckle in spite of myself. Now I am going to miss out on it because I wanted to be a bitch yesterday.

I leave the bathroom and head straight to my desk to distract myself with work. My hands keep shifting uncomfortably and I finally take out my phone again. She still hasn't replied. She is probably just walking into her new office right now. I visit her social media site but there is nothing new.

Okay, breathe. You can get through this. It's probably for the best. This is almost toxic. You should not be missing her this much if she is such a terrible person. I think all these thoughts as I reply to emails.

And with those little pep talks I make it through the day.

Kathy notices my mood and asks me if I am okay a couple of times.

I put on a fake smile and brush off her concerns.

Only once does she mention Emily's move. She notices my reaction so she drops the subject. I have a feeling she heard most of what was said yesterday.

Its harder to pretend to be happy when Brittany texts me throughout the day. She can tell I am in a funk but doesn't inquire. It's not until I am packing up my things at the end of the day that she catches my undivided attention.

"Emily did great today." She says through the receiver. I almost drop my phone but hold on to it tightly.

"She's there?" I can't help how desperate my voice sounds.

Brittany notices the change of tone and takes a second to reply. "Yeah, she will be working here now, I guess."

My heart starts beating again but I don't say anything for a while. So she's not too far away. I feel a weight lift off my shoulders.

"Can I ask you something?" Brittany inquires.

I notice that I stopped gathering my things and start packing up again. I walk through the office doors to my car.

"Do you like Emily?" Brittany asks, quietly.

I fall into my driver's seat. It takes me a while to figure out if she's asking if I like Emily as a person and not as something more.

"Emily...is different" I manage to say without giving much away. I turn the car on and pull out of my parking spot.

"She seems to think you really like her." Brittney replies, sullen. So this is where the conversation is headed?

I hit the brakes hard. "Why do you say that?" I feel the old irritation start creeping up again. She's only been there for a day and she's already stirring the pot.

"During lunch she kind of dropped a hint about you finding her attractive. More attractive than some people if I'm being blunt" She is definitely upset.

I groan and start driving again. And just when I thought that missing Emily was going to make it hard coming in to work everyday, I am reminded that she is not worth my thoughts.

Emily must to have told Brittany that I found her more attractive. That stupid conversation from lunch was just ammo she gathered for a moment like this. She might have taken the coward way out and moved stores but she wants the last laugh. Well if she thinks she's going to get between Brittany and me, she has another thing coming.

"Don't listen to Emily. She loves drama and if you're close enough you can get sucked in." I shake my head as I say this. I can't believe I felt bad this morning.

We finish our conversation and agree to meet at the movies the next day. This would be our official third date.

Even as I cursed Emily, I secretly wondered what shade of lipstick she wore today. How is it possible that Emily still has a hold of me even when she wasn't around?

******

Almost a month passes by before I see Emily again. We have a mandatory training that we have to attend and she's in my class. My palms get sweaty when I walk in and see her. I pick the furthest seat away and try not to look at her. I cannot remember a single section about that training. I don't know who lead it or how long it lasted.

I know Emily wore a navy blue pantsuit with a white blouse underneath. Her black heels made the outfit complete. Her hair was up in a ponytail and she kept running her fingers through it. She had a silver bracelet on her right arm that kept clinking against the table anytime she put her arm down. Her bottle of water was only half way finished when we finished the meeting and her nude colored lipstick left a mark around the rim.

I managed to leave the meeting without having to exchange any words with her.

******

Almost two month after Emily had transferred stores I see her for a second time.

The happy hour is in full swing when I arrive. Most of the older employees and married people have left and those left already had a healthy amount of alcohol in their system. I can't help it but the first person I look for is her. She is leaning on the bar sipping a beer and talking to some guy I don't know. He probably doesn't even work with us.