Danica Pt. 19

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Staring hard at the memory, Danica steeled her will. She felt an intense pressure building within her, somewhat similar to when she had used mental blasts to stun foes before. When the pressure grew almost unbearable, Danica released it and destroyed the memory – or whatever it was – before her.

The tattered remnants of the terrible scene vanished into misty vapors, and Danica retreated from Marlena's mind at the same time.

Danica opened her eyes, and saw Marlena do the same. Marlena then said, "The feeling is gone. Whatever you did must have worked. What was it?"

Danica shook her head. "I think you're better off not knowing. It shouldn't bother you any more."

Danica heard Celes thinking to her, What did you do?

Danica thought back, I destroyed the memory.

There was a note of apprehension in Celes mental voice when she asked, How did you pull me in?

Danica shrugged, both physically and mentally. I don't know. I just meant to ask you for advice.

"We should probably stay with you for a while, Marlena," Celes suggested.

"Thank you," Marlena responded.

Danica then remembered something, "I didn't even think to ask you what you wanted when you came in Celes."

Celes answered, "It was nothing important," but something in her tone gave Danica the impression that it wasn't wholly true.

"I'll go make us some tea," Danica said, rising up and heading for the kitchen.

{*****~~o~~0~~o~~*****}

Seated at a stone table, a bald, silver-bearded man meditated. Then he opened his eyes, taking a deep breath.

The woman seated next to him, beautiful and tawny-haired, reached out to touch the old man's frail shoulder, "Master, is this wise?"

The man's careworn face brightened with a smile, "It is necessary."

"I don't understand," the woman responded, obvious concern in her voice.

Patting her dainty hands, the old man said, "When the time comes, you will understand. For now, you must trust me, child."

Bowing her head humbly, the woman replied, "Of course, Master."

{*****~~o~~0~~o~~*****}

The scene in the mirror before Zoraster, the transformation of yet another whore into one of his subservient Arians, suddenly lost all meaning.

Sitting bolt upright in is chair, Zoraster snarled. Someone was scrying upon him. The person made no effort to hide the probe, and Zoraster's numerous defenses failed to give even a moment's pause to the questing mind seeking him.

Growling out the words of a spell, Zoraster traced the magic that now touched him. He saw an island and the entrance to a grotto, but he could penetrate no farther. Something prevented him from pressing onward toward the source of the scrying magic. Reaching into his robes, Zoraster withdrew the Godsbane, now in its obelisk form once more, and drew upon the power of the god within it.

Zoraster started when he felt the obelisk recoil. His magic dissolved instantly, slamming Zoraster's consciousness back into the reality of his scrying room once more.

Sitting the obelisk upon the table beside him, Zoraster frowned at it. The thing vibrated ever so slightly, and it flatly refused to open up the power trapped within it to him.

"Is that you, Lord of Murder, seeking to defy me?" Zoraster demanded.

It was not the voice of Blorcasir that answered him, however, but another voice that spoke not in words, but in images and feelings.

One eyebrow rose, and then Zoraster's eyes narrowed in anger. Leaving the obelisk on the table, Zoraster swept out of the room, barking a command that activated the magical defenses as he left.

{*****~~o~~0~~o~~*****}

A quick inventory of Danica's kitchen and lab let her know that she was low on several herbs for use in both cooking and her magic. Knowing she could obtain fresh stores of some of them from Andrea, Danica immediately made her way to the young woman's house on the grounds.

Knocking on the door, Danica heard, Come in, and opened the door.

Danica's eyes went wide when she saw Brandon, groaning in release, with Andrea quivering in orgasm beneath him. With a sharp oath, Brandon jerked free of Andrea's warm embrace, slinging strings of sticky cream from his still-erect organ as he turned. Andrea yelped as he pulled free from her, curling up into a quivering ball, her hands pressed tightly over her sex.

Danica turned away from the couple and shut the door quickly, "I'm so sorry, I could have sworn I heard you say, come in, Andrea."

When she turned back around, Danica could see a bright flush in the quivering woman's cheeks. "I think I said, I'm coming, actually," Andrea moaned and then let out an embarrassed laugh.

Brandon leaned up against the wall, breathing heavily, "You scared me half to death," he muttered.

"I'm sorry." Danica laughed.

