Dark Division - Dani Ch. 12

Story Info
The final few days?
6.2k words
4.83
3.3k
00

Part 12 of the 16 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 07/19/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The next day proved to be exactly what the three of them needed. They had all ended up crashing early the night before, and it was a good thing because the adventure with Dani had started bright and early on Saturday.

An hour down the road in Stan with the windows down, and all thoughts of coldness disappeared. For Nick, it was a nice change from the bunker. He typically didn't even go out for supply runs, and only occasionally ventured into town for anything. Nick generally spent his spare time pouring over something in the archives if he could. But, he was hopeful that with meeting Cassie, he would have more reason to enjoy life outside.

Dani was perfectly in her element as she drove along enjoying the fresh air. That was enough to melt Vince's heart. The thought of her happy always made his heart light and now watching her cruise along with one hand on the wheel and Led Zeppelin on the radio had him feeling like a million bucks. He hated the thought of waking up in a few days without Dani, but at least he could have this picture of her happy and driving her car. He stared at her from the back seat the entire day.

True to her word, Dani stopped at a microbrewery and then found the best burger joint nearby. By the time they got home that night, everyone was tired. Vince decided he didn't want to ruin the memory by staying up and letting the reality sink in, so he went to his room almost right away to lie down and enjoy some music until he fell asleep with the picture of her face in his mind. He had only a handful of days left and from the sound of it; Dani would be getting things prepped for heading out.

Vince's door was open, but it hadn't stopped him from falling asleep to the thought of missing Dani from more than just his bed soon. His headphones were plugged into his phone as he lay there a peacefully in his pajama bottoms and t-shirt intending to avoiding getting up to change before crashing for the whole night.

With the music in his ears, sleep had come quickly to Vince, and the dreams of her started almost immediately. The smell of her seemed so real, and then the feel of her skin was on his fingers. He whispered her name as she finally kissed him. The kisses felt so real as though her lips were actually pressing to his. He smiled softly before opening his eyes to find himself staring into hers. Her lips were parted slightly and her hands were planted next to him on either side of head flat on the bed as she leaned over his face.

He worried for an instant that he was still asleep, but she felt so real that he didn't care if it was a dream still. When she searched his eyes, he just gazed back unsure if he should speak. Dani leaned down once again and her lips met his, and it was pure electric. She kissed him again and again going from gentle pecks to deep kissing and when he parted his lips her tongue met his. Vince was mesmerized, not moving anything but his lips and tongue. This was the first she had really kissed him. God, he wanted this to be real.

"Mmmmm Vince." She breathed the words out, and leaned up long enough to unplug the headphones from the phone next to him. The music in his ears ended abruptly. Coming back to him, she slid off the headphones and placed them on the nightstand next to his bed. It was then her lips returned to his and she shifted her body to half lay over his.

"Wait." Vince spoke the word and Dani pulled back looking at him. "Am I still dreaming?"

"No. Why what have I been doing to you in your dreams, you pervert?" Dani raised an eyebrow and that's when he knew it was real.

"Mostly this, but I usually get to do this." His hands reached up hesitating slightly. He didn't want her to leave. His palms came up to her face holding her there as he deepened the kiss.

Dani continued to kiss him more and more urgently pressing into his body. Vince got hard as she continued; the feeling of her skilled tongue in his mouth killed him. He refused to move away from her, not wanting to lose the opportunity to feel her lips on his. He pulled his heel up on the bed a little and pressed his thigh into her core. He could feel her heat against him and it made him get even harder knowing that it was him causing her to feel that way.

"Oh fuck Vince." Her kisses paused and grew a little erratic as she shifted against his leg. He threaded the fingers of his left hand into her hair holding her mouth on his and ran his right hand down her side seizing on her ass roughly. He held her against him as she moved. The cotton fabric of her pajama pants was soft on his fingers as her hips moved perfectly, pressing directly into his cock.

Words failed them both as they continued kissing and shifting against each other. In another minute, he felt her shifting grow faster and opened his eyes as their lips parted briefly to see her brows furrowed together and her eyes closed. He planted a gentle kiss as he let his other hand grab onto her opposite hip. He now held her fast against him moving her as he shifted his hips. Their lips barely touched as their breathing came in sync. They shifted together faster and faster chasing their releases.

