Daughters of the Moon Pt. 13

Story Info
Siobhan searches for her lost love.
10.8k words
4.92
1.1k
2

Part 13 of the 14 part series

Updated 03/17/2024
Created 10/21/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
testudo
testudo
138 Followers

Note: Thank you again to Liter Knight for her careful editing!

Chapter 13

Siobhan stood in the practice arena, sword in hand. Gwen had called it a practice sword but it was metal rather than the weighted wooden blades she was used to and it was still slightly sharp. She had removed her Erasad. She felt bad about removing it, but it was bulky and would have slowed her down. She had only been wearing it for an hour or so, just long enough to meet Elaine and for her and Gwen to tell her about Lucy. Elaine had known Carla and Lucy when they had both been human and the prospect of finding her sire's lost sister made Elaine throw herself into the search with an enthusiasm Siobhan found very reassuring.

Gwen faced her from twenty paces away. After Elaine had left Siobhan had nothing to do but wait for her return, and so Gwen had coaxed her into some sword practice.

Gwen went into a loose stance, sword forward, "Alright, lets see what you can do."

Siobhan smiled as her blood began to sing.

Gwen came for her and their swords met with a steely rasp that Siobhan had always loved. They moved smoothly together, swords flicking and testing. They were feeling each other out, getting to know each other's style. It was like a dance, a way to get to know your partner's body, but for a very different purpose. As they fought, Siobhan's respect for her opponent grew. Gwen was the finest swordswoman she had ever faced. Siobhan was considered the best the daughters had to offer, and had only been defeated a handful of times by their most experienced members, but Gwen moved with a practiced skill and a fierce, adaptable style that put them to shame. Siobhan's far greater reach should have given her an advantage, but Gwen fought with an aggressive style that made it hard to use her long arms to their full effect, and Gwen used her lower center of gravity to get under Siobhan's guard and constantly keep her on her back foot.

As they fought Gwen began to speed up, her movements becoming almost a blur. Siobhan struggled to keep up and did her best to predict where Gwen would strike so that she could get ahead of her and compensate for her speed. She succeeded for longer than she expected, but it was an uphill battle and eventually Gwen scored a cut across her thigh. Pain flared in her leg as she stumbled back.

Gwen stopped, "That's blood."

Siobhan fought down a glare as the pain in her leg turned dull.

"You okay?" asked Gwen.

"You're so fast. There was nothing I could do."

"So were you."

"What do you mean?"

"When did you first notice me getting faster?" asked Gwen.

"When you tried that four cut sequence to my legs."

"Oh wow! At that point we were already moving about... let's say three times faster than normal. I was gradually speeding up to see how fast you could go."

Siobhban blinked. She hadn't noticed at all.

"That's amazing! I can't think of any Mircalla other than me that was that fast right after being blooded. And there was something else going on. It felt like you were anticipating my sequences."

"You always try to anticipate what your opponent will do," said Siobhan.

"Truuueeee, but this was different. It didn't feel like you were guessing."

"If you say so."

"Would you like to go again?

Siobhan hesitated. The fight had been exhilarating. Feeling the changes to her body, her new strength, was a welcome distraction to all her woes. She had been so focused on the curse of her new existence she hadn't thought about the new power she now had at her command. She thought of the terrible power Adrian and Gwen had displayed, the rumors she had heard of what the vampires were capable of. She felt a surge of excitement at the idea those powers could be hers. She squashed that excitement ruthlessly. She couldn't afford to be seduced by the blood that had been forced on her. But losing herself in the intricacies of combat was helping her forget what she had lost, what she was still missing.

"Are you sure there's nothing we can do to look for Lucy?" asked Siobhan.

"We will look for her, I promise. But right now we should wait here for Elaine. She knows everyone and she's great at ferreting out gossip. The fastest way to figure out if Lucy is in the camp is to wait here so Elaine can find us faster."

Siobhan looked down at her leg. The wound was gone. She looked up and Gwen was looking at her eagerly. Siobhan realized it mirrored her own anticipation.

"Alright. Alright, perhaps one more."

Gwen smiled, her fangs glinting in the night.

They came together once more and Siobhan lost herself in the motion of body and blade. Gwen was a flickering fire, shifting constantly around her, trying to find a way past her guard. But Siobhan was different now, too. Fighting was making her aware of changes to her body and mind. She had always been coordinated but now she moved with surety and skill beyond anything she had felt before, every movement a perfect distillation of her will. She felt Gwen's intentions in the currents of the air and the play of light across her sword and her own blade moved where it needed to be. Siobhan felt the excitement at her newfound power growing again. She tried to crush it, but as the fight continued it became harder and harder not to enjoy her new strength.

