Dark as Daylight Ch. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The leader of this group picked up Jenny so they could move at a quicker pace.

Laura was playing with Tiffany, and looking towards the east. She shouted, "Elizabeth, your daughter is bringing company."

Elizabeth shook her head. "I should've had a boy."

"I think you should call Monty. She may want to be here. Hell, I think everyone should be here."

"No, it might frighten them. They may think it's a show of force. I will just get Monty."

****************************

The walk was long for the newcomers, and by the time they got to the spacecraft, plates of food, and jugs of water were waiting for them.

As they approached, they put Jennifer down, but she still held his hand. Monty was out front, with Teddy, Jack, Newton, Jennifer, Gordon, Delicious and Gray standing behind her. Everyone else watched.

Monty decided to welcome the newcomers the way the Romans and Greeks did. She extended her arms with her palms facing up, to show she had no weapons concealed.

"Welcome."

She pointed towards the food to see if they were hungry, but they did not move.

"Everyone sit down and begin eating please."

The newcomers watched as portions of each delicacy was taken, and eaten.

Monty pointed towards the food again. This time they accepted. It had been years since they had any grain, because of their frozen existence. They lived off the meat of the animals they trapped or killed while hunting.

This new climate was making the clothes they were wearing very uncomfortable. Furs were good when it's freezing and cloudy all day, but not when it's 70°, and sunny. They began by shedding their tunic tops, which showed how thin they were. They were almost at the point you could say they were emaciated. The way they ate indicated they hadn't had a decent meal in weeks or possibly months.

When they had eaten their fill, they were exhausted. Teddy walked over to the leader and took both his hands in hers. Without saying a word, he knew what she was asking him, and he nodded his head.

"Monty, they would like to take a shower, and go to sleep."

"Bring them to the fifth level, and have them showed, and sleep two to a room. We will give them clean clothes, and store their first until we go to pick up the remainder of their group."

"I will tell him."

"I will ask Callie if she can translate his language so all of us can speak to them."

"Not a hard language, made up of a lot of math. Very interesting, Newton, Delicious, Gordon, and Dr. Luck should have a good time with them."

"Oh no, not him."

"If you put Captain Jennifer in charge, he will be very good."

"Teddy, you are a genius."

"I know."

"If you say those two words again, I'm going to kill you. That's all I ever heard from Gordon as he grew up."

"I know."

As those words left her mouth Teddy ran into the wheat field, where Monty couldn't catch her.

As she stood there fuming, arms wrapped around her waist, and teeth bit her ear.

"That better be you Jackson, because if it's Gordon, I'm going to bury you."

"And what has you so riled up today, Mrs. Oberlin?"

"An eight-year-old redhead, that is smarter than everyone else."

"And what did Teddy do to you today?"

"She said the two words I heard for 15 years. I wanted to kill the person that said them. I couldn't, because I was protecting him. Every time I put him up against someone who was much better than he was, he found a way to beat them. I swear he gave me an ulcer."

"What were the words Gordon uttered that you can't stand anyone saying at this point in your life?"

"I know."

"That's it? That's all someone has to say to you to get your ire up?"

"When you hear it said every day, multiple times a day, by the same person, it is enough to drive you over the edge."

"I know."

Monty turned and swung at her husband. He ducked, grabbed her arms, and kissed her.

"Mrs. Oberlin, what did I tell you about hitting me?"

"Under no circumstances am I allowed to hit you."

"What did you just try to do?"

"I attempted to adjust the angle of your head?"

"How did you attempt to do that?"

"By trying to hit you in the jaw?"

"What happens now?"

"In the privacy of our bedroom, I get punished."

"Do you enjoy getting punished?"

"No."

"Are you ever going to try to hit me again?"

"I am going to try like hell not to hit you again."

"Since you were under duress, I am not going to punish you tonight. I am not going to forget this breach of contract, but I expect you to be very good from this point on."

She kissed him, and thanked him for letting her punishment go by. Who would have known this mild-mannered man, was an expert at dealing out punishment?"