"Vince...I'm...uh...I think I'm gonna cum." Dani panted as she plundered his mouth with her tongue again. The words made his chest seize and he felt his balls tighten.

"Me too. Fuck...I love kissing you." Vince groaned out at his last words. His fingers dug into the flesh of her ass keeping her rhythm on him. She pulled back from his kiss and her eyes squeezed shut as she let out a soft cry. At the same time, her thighs squeezed on his.

Vince's own eyes slammed shut as he felt himself pulse inside his boxers. He held fast to her body as he was overtaken by his own orgasm. The yell that came from him seemed as if it came from somewhere outside of his body.

"Is everything okay guys?" Nick came into the doorway of Vince's room in a flash, concern all over his face. He froze at what he saw. There was Dani pressed on top of his partner with Vince's hands clenched on her ass and he saw their lips only an inch apart. Both were making noises that made it clear what he had just walked in on. "Shit. I'm sorry, I heard you uh make a noise...that I clearly misunderstood...I...um...I'm going to go." Nick blushed and stuttered on himself before walking down to his own room.

"Shit...I'm...I'm sorry Vince. I just, I...I should go." Dani pulled herself up on her hands. Vince didn't release his grip on her ass; instead he merely let his heel slide back down the bed.

"Don't leave. Stay with me tonight."

"No. I can't. I just saw you sleeping so peacefully and I...I couldn't stop from kissing you. After hearing I'm leaving, I guess I just wanted to know what it was like." When she broke the gaze with him, he finally released his hands and she pulled up to sitting on her haunches. He couldn't help but notice the wet spot on her hip and in her own crotch.

"Dani, if you're willing to kiss me, then why not stay?" Vince asked needing to hear her answer.

"Because of this. I'm afraid if I stay, I'm gonna end up doing this."

"Well, you know it's much better with clothes off. You could stay tonight and we could try that. After all, my offer is back on since you kissed me."

"I can't. I just...I'm...I've always been... this...this isn't me...fuck I don't know what I'm doing. I have to go." Dani stood up and headed out going straight to her room and slamming the door.

Vince was left there, laying back on his bed and trying to figure out what to do. He didn't understand how she was so reluctant to admit her feelings for him. He knew she was there too, but she was stuck. He eventually groaned and made himself get up to clean up and get ready for bed. This was something he was going to have to talk to Nick about, but tonight he just wanted to sleep and numb his brain.

*************************

The next morning, Dani was already up and training in their gym when Vince made his way out to the kitchen for coffee. He nodded briefly at Nick as he poured himself a cup.

"So, did I walk in on what I think I did?" Nick put a scoop of cereal into his mouth as Vince started to pour his own bowl.

"Yea, she kissed me last night Nick. Dani kissed me and it was everything I thought it would be and then some. But, it doesn't matter. She's still leaving."

"Do you think she felt the same thing?"

"I don't know why?"

"Because she's been in the gym for over an hour beating the shit out of anything she can. It seems to me she's trying to figure things out. It made me think that whatever happened affected her more than she thought it would."

"And what does that have to do with anything? Oz is sending a mission over in three days and that's it. Dani is gone. And she and I will go back to talking like friends when we have the time."

"He actually sent it over this morning. It looks like Dani's heading out tomorrow. I saw it in the briefings. We don't usually get them on Sundays, but today there was that and a note that someone was bringing a necklace with regenerative powers in Tuesday morning." Nick continued eating as he spoke and Vince had to catch himself as he put the milk carton down onto the counter suddenly.

"Tomorrow?"

"That's what it looks like. I guess something came up in North Dakota that needs some attention."

"Fuck. Well, I guess you and I should go out and get some good food for tonight."

"Do you want me to take care of that, maybe give you guys some time to talk alone?"

"I think if Dani wants to talk to me, she'll find time. So, what the hell, let's get the girl some good liquor and maybe a nice blanket for the road. And a chocolate cake, definitely a chocolate cake to send her off."

"Sounds good to me." He got up putting his bowl into the sink and an arm on Vince's shoulder. "For the record, I think it's been a damn short two months too. I'm gonna miss her."

