Cupcakes Book 01 Ch. 01-05 Updated

Story Info
Edited chapters for Cupcakes Book 1 Werewolf romance.
21.6k words
4.84
7.4k
19

Part 1 of the 11 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 09/07/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hello readers! Long time no posts from me I know and I apologize. I'm in the process of writing the second book in this series and it's requiring some tweaks to the original story so things make sense with the direction I'm going in. Please send me a message to be added to my mailing list and I'll get you set up to see all the edited chapters and new content as it comes out. Thank you so much for the continued messages and comments during my long absence, I love knowing you love this story as much as I do.

So a quck word on what is changing. For one Georgia needed a bit more backbone. This was originally published as I wrote it and Georgia became a stronger character as I went. Now I am going back and strenthing her up from the get go. Also book 2 is going to have some storyline that needed a few teasers added in to book one. Nothing major, and the sex scenes have thus far remained pretty much untouched. Oh! And I've finally had the time to actually write the ending with the care it deserves. With ALL that said please enjoy and again send me a message so I can get you hooked up moving forward.

Chapters 1-5

The sun was pushing through cracks in the curtains, creating bright stripes of morning light in the otherwise dark bedroom. The large man occupying the room was still asleep despite the sun being up. He moaned restlessly and tossed, caught in an intense dream. Inside his head his wolf was free, nose to the ground, following someone's scent through a darkened forest. He caught the scent again and howled triumphantly as he ran to catch up. Through the trees a flash of white fabric, long brown hair. On the wind the warm smell of vanilla and sugar. Cupcakes. He was desperate to catch her, but she stayed just out of reach. He growled in frustration, having lost the scent again and before he could find it his alarm pulled him back to consciousness.

He groaned and stretched, grabbing his phone to silence the alarm. He lay for a moment still feeling the desperation of the dream. Despite being awake he could still smell cupcakes. The smell led him out of bed and downstairs to the kitchen, where his mother and several of his sisters were baking. As usual at pretty much any time of day their home was full of people and activity.

Despite worrisome and mysterious declines in werewolf birth rates his parents had brought a huge family in to the world. He'd grown up in the kind of family werewolves spoke of as something from their past, the way things used to be.

"Good morning sleepy head." his mother quipped good naturedly.

"Man that smells good. It made its way into my dreams." He peered into the oven at the yellow cupcakes starting to dome up.

"Don't even think about it!" His sister Helen snapped at towel at him to shoo him away from the oven.

"Hey! I'm just looking." He rubbed his thigh where the towel had snapped him and tried to look hurt. Helen giggled and wrapped the towel up to hit him again as he ducked behind his mother for protection.

"Don't get me in the middle of your shenanigans please Rig, I've got to get this icing made so we can get these cupcakes done for tonight."

"I'll be the bigger man," He kissed his mother on the cheek, "I need to hop in the shower anyway."

His sister's taunts followed him back up the stairs, finally cut off when he closed the bathroom door. Rig grinned as he turned on the shower, he'd miss Helen soon enough. She'd recently found her mate and would be moving out of the family home. Not that there would be any shortage of other siblings, but anytime somebody moved away from their tight knit family they were missed.

Stepping out of the shower a short time later he realized he'd forgotten to turn on the fan and filled the room up with steam. His head definitely wasn't on right this morning. He wiped off the mirror and eyed the shadow of a beard that no amount of shaving could completely remove. Rig wasn't given to vanity but he had to admit there was nothing obviously objectionable about his appearance. His body was strong and fit, with broad shoulders and the kind of muscles you earn working hard. It did what he needed it to do and he was comfortable in it, for him that was good enough.

Wrapping a towel around his waist he made his way back down the hall to his room, saying good morning to a couple of his brothers that shared the floor with him. It was time for work and the house was buzzing as the large family prepared for the day.

Rig, with his 6 brothers, worked for the family construction business. At 30 he was the oldest son still at home, something he was regularly teased about. Wolves generally stayed at home until they found their mate and his had yet to show up. She hadn't shown up in the waking world anyway, but she was there almost every night lately haunting his dreams.

This morning he was on his way to a site he was supervising, a large commercial building big on concrete and small on style. Checking the time he realized he was running a bit early, which gave him time to drop into a coffee shop he'd noticed nearby. A big cup of fancy coffee sounded perfect to help clear out the cobwebs.

