Darken the Stars Ch. 01

Story Info
The Prince has a desperate need.
3.8k words
4.43
1.9k
5
0

Part 1 of the 1 part series

Updated 06/13/2023
Created 02/13/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Rain pattered on leaf and stone as the sun sat over the ocean behind the passing storm, painting the surface of the water in red. Drops of liquid fire clung to the leaves reflecting the beauty in the mist that rose up from the valley below. Lanterns were lit and lights flickered on throughout the inn and down the ancient wooden steps into the town that had been built up at its base. It was my favorite time of day and I stood on the edge of the worn, wooden deck soaking it in before I had to return to my duties. The inn, and the patrons within, could wait. That sunset would not.

"Naomi," Hatsuko cried from the hallway, "you're needed in Auntie's office!"

I wound my long brown hair up into a bun and secured it with the clip I'd attached to my robe then hurried back inside the building. Hatsuko was waiting for me, propped up against the wooden frame with a smirk on her pretty face.

"You'd better hurry before Auntie finds out you were slacking off, or she'll rip you apart. And that would leave the new patron all to me. Which," she added with a tilt of her head, "wouldn't be bad. On second thought, take your time."

I rolled my eyes as I passed, not taking the time to respond to Hatsuko's teasing. While I pretended not to care, I was curious as to why Hatsuko would be so eager to take my place with a patron. She was usually only like that if they were very cute. Or very rich.

I ran down the hallway and took the steep, narrow stairs as fast as my bare feet would allow. Other inn workers were lighting lanterns with long matches and clucking their tongues as I rushed past, urging me to slow down. The modern supernatural world could come and go without anyone in that place knowing anything about it. The inn was from another time all together and people came from all over the realms to experience the decadence within. As far as jobs went, mine could have been worse.

The door to Auntie's quarters was shut so I stopped in front of it to try and catch my breath before going inside. The carved wooden details looked different every time you stood before them and right then what I saw would have any of the girls working there blushing. And that was saying a lot.

The door opened before I could even knock and a haggard voice called me inside. The woman that ran the inn wasn't my family by blood, but she had taken me in when I'd shown up on her doorstep not knowing anything about the world I'd found myself in or how to survive in it. She'd given me a home and a job and though the job wasn't what most people would have picked for themselves, it was rewarding in its own way.

"Come inside, child. I have a job for you."

My feet tingled as I stepped across the threshold into her room. The wards she kept were some of the strongest in the realm and it would take a very high ranking sorcerer to break them without being killed by her rebound magic. The woman was as ancient as the inn itself and well respected in the magical community as one of the most influential witches in the entire kingdom. The whole island was practically her domain alone as most of the residents deferred to her before doing anything more serious than wiping their own ass.

I stepped up to her desk as she clacked away on a worn abacus and jotted down the results that only she understood. Without looking up from her work, she said, "the Crown Prince of Lightgarde has requested your assistance. He's on the top floor. No one is to know."

"The Prince," I whisper-yelled. "Isn't he betrothed to Duke Foxwood's daughter?"

"Apparently not anymore," the witch said with a sigh as she sat back and rubbed her eyes. "I am under the impression that the Foxwoods weren't as inclined to send their oldest daughter to marry the Dark Prince as everyone believed and sent an imposter in her stead. When the Prince found out, the maid was murdered and her ash-stained clothing sent back to the House of Foxwood. The whole family has gone into hiding under the astute assumption that they are next. The King has discussed taking the House's titles as well, but nothing has been decided yet."

"Oh my gods. The poor maid!"

"Yes, yes," Auntie said with a dismissive wave of her hand. "It's all very sad, but none of that matters to us. The issue is, due to His Majesty's...delicate condition...he has found himself in need of our discreet services. He will be here for the week and has requested my strongest girl. As the ranking currently stands, that's you."

My heart leapt into my chest. The Crown Prince was well known around the kingdom and beyond as easily one of the most handsome men to walk the earth, but he was also rumored to be a murderous madman with a taste for blood. I knew the truth behind the last part, but I wasn't sure that this job wasn't going to end with my bloody death.

