Dana's Story Ch. 22-23

Story Info
Dana finally beds Dave, and her neighbour has questions.
10k words
4.55
5.5k
4
0

Part 9 of the 24 part series

Updated 03/25/2024
Created 09/06/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dana's relationship with Dave becomes physical, to her great satisfaction. She's approached by her neighbor, June, who has questions about Dana's sex life, and who makes an unexpected suggestion....

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Sleeping with Bobby was not as easy as all that. While he'd certainly given her signals that he was interested, he hadn't come right out and said he wanted to have sex with Dana. And she was not prepared to walk up to him and ask, "Wanna fuck?"

Oh, she fantasized about it. The Dana of her daydreams was a bold little minx, but the reality was quite different. What if she'd misread the situation? What if he wasn't interested, Zoe's assurances notwithstanding? What if he turned her down? She felt a powerful empathy with George McFly from Back to the Future. "I don't know if I can take kind of a rejection."

She'd spent her whole life hiding her innermost feelings from everyone, for fear of rejection, of being teased, or scoffed at, or laughed at. Revealing her interest in someone was a risk she was too often unable to take. It was terrifying to think of confessing her desire for someone only to have him reject her.

How did guys do it? She didn't even have much second-hand experience of it. Two or three fumbling attempts to ask her out from guys in high school, and that was about it. Even here, she'd only gone on a blind date with Darren at Zoe's urging, and while that had worked out, she hadn't had to do the heavy lifting.

And Randy—she'd been more than happy, eager in fact, to fall into his bed on short acquaintance. But it wasn't as if she'd marched up to him and propositioned him. Oh, she had since. Given clear and convincing evidence of his continuing interest, she was perfectly willing to be the aggressor.

But just walking up and asking Bobby to share her bed? No.

Maybe Zoe could help?

"Sorry, roomie," Zoe had said with an amused smile when Dana ever so gently hinted at the possibility. "I'm willing to share Bobby with you, but I'm not going to actively push him into your bed. That's up to you."

"Besides," Zoe had continued, "you found your way into Randy's bed all by your lonesome. You can do this."

Dana had sighed, disappointed but not surprised. "Root little pig, or die."

"What?" Zoe laughed.

"Something my parents said when we were kids. Their subtle way of telling us that when we were grown up, we'd be responsible for ourselves."

"Your parents come up with the most...interesting turns of phrase."

"Small towns," Dana said with a shrug and a grin. "They're full of 'em."

"Well, I wouldn't put it quite that way," Zoe said, "but yeah.

* * *

The next morning Dana had other things to think about. Monday was the start of the last week of classes for the semester. Then a couple of weeks of study time and finals before Christmas break. The prospect of final exams wasn't as frightening as mid-terms had been. Zoe had been a very good tutor; Dana was confident in her ability to study effectively now. Taking an exam didn't feel like rolling dice any longer. She knew now that if she put in the work, she'd do well.

Dana's classes were done by midday, leaving her whole afternoon free. She considered her options while she ate lunch. Thoughts of Bobby kept her entertained, but she didn't have his number so she couldn't have reached to him even if she were willing to be so bold. Going by his room was also a non-starter. The last thing she wanted was to have Darren ask why she was knocking on his door.

She considered jumping Randy's bones instead, but his schedule would keep him busy until nearly five. Then she got an email from Kevin announcing that the game was on for that afternoon and evening. With no other plans, Dana decided to join them.

For once, she got there before everyone else had arrived. She knocked, then entered when someone replied, "Door's open!" Eric sat at his desk, a rule book and papers spread out before him. Kevin and Leanne were cuddled up together on his bed. Dana sat down on the foot of Eric's bed and pulled her gaming notebook from her backpack. She was joined shortly by Nick and Dave.

Kevin took his seat at his desk and the game commenced. They played all afternoon, and Dana enjoyed it a lot, even when her player character got killed in their first combat. She rolled up another quickly enough and leaped back into the game. They broke for dinner around six, the group walking to a nearby deli, chattering about the most recent episodes of their favorite shows. They bought sandwiches and sodas to go before returning to Eric and Kevin's room to resume the game while they ate.

They played for hours longer. As usual, it was Leanne who first suggested calling a halt to the game, pleading an early class the next morning. Dana didn't miss the looks between Leanne and Kevin, or between Kevin and Eric. She wasn't surprised when Eric joined the exodus, claiming that he was going to hang out in the dorm lounge for a while, leaving Kevin and Leanne alone in the room.