"Don't be sorry, come here and clean us up," Andrea purred. After a moment, she broke out into embarrassed laughter again.

Danica licked her lips and said, "That was good, but you sort of ruined it with the laugh," while walking toward the bed and pulling off her clothes.

"I just can't be wanton, it makes me feel silly," Andrea said, and then leaned up slightly to share a kiss with Danica.

Danica finished removing her clothing, and then turned to the still weak-kneed Brandon. "Hello Brandon," she said with a wicked grin, and then sank down to her knees.

Brandon groaned and gasped as Danica's mouth teased his oversensitive flesh, and he pushed her away after only a few moments. "Damn, you'll cut my legs out from under me!"

Danica grinned and licked her lips, patting his softening cock affectionately with her hand. "You just relax for a while then," she said, rising up and crawling onto the bed.

Andrea quivered in anticipation as she parted her legs for Danica to slide between them.

Brandon sat down on the edge of the bed, where he had a good view of Danica's tongue roaming over Andrea's nether lips. He knew that in absence of the more prominent appendage he possessed, two women at play must have some tricks they used with their tongues, and he meant to learn them.

It was one of the most enjoyable studies he had ever undertaken.

{*****~~o~~0~~o~~*****}

Some hours later, all three awakened from the short doze that had claimed them after their lovemaking. They lay together, talking softly, still aglow with pleasure.

After a while, completely unrelated to what they had been chatting about, Andrea asked, "Did Celes get to talk to you?"

Danica stretched, feeling a little chill run through her body. She was lying with two very arousing, naked people, and it was giving her ideas again, "About what?"

Somewhat evasively, Andrea replied, "The two of you need to talk about something."

"She's in love with you, you know," Brandon said in an off-hand way.

Danica sat up on the bed, surprise in her voice, "What?"

"She's in love with you – Celes I mean," Brandon repeated.

"What makes you think that? What do you know, Andrea?"

Andrea frowned for a moment, and then slapped Brandon's chest, but not with any real strength.

Brandon shrugged and asked, "What did I do?"

Andrea sighed, "That's not the sort of thing you just blurt out, Brandon. Men!"

Brandon sheepishly apologized, "Sorry."

"What's done is done. He's right, Danica, Celes thinks she's falling in love with you," Andrea confirmed.

It took Danica a moment to digest that information, and to realize that really she knew it already. "I don't know what to do. I'm not sure how I feel, but there's something there too."

"You need to talk about it. Both of you walk around each other like you're on eggshells. I told Celes the same thing," Andrea responded.

Now it was Danica's turn to sigh, "It's not that easy."

"Yes it is," Andrea disagreed firmly, "You both need to get this out in the open. Neither of you is going to know how to deal with it until you do."

Danica smiled, "You've grown up."

Andrea grinned back, "You helped."

Brandon asked, "Am I forgiven?"

Andrea and Danica shared a wicked grin and then Danica replied, "We'll think about it."

"Oh, dear gods," Brandon groaned as the two women leaned over him to tease him with their tongues. He felt the twitches of life in his cock that signaled he would be hard again shortly, and he knew he was going to be throbbing painfully when it happened.

Looking at the two women lustily lapping his slowly hardening cock, a wealth of blonde and auburn hair tickling him, he didn't really care.

{*****~~o~~0~~o~~*****}

While the opening of the grotto had prevented Zoraster from penetrating the gloomy depths within, it had not prevented Zoraster from discerning the location of the island. With the stolen power of a god coursing through him, the Archmage was able to fix the location easily in is mind.

Rare for the powerful wizard, Zoraster had gathered up objects of power. Rings now adorned his fingers, and wands hung in secret pockets beneath his robes. He had no intention of being unprepared in dealing with what was to come. The impressions from the voice in his mind had been indistinct, but carried an obvious warning note. They also hinted at something Zoraster had never considered, although he knew now that such was logical.

Speaking the words of a spell, Zoraster vanished from his sanctum and appeared on the narrow, pebbled beach of the isle. The narrow opening to the grotto was easily visible, and no enchantments appeared to Zoraster's second sight. Walking closer, Zoraster felt an odd compulsion to turn around and return to his domicile. He actually started the gestures of the spell to do so, but noticed that the feeling of disgust that had assaulted him wavered as he did so.