As if reading my mind, Auntie leaned forward and patted my hand. "Don't worry. He knows how much your life is worth to me. You won't be harmed. Permanently."

I laughed ruefully. "But I might be harmed semi-permanently."

"It is the nature of the job. You know I can't turn this down and neither can you. Our hands are bound."

For the first time in a long time since falling through the portal that brought me here from Earth, I wanted to go home.

--

By the time I climbed back to the top of the stairs, night had descended in earnest. The nocturnal songs of frogs and crickets carried through the open windows and balcony doors as thunder from another approaching storm rolled in the distance. It was the rainy season on the island and usually I welcomed the sound but on that night it just sounded ominous like war drums on the horizon.

I knelt before the wood and paper door at the top of the stairs and slid it to the side with my eyes cast down in case the Prince was standing there waiting for me. I knew not to make eye contact unless he allowed it and wasn't about to get started on the wrong foot with a man of such reputation as his. The sound of footsteps came from my right and within seconds I saw the bare feet of a man I presumed was the Prince.

"Finally," he growled. "I thought I was going to have to come get you myself." Without another word, the man grabbed me by the wrist and hauled me to my feet. My knee slid on the natural fiber rug below me and I hissed in a breath through my teeth as it bit into my skin.

"Look at me," he demanded.

Slowly raising my eyes, I sucked in another breath but for a completely different reason. The rumors saying how handsome this man hadn't been accurate at all. At least not accurate enough. The man before me was heart-stoppingly beautiful. Like something out of a fairy tale.

In my old life, there had been celebrities who were gorgeous in a fake way that you just knew was due to makeup and plastic surgery but, while glamour magic existed in this world, nothing of the sort had changed his appearance. One of my special gifts in this life was seeing through magical spells and charms and I could see that this man was one hundred percent born this way. From his chiseled face, dark eyes and the messy fringe of black hair that fell across them, to his corded muscles peeking out from under his leather armor, there was no denying that this man was sent from the gods themselves as the stories said.

"Holy shit," I whispered before I caught myself. My eyes widened at my words and I immediately looked down at the floor. But not before catching the smirk on the man's face.

"See something you like?'

I bit my lip and considered lying, but if what I knew about him was true, he'd be able to see through it easily enough. Clenching my eyes tightly closed and biting my lip, I nodded.

"Good. That will make this easier."

I yelped as the Prince pulled me into the room and tossed me towards the bed. "W-wait," I stammered, "the spell of transfer!"

"Unfortunately, I don't have time for that," he said with a near feral growl. In the warm amber glow of the lamplight I watched with a trembling heart as he began to unstrap the armor on his chest and shoulders. Sex wasn't off the table for the inn's more prestigious clients, and it was certainly the quicker way to transfer mana from one magic user to another, but this hadn't been discussed and I wasn't exactly ready no matter how gorgeous the man may be.

"We haven't discussed terms," I said breathlessly as I tried to scoot backwards across the bed, which was a terrible idea considering I now looked like prey to one of the realm's most accomplished hunters. Unbridled lust turned his deep brown eyes an ominous shade of crimson as his diminished magic churned inside him.

In this world, descendants of the Elder Gods were born with magic and in some that magic was quite strong. But while their connection to the Stream could never be severed, their ability to restore the reserve inside them could. The stories told that when the Prince was a child, a witch cursed him to never be able to refill his magic without the, freely given, aid of another. Supposedly, it was a punishment to his father who had taken the witch against her will and damaged her, mind and body, in his horrible, frenzied lust.

You see, those born with magic had to maintain that magic or they would die. It was their life-force. Their mana. Or in the words of my old world, it was their soul. The witch had condemned the young boy to death if no one would, or could, share their magic with him and he had been existing on this system of trade ever since.

That's where I, and others like me, came into play. The body I'd taken over when I came to this world was that of a daerys - a conduit of magic. My body could connect directly to the Stream and transfer magic to whomever I chose through a spell or intimate physical contact. But only if I did so willingly. The Prince would get nothing but a rough lay if he took me by force which would be enough for some but, judging by the swirling color of his eyes, he didn't have long in this world if he didn't get a large dose of magic very very soon.

