Dark Surrender

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Alexander narrowed his eyes. "What are you talking about?" He began to shiver as he felt the power of Viktor's icy stare. "Come with me." Viktor hissed. He didn't give Alexander the choice really. Dragging him through the foyer and up the stairs. He took him passed the main floor rooms that housed the family. He dragged him past the servants rooms to the attic staircase near the back of the house. Forcing him up the stairs, Alexander found himself standing in the doorway of a tiny room far from the rest of the inhabitants of the house.

The room was dark, musty, and covered in a thick layer of dust and cobwebs. There was a bed in one corner, and a desk and chair near a window so small that it barely let any light in. Alexander looked at the room, confused. "Why have you brought me here?" He asked.

Viktor pushed him through the doorway suddenly and into the room. "Welcome to your new home." He growled. "I hope you approve of your new accommodations."

"Wait..." Alexander felt hot tears fill his eyes. "Viktor, you can't mean..."

"Get used to living in here." Viktor interrupted. "You're going to be here for a very long time. And don't worry about your lover. I'll be sure and tell him that I sent you off to live with some distant relative."

"Viktor no, please don't do this!" Alexander raced towards the door as Viktor pulled it shut and locked it. Alexander beat against it with his fists, screaming to be let out but Viktor closed his mind and his heart off to his pleas and walked away.

For the next few weeks Julian came by everyday, demanding to see Alexander but Viktor was good on his word. He told Julian that Alexander had been sent away. Eventually Julian gave up and left. Alexander had given up too. He screamed and begged to be released until his voice had grown horse. The only living person he saw was a servant girl who came to his room once a day to deliver his food and empty his chamber pot.

As the weeks turned into months he'd not only given up on being free but also on life. He stopped eating and drinking. Day after day he'd lay on his bed and pray for death. He was only vaguely aware of Viktor sitting next to his bed speaking to him. Alexander had no idea how long it had been since he'd seen another living person. Probably days, but he never expected to see Viktor again. Viktor was urging Alexander to sit up, but he didn't have the strength. He barely had the strength to keep his eyes open anymore so he slumped back against the bed and shut them again.

He could feel himself being lifted up and off the bed. He felt the strong, warm arms around him, cradling him like a baby. He felt himself being carried out of the room and down the stairs. Maybe I'm dead. He thought. Finally, it's over. He found some strange sort of peace in that thought. He had nothing left to live for so why shouldn't he welcome death now? But he wasn't dead. He'd been brought down stairs and placed in his old bed, propped up against a bank of soft, clean, pillows.

Viktor was seated beside him once more and he could hear him speaking to him. "You must eat." Viktor instructed. "You'll die if you don't."

"So..."Alexander managed to whisper. "Let me die."

"No, I can not do that."

Why? He wanted to ask. Why do you even care. But he couldn't manage to speak anymore. He felt a spoon being brought to his lips and he turned his head away. His stomach ached terribly but he couldn't eat. Eating meant giving in and he wasn't about to do that.

"It's no use." A female voice said. "He's too weak."

"Is there nothing you can do?" Viktor asked.

"Just let him go." The female voice said again. "It's what he wants."

"No! I refuse to allow him to wither away and die."

Please. Alexander wanted to tell him. Please let me go. He couldn't stand to continue on this way but Viktor seemed determined. He wasn't going to let him off the hook so easily.

Is this my punishment? Alexander wondered. He won't even let me die now because he knows it's what I want.

"You must do something." Viktor growled. "I brought you here because you promised you could help him. You failed to bring Nora back to me, the least you can do is save my brother. He's all I have left!"

"His will is strong." The woman spoke again. "But he doesn't wish to live. If I were to save him, it would come at a great price."

"I'll pay what ever price you ask." Viktor pleaded with her. "Just do no let my brother die!"

"As you wish, sir." Alexander opened his eyes long enough to see an old woman leaning over him. She was a hag of a thing, dressed in rags that were stained with earth and leaves. She smelled a mixture of sweet herbs and fresh earth. Her silver hair was tucked under a yellowed cloth upon her head.

"Stay away." Alexander coughed when he saw her.