The shop was moderately busy as he walked in, there were 4 people ahead of him in line to order. To his sensitive nose the scent of coffee was usually strong and powerful, but as he stepped in the door he was hit with the familiar smell of cupcakes. It was the most wonderful thing he'd ever smelled and he had an immediate visceral response. His heart was pounding, his wolf was howling and he nearly stumbled as his cock swelled uncomfortably.

Skipping the line he moved to examine the bakery case. It was full of breads and confections, but no cupcakes. He looked around the store, the smell driving him to distraction. His wolf was frantic, clawing for control in a way he hadn't experienced since puberty. Rig sniffed the air, trying to zero in on where the scent was coming from. He scanned the store, no other bakery cases. From the other end of the counter, in the pick up line, a woman laughed. It was melodic, absolutely feminine and he whipped around at the sound of it. His wolf lunged forward toward the source. Here she was, finally, in the waking world, he'd found her.

And she was not what he had expected. She was human, not unheard of but special and rare. Certainly more complicated than a natural wolf. He retreated to the back of the line and watched her, he hoped, unobtrusively.

She was the personification of a cupcake. He grinned as his wolf licked his chops. She was decadent, round, soft and delicious looking. A vanilla cupcake with chocolate icing, he thought admiring her lush brown hair as she laughed again and shook her head. Everything about her looked impossibly lush as a matter of fact. Full breasts, generous ass, curvy legs that ended gracefully in the cutest little feet he'd ever seen. He realized he was growling softly, clenching his fists. With a tremendous effort of will he took several deep breaths and stepped up to order his coffee while keeping one eye on his mate.

How are we going to do this? The primal, animal part of him was snapping and straining to just grab their mate. The logical, human part of him knew he had to proceed carefully. Most humans had no idea non-humans existed at all and could react badly when confronted with proof. He couldn't risk this going badly.

She had picked up her order and sat at a two top table near the window. As he ordered she pulled a Kindle out of her bag and started reading while drinking her coffee and taking bites of what looked like quiche. His sense of smell was so overwhelmed by her he couldn't pick out anything else for certain.

Just stay there sweetheart, just stay right there he thought as he waited for his coffee. It seemed to take forever but she was only halfway through her food and didn't look like she was moving any time soon. He admired her smooth bare leg and shapely ankle as she crossed her legs and settled in her chair. She was wearing an emerald green wrap dress that hugged her voluptuous breasts and skimmed over her tummy and thighs. His eyes were drawn to her deep cleavage as she leaned forward to take another bite. He followed the fork to a pair of lips made for kissing. She closed her eyes and smiled appreciatively as her lips closed on the fork, causing his breath to freeze in his chest. When her eyes opened she looked up and made eye contact. Everything stopped for a split second, all he could see were two big blue eyes. She blushed and looked down and he expelled the breath he'd been holding.

"Sir?" The barista sounded irritated, holding his order out toward him.

"Oh, sorry, I got off in my own little world there. Thank you." He took the coffee and blueberry muffin and turned back towards his mate. Taking a deep calming breath and admonishing his wolf to behave he walked toward her.

Fate was on his side, there were no empty tables, giving him a perfect opening to join her.

"Pardon me." He stood beside the open chair trying to look casual and non threatening. She looked up from her book giving him an open, friendly smile.

"Yes?" The single word sending a tingle along his spine, "Can I help you?"

"I hope so, see there aren't any open tables this morning and I was hoping to sit for a few minutes before heading to work. I, uh, was wondering if I could share your table?" His confidence faltered a bit but he made it through with what he hoped was a charming smile.

"Oh!" She glanced around at the rest of the shop, "Well yes, that's fine." Her cheeks turned a soft pink as she gestured to the open chair.

He sat down his coffee and held out his hand, introducing himself "Rig Cabello."

"Georgia Allen, but most people call me George." She lay her hand in his. It was warm and soft and his body buzzed at the contact. George drew a sharp breath and her cheeks flared red, his skin against hers obviously causing a reaction for her as well.