Stalking forward, he moved to the bed and placed his knee by my hip. I leaned backwards as he moved forward, covering my body with his. He moved my robe away from my collar bone, his fingers tracing so lightly over my skin that I shivered. His lips found the spot between my neck and my shoulder and I couldn't help but drop my head backwards at the sensuous feeling of his kiss.

"I'll give you anything you want if you just give in to me," he murmured softly against my skin. "Just say yes and your every desire will be granted."

I knew it was a terrible idea to get entwined with a man such as the Crowned Prince, but gods help me his lips held a powerful magic of their own.

My tongue flicked across the barren wasteland of my lips which had suddenly lost all semblance of moisture. I released a quivering breath as the Prince's fingers trailed up my body to tug at the belt of my robe. Fabric fell away from skin allowing the air to prickle my naked flesh as the Prince's lips continued to work the erogenous zone along the side of my neck. It had been so long since I'd last been held by a man and it seemed as if my traitorous body was ready to give it all up to this one. Right now.

Who was I to deny it what it so desperately wanted?

"Yes, Your Majesty," I murmured breathlessly as lightning flashed so brightly I could see it behind my closed eyes. The foreboding rumble of thunder that followed was enough to cause the vase on my dresser to tremble.

"Good girl."

I could feel the smirk on his lips and knew I was in trouble.

Already, I could feel magic flowing out of my body and the Prince hummed as it burned across my skin to his. Usually, the exchange of mana was a meditative practice between two users done in quiet contemplation in order to make the exchange as easy and painless as possible. But when done intimately, the exchange was as quick and fiery as the passion between the couple. And judging by the urgency in the Prince's movements, this was going to burn like hell.

We were both naked in an instant and I realized that the Prince had used magic to make it happen. Either he was desperate, or just that powerful and I honestly couldn't tell which it was. Before my body could even feel the chill of his absence he was back on top of me, bracing his arms on either side of my head as he lowered himself down to me.

His kiss was searing electricity that lit every single nerve ending on fire that had me simultaneously wishing he would stop and begging for more. I wrapped my arms and legs around his body and arched my back, pressing my breasts roughly against his chest. He circled one large palm around my back and held me to him as he deepened our kiss. I could feel his cock pressing heavy against my mound and twisted my hips slightly so that it would move between my slit.

The movement worked to have his length rubbing against my clit and when he realized what I'd done the Prince bucked his hips hard into mine, making me gasp at the glorious feeling. A shock of magic rippled through us both, drawing a moan from my lips and a deep growl from his.

When his eyes met mine, they were a brilliant gold that rivaled even the most priceless chain or bouillon. His wicked grin promised delicious torture as he rocked his hips into me again and again. It was only moments before I was coming undone beneath him. I cried out and writhed in his arms as agonizing pleasure and magic cascaded through my body.

"That's it," he murmured as he continued to rub his cock against me even after the sensation became too much for me. "I want every patron in this place to know exactly what I'm doing to you."

I shivered, both from the sensation and from his words. He shook his hair from his eyes. The movement drew my own to the sinewy muscles of his neck and I suddenly wanted so badly to trace my tongue over his throat.

"Well, unfortunately for you, that will just have to wait." I pushed myself up and used a little of my own magic to roll him over. His arms wrapped protectively around me while his expression shone with amusement and maybe a little shock. I laughed as I leaned my face down to his.

"It's adorable how you assume that you're the strongest one in this room."

His eyebrows lifted into his messy hair as I leaned further down to do exactly as I'd wanted to before. His skin was salty with sweat but I enjoyed the taste of it along with the way his throat bobbed as he swallowed. He leaned his head back and dug his fingertips into my hips as I trailed the tip of my tongue lower to the dip in his collarbone.

As I tasted him, I slid my hand down between us until I found his hardened cock. Wrapping my hand around it was a struggle. He wasn't exceptionally long, but he was deliciously girthy and my pussy involuntarily clenched around nothing at the thought of him pushing it inside me. When I squeezed lightly, the Prince groaned and bucked his hips up into my grip.