The woman smiled at him through her withered and wrinkled features. He was frightened at first, but when he looked into her bright, kind eyes, he no longer felt any fear. She placed her hand on his forehead and whispered into his ear. Alexander shook his head with as much strength as he could muster.

"Don't worry." The woman spoke softly to him. "It won't hurt and soon you'll be feeling better than you've ever felt before."

Tears filled Alexanders eyes as he turned his head away from her. "I don't want this." He whispered.

The woman looked at Viktor and her eyes pleaded with him once more to reconsider. "Do it." He demanded.

What happened next was all but a blur to Alexander. He felt the woman touch his hand. She held it tightly in her own. He could feel the paper thin texture of her skin and the cold decay of age. He felt her turn his hand palm up, then spread his fingers open and smooth out his palm. He felt the blade of her knife tare across his flesh and the warm, sticky, wetness of his blood.

"As Light is to dark..."She whispered as she took her knife across Viktor's palm just as she had done Alexander's. "One can not exist without the other and so these two can not live as two but as one. Blood to blood and soul to soul. These brothers I bind...forever and always...together in time. Blood mixed, the price paid. Never may this bond be broken." She took Viktor's hand and placed it atop Alexanders and held the two together. She looked then to Viktor and the light went out of her eyes.

"It is done, he'll live. But, I warn you. There is a presence in this house. An angry, vengeful presence. She will not rest until blood has been spilled."

Viktor narrowed his eyes. "Just what the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"A life for a life." The old woman said simply. "But since you refuse to let your brother go the restless spirit in this house will never move on."

"So I'm just supposed to sacrifice my brother?" Viktor shook his head angrily. "He's suffered enough already. I was wrong to let it go on for so long. He didn't deserve what I did to him."

The old woman shrugged. "I'm just telling you what I know. What you choose to do with this information is up to you." The old woman stood up and turned towards the door. She stopped though before leaving and looked back at Viktor once more. "Just know that until you appease the spirit who haunts this place, none of you will ever have any peace. I've done all that I can. Your brother's life is in your hands now."

Viktor waved the old woman away then looked back to Alexander. The color was already returning to his cheeks. His breathing sounded better and his strength was already returning to him. Still, Viktor clung to his hand, refusing to let go until he knew for sure that Alexander was going to live.

Within hours Alexander was able to sit up on his own and drink a bit of broth. Each day his health improved a bit more. Viktor was pleased. Things could soon return to normal. Or so he thought. Neither of the brothers really understood in the beginning what the old woman had done to them, but as the years passed it became all to clear.

Viktor didn't think that the old woman's spell was intended to be a curse, but that's what it became. That was Nora's doing. She was the angry, vengeful, force within the house that kept them trapped within the confines of the estate. She waited patiently, always in the shadows, for the day when her price would be paid and she could finally be at rest.

____________________________________________________________________

The look in Alexanders eyes told Viktor that he was a million miles away. The memories of the past came crashing over him like a tidal wave. Tears welled up in his eyes. He could no longer hold them back and they came, in an unyielding torrent of pain and regret.

"Tell me what I can do." Viktor pleaded with him.

"Let me go." Alexander whispered through his tears. "Let her go. Viktor, it's been so long. Don't we all deserve some peace?"

"Is that really what you want?" Viktor asked him, his tone soft and a bit melancholy.

Alexander nodded. "It is. Viktor, it's time. I'm tired."

"I suppose you're right. I guess I was never able to let you go. Not really. Perhaps that was our problem all along. I held onto you so long and so hard that I couldn't allow either of us to grow on our own. It's my fault that things happened the way they did. I just held onto you too hard."

Alex sat on Viktor's lap, laying his head against his shoulder. "I didn't make things easy for you. In my own way, I guess I couldn't let you go either. I tried, but I never really could. I think even Julian suspected, somehow. I did love him though. Probably the same way that you loved Nora, but my feelings for you have always been stronger. I just tried to push them down as far as I could and pretend that they weren't real. The more I tried to resist though, the harder it became. You have no idea how badly I wanted you back then."

"And now?" Viktor wrapped his arms around Alexander and held him protectively against him. "After all these years, have your feelings changed?"

Slowly, Alexander shook his head. "No. If anything, I feel them more strongly now. Our magical bond has brought us closer and my feelings intensified."