"Nice to meet you George." Rig's voice was husky as he tried to steady himself. He reluctantly released her hand and sat down. He crossed his legs hoping the erection straining his jeans wasn't obvious.

George squirmed in her seat looking anywhere but at the man opposite her. She'd noticed him standing in line, how could you not notice him. If you looked up tall dark and handsome you'd find his picture in the definition. His shoulders and biceps strained the fabric of the grey button down he was wearing, and there was nothing to complain about the way he filled out his jeans. Rig was good looking without a doubt, but she wasn't the sort of girl to get all flustered over a good looking guy. No, there was something else going on here. She'd felt an electric thrill when their eyes met earlier, and now when their hands had touched she found herself wrestling to control a tidal wave of lust. She sipped her coffee delicately, taking deep calming breaths between sips.

Rig unwrapped his muffin while stealing glances at George. Her cheeks were pink and her eyes shiny, her erect nipples obvious through her dress. She was his, she didn't know it yet but her body was reacting to him. She squirmed in her seat and he growled as he caught the scent of her arousal.

George jumped at the growl, "Pardon?" She squeaked.

"Ah, I'm starving, sorry about that." He chuckled and grinned at her, popping a chunk of muffin in to his mouth. She laughed back, relaxing slightly.

"I know it sounds trite, but do you come here often?"

"Yes actually," She sipped her coffee, "I stop by a few times a week before work. The coffee is good and the quiche is to die for."

"I've always heard real men don't eat quiche, but it's what? Eggs and cheese? Sounds good to me."

"I highly recommend it if you come here again."

"I'm working on the new construction down the road, so I imagine I will."

They chatted amiably, growing more comfortable, relaxing in each other's company. Rig found out George worked at a graphic design company around the corner from the coffee shop. She had grown up here in a small family, just her parents and a sister. Rig made her gasp and giggle with anecdotes about his 6 brothers and 5 sisters.

Rig would feel the tightness in his jeans lessen, then George would laugh or lean forward, toss her hair or any number of other small gestures that would have him throbbing painfully. George was starting to get distracted, she could feel the dampness in her panties and was worrying that she'd have a wet spot when she stood up. Her nipples were so hard they were painful and every move sent tingles down her spine. She had a few moments she thought it was getting under control, but then Rig started asking her what she was reading. To the delight of her hungry body not only was this guy sexy as hell, he was smart and funny.

The alarm on George's phone went off startling them both. She silenced it and looked at Rig with poorly disguised regret.

"That's my warning that I'd better head to work. If I don't set an alarm I get caught up in my book and don't pay attention to the time. It's been really nice visiting with you, I hope you have a good day." She stowed her Kindle while saying her goodbyes. Inside Rig his wolf was in a panic, they couldn't let her get away!

"George, I know," He stumbled over his tongue as he tried to find a way to not lose her by being too pushy or not assertive enough, "I mean, we just met I know but I can't let you walk out of here and risk not seeing you again."

George froze in her chair, her jaw literally dropping as Rig fumbled through asking her if she'd like to go to dinner.

"You pick the time and place, what do you say?" His hand slid across the table toward her in an imploring gesture.

"Uh, yes, sure. Yeah, dinner sounds good." She stammered, "When?"

"Tonight." He couldn't wait longer, "It's Wednesday and not a standard date night but I'll be honest George, at the risk of freaking you out, I don't want to wait. You feel it too don't you? There's some serious chemistry here."

She blushed again, Rig didn't think he'd ever get tired of the way her cheeks went pink. Her eyes dropped and she twisted the handle of her bag.

"Yes." She said quietly.

"Then you'll meet me tonight? Just tell me where. I can pick you up? Or do you want to drive?" He roughly rubbed his face, and sighed, "I'm sorry, I sound like a teenager."

"No, it's fine." George giggled and laid her hand on his, "How about you pick me up about 6, we can try that new Thai place on the south side of town. I've heard good things about it."

"You really are perfect," He caught her hand between both of his,"Gorgeous, smart, funny AND you like Thai food?"

This time the blush wasn't just pink in her cheeks, but a red that went from her hairline to the smooth white skin revealed by the low neckline of her dress. Again her eyes dropped and he felt her hand twitch against his. He'd have to work on that, this woman did not take compliments well.