*****************************

Their guest slept between 12 and 16 hours. When they awoke, they found their furs missing, and new clothes sitting beside their beds. As they stuck their heads out of the doors, a member of the crew was in the hallway, and waved at them. They showed them a plate and fork to see if they were hungry. If they nodded their heads, they took them to the cafeteria. They stood in line like everyone else. He was handed a tray, paper plate, fork and knife. When he saw the assortment of food he didn't know where to start. The chef helped him. He put eggs on his plate along with boiled wheat, lentils, and rice. He moved to the next station, and gave him a big slice of cake with whipped cream on top. The last thing he received was a large cup of milk. No one knew if he liked anything on his tray, but they would soon find out.

As he turned his escort pointed to any seat in the cafeteria. He picked one that was empty, and sat down. It was not empty for long.

Gordon came with a star chart of the local area. He pointed to the brightest star and drew a line to their position. He handed the pen and ruler to the guest, pointed to him and pointed to the star chart. The visitor knew exactly what Gordon wanted.

He drew a line from the star to their position. It was nearly 240 miles away. Gordon looked at the man. He pointed to him, and then at the chart. He used his fingers to walk from their base to this one.

The man nodded.

This time he used his fingers. He pointed to their base, and this base, and with his right hand, he moved the fingers of his left. "1, 2, 3,..."

His guest stopped him, and used his own hand. "5, 10, 15...30, 35."

Gordon mimicked him, and stopped at 35. The man nodded.

How in God's name that these people survive?

Gordon drew a picture of the Good Luck. Then he drew a picture of a standard rocket, and then a flying saucer. He showed the man the picture to see if he would draw the kind of craft he and his travelers came in on.

When he first saw it Gordon laughed. It looked like an extended version of the "Pregnant Guppy."

His guest was not happy. He drew another picture depicting what happened when the spaceship took off or landed. The bottom eighth of the craft moved up into the vessel. A powerful Ray focused down towards the ground stabilizing the craft as it descended. Legs came out from 12 points on the spacecraft, and as they touched the ground, and the Ray turned off."

Gordon was suitably impressed.

Gordon pointed to those around the table, the Good Luck, and to the disabled spacecraft.

He nodded, and everyone continued eating their breakfast.

*********************************

Later that afternoon everything was set to go. Jennifer was in the captain's chair, Teddy was in her seat, and the guest was seated next to Jennifer.

He looked around the bridge as if it was something out of the future. He was talking with one of Callies' sisters, in the hopes that she could decipher his language. It did not disturb the countdown.

"Engineering, this is the bridge. Nuclear engine to 18%."

"Nuclear engine to 18%.

"Antigravity engine to 20%."

"Antigravity engines to 20%.

"Security do have a green board?"

"Security is green."

"Navigation give us a heading."

"Navigation heading 283°."

"Helm make your altitude 10,000 feet heading 283°, speed 500 mph."

"Helm responding, 10,000 feet, heading 283°, 500 mph."

"Crew standby for liftoff."

"Go ahead Teddy."

"Thank you, grandma. 10, 9, 8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1, Lift Off."

"My goodness Teddy, you got it right."

"I am eight years old, it's time I got it right."

"Helm in 47 minutes I want you to slow to 10 miles an hour and descend to 500 feet."

"Roger Capt., 47 minutes, slow to 10 miles an hour descend to 500 feet."

"Navigation, you better put us right on the button, or all of you are going to be exercising for days."

"Capt., that's not fair, he only gave us an approximate position."

"I am giving you an approximate answer. On the button, or exercise."

"Yes Capt."

"Capt. this is the helm, slowing to 10 miles an hour, and beginning descent to 500 feet."

"At what time did you start this maneuver?"

"46 minutes and 15 seconds Captain."

"I believe I told you 47 minutes."

"You certainly did Captain. As long as you wanted me to stop this ship on a dime, and throw everyone against the bulkheads. I did it as I was trained to do by Dr. Even Luck."

"We will discuss that later Mr. Simpson."

"Any time Captain."

"Navigation, how close are we to the designated spot?"

"I couldn't do this again in 10 lifetimes. We are 15 feet from the designated spot Captain."

"So what you're saying is you missed, is that correct?"

"You will have my resignation on your desk in the morning, captain."

"As soon as you sign it, you will be in the brig for six months Mr. Cushing, and Joanne will not be with you."

"You captains don't play fair."

"Take the test Harvey, everyone cross-trains, even you."