"So eager," I teased, biting his chest as I moved my body further down. When my mouth found his cock, his hand immediately went to my hair, grabbing the back of my head firmly but without attempting to make me move faster than I was willing. I smiled against him and took my time sliding him into my mouth, enjoying the way my jaw adjusted to the size of him.

When he was fully seated against my throat, he shivered and moaned. It was a deep, rough sound that had my juices flowing and wetting my inner thighs. As my eyes once again met his, I found the stare of a predator.

"Do not tease me with that mouth of yours, witch, or you will regret it."

Recognizing the empty threat for what it was, I slowly pulled away from him, tracing lazy circles over the shaft once it was free from the warmth of my mouth. The Prince dropped his head back into the pillows and groaned, rutting against nothing when I pulled away.

Just when I thought he was about to take what he wanted, I took him back in my mouth and began blowing him in earnest. In all honesty, I had wanted to see him lose control since he'd first grabbed me at the door, but I enjoyed the give and take.

I watched with rapturous delight as his hands fisted the sheets beneath him and his breaths became shallow and quick. His thighs clenched and released rhythmically and I knew he was getting close to a release. I needed to make the decision quickly if I wanted to end him like this or see how much further he could go.

"Stop," he choked out. "Stop now because this isn't over until I've planted my cock deep within your cunt."

"Careful who you boss around, Your Highness,' I said, pulling away quickly. "This may be your kingdom, but the only commands I follow are those I choose to."

"Is that so?" He stared at me for a moment, his chest heaving and eyes burning with his swollen magic. "Well, we'll just have to see what we can do about that."

With a speed I couldn't possibly track with my eyes, the Prince sat up and grabbed me. He turned and threw me back on the bed so roughly, I bounced several times before he practically pounced on my prone form. His kiss was rough and demanding as his fingers found their way to my core, immediately finding purchase and driving inside me. I gasped and dug my nails into his back and the back of his head as he pumped his fingers in and out of my eager, wanting body.

"So wet," he murmured against my lips. "So eager," he mocked.

"Shut up and fuck me already," I whined.

"As you wish."

Without a moment's delay, the Prince pulled his fingers from my fervent hole and replaced them with his engorged cock in a single, smooth motion. I cried out from the pain and the pleasure, begging him with every unspoken plea for him not to stop until he bottomed out. And, true to his earlier word, he gave me everything that I asked for and more.

HIs arms scooped under me, pressing my chest tightly against his as he paused to give my body time to adjust around him before he began to rock his hips against mine. He trailed bites and kisses along my neck and shoulders as his slow, languid movements hit just the right places within me.

No longer caring who outside heard me, I allowed my whimpers and moans to fill the room and the night beyond the open windows and balcony doors. I panted and rocked my body against his, meeting his thrusts with my own as my pussy tightened and pulsed around his cock.

"That's it, baby, milk my cock."

The Prince pushed himself up on his knees, bracing one hand firmly on my hip and the other carefully against my throat to hold me right where he wanted me. It was a possessive movement that had me immediately falling apart around him. Though I wanted so badly to deny it, his control and command over me was incredibly fucking hot and I craved the power he held.

My magic had been pouring into him this whole time, but as I reached closer to my orgasm, the walls holding the flow steady broke and it came pouring out of me in a torrent along with every dirty word I'd learned in this life and the last. The lamps and candles around the room erupted into towering flames, illuminating the room in blinding white light.

"Fuck," the Prince growled as I felt his own release coming in the way his hands gripped my body and the movement of his hips as they stuttered and faltered. I couldn't feel his seed spill into me, but I knew it was by the way he slammed into me and paused, then slammed into me over and over again.

"Yes, yes..." I moaned in an unholy chant as the powerful thrusts pushed me over my own cliff and I came in a quivering mess around his throbbing cock.

Slowly, the magic around the room died down before the whole inn erupted into flame. The Prince collapsed on top of me, just barely managing to keep his massive form from crushing mine. Our breaths were the only sound in the room and I realized that even the frogs and insects outside had gone silent as if the whole world was holding its breath to see what happened next.

12