Daily Life with Furry Girls Ch. 29

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Miss Tesha nodded. 'Just keep it as basic as possible.'

'We'll observe them as we take part in their daily tasks. Then we'll probably know in which way we can help.'

They discussed their idea with Anah and the elders, and the Sasatch were happy for the extra help.

***

Cani grinned when she and Feli joined the group of hunters later. 'I never imagined I could test if there's anything left of our ancestral predator instincts.'

Feli chuckled. 'I thought you already did that in your gaming competitions.'

'Not the same thing.' Cani said and felt the weight of the wooden spear in her hand. 'For one, losing means going to bed on an empty stomach here. Back at home I can always have a look in the refrigerator.'

Feli hummed in agreement. 'Yes, that increases the stakes somewhat.'

Egra, the leader of the hunters, gestured they arrived at the hunting grounds, and everyone moved forward as silently as they could.

A little later they spotted a herd of herbivores between the trees. The deer-like animals sported a brown and black striped coat similar to a zebra, and the couple of males had antlers no longer than their own head. Egra gestured for everyone to spread out and approach the herd.

Feli and Cani kept an eye on the Sasatch to see how far they closed in on the herd before throwing their spears. One of them held back his spear, ready to throw it.

The herd was still grazing on the leaves from low branches. The Sasatch threw his spear in a quick motion, and it grazed his target when the animal moved sideways at the same time.

'They're running!' said Cani as the Sasatch ran in pursuit. Her legs itched with the sudden urge as she looked at Feli. 'Let's hunt!'

Feli watched Cani run off and sighed. 'What are we? Hunting dogs?' she said and ran as well.

***

Ara cut the bark from the plant Anah called shesh, and peeled it from the stem. 'This is good.' she said and showed the stringy layer to the two Sasatch who had come with her. She cut a piece loose, braided it, and gave it a hard tug at both ends. 'This is how you can create rope.'

She handed it to the younger of the two Sasatch, who tugged on it as well. 'Rope?'

Ara nodded. 'Rope.' She gestured at the plants. 'We need to collect a lot of this.'

***

'How's it going?' asked miss Tesha when she and Mami and several others returned with arms full of the plants the Sasatch used for food.

Guy looked over the patch of ground he and one Sasatch had ploughed, and Pierre and others had cleared. 'They're learning the principles. Which plants will do well through farming is something they'll have to discover by themselves.'

'At least they entered the farming revolution.'

Mami watched the Sasatch, then looked at Guy. 'Shall we teach them about wooden shoes as well?'

***

When the hunting party returned, they were greeted with enthusiasm for the large catch. Guy grinned at Cani and Feli, who were covered in dirt. 'You two look like you had fun.'

Feli groaned. 'I'm not doing this again. It's barbaric.'

Cani laughed. 'Even though you were the first one to pounce on our prey when we chased it.'

Feli puffed up her cheeks. 'I just wanted it to be done and over with.'

'You didn't protest when Egra praised you and suggested we hunt one more of these animals.'

'I just figured we'd make sure we had enough for the whole tribe.'

Guy noticed the hunting group speak with grandiose gestures, then pretend to pounce, and the other Sasatch look at Feli in admiration. 'I think you girls provided them with enough tales to tell for now.'

***

Guy studied the map Avia had made of the surrounding area during the day, and the Sasatch looked in wonder and kept discussing every part of it. 'This is great work.' he said and looked at Pierre. 'I think we can make this work.' Pierre nodded and Guy looked at Feli and Cani. 'We're going to need your hunting skills again tomorrow.'

12