"What are you two doing?" asked Elaine.

They were startled out of their battle fugue and Gwen's guard faltered. Siobhan's control slipped and it was almost as if her sword sought blood even as she tried to fall back Siobhen's sword sliced across Gwen's ribs and she gave a yelp.

"Oh, I'm so sorry."

"That's okay," said Gwen. She windmilled her arm and the wound closed, leaving a pale strip of skin through the slice in her shirt.

"That was poor form on my part," said Siobhan.

"It's fine. It happens," said Gwen.

"You two are fighting? Now?" asked Elaine.

"Well, what were we supposed to do? Play a song?" asked Gwen.

Elaine shook her head. Siobhan had only talked to Elaine briefly, when she had arrived at Gwen's tent, and she wasn't sure how she felt about her. She was charming and genuine but there was a hardness to her that Siobhan was wary of. She reminded Siobhan of her cousin that collected gossip like stones. To be thrown wherever they did the most damage. But when Gwen had requested her grandchild's help Elaine had instantly swung into action, so Siobhan pressed down her unease. Lucy was all that mattered.

"Alright, I didn't find Lucy," said Elaine, "But I did find three other Daughters of Morgen that were captured and made thralls by members of the house. Maybe one of them knows something?"

Siobhan had to fight to keep her voice calm, "Where are they? Are they alright?"

"I didn't get a lot of details but I'm sure they're fine..." Elaine hesitated "... they are all going to be blooded though. Maybe not right away. It's up to each Mircalla to decide when to sire but Sophia made it clear they are all to join the house."

Siobhan felt a surge of fury. Each of her sisters was going to go through the same indignity, the same violation, that had been thrust upon her, and there was nothing she could do. If she tried to intervene, her new house would turn on her and her tenuous status among the blooded was the only thing that was going to allow her to save her love when she was found.

Elaine must have seen the helpless anger on her face because she swallowed nervously,

"Um... I found out who was going to... who each of your sisters are... are with, so I figured you could check on them while I start sniffing around the Draculs and the Savons."

Gwen blew out a breath, "God, I didn't even think about the Savons. That would be horrible."

Elaine nodded, "Yeah, hopefully we can avoid that disaster. And maybe you could go talk to your Gevudan friend later. I don't know any Gevudan."

"That sounds like a plan," said Gwen.

Siobhan nodded. She grabbed her Erasad and began to wrap it in a simpler wrap she could manage herself. Elaine and Gwen exchanged an uneasy look.

"Umm... maybe you should stay here and I'll go talk to them," said Gwen

Siobhan finished wrapping herself in her Erasad. She looked at her adopted sire and tilted her head, "Do you really believe I would do that? Just sit in your tent while you search for her?"

"It's just... you're going through a lot right now. I don't want you to be hurt."

"And you think my sisters would hurt me?"

"Seeing them might," said Gwen.

Gwen could very well be right. She could imagine the disgust in her sister's eyes, judging what she had let happen. A mirror to her own loathing. And she would have to look back at them, powerless to save them from the same fate. She didn't hesitate, though. She knew what she had to do.

"You may be right, but it is necessary," She said.

Gwen nodded, "Alright... alright but have another drink first. We burned a good chunk of blood sparring and you'll want to do this on a full stomach."

Gwen grabbed a bottle from her sword bag and flipped it to her. Gwen deliberately flipped it by the neck so it spun end over end, flickering in the mage lights that lit the camp. Elaine yelped but Siobhan caught it perfectly, with a solid smack as the glass came to rest in her palm. Siobhan felt another surge of pride at her new prowess before she was able to crush it. She looked down at the bottle, blood taken from some peasant or townsmen in Cambria. Another feast for her to enjoy.

She unstopped the bottle and tilted her head back to drink.

...

Gwen led Siobhan through the camp. It bustled around them, still a strangely familiar tableau, so similar to the military camps of her people except that it was richer. The tents were of finer quality and everyone was better dressed. Siobhan watched a pair of vampires glide smoothly by, dressed in feastday finery. Her father's banner lords would never wear such fine clothes in the field.