Dave was alone on the sidewalk when Dana came out. He offered to walk her home again, and she accepted. The night was cold but dry. They talked about the game, though Dana was giving the conversation only half her attention. She was nearly certain he intended to ask her out again, and realized with a jolt that she wasn't sure she wanted him to any longer.

In theory, Dave seemed like boyfriend material. They had a lot in common. They were both fans of sci-fi and fantasy, and had read a lot of the same books, seen a lot of the same shows and movies. They could have—and had had—long conversations about their mutual interests. But the same could be said of Eric and Kevin, as well. And Dave was attractive, of course, which helped.

But. He'd made it clear that having sex with her would be a big deal, to him at least. Not something to be taken lightly. Was it reasonable to think that he'd be okay with her continuing to sleep with Randy at the same time? No.

And that was a problem because she had no intention of giving up sex with Randy. He was a terrific lover, giving her immense pleasure whenever she shared his bed. She also enjoyed his company quite aside from the sex. They had few interests in common but nonetheless had entertaining conversations during breaks in the action.

"Penny for your thoughts," Dave asked, and Dana realized she'd gone silent.

"Uh...."

"Or not," Dave backpedaled. "If you'd rather not."

"No, that's not it," Dana said, though that was a lie. That was exactly it. She was reluctant to reveal her thoughts, her feelings—her desires, especially. And yet, that was exactly what she needed to do.

"It's just...." She trailed off. "I mean—I've been... thinking...."

Dave stopped, and Dana did as well. He studied her face for a moment, and Dana felt as if he were seeing more than she wanted him to see.

He stepped closer and took her hands. "This is beginning to feel like a 'we need to talk' moment," he said. He smiled as he said it, but the smile didn't mask his genuine concern. "Is there something you want to tell me?"

Dana swallowed hard, feeling the tightness in her throat, the reluctance to speak almost physically painful. Revealing herself to him was scary, and yet it wasn't fair to either of them to remain silent. Nonetheless, the silence stretched between them until she had to speak.

"I've been thinking," she said. "About...about sex."

The look of dawning comprehension on Dave's face was a relief. Dana smiled, pleased by his understanding. He squeezed her hands gently. "I understand," he said. "I don't want you think I'm pushing you—"

Dana pulled away, annoyed and abruptly angry. She'd practically thrown herself at him—twice! And he'd turned her down both times. Yet he thought she was feeling pressured by him? "No," she said sharply. "That's not it."

"What, then?" Dave asked. "I don't understand."

Dana sighed, her anger leaking away. Dave really was exactly the sort of polite, respectful guy her mother would have loved for Dana to date. But she knew now that he wasn't the sort of guy she wanted. How to explain that to him?

Tell him the truth. Don't do to him what you did to Darren.

Easier said than done. Dana hamster-wheeled for a moment, auditioning possible responses. Finally she asked, "If we keep dating, would you expect to have sex with me eventually?"

"I wouldn't say I'd expect it—"

"Fine," Dana said, feeling a renewed flicker of annoyance. "Would you want to have sex with me?"

Dana watched the play of expressions on his face. He said nothing for a time, and Dana suddenly knew what it looked like when she was struggling to express herself to someone else.

"Yes," Dave said at last. "I would."

"And you'd want to be exclusive?"

"Yes. Why?"

"I wouldn't," Dana said. "Want to be exclusive, I mean."

"Why not?"

"Why not? Because I like sex," Dana said, watching him closely, wondering how explicit she needed to be. "I like it a lot. I'm having it now with a...friend."

"A boyfriend?" Despite seriousness of this conversation, Dana had to suppress a laugh as Dave groped for the nearest conventional relationship he could think of.

"No," Dana said, sobering again. "Not a boyfriend." A fuckbuddy. We don't date. We just fuck. But she couldn't say that. There was no need to hurt him by stating it so baldly. "He's a friend with benefits."

Dave's mask cracked, revealing understanding at last, and something else, something she couldn't quite identify. Disappointment? "And you don't want to stop seeing him?"

Dana shook her head slowly. "No," she said, wishing she could do this without hurting him. "I don't. I like having sex with him."

Dave nodded, but didn't say anything. Dana could see him thinking, no doubt reassessing her, and their relationship. Did he think she was a slut now? He very well might. Did it matter? Zoe wouldn't think so. But she wasn't Zoe.