"I don't want to be a captain."

"Neither did I. Take the test Mr. Cushing, or think about isolation for six months."

"You used to be so nice, what happened?"

"My husband died, and I having gotten laid in nearly 6 years. Does that answer your question Mr. Cushing?"

"I can't volunteer; Joanne will kill me."

"I don't find you attractive enough to volunteer. Take the test Mr. Cushing or that cell will have your name on it."

"Okay, I'll start studying for it in the morning."

"Studying hell; the test is tomorrow."

"I can't take the test tomorrow; I'll fail it as sure as I'm sitting here."

"Just remember if you fail it a second time, I have the prerogative of putting you anyplace I want. Cutting down the wheat sounds like a good job for you. I understand Adam Schiff needs help also."

"I'm not talking to you anymore. Good night Captain."

"Our altitude is 500 feet; we have begun our grid search pattern. Callie is in control."

"Turn on all external lights."

"All external lights are on."

"All external monitors to minimum."

"All external monitors are at minimum."

Callie said, "Captain, we have a heat signature 8 miles, bearing 035."

"Thank you Callie, helm do it."

******************************

They saw it moving towards them. A big ball of stars moving slowly towards their position. They had no idea what to make of it, until it stopped less than 200 feet from them. The saw landing gear lower, and it settled down on the ground easily.

The stairways lowered, and their own people came running towards them. They explained how wonderful they were treated, and how much food these new friends had, and were growing on the side of this planet that was sunny.

Monty, Gordon, and Teddy approached the group, and extended their hands in friendship. Teddy went to the leader of the group and held his hands. She let go of him immediately, because of the evil in his soul.

She took the hands of the man she communicated with earlier. She told him that this man cannot come with them. He will do something evil to the people on my ship, and we will not accept. This has to be your choice, and I know it will be hard. He cannot be among you if you wish to come with us."

The man responded. "We have known this for a long time, but he is our leader. We will have a conference and make a decision about his future."

"Gordon, Monty, we are going back to the ship."

They looked at her, and didn't argue. When they got to the elevators they asked,

"What's happening Teddy?"

"Their leader is evil. He will try to do harm to us, and our ship. I told our visitor we would not allow him on board. They are going to have a conference to talk about his future. Have security ready, just in case he wins, and they try to hurt us."

"Security, this is the senior captain. I want two fully armed details to the front of the ship now. Only 1 entrance to the ship is to be open and another security detail stationed there. This is not a drill, on my order, shoot to kill."

"Roger Captain, everyone will be on the move in 30 seconds."

Everything was in readiness in less then two minutes. The ship was secure, and the security details had their rifles charged, but the safeties were on.

Everyone was freezing cold. The winter clothing, they brought with them was not enough for these sub zero temperatures. The conference was taking a long time.

"Teddy, Gordon, you are not needed here. Get back in the ship."

Gordon said, "That is the first order you have given me that I will gladly take. Come with me Teddy."

"No, I will stay here."

"Teddy, go inside."

"You are going to need both of us soon. We will stay here."

Several moments later, the leader of the visitors charged them.

He was naked. His people decided to let him die of exposure to the elements he forced them to live in, instead of exploring the planet in hopes of finding a better place to live.

"Hold your fire."

Gordon removed his heavy jacket, and moved out front. Their bodies were very similar to ours, although their facial features were different. He took up a defensive stance and waited for this man to get to him.

The leader did not leave his feet. He tried to run right through Gordon.

He was dead before he hit the ground.

Gordon jumped wrapped his legs around the man's head, and twisted. Every vertebra in his neck broke. He landed on his back, with his head facedown.

Gordon took no pleasure in taking this man's life.

Teddy took his hand. "It's okay Gordon. God is not angry with you for taking a life."

"I knew it had to be done. I trained all my life to do it, but why do I feel like a part of me died, when I killed him."

"When you pray, 'She' will renew your spirit, and you will be whole again. Go inside, you are no longer needed here."

"Thanks Teddy."

He went straight to the chapel and began to pray. He was so deep inside himself, when he felt a hand touch his shoulder he jumped.

Zoey said, "Everyone's on board. We are getting ready to leave. Why don't you come back to our room to rest, and be with our children?"

"I could use some rest. Will you lie down with me?"

