Dawn of a New Day

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Jeff, that was totally Shana's doing. I would normally have been dressed much differently."

"Dawn, it doesn't matter whose doing it was; it was as I just described it. And it wasn't Shana in the dress, it was you."

I wasn't sure how to react to what he'd said. The lady in the dress was very different from the everyday Dawn. I sighed, trying to look Jeff in the eye. As much as I tried to shirk the responsibility for being dressed as I was, it was me that was in the dress. I didn't want to be seen as a dress with a woman inside it.

"I don't want to embarrass you," he continued, "even though I know, that's what I'm doing. But, I'm just being honest, and by the time I empty this second glass, I may be more honest yet."

That made me shiver slightly. I wasn't sure exactly how his honesty would express itself, and I wasn't sure I was prepared to deal with whatever it might be. I mean, he wasn't making a blatant attempt to seduce me--I'm sure he would be more subtle than that, but he was leaving no doubt about how he was seeing me...and maybe how he wanted to see me in the future. That word want?, with the question mark after it, kept rattling around in my mind, almost like it was pressing me for an answer. I probably needed to make things clearer to Jeff, but each time I thought of trying, nothing happened.

"I've always appreciated honesty and expected it from my friends and people I work with." I paused, not sure how to continue.

"And you're afraid of that from me?"

"Yes, I am, and maybe for reasons you don't fully understand."

"Fair enough. I've known you for only hours, and I'm not a psychologist, and there are many, many things I don't understand. How about this? You help me get to know you better, and then maybe I'll better understand those reasons."

He seemed to know exactly how to get to me. No was not an acceptable answer to his question. Plus, there was my question as well.

"Yes," I answered. "Fair enough." Now, did I wait for him to probe, or should I go ahead and fill him in? And what would I tell him without sounding...pathetic? I still had time to decide.

"But," he began with a smile, "I stand by what I said about the dress...and you in it."

"I do appreciate you saying that, Jeff. I spend time trying to look nice, and I guess that sometimes it works. You're very kind to say it."

Maybe Jeff assumed that since I was dressed the way I was, that I was "on the make" or something. But he had been very polite in not pushing the issue. He wanted to learn more about me, and he wasn't alone. I needed to do the same...about myself.

"My glass is empty," Jeff said with a chuckle. "I think I'll go outside and cool off again."

I raised an eyebrow at the possible double entendre.

He laughed, put on his coat, and went out the door to do more shoveling.

Despite what my brain was telling me, I couldn't stop myself from going to the window and watching him. He seemed to be a contradiction, a doctor who you'd expect to avoid physical labor, but outside for the second time today, struggling to clear a path to the street.

I noticed I was feeling a tiny bit more relaxed and debated about fixing myself another hot toddy. Again, I decided the result of doing that might not be the most desirable result. Maybe some hot chocolate? Using everything available, I managed to stand, get the crutches into place, and navigate a wobbly path to the kitchen. I heated the water, spooned the powder into the cup...and noted the lonely bourbon bottle still on the counter.

It was an unusual time--weird, might be more descriptive. I wasn't a daytime drinker, particularly because I was usually working. I wasn't working today...and I'd never tasted bourbon in hot chocolate. It was simple to add a little kick to the chocolate brew.

What wasn't simple was getting back to the couch with the crutches and without spilling the chocolate. I decided to experiment, putting both crutches under my right arm and holding the cup in my left. Clumsily, I made it, bringing a smile to my face.

I finished my cup of chocolate brew and struggled to my feet again to check on Jeff's progress. As I passed the door on the way to the window, it swung open, bumping a very unstable me. I lurched as I lost my balance...right into Jeff's arms which squeezed me tightly against him.

Head in my hair, he said, "Dawn, I'm so very sorry. I didn't know you were there." He pulled his head back and, from about six inches away, asked, "Are you okay?

With his body pressed against mine and his eyes and face just inches away...and the bourbon having had time to work its way through my system to my brain, I knew I was okay, even if I wasn't willing to admit it. I blinked.