"Okay," Elaine said, "your sister... that's really confusing since we refer to other house members as sisters... your sister Niamh, was captured by Olivia. Olivia's alright. She's a little wild but she's not obnoxious and she has a decent head on her shoulders. Good in a fight too, her mom's a famous warrior and she's a chip off the old block."

Siobhan didn't find that very reassuring. Niamh was one of her most reserved sisters. Quiet, efficient. She was one of their best scouts, as if she carried her quiet around with her like a cloak. Siobhan had heard she used to be more joyful, but since her husband had died her joy had died with him. The only time Niamh showed any happiness was playing her fiddle. She poured all the words she wouldn't say into the music at their celebrations.

Siobhan sped up, her long legs eating the ground. Gwen gave a yelp and then caught up to her. Absently, Siobhan noted Gwen was using her speed to match Siobhan's long strides.

In another minute they were at a large tent, one of the nicer ones she had seen. The tent flap was tightly closed. There was a small rope coming out of the top of the tent flap and pinned to the side of the entrance. Gwen pulled it and a silver bell tinkled.

The seconds crawled by.

"I'm sure Niamh's fine," said Gwen, "Olivia's a little airheaded but she's a good person. She'll treat her well."

Siobhan didn't want to think about how foolish someone Gwen thought was airheaded could be.

"I need to see her for myself," said Siobhan.

"I know just... it'll be fine," said Gwen. But she sounded a little less sure every time she said it.

Just as Siobhan had resolved to tear her way into the tent, the flap opened and a beautiful blond vampire peeked her head out, keeping the flap as closed as possible. She looked a little flustered.

"Gwen? What are you doing here? You and..." Olivia looked at her and her eyes widened. Siobhan was used to people finding her intimidating because of her height, but she realized her new scars probably added to the effect.

"Oh my," said Olivia. "I don't think we met?"

"This is Siobhan. She's my... second childe..." Gwen trailed off, the reminder of the burden that had been dropped on her distracting her for a moment "...it's complicated. The point is she's another of the daughters that was captured. We heard you took one of her sisters as a thrall and we wanted to talk to her."

"Oh. Oh, I see," said Olivia. Her eyes were wide, "Niamh's a little busy now though. Maybe you could come back later?"

"Is she alright?" asked Siobhan. She tried to keep her voice calm but she sounded too calm to her own ears. The kind of calm that presaged violence.

"She's fine, she's fine! I just blooded her and she's still... adjusting."

"You turned her?" asked Gwen. She sounded shocked.

"I did!" Said Olivia, pride temporarily overcoming her anxiety, "Sophia gave me permission. But it's been a difficult transition for her. I didn't have a lot of time to prepare her and..."

Siobhan shoulder checked Olivia. She yelped as she was slammed bodily out of the way, falling to the floor of the tent. Siobhan walked past her and entered the tent. It was very dim but Siobhan had no trouble seeing. There was a moan and Siobhan followed the sound to a man on the floor. He was wearing a soldier's trousers with a belt with the colors of clan Kinfalad on it. He had no other clothes and his well muscled torso was pale. There was a naked woman kneeling next to him. Her arms were draped over his chest and her face was shoved in the crook of his neck. There were moist sounds coming from her and the man moaned again.

"Niamh," said Siobhan, her voice a raw whisper.

Niamh jerked up with a gasp. Her face and chest were covered in blood but her fangs were white and shining. She took another long, gasping breath and she blinked. Her eyes were a slightly brighter shade of blue than before.

"Siobhan?" said the new vampire.

"Oh god, Niamh."

"No. Don't..." Niamh covered her breasts... "Don't look at me like that. I was so hungry. I didn't know I could be this hungry. And..." she looked down. "...He's good. He tastes so, so good and he makes me feel... It's been so long since my husband... I forgot what it felt like..."

Siobhan took a step forward... "Niamh..." She felt like she should say something, but no words came out. There was nothing she could say to make this right.

"No, no don't say it like that!" said Nianh "I didn't mean it. I didn't! I had to... I...I..."

Niamh looked down at the soldier, her face soaked with guilt, but then she shuddered. She closed her eyes as if in pain. After a moment she gave a choked cry and threw herself forward. There was a wet squelching sound and the man moaned once more.

Then the smell hit Siobhan. It smelled heavenly. It smelled like the king's feast table, it smelled like the promise of good sex. Siobhan took a step toward the blood and her mouth opened of its own accord. Her upper jaw grew heavy as her fangs extended.