"Of course I will. I owe my life to you, and I will spend the rest of mine making yours better."

*********************************

"Well Holden, what are we going to do for our next act?"

"We can't go any further with the materials we have here on Earth. We have to search around the asteroid belt for a new source of energy, or new minerals that we have not discovered on this planet. At that point we can move further into space."

"Hey, you two, stop arguing. We have some very special guests coming along with us on our shakedown cruise. All of these guests have families on Atwater Luck. You will treat them with respect, is that understood?"

"Yes Joe. You were much nicer to us before you got married."

"I still buy you chocolate covered tarantulas. I'm amazed both of you are still alive."

"They are male tarantulas. The males are not poisonous."

"That's always good to know. Go take your showers and cleanup. Get into your flight suits and meet me in the auditorium in one hour. If there is a scratch on either of you, I'm going to turn Laura loose on you."

"How did you manage to get an FBI unit to watch over a private enterprise?"

"They are not looking over a private enterprise. They are looking after the two of you. If you recall, many years ago, you were declared national treasures. The attorney general decided to keep a close eye on the two of you, because you are at the age where any young woman could turn your head."

"She would have to have a brain inside it, before I would even talk to her."

"Many a young boy has said that until their eyes focus a little lower than her head and see a pair of tits staring at them. Their mouths open, they begin to drool, the little head expands, and the big head goes into default mode. The amazing thing is, the tits aren't even the good part, and you don't find that out until later."

"If the tits aren't the good part, what is?"

"That boys, is just like science. You have to discover it on your own."

"Come on Joe that's not fair. You can't leave us hanging like that."

"Do you want to know a secret Richard?"

"Go ahead."

"Yes I can."

Joe walked away with a smile on his face. He should've known better. The boys always find a way to win.

"Rich, I know a way to get even with Joe."

"Is it evil, because I love evil."

"We are going to inform everyone we are leaving on the Good Luck 2, and we are not going to return. We are going to stay on Atwater Luck with our mother and other siblings who we miss dearly. We will give instructions to Rod that as soon as we leave he is to hand Joe and envelope containing an account with every penny we have left in this world, and the patents that we hold. He will hate us forever, because he will be richer than Croesus."

"I wonder how being rich will change him?"

"I will bet you it doesn't."

"I agree."

**********************************

"Ladies and gentlemen welcome aboard the Good Luck 2. I am Joseph Constantine, the chief of security. The captain will be down to greet you in a few minutes. The Good Luck 2 has been completed 1 ½ years earlier than anticipated, because of the knowledge gained by our craftsman when they built the Good Luck 1. She is almost 3 times the size of our original craft. She has 6 nuclear engines, 16 Ion thrusters and an antigravity engine that is 500% larger than the original.

Since we were able to calculate That the Good Luck 1 traveled to Atwater Luck in less then four years, we know it passed lightspeed by at least three times. Knowing this, and the size of the Good Luck 1's nuclear engine, if our calculations are correct, it went past 3 times the speed of light. The Good Luck 2 will do 7 times the speed of light."

"You are an idiot. The Good Luck 2 will be capable of doing 11 times the speed of light, without breaking a sweat."

Holden jumped up and asked, "Who had the temerity to doubt my calculations?"

Rebecca Finch stood up. "I did."

"You are an idiot. No girl is smarter than I am."

"Well asshole, you just met two of them."

{{{{{{{{{Sam Finch slid down in his seat.

"I knew this was going to happen, Joan."

"Did you really think they were going to change overnight?"

"I was hoping."

"You were also hoping they would break 70 on the Black Course, on Long Island. That didn't work out for you either."

"Do you have to keep rubbing that in?"

"They let you play from the women's tees, because they were tired of hearing you complain. Who told you to shoot 81 that day."

"Debbie shoots a 68, Rebecca 69, you a 74, and me and 81. I hit every fairway, and every green in regulation. I couldn't putt worth a damn.

Those 2 never saw a fairway, and they come in 3 and 4 shots under par. Sandy was right. I should never have taught them that game."

"Don't look at it that way dear. Just think what a great teacher you were."

"If I can do that, and not laugh at myself in the mirror in the morning, I would try it. Those 2 were just naturals from the moment they picked up the clubs."

1...67891011