"I don't know about all that but I should be going." She stood to leave, her hand still caught in his. Rig let go after one final squeeze.

"Here, give me your phone and I'll text myself so we'll have each other's numbers." He held out a hand expectantly.

"Oh, yes, good idea." She pulled her phone out of her bag.

After exchanging numbers they went their separate ways, both glancing back several times until they'd turned corners where they couldn't see the one another.

That afternoon Georgia sat in the break room poking at her reheated leftovers. She had managed to stay on task for the most part, but she couldn't stop thinking about this morning in the coffee shop. Rig was all the things she found attractive, smart, funny and interesting. There was something else though, he had affected her in a way she'd never experienced before. She blushed just thinking about the way he held her hand in his. It was amazing and thrilling and she was suspicious.

Rig was the kind of guy who could have anybody he wanted. Handsome, fit and successful. So why, when he could take his pick of any woman out there, was he asking out the chubby, brunette, struggling artist? Her chest tightened and she felt tears threaten. This experience had her unbalanced and emotional. His asking her to dinner was incredibly flattering, but she couldn't trust it.

A lifetime of poor self esteem and being a wallflower combined with time to overthink was casting the whole experience in a sinister light. Was this some kind of prank? She looked at her phone, debating if she should just text and decline before it got any later. An incoming text notification made her jump.

"Hope you are having a pleasant day :) Really looking forward to dinner tonight."

She stared at the message for several minutes before deciding how to respond. On the one hand she was terrified this was going to end in heartbreak, but on the other hand she couldn't resist the opportunity to see him again.

"It's been slow but not boring. How about you? Having a good day?"

"This job is one that pays the bills but isn't very exciting, easy enough anyway so I can't complain. I've got a great crew so supervising them is a breeze. I'll need your address btw, so I can pick you up."

Rig was sitting in his truck, largely ignoring the burger and fries he'd grabbed for lunch. His stomach had no interest in food. She had taken so long to respond to his first message he worried that he'd scared her away. The way ahead was like a minefield of things he could do wrong. So much was at stake and he was terrified.

"Why don't we just meet at the coffee shop? I can head over after I get off work at 6. If you don't mind me wearing my work clothes?"

Rig shifted in his seat, an image of the green fabric stretching over her soft breasts and erect nipples making his jeans uncomfortably tight yet again.

"That green dress is beautiful, definitely dinner appropriate."

George felt a little thrill realizing he'd paid attention to what she was wearing.

"Great, then I'll see you about 6:30 at the coffee shop. I'm headed back to work, lunch break is over."

"Enjoy the rest of your day, see you this evening."

She indulged in a moment of emotional turmoil before setting it all aside and heading back to her desk, her lunch virtually untouched.

Rig sat day dreaming for a few minutes, absentmindedly eating cold fries. He'd been distracted all morning and it wasn't getting any better. His job required focus and attention to detail, neither of which he had today. He decided to talk to the people he always turned to first with life's ups and downs, his parents.

He dialed his mom's number, she picked up and from her harried tone and the noise in the background he could tell she was knee deep in party preparations.

"Rig? Is this important? I'm swamped getting this birthday party ready."

"I just need a minute mom, I'm sorry to bug you but yeah it's important."

"What's going on? Is everything ok?" She sounded worried and he could tell she'd turned away from the noise cupping her hand over the phone.

"I found her mom."

"Found her? Found who?" She asked, distracted as someone asked her a question in the background. In the middle of answering, understanding dawned, "Wait, found her?! You found her?!" He heard the noise disappear as she rushed from the crowded kitchen in to a quiet room.

"Yes, this morning in the coffee shop when I stopped for breakfast."

"Tell me all about her? Who is she? What's her name? What pack does she belong to?" He could picture her gesturing and pacing as she peppered him with questions.

"Slow down mom." He laughed."Her name's Georgia and, well, she doesn't belong to a pack. She's human."

The stunned silence on the other end of the phone wasn't a surprise. "Rig are you sure? Could you have made a mistake?"

"Oh yeah mom, I'm sure. Do you know she smells like cupcakes? I've never felt anything like this in my life. Now I'm completely distracted, I don't know what to do. I can't think of anything but her, I know I'm not doing the guys here any good today." He exhaled an exasperated sigh.