Scowling, Zoraster steeled his will and took a few more steps toward the dark opening in the rocks. The sensation returned, stronger this time, but Zoraster continued forward, determined to ignore the attempt to warn him away.

Again concentrating in the second sight, Zoraster stared hard at the entrance as he drew closer. As before, no enchantments or wards of any sort were visible. Stopping a dozen steps from the entrance, Zoraster cast a spell and attempted to scry within the cave. As before, something thwarted his efforts.

Growling in anger, Zoraster crossed the distance to the cave with quick steps. Standing directly in front of the entrance, he stared into the darkness beyond. Nothing more than weather-beaten rocks met his eyes.

Reaching out, Zoraster felt a barrier over the mouth of the cave. Pressing forward, he found that it did not yield to his touch whatsoever. Still no evidence of the warding barrier revealed itself to his magical sight.

Stepping back, Zoraster worked his Art on the wall of force that barred his entry into the cave. Spells of divining, opening, and destruction all slid off the invisible barrier as if they were no more than raindrops. Even enhanced by Blorcasir's power, the barrier stood against him.

A man slowly moved from the shadows within the cave, approaching the entrance. Zoraster let his hands drop to his side, ceasing to make the gestures of the disintegration spell he planned to attack the barrier with next.

Zoraster examined the man as the sunlight from the entrance fell upon him. The man was ancient, thin and bent, his steps aided by an unadorned staff of what appeared to be plain driftwood. A long silver beard decorated the man's face, while only sparse patches of hair in a ring just above his ears adorned his head. The effort of walking toward the entrance of the cave appeared to be difficult for the old man.

"You cannot enter. None who have been touched by the Dark may pass this barrier, nor any who covet the stone," wheezed the old man. He now stood just on the other side of the invisible barrier.

"We shall see about that, old man," Zoraster growled.

A faintly amused smile spread across the old man's face, "If it pleases you to futilely hurl your Art against fate, feel free to do so."

"Who are you, bent old relic?"

"I am the guardian and caretaker."

"You are a fool, to stand in my way," Zoraster retorted.

"No, I would be a fool not to stand in your way. Your efforts will avail you not."

With that, the old man turned and hobbled back into the darkness.

Zoraster again hurled his Art at the barrier, aimed at the bent back of the slowly retreating man. The barrier blocked Zoraster's magic, proving the old man's admonition.

"I will have what you hide," Zoraster snarled, "You have revealed the key in your doddering rambling."

With those words, Zoraster cast his spell and traveled the corridors of magic once again.

{*****~~o~~0~~o~~*****}

Danica was distracted, unable to think about anything except the revelation of Celes' feelings for her. Returning to the main building from Andrea's cottage, her knees still a little wobbly, Danica knew the young woman was right. She and Celes needed to talk – and soon.

Danica didn't bother going to her room first; she simply stopped at Celes' door and knocked. When Celes answered the door, Danica felt the wave of emotions hit her. Fear, desire, and a heart-wrenching wave of despair swept over Danica from the woman standing before her. Danica forcefully pulled her mind away from the emotions, saying, "Can you come with me back to my rooms?"

"I wanted to talk to you about something anyway," Celes replied.

Danica smiled and nodded, and Celes followed her through the twisting halls of Zoraster's seat of power.

Danica deactivated her wards and opened the door. As soon as they were both inside, Danica closed the door and gestured toward the couch. "Let's sit down and talk."

Such was not to be the case, however. Zoraster appeared in a flash of light within the room. His eyes were wild, his mouth twisted into an angry grimace. Looking at the two women, he growled, "Good, I will not have to hunt you both down. I have a task for you, which is of the utmost importance. You will leave immediately."

Zoraster's sudden appearance and the obvious rage, barely contained, startled both women. Danica asked, "Do we need to make any preparations? What are we supposed to be doing?"

"You will take what that old man guards, a stone of power. The only preparations you need to make are for never-ending torture if you fail," Zoraster barked, flecks of spittle bursting from his mouth as he spoke.

"We have to know where we're going," Danica said cautiously, not wanting to trigger the explosion that obviously was near release in the mad Archmage.