"Then, maybe we should stop fighting them." Viktor let his hand fall down the length of Alexanders shadowy hair. His fingers twisting into the locks then letting them slip through his fingers and down over the boys shoulders. "Why do we continue to resist? What do we have left, if not each other? And yet, all these years we've been fighting the inevitable."

Alexander lifted his head and locked eyes with his brother. "Are you sure?" He asked him softly.

Viktor smiled lovingly at the boy. "I've never been more sure of anything in my long life. I love you, Alex. I always have. Through everything, through all the long years I've spent on this earth, it's always been you."

Alexander smiled as a tear slipped from his eye. He leaned forward, drawing closer to Viktor, then pressed his lips against his. Viktor welcomed Alexander's lips on his. He kissed him back with intense passion and longing. They were brothers, but the only two people on earth who shared the kind of bond that they had together. Blood to blood, and soul to soul. The two would finally become one.

____________________________________________________________________

Viktor carried Alexander into the room, like he had so many years before, and laid him down against the soft cushions of the bed. He looked down at Alexander's naked form and smiled. "So beautiful." He whispered. Viktor pressed his lips to that smooth, ivory skin and kissed him. He planted kisses over his chest and stomach. Gently lifting his leg, Viktor kissed the inside of his thigh.

Alexander let his head fall back against the pillows and whimpered, urging Viktor to continue. His body was hot with burning need as his passions began to swell. Viktor's hands explored his body, stroking and caressing every inch of him. His hand found his sex and he gently stroked it, feeling it grow in his hand. Alexander moaned, his body quivering. So long he'd waited for the love that his brother refused to give him and now, with each touch, his body erupted in spasms of pleasure and excitement.

Viktor nuzzled his neck. He buried his face in his soft, warm flesh, his teeth biting at his skin. His hand encircled Alexanders neck as his lips brushed over his throat and then up along the slender line of his neck to his ear. "Do you want me?" He asked in hushed whispers. His teeth grazing the lobe of his ear and his breath, hot and sweet, assaulting his senses.

"Yes." Alexander breathed. "God yes, I want you more than anything."

"I want to fill you up." Viktor whispered. "I want our bodies to collide together as one. I want to sink myself deep inside of you and feel you surrounding me."

"Yes..."Alexander moaned again. "Yes, Oh please yes. Viktor please, want that too."

Without hesitation, Viktor pushed Alexander's legs apart then moved to center himself between them. His sex was hard, throbbing, and dripping with his fluids. He slid his hands beneath Alexander and gently lifted him some. Alexander could feel the head of Viktor's sex pressing against him. It felt amazing. He pinned Viktor's hips between his thighs and held his breath and waited for the first heated thrust.

Viktor entered him with little effort. It was as though their bodies were made to move together in perfect symmetry. Alexander bit down on his bottom lip, unable to conceal his cries and soft moans of pleasure as Viktor pushed into him again and again. He pressed his body to Alexander's and Alexander wrapped his arms about him, holding him close.

"Amazing." Alexander whimpered.

"God, you feel so good." Viktor groaned. He thrust inside again, feeling Alexanders body surrounding him. That hot, wet, tight little hole spread open from the force of his thrusts. He moved harder and faster against him, slamming himself in deeper each time until he was utterly lost inside of him. Alexander dug his nails into Viktor's back and surrendered to his darkest desires.

"Oh God!" Alexander cried out suddenly. "Love me, Viktor. Love me!"

Viktor kissed him again, sucking at his neck. "Always." He whispered. "Always you, Alex, Always you..."

"I'm so close." Alexander heaved. "Viktor, I'm close..."

"Together." Viktor instructed. His movements intensified as Alexander's breathing increased to rapid, desperate pants. He growled, a low, deep, guttural cry as he climaxed, spilling his seed deep within Alexander's body. Alexander came at the same moment, his juices erupting in quick, violent bursts.

Viktor slid his hand over Alexander's stomach, then he leaned over and licked his flesh clean. The salty taste of his brothers release filled his mouth, tantalizing his senses. He kissed Alexander then, sharing his taste with him. Alexander kissed him back with as much passion, licking Viktor's lips and sucking on them.