"Jeff, I admit I added a little bourbon to my hot chocolate, and I'm feeling it. So, no, I'm not okay, if you know what I mean."

"So, you're saying that this is my chance to take advantage of the lady of the manor?"

"Yes, it is, but if you're Sir Galahad, you're far too noble to take that advantage."

"Well spoken, Lady Dawn. But, let me transport you to the couch in your royal carriage."

For the third time, I was in his arms as he carried me across the room and set me carefully on the couch. He was two up on Sal in that category after just a few hours with me. Sal had had nineteen years.

He sat down and patted his lap. "Foot, please."

I wrinkled my brow, but his look was adamant.

"I'm going to unwrap it, check a little, then rewrap it."

It made sense, so my foot was quickly in his lap. He carefully unwrapped it, pressed here and there, asking for my reaction. With his last check, his finger slid across the sole of my foot. I squealed and jerked.

"Are we a little ticklish?" he asked, a big smile on his face.

"I don't know about you, but I am," I said as he did it again. I squealed and jerked. Now he held his finger by my foot again.

"Lets try that again."

"Jeff, don't you dare!"

But it was too late, and he drew the finger slowly along the length of my foot. By the time he reached my toes, I was laughing hysterically.

"Why are you torturing me?" I said, a pleading tone to my voice.

"You're always so calm and in control. It's good fun to see you this way."

"It's not at all."

One more drag of his finger, more hysterical laughter, and he stopped.

"Wow, I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone quite that ticklish. I'd better rewrap your ankle, or I'll be tempted to do it again."

"Please don't," I said and realized that my voice had a pleading sound to it. But before I could say more, Jeff answered my plea.

"I apologize," he said, looking contrite. "I won't pretend I didn't enjoy that--at your expense. But the last one was purely selfish on my part. Sorry again."

If I were going, to be honest, I'd have to tell him it had been years since I'd been tickled like that...and I had enjoyed it. Even now, I was wondering how I'd have responded if the tickling had progressed to places I was even more ticklish than my feet. My ribs, my neck. Was I longing for that to happen even as he tickled my feet? Jeff probably didn't realize it, but tickling was the right near the top of most erotic things that could be done to me. My nipples were hard under the floppy sweatshirt, and there was another reaction as well that I might have to take care of. What should I say?

"Don't be sorry," I said rather tentatively. "I'm just horribly ticklish, and I'd have to be a complete nerd to not know that, well, men find that..." My face was bright red, I knew, and I didn't know how to finish what I'd started.

"And I'm a man," he said, looking right at me. "But, neither of us are teenagers any longer, and I should have enough respect for you not to take advantage of you in that way. I surprised myself when I did that, and I promise not to do it again." He took a deep breath. "Unless you ask me to, of course."

His last comment destroyed the tension, and we both laughed as my mind processed the possibility of my asking him to do it. I remembered some teenage frollicking and how exciting and fun it was. But I was forty years old now. Did that eliminate the possibility of frolicking and other enjoyable things?

"Why don't I take a shower? I'd almost forgotten how it feels to sweat." He carefully lifted my foot and stood.

"I doubt that. The ER has to supply some tense moments."

"That's very true, it does. But this is different. I sweat at the gym, but that's different from actual physical labor. I'm not sure how to explain it."

He stood looking down at me, the goofy outfit he was wearing totally inappropriate for an accomplished ER doctor. He wasn't movie-star handsome, but with that smile and the personality behind it, he was good looking. I had to say something, despite my common sense telling me not to.

"Take your shower, and there's a robe that might fit you in my closet. When you get back...you can check my ankle again, and maybe throw in a tickle or two." I'd said it.

"I promised that I wouldn't do that again...unless you asked me to. We'll see what happens when I get back, but thank you so much for saying that." He nodded and winked, and headed for the bathroom.

Had I crossed over that line? Did I have no choice but to let things progress? What would Jeff do now? Maybe I should sit here and plan dinner while he showered.

He came back in my robe, and my frazzled mind tried to imagine if he had anything on besides the robe. I didn't find out as we talked, prepared dinner, and watched television a little before he got serious once more.