Zoraster snorted and closed his eyes. Danica yelped when she felt his mind thrust an image into her head. It was a small island with a pebbled beach, and a cave along the rocky edge – a grotto. Instantly, she knew exactly where it was, and knew she could teleport there with her magic. Celes cried out when Zoraster thrust the image into her mind as well.

"Now, go. Take the stone from that decrepit old guardian. If you have not left within the hour, your pain shall begin then."

Zoraster then vanished.

Shaken, both women looked at each other. They had seen Zoraster angry before, but this was above and beyond anything they had witnessed before. "We should get anything that we might need," Danica suggested.

"Quickly," Celes added.

{*****~~o~~0~~o~~*****}

Danica and Celes appeared on the beach, warily surveying their surroundings. The small, windswept isle presented no obvious danger, either magical or mundane. It was obvious that the grotto entrance before them was their destination, despite having no real instructions.

"I guess that's it," Danica muttered.

"We have no idea what we're wandering into here," Celes warned.

Both women began to chant, bringing numerous magical defenses into being. Not knowing what they might face inside the grotto, they prepared for anything they could think of. Wrapped in magic, they approached the dark opening.

When they were a few feet from the entrance, they paused and checked for magical defenses. Danica looked at Celes and said, "I don't see any wards."

Celes shook her head, "Same here."

Danica shrugged and nodded toward the dark opening. Still cautious, the women approached the cave. Once again, they paused immediately in front of the dark opening in the rock, peering within.

"I still don't see anything, just weathered rock," Celes observed.

Danica nodded her agreement. "I guess we should just go in. I'll make some light."

A few words and gestures from Danica conjured up a glowing ball of light that hovered just over her head. Upon stepping through the portal, they both felt something.

Danica paused just inside the entrance, "What was that?"

"It felt like walking into a dispell, but our spells are still working," Celes confirmed.

"I can still feel all my magic items too. No, wait..."

Celes guessed what Danica had discovered. "Zoraster's damn chains are dead."

"I can live with that," Danica chuckled.

"Our Art is still working, so let's go on."

The short passageway bent not far inside, and when the pair turned that corner, a small cavern opened up. The dancing glow of Danica's light revealed another passageway off to one side, reaching deeper into the island.

"This isn't natural," Celes noted.

"It all slopes down. It should be full of seawater, and it's dry as a bone," Danica agreed.

"It looks like it was shaped by water, but there's no way water did this."

"I guess we go on – there's no guardian here."

Celes nodded her agreement, and they walked toward the new passageway. As they approached, they could tell the passageway sloped gently deep into the earth.

Danica peered down into the passageway, sending her light a short distance down the slope. "We're going to have to walk single file, and that looks like it goes on forever. I don't like it."

Celes squinted, looking down the passageway, "We don't have a lot of choice. We'll just have to trust our magic."

Danica kept her light in front of them as they descended. The slope was gentle, and the floor smoothed as they progressed. The deeper they went, the more obvious it became that the cavern was unnatural. After they had traveled a little over three hundred paces, Danica could see her light bobbing at the entrance to another cavern.

"About all we can do is be ready," Celes whispered, laying her hand on Danica's shoulder.

Danica looked back over her shoulder, nodded, and then proceeded down to the cavern.

Upon peering through the opening, any lingering doubt as to the nature of this deep grotto vanished. Here, the walls were smooth and square, obviously worked. Carpets lined the floor, and there was a stone table, heavy with food, in the center of the room.

A voice issued from a doorway to the right of the table, "Welcome, I've been expecting you."

Danica and Celes glanced at each other, a little surprised by the warmth in that greeting, and the knowledge that they were obviously expected. The speaker stepped out from the doorway a moment later, hobbling forward with the aid of a plain walking staff.

"You need not trouble yourself with maintaining your formidable shields, no harm will befall you here," the old man declared, smiling as he moved toward the table. Upon reaching it, he said, "Please, come break your fast. I rarely have visitors, so please forgive me if I am a poor host." He then sat down with a relieved sigh in one of the four cushioned chairs surrounding the table.

Danica stepped forward into the room. "You knew we were coming?"

"I knew someone was coming. I know who ordered you to come, and I know why you are here," the old man replied.

Celes slipped into her put-upon accent, "And ye're still askin' us ta be sittin' ta sup with ye?"