Viktor kissed him again then lay back against the bed, exhausted and spent. Alexander lay his head against his brother chest and closed his eyes as he listened to the rapid beating of his heart.

"Did that please you?" Viktor put an arm around Alexander and held him close.

"Immensely." Alexander smiled as he snuggled in closer. "It was all that I dreamed it would be."

"I'm glad." Viktor kissed the top of his head. "I only ever wanted to please you."

"You have, my love. More than you know."

____________________________________________________________________

Viktor awoke many hours later. Alexander was still sleeping against his chest. The look of contentment on his face made Viktor smile, though his feeling of peace and contentment was short lived.

While they slept, the house had come alive with strange and frighting noises. Black shadows crept along the walls. The wind outside was howling, shaking the glass of the bedroom windows. Viktor shook Alexander awake and at once Alexander understood.

"She's not happy." He said in a whisper.

"It's our suffering that she craves." Viktor sat up and pulled Alexander against him. "She's not going to let this go."

Alexander frowned. "For almost two centuries she's kept us trapped in this house. Forbidden to leave the grounds. Denied us even the company of another living person. What more does she want of us?"

"You know what she wants my love."

Alexander nodded and sighed heavily. "Revenge." He peered into the darkness that surrounded them and suddenly called out into the emptiness of the room. "It was an accident! I've paid for my crime. A hundred times over. It's now time to release us of this curse. For pity sake, release us!"

The room shook violently as though suddenly ceased by a massive earth quake. Paintings fell from the walls and crashed to the floor and Alexander huddled close to Viktor.

"Murder..." A cold, inhuman voice echoed throughout the room.

Alexander shook his head as he began to cry. "It was never my intention."

Viktor put his arms around the boy in an attempt to comfort him. "She can't harm us." He whispered. "Our bond is too strong."

"She harms us every day by keeping us prisoner here."

"We could try again." Viktor looked at Alexander and for the first time in decades there was hope in his eyes. "Maybe she'll let us go this time."

Alexander sighed. "You know what happened the last time we attempted to leave the grounds. It's not as bad for you, but I can't go through that again. Death is painless for those who remain dead but for me, it's a night of agony. I learned that lesson well after my first few suicide attempts."

"Then there is truly is no escape." Viktor sighed, feeling dejected.

Alexander touched his hand. "You know the only way we'll ever be free, Viktor. You remember what the old witch told me the night she cast the spell that binds us. There is only one way to break the curse. We have to break the bond."

"Is that really what you want?" Viktor looked into Alexanders eyes and Alexander could see the pain behind his brothers eyes.

"Our time was over years ago Viktor. All I want now is to be released but that can't happen if you can't let me go."

"I'm just to scared to lose you."

"You'd rather remain trapped in this hell? Tell me the truth. Aren't you tired of it all?"

Viktor nodded, slowly. "I have thought about it lately. When I see how miserable you are. I know it's the only thing that will give you peace."

"Then do this one last thing for me brother, my love. Release me from this hell." Alexander reached under his pillow and brought out a silver dagger with a jewel encrusted hilt. Holding it out in his hand, he brought it to Viktor and held it in front of him. "It's time." He whispered. "Time for the three of us to finally be laid to rest. You know its the only way."

Viktor reached out hesitantly and took the dagger in his hand. His eyes filled with tears as he looked at Alexander. "I love you so very much." He cried.

"And I love you." Alexander smiled as he took Viktor's face in his hands and kissed his lips, for the last time. He nodded to Viktor, silently saying he was ready.

Viktor closed his eyes, then gripped the hilt tightly in his hands as he turned the the blade on himself. Taking a deep breath, he plunged the blade deep into his own chest.

Alexander gasped as his chest opened up and deep, dark, crimson blood spilled out. He smiled and whispered, "Thank you."

Viktor opened his eyes and watched as his brother sank back against the pillows of the bed. His body still, lifeless. If not for the blood he would have only appeared to be asleep. Viktor let loose with a mournful wail. He threw himself over Alexander's body and sobbed.

The house became silent. The oppressive shadow that had been cast over the house was gone. Viktor held his brother's body tightly against him and the two faded into oblivion together, wrapped in each others arms.

The End

12