Darci - Real Estate Career Beginning

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Jamie753
Jamie753
252 Followers

"As I was telling John, I really like you place, but it's not exactly what I'm looking for. However while we were flying over your place I noticed that this would make a great location for people like me to build private retreats. Of course no one would expect you two to do the actual labor. I could suggest have a manager I know who could be brought in for that. Like me I'm sure the others would want to have private residences built by their own contractors, but they would pay you well for the use of the land and they would of course pay for the buildings themselves. Basically what I'm saying is that you would keep the farm, but instead of raising crops and/or animals you'd be collecting substantial lease income from people who would probably only come here two or three times a year."

John and Ma looked at each other. If they understood what Mr. Gordon was saying they wouldn't have to move and their farm could stay pretty much as it was, but without all the work necessary to run a working farm.

"So what kind of money would you be thinking, Mr. Gordon?" Ma asked.

"I would guess that we'd be looking at $20,000 or thereabouts," he replied.

"$20,000 a year," John said slightly disappointed.

"No. $20,000 a month. That is to start. Probably double that in a year."

"Darci, what do you think?" Ma asked.

Surprised to be invited into the discussion Darci hesitated then said, "I think you should never ask someone trying to sell you something if you buy," with a smile on her face. "However I would think that what Mr. Gordon is saying is definitely possible. I'd be pleased to look over the particulars and get back to you if you're interested."

Everyone agreed that Darci would look into the proposal and if it looked doable she would draw up the paperwork.

After a little more conversation John walked the three back to the helicopter. Once everyone was strapped in and John was clear Mr. Gordon fired up the engine and the helicopter lifted off.

Once they were airborne Darci keyed her mic. "I really thought that would be a great place for you Mr. Gordon."

"Call me Harlan. Yes it would be damn near perfect, but that couple deserves to stay in their home and I'm not going to take it away from them."

"Oh well, I guess I'll just have to find you another place," Darci said with a small grin.

"You sound a little disappointed Darci," Harlan said.

"Well it would have been nice to make the sale on my first try, but I'm confident I can find you just what you're looking for," she responded.

"What are you talking about? You did make a sale," Mr. Preston said. "If the people Mr. Gordon was talking about do set up the deals to build their vacation homes on the farm you'll be in for the commissions. Of course you're going to have to get your license in the meantime otherwise you'd just be in for a finder's fee."

'Well then I guess I'm just going to have to pass that exam in two weeks,' Darci thought. 'Cause as John would say, ain't nobody getting my commission but me."

A little while later Darci asked, "So where to now? Back to the office?"

"First we've got to get some fuel. I like this bird, but she is a thirsty one," Mr. Gordon said with a chuckle.

A few minutes later a small airfield came into view. Mr. Gordon announced over the radio that they were approaching for a landing. A voice over the radio instructed him to land near the fuel pumps and someone would be out momentarily to refuel his aircraft.

He landed near the pumps as instructed and sure enough a couple of minutes later a pick-up truck approached the helo. A gray-haired man got out and walked over.

It was obvious when he spotted Darci.

He stopped and his mouth dropped open. His eyes got wide and he shook his head to get his thoughts working again.

Mr. Gordon motioned him to come around to his side. "Hello. Fill it up please."

"Oh umm, sure. I'd be glad to. You folks are going to have to get out first though. FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) rules won't let me do any fueling with people in the bird," the man stated.

They climbed out of the helicopter and stood beside it. The man walked over to the pump and pulled the hose back. He set up a ladder he gotten out of the pick-up and started filling the tank. The whole time he was mainly focused on Darci.

When he finished he returned the hose to the pump and the ladder to the truck.

"How much do I owe you?" Mr. Gordon asked.

"Damn. I mean dang. Sorry ma'am. Be right back, I forget to see how much was on the pump."

He walked back to the pump and returned. "Sixty-two and some change, but just call it sixty," he told them.

"What's your boss going to say when he finds out you're giving away gas at a reduced price," Darci joked.

"Well ma'am, it's like this. I own the place so I can sort of do what I want. And to be honest a two dollar and change price break has been more than compensated for today," he replied with a grin. "Ya'll come back now, ya hear."

"Is that the northern 'ya'll' meaning everyone or the southern one meaning Darci?" Mr. Gordon asked with a grin.

"I'm sure ya'll can figure it out," he said pointedly looking at Darci.

Laughing they climbed back into the helicopter. Shortly afterwards the helo touched down in back of the real estate office.

Darci was hoping that the knowledge of her condition would go unnoticed, at least for a while, but judging by all the faces in the windows that was a forlorn hope.

Jamie753
Jamie753
252 Followers
12