With those words, Vince was left to sort himself out alone. He made it through the next hour on autopilot. The haze was so strong that as he put his shoes on to head out with Nick he had to stop and question if he had even showered. It all seemed so surreal. Dani was leaving, and this time tomorrow he wouldn't be seeing her face again. There wouldn't be any Zeppelin playing in the bunker unless he did it. And the garage was about to be one car shy.

At least once they were out shopping; he had something to keep his mind off of the reality that she was leaving. He made Nick take him to three different bakeries in town before he found just the perfect cake. It was chocolate everything with a raspberry filing and had raspberries and Oreos decorating the top. Vince smiled at himself as he loaded it into the back. Another two stops found them with a few gifts all set for Dani's going away presents.

Once they were able to stop and get some take out pasta, they were all set to head back and make the last night of their little home perfect. Nick watched as Vince walked into the bunker and on through the small hallway to the kitchen. His partner was putting on a brave front, but he saw the cracks around the edges. The man wore his heart on his sleeve sometimes, and this was definitely one of those times. Nick knew it would be hard to say goodbye to Dani tomorrow for them both, but somehow the quiet that would follow would be worse. She and Vince had a special bond and it wasn't going to matter if they kept talking as friends. Her presence being gone was going to send the ginger-haired idiot into a spiral. Nick's only hope was that it wouldn't be as deep as when Dani first came to stay there.

He gave his partner a soft smile as they dumped the bags from their hands onto the counter. Dani was nowhere to be seen.

"Do you want to go find Dani, so we can eat? I'll unpack everything."

"Why don't you go find her Nick? I'll put things together." Vince barely returned his gaze as he picked up the cake and hid it towards the back of the counter. He didn't question him; just let Vince do what he needed to in order to be okay. Tonight, he wanted time with Dani, his new found friend, but he knew Vince needed the time. And, if he wasn't ready for it, then far be it for Nick to push too hard.

Nick left him in the kitchen and walked down the hallway towards Dani's room. He found it open, and there inside was a sight that nearly broke his heart. Dani had two suitcases sitting just inside the door and was working on putting things into two other duffle bags that sat on the bed. He knocked on the door, more out of formality than anything.

"Hey, I was wondering when you guys would be getting back. You've been gone for hours." She smiled at him and it was almost like a normal day there, if not for the suitcases on the floor near where he stood.

"We sort of went out to get something special for our last dinner together. I hope you didn't eat already." He smiled at her.

"Nope, and I'm starving. You guys didn't have to do that though."

"I know. We wanted to give you a proper good bye, though. Vince and I could have cooked, but well, we figured you should have something really good before you left."

"Sounds great! I was just finishing up the packing in here. You know I think I nearly doubled what I came with. It's kind of crazy." She laughed softly as she came over.

"You know I am really going to miss you around here Dani." Nick broke then and pulled her in for a hug.

"Don't get sappy on me just yet. Let's have drinks first."

"Sorry. It's just seeing you pack makes it a little too real you know."

"I'm not going to be dead or retired or anything. We'll probably see each other for something soon. I mean I saw you guys before I moved in here didn't I?"

"Yea, but it won't be the same and you know it."

"I do, but life moves Nick and I have to also."

"I know that; just promise me you'll stay safe no matter what. You're like a sister to me and I don't want to get that call from Oz that something's happened."

"I'll do my best. And we'll see what young idiot they partner me with. Hopefully, it'll be someone as good as Stan."

"Hopefully. Hey, can you just do me one favor before you leave?"

"I suppose. What do you have in mind?"

"Spend some time with Vince."

"I planned on spending the rest of the night with you both, if that's okay." She pulled back in his arms to look at him."

"I meant maybe crash with him or something. I figured we'd have dinner, dessert, a drink or two and then I'll head to bed early. And, I think it would mean a lot to Vince to have some time with just the two of you."

"Is this because you want to accidentally walk in on us screwing around one more time?" Nick dropped his arms and rolled his eyes at her question. Leave it to Dani to answer him with some smart remark.

"On that note, let's go eat."

"Fine and I'll make sure we're extra loud later so you can mistake it for trouble."