Niamh looked up again at her approach. When she saw Siobhan's fangs. She looked hopeful

"Did you want some?"

Siobhan spun and ran from the tent, almost knocking Olivia down again. She gasped in the clear night air, taking huge breaths to try and clear the smell. But the memory lingered, digging into her like a splinter. Her fangs were still out, demanding to be quenched in flesh, bathed in blood. Siobhan brought her hand up and bit into her own wrist. The pain of her fangs piercing her was greater than she imagined. She fell to her knees and screamed. The scream was muffled by her hand but her body still shook with it. She heard the muffled scream echo into the night like the sound of trumpets.

"Siobhan!"

Gwen was kneeling in front of her. Trying to hold her close.

"It's going to be okay."

Siobhan shoved her Gwen and she went flying backwards, tumbling to the ground. She stood, towering over her adopted sire, who stared up at her in shock.

"Stop saying that! You keep saying it but it won't be okay. Nothing will ever be okay again. Do you see what she did to her?!"

"We can help her. I swear I've seen worse."

"I don't care! You're all demons and you damned us. You've damned us!"

Olivia ran up, "Are you alright?"

Siobhan whirled, grabbed Olivia by the throat, and lifted, holding her in the air.

"What have you done? What have you done to her?"

Olivia stared down at her, wide eyed. The starry sky was a halo around her as Siobhan stared up at her. Siobhan's teeth were bared and her fangs were still extended

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I was trying to save her," said Olivia. Her words were choked by Siobhan's grip on her throat.

Siobhan looked up at Olivia and the blood told her exactly where to bite to tear her throat out. A quick twist and pull, her blood whispered, and the prey's head would come right off.

Then Gwen's hand was on her arm and a wave of calm washed over her, smothering her rage and her despair and leaving her calm, like her mind was in the eye of a hurricane. Siobhan recognized a shadow of the same power Sophia had used on her.

"Put her down," said Gwen.

Siobhan lowered Olivia to the ground. Olivia was strangely calm too. Siobhan realized whatever Gwen had done to her had affected Olivia as well.

"I'm so sorry," Said Olivia, "She was shot in the liver. Humans need so many organs. There weren't enough healers and the nurse said she only had hours to live. When she changed it was so beautiful but after... I thought.... I thought fresh blood would make her feel better but when she 's done feeding she just keeps crying. I don't know what to do."

"Olivia, where's your sire?" asked Gwen.

"She's dead," Olivia's voice was very flat. Gwen's power was very strong.

"Oh no, I'm so sorry," said Gwen.

"Thank you. She died in the battle. They said one of those cannonballs hit her. It was very quick. My sister and my niece are dead too. They were with the Dragon."

"Oh no. Oh no I'm so, so sorry."

Underneath the numbing blanket of Gwen's power, Siobhan felt her anger begin to fade.

"I thought... I'm the last of my line. I need to honor my mother's legacy, and if I die... Niamh was so strong, she was dying but she never showed any fear or pain. She... she's so much like mom. I thought she could survive even if I don't."

Olivia's eyes got a little red rimmed. Even through the smothering cloak of Gwen's calm.

"You're not going to die," said Gwen, "And you're going to be a good sire. I'll help you."

"You will?"

"Yes! I'm a little busy right now, but... look, you need to find a sister that knows the Scepter. or a Dracul if you have to. They can make her forget all this. Everything that happened after the battle."

"But when I turned her it was so wonderful. I want her to remember that," said Olivia.

"You'll still have the connection of your blood. That's what really matters. She'll trust you even if she doesn't understand why. And she'll remember later. The Scepter's influence will fade over time and she'll remember when she's ready. But right now she needs time to adjust. Once you've reset things you need to bottle feed her,"

"But bottled blood is so disappointing! I want her to feel good. It will make things easier."

"No, that's not how it works. This is a very devout country. These girls were raised on guilt and shame. Anything that makes her feel good is going to make her feel worse. She needs to be eased into her new life. Very gently. Let her decide what she's ready to feed from a person. You can't just throw prisoners at her. She needs to come to terms with her hunger in her own way."

"Okay... okay..." said Olivia, she sounded tense and uncertain.

"And you need to find something she loved from when she was human. She needs something to hold on to from her old life."

"Music," said Siobhan.

They both looked to her.

"Niamh loves to play the fiddle. It was her greatest joy."

Olivia smiled, some of her uncertainty fading, "I've always wanted to learn to play an instrument."

testudo
testudo
138 Followers