It did matter to her. It hurt to think that his opinion of her was changing—had changed—for the worse. She liked him, and wanted him to like her. But she wasn't the girl he'd thought she was.

Dana moved closer and took his hands again. "You remember when you walked me home the first time?" Dana asked quietly, studying his face.

"Yeah."

"Did you want to sleep with me?"

"Eventually, yes."

"I wanted to sleep with you that night, did you know that?"

Dave's mouth twitched. Dana watched him struggle and fail to hide a smile. His reaction was unexpected, and charming. "Yeah," he admitted. "I did."

Dana felt her mouth fall open. That was not the answer she'd expected. She closed her mouth and gathered her thoughts. "Well, if you wanted to sleep with me, and you knew I wanted to sleep with you, why'd you leave?"

"I didn't want you to think that I thought you were easy."

"But I am easy." Dana slapped a hand over her mouth the moment the words escaped, but too late. She felt horror that she was parroting the very words she'd so feared hearing spoken of her back home—and also an immense pride in being able to claim them for herself.

Dave chuckled for a moment. "So it appears," he said when he'd calmed down. "That makes two of us."

Dana slapped his chest. "It does not! I practically begged you to sleep with me after our first date—and you didn't!"

Another student walking past stopped and turned. "Dude," he said, "don't make her beg." Dana glared at him, embarrassed to be overheard—and by the way Dave roared with laughter. The stranger laughed as well and stepped back, raising his hands in surrender. "Just tryin' to help," he said before continuing on his way.

Dana turned her glare on Dave. "That's not funny."

Dave wiped his eyes. "I dunno. I think it's pretty funny."

"Maybe," she admitted. If it had happened to someone else it would be a lot funnier, though. "A little."

"Same story," Dave said. "It was pretty obvious you wanted to go to bed after our date, but I didn't want to you to think I was only after one thing, or see me as a one-night stand. In retrospect, that was probably a mistake."

"You think? You could have gotten laid so easy if you'd let it happen."

Dave stepped closer, pulling her—slowly enough to let her resist if she chose—into his arm. Dana responded by slipping her arms around his waist and joining in the embrace. She liked being in his arms. She always had. She just hadn't expected to find herself there again.

"And I regret letting the opportunity pass," Dave said.

"As well you should," Dana said, with more confidence than she felt. The evidence of his sincerity was pressing against her belly.

"So," Dave said, "It appears that you're not the shy, sexually conservative young woman I thought you were."

"No," Dana agreed. "I'm not." Shy still, at least with strangers, but hardly the virtuous maiden he'd imagined.

Dave nodded to himself. "So, if I agree to an open relationship, are you still willing to go out with me?"

Dana considered his question. "This...is not how I expected this conversation to go," she said. She'd expected to break up with him, one way or the other. Either she turned down another date, or he chose not to ask because she wasn't willing to give up her other lover. With an optional side of slut-shaming on his part.

"Yeah, I gathered as much." He paused. "But that's not an answer."

"And you're okay with that? An open relationship?"

"Yeah," Dave said. "I am." He hesitated, and Dana thought he was going to go on, but then he closed his mouth firmly and nodded. "Yes."

Dana rose on her toes to give him a kiss. "Okay, then."

She intended only a brief kiss, but Dave drew it out, teasing her lips with his teeth and tongue until she responded in kind. His hand slid down to cup her buttocks through her jeans, warm and strong and delightfully bold. She slipped her hands inside his jacket to explore the planes of his chest, and the tiny nubs of his nipples beneath his shirt.

By the time they came up for air, Dana was feeling flushed and eager, practically vibrating with desire. It was as welcome a sensation as it was unexpected. She dug into her pocket for her phone and checked her messages. There was a text from Zoe sent hours earlier. "Shit."

Dave continued fondling her ass. "What's the matter."

"Zoe has the room tonight." She looked up at Dave. "What about your room?"

"Sorry, Gary is working on a term paper."

"Dammit," Dana muttered. She looked back down at her phone. "What about tomorrow night?"

"I got nothing I can't reschedule."

"Great." Dana sent Zoe a quick text. Dibs on the room tomorrow night.

She put the phone away and wrapped her arms around Dave's neck. "Tomorrow night. My room. Be there or feel my wrath."

Dave leaned down to whisper in her ear. "Your terms are acceptable."

* * *

Dana paused outside her room. She'd spent another few minutes making out with Dave before they parted for the night. He'd left her aroused and more than a little frustrated that she still couldn't consummate their relationship just yet. Still, she had high hopes for tomorrow night.