"Shut up Dani."

"What? There's no shame in wanting to see your partner's O face. I'm sure he'll even let you when I'm gone."

"Eww...would you quit? I swear to God Dani."

"Now kids." Vince chimed in as the two of them entered the kitchen together. He was sure as hell going to miss this when Dani was gone. It was going to be hard to go back to just him and Nick and no one else.

"That food smells incredible, and I for one am starving." Dani broke from her banter with Nick to head over to the table where Vince had plated everything and had it ready to go.

"Then, let's eat. I'll grab some beers, what do you say?" Vince smiled broadly. The least he could do was put on a brave face at this point.

"Sounds great." Dani returned his smile, but held his eyes for a lingering moment. It was enough to communicate the thoughts they were both sharing. And, when it ended, they all put aside what was happening the next day if only for an hour or so.

The three agents sat joking and eating like it was almost any other meal. Even a few comments about how Dani would be sleeping on crappy mattresses from here on went by without anyone feeling bad. Vince almost wished the world would collapse on them and he could be here at the table for the rest of his life. He could see Dani smiling as Nick and she traded jabs for eternity compared with the inevitable alternative.

"Hey so I hope you like cake because Vince and I searched high and low for the perfect one today. And, we may have gotten you a few gifts for the road. Which do you want to start with?" Nick's comment roused Vince and Dani lit up. There was something about the prospect of surprises or gifts that always made her light up like a little kid. He pondered for a moment if he should have asked her about it. In all the time she was there, he had gotten to know her, but those little quirks he loved were still a mystery.

"Presents first, you know I can't wait on surprises." At her words, Vince got up and produced two brown paper bags. She reached out and seized on one instantly.

"That's from me. We figured wrapping them would be pointless so I hope you don't mind." Nick grinned as she pulled the bag across the table. She jumped up peering inside and started to pull items out.

"Aww...a man after my own heart." Dani pulled a large Jack Daniel's bottle out of the bag and cuddled it. "And, what is this?" She pulled up the next package, which was a white pearlescent flask. The chrome accents only made the white pop more in the light of the kitchen. Nick had found it while they were out and he couldn't resist buying it for her.

"I thought it would match the car nicely. Of course, I assume you'll never be using it while you're driving." Nick beamed at the reaction he saw cross her face.

"It's awesome. You know I had a flask, but then I made it my holy oil container. This, though, well...it's perfect Nick." She jumped into his arms and Nick gave her an extra tight squeeze before releasing her.

"And, this one is from me." Vince pushed the second paper bag across the table and Dani lit up once more before seizing on it to look inside.

"What is this?" She pulled out a package and started to read it. "Some kind of car mount?"

"Yea, it's an adapter so you can hook your phone into the Superbee and play Zeppelin. That way you can download all their albums and have some road music. The speakers can handle it, but no way you're getting satellite radio in the old beauty."

"Oh my God Vince, this is awesome. Can you help me put it in tonight?"

"Sure. It'll only take a few minutes. But, that's not the whole gift you know."

"Huh?" Dani smiled at him before diving back into the bag and producing a rolled up sleeping bag. It was black and red and had a flannel lining.

"I figured without the two of us you'd be cold most nights. Plus, if you're ever stuck somewhere you'll have a warm bed. It's the warmest one they had." Dani looked up at him and then moved around the table quickly to give him a hug. Vince held her in his arms and tried to memorize the feeling. He wanted to never forget what it was to hold Dani. Her smell enveloped him and he let it imbed in his senses. This was Dani, his Dani.

"These were all incredible guys. Now, how about that cake?" She clapped her hands like a little girl for a moment and they both laughed before Nick got up and headed over to it.

"I tell you what, while he cuts that let's go hook up this mount and make sure it works." Vince got her attention and she took his hand leading him down the hall to the garage.

The next ten minutes he spent with her were some of the best he remembered having in the bunker. They were curled up next to each other on Stan's front seat as he explained how the wiring worked and what she would need to do if she ever changed phones. For any other woman it might have been boring, but not for her. Dani was always completely caught up in any discussions about cars. She would sit and listen with a smile on her face every time Vince went into detail like this, and it made his day.

12