Daughter of the Revolution Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You should've stayed home, redcoat. You've awakened a giant," he said in a low growl.

"Father!" Abby's cry rang out from the house. He spun to see her pointing in the distance. A shiver ran down his spine when he saw what he dreaded the most. Two, horse drawn cannon were rapidly approaching!

"Isaac! The caltrops! Spread the caltrops!" he shouted. The slaves sprang into action and began throwing buckets full of the vicious devices on the roadway to impede the horses progress.

George then did the hardest thing he'd ever had to do in his life. He looked up at his dear daughter who was gazing down at him sadly. She knew, and it broke his heart.

"Run, my darling. Run!" he shouted, and watched sadly as she disappeared in an instant. He turned to face his enemy and defend his family and country.

Isaac was a black blur as he ran like the wind around the house to meet his charges at the barn. The three women arrived just as he did. They helped him as he swiftly saddled their mounts and tied down their saddlebags that were already packed with gear for a quick departure. When they were ready, Abby went to him and hugged him then quickly kissed his cheek.

"Thank you, Isaac. Take care of Father, please. I'll come back to make sure you do, I promise!" she said with a sad smile and caressed his black face.

"Yes, Missy. I will. I swear my life on it." He bowed low and kissed her small hand, then turned and ran back to the fighting.

Abby swung up on her horse and took one last look back, not flinching when a cannon ball ripped through the house to knock down a tree behind them. She spurred her mount and together the three brave women made for the green hills of Virginia.

12