Dan's Story

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

An attractive couple of about my age, maybe a little younger, walked in with a printout of a property we had on our books, it was a large farmhouse with several outbuildings and around six acres of land. There was a wood on the land surrounding a small lake.

I took one look and felt my bowels chill. I picked up the phone and dialled our head office, just to be on the phone so they couldn't talk to me. Seeing me occupied they turned to Jennifer.

The woman led, "Hello, I'm Nicola Paxton. We're interested in looking at Homelodge Farm."

Jennifer dug out the contact details and called the owners, arranging a viewing that afternoon.

She took the details from Nicola and Chris Paxton, I listened in, desperate to pick up some detail.

They didn't have any children, they'd sold their property subject to contract, they were considering renting to cut the chain, they had up to... a lot of money to spend.

I was right back to twenty years ago, except I wasn't. I was back to twenty years ago but feeling like I had before Jennifer put me straight. I put the phone down, sitting in a bit of a daze, I realized someone was speaking to me.

"Mmm? Sorry? What was that Jennifer?" I mumbled slightly incoherently.

"Mr Paxton wanted to know if the owners would be willing to negotiate on the price?"

I looked at Mr Paxton. Shit, he was a big lad, he had clear blue eyes, black hair and a battered ear. Now I was in a real dilemma, did I say anything and risk not only losing the sale and many thousands of pounds in commission but also potentially getting a smack in the teeth or did I say nothing and...

I said something.

"Errm yes, the property has been on for three or four months now, and we're coming into winter which is traditionally a slack period in the market, maybe going in twenty-five thousand below asking might get a nibble."

They looked at each other with a smile and a nod. His phone chose that moment to buzz, he looked at it with annoyance but answered it "Lou, Hi. What did Worldwide have to say?" and walked out of the door to continue the conversation.

I stood looking at Coco, Nicola, Mrs Paxton, she looked at me blankly, thanked me for my time and made to leave.

"Are you happy with him?" I blurted.

Jennifer gave me with a shocked look.

Nicola, Coco, whatever, looked even more shocked. "What did you say?...no, I heard. Fuck's it got to do with you?"

I reached into my inside pocket and handed over a business card. She took it, and looked down, then with a double take looked again.

"Daniel Palmer, Regional Manager." She read out loud. Then looked me in the eye. "Daniel Fucking Palmer. Dan. Fucking. Palmer. You Fucker Dan." Her words were angry, but her voice was calm.

I stammered "Coco, I am so sorry for what I did. That's why I asked if you were happy, I want you to be so I can forgive myself."

She smiled, "Yes, I am very happy. Chris is a good man, better than you were. He loves me and I love him." She sat down opposite me. Jennifer came over with the family photo she keeps on her desk and handed it to her.

"Oh, my. Family and everything. I take it you are Mrs Palmer? Funny, last time I said that I thought it was going to be me." A knife twisted in my stomach. Nicola laughed, not in a nasty way, but in a throwing off the troubles of the past kind of way. "Mind you, that was the best part of twenty years ago and of course, if things had gone that way I wouldn't be where I am and I like where I am. What about you? You have a lovely family; your daughter has your wife's eyes, and your son is the very image of you."

Jennifer introduced herself and told me to go and make tea, pulling up a chair next to Nicola she told her about our life, how we'd got together and how much of a mess I'd been when she first met me. When I got back she was detailing how much we both liked where we were, Nicola called Chris in from outside and introduced me. I thought there would be some friction with him meeting someone who'd had sex with his wife, even if it was a long time ago, but he just shook my hand and told me he was glad it hadn't worked out so he and Nicola could meet.

We didn't become best buddies again, and I only saw her once or twice after that as their house sale went through but I was pleased I was able to help and I was pleased I was able to put some demons to rest, but most of all I was pleased I was with Jennifer.