The whiteboard on the door had a Do Not Disturb note scrawled on it, with a couple of times written beneath it, one of them crossed out. According to her phone, the second time stamp was a while ago. She listened intently and thought she caught the murmur of conversation from within.

Buoyed by her success with Dave, Dana had decided to strike while she was still riding high. She rapped twice on the door, then unlocked it and entered, closing it behind her. The room was dim, lit only by a small desk lamp.

Zoe and Bobby lay on Zoe's bed, faces turned toward Dana. Bobby sprawled on his back, Zoe lay on her side, her head resting on his shoulder. A sheet covered them to the waist.

"Dana!" Zoe said, rising to one elbow. "Did you not get my text?"

"I got it," Dana said. She strode across the room to stand over the two lovers. "I have something to say to Bobby," she announced.

Zoe's puzzled expression yielded to a look of lecherous anticipation. "Yeah?"

Bobby met Dana's gaze with calm assurance. "What's up, Dana?"

Dana stared at him for a moment, feeling her boldness, which had seemed boundless only moments ago, begin leaking away. She felt a spurt of panic, knowing she needed to say her piece before it deserted her entirely.

"Bobby..." she said, even as her carefully worded proposition evaporated, leaving her mind blank.

"Dana," he replied, watching her growing amusement, as if he knew what she wanted to say. Maybe he did. Maybe Zoe had told him. She didn't know if that made it easier or harder to do this.

"Bobby, I—"Dana saw Zoe nod slightly, encouraging her to speak.

"Bobby, I want to f-fuck you."

"Is that a fact?"

Was he surprised? Was that smugness in his voice? She couldn't tell. Nothing for it but to push forward. "Do you want to fuck me?"

Bobby gave her a look of exaggerated surprise. "Right now?" Okay, now she knew he was just fucking with her. "I'm flattered, of course," he said, waving one hand to indicate himself, Zoe, the bed, "but I'm afraid I'm otherwise occupied just now, If you'd—"

Zoe poked him in the ribs, not gently. "Don't tease," she warned him.

Bobby flinched, glanced at Zoe, and Dana sensed some unspoken communication between them. As if Zoe were telling him, you don't need my permission, or maybe we talked about this already.

He met Dana's eyes again. The teasing smile faded, and he looked at her, a look she'd seen briefly the other day, and recognized. He was imagining how she'd look naked, and probably recalling the cries of pleasure he'd said turned him on.

"Yes, Dana," Bobby said. "I would like that very much."

"Good," Dana said. She should say something else, but she felt herself flushing anew, horny and anxious and increasingly aware that she needed to get out and leave Zoe and Bobby alone.

"Good," Bobby agreed. "I'll call you?"

Dana nodded. "Yes. Good." Oh god, she was about to start babbling like an idiot. "I, uh, I should—" she gestured at the door.

"If you wouldn't mind," Zoe said. "Unless you want to stay and watch?"

"No." Dana turned away, "No, I'm gonna go. You guys have fun..." She grabbed her laptop on her way out the door. You guys have fun, she thought. Jesus.

She closed the door behind her and leaned against it, cradling the laptop in her arms. She felt lightheaded with arousal, anxiety, and belated embarrassment. Her cheeks flamed and she was shaking from the huge adrenaline dump. She heard Zoe and Bobby laughing, and though she knew it was about her unexpected appearance, she didn't mind. It was funny.

She couldn't believe she'd marched into the room and blatantly propositioned Bobby—and right in front of Zoe! But she had. She really had. For once she'd been as assertive as she usually only managed to be in her daydreams. It was terrifying in retrospect, but it had worked.

And before that, she'd worked herself up to confront Dave—and that had turned out better than she could have hoped.

She had two new lovers waiting in the wings. What could be better?


CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

Dana switched tabs on her browser, feeling more than a little overwhelmed. Browsing porn sites was something she'd only just started doing. The only internet access back home was dial-up, and even if her parents had been willing to spring for it, there was no way she could have surfed porn websites without them knowing. Things were different here at school, but even here she hadn't really explored the subject until very recently.

Zoe's adventures had been more than exciting enough for her at first, and then she'd started having her own. But she was curious. She'd learned a lot, enough to know that there was a lot more to discover. She'd started by searching for sites at random, then opened several to explore their offerings. The sheer number of sites, and the variety of subjects, was shocking. She wasn't sure she even found it arousing, though it was certainly fascinating.