"I said earlier that I wanted to learn more about you. I'd love for you to share, but we've known each other less than twenty-four hours, and I may be expecting way too much."

"Jeff, you're not. I hope we're not two ships passing in the night, even though it seems that could be the case. It has been twenty-some very pleasant hours being together with you. And I'll be happy to share.

"I grew up in a very loving family, dated a few guys through high school, and then met Sal my freshman year of college. It just felt right from the first date, and we married when we were both twenty. It was a great marriage...I thought. No, that's not fair. It was a good marriage for all those years. I wanted a family, and we had Shana very quickly. For Sal, that was a family, and he wasn't interested in more children. It didn't make me happy, but I had a daughter, and we grew very close.

"Then, a couple of years ago, things seemed to change. I wasn't sure what it was or what caused it, but Sal was different. Then, he told me he wanted a divorce so he could marry the twenty-five-year-old he had been having an affair with. That explained a lot of things. So, we divorced, and Sal was more than fair about the settlement. He'd done well in business and investing as well. I got this house, the Mercedes, and a big pile of money, way more than I'd have gotten if he hadn't offered it."

"Guilty conscience?" Jeff tossed in.

"That's what my attorney said, and he was probably right. Whatever, it left me setup fairly comfortably.

"This is a very nice house, and you seem to have survived quite well."

Yes I have, and that was my problem at the moment. I smiled at Jeff, wondering what he was thinking and not saying. And if he said it, how would I reply?

"I have, surprising myself a little. I had no idea what I was in for."

"But your daughter has other ideas?"

I wondered immediately if Jeff was using that to force me into a commitment. He had been subtle and polite but also clear about his feelings. Maybe I needed to hear more.

"She's nineteen and a hopeless romantic. But tell me something about yourself now."

"I'm boring. I got my undergrad degree and decided to go to medical school. There was a girl then, and we were exploring whether we wanted to be together. She decided that med school and together were incompatible and said goodbye. So, I submerged myself in the internship and residency and became the best doctor I could be. I don't want to sound arrogant or anything like that, but doctors can be bimbo magnets."

I laughed out loud at that since, over the years, I was familiar with a couple of those bimbos. I did think it was interesting that both of us shared our "relationship" history, with the rest of our lives filling in the gaps. Maybe it was human nature to do that.

We talked more, then watched the eleven o'clock news. It wasn't overly encouraging as the clearing of the streets was behind schedule. It sounded like there'd be at least two more days before we could expect to see a plow. Jeff said he'd call tomorrow to line up the tow truck.

He helped me to my room, what was under the robe left to my imagination. I'm sure he wondered the same thing about my dress.

I arranged the covers and my foot pillow, and was very comfortable...at least physically. But the tickling was still on my mind. I'd always been a, well, sexual person, I guess. I looked forward to those special times with Sal. They were what I wanted...and needed. I had wondered how I'd deal with that after the divorce, but there hadn't been a problem...until today. When Jeff had tickled my foot, not accidentally, but very purposefully the last two times, it was all I could do to keep from pulling off my clothing and telling him to take me.

Here I lay in my bed, thinking those thoughts, and Jeff just yards away. If I called he'd be here in seconds, and if I invited him into my bed... What did I want? And did I really know what he wanted? If I got through the next few days, could we begin again, only more normally. Maybe going to dinner. I could just explain that's what I wanted. Or I could call for him right now.

My mind was working, picturing things I wasn't sure I wanted to see. Jeff coming into my room and stripping off his clothes, his erection pointed right at me. Jeff, pulling off my clothes and jumping in bed with me, our naked bodies wanting and needing each other.

I made myself stop those thoughts and began thinking about the snow outside, his car unable to move in the driveway, more shoveling of the snow, searching for my car, probably buried in the snow where the party had taken place. I remembered dancing with...what was his name?...Sonny wasn't it. What fun that had been, and it had been just fun. Nothing like I was going through now. Maybe I would strangle Shana the next time I saw her...or maybe hug her and thank her for pushing me out of hiding.

I needed to pee already, and I lifted the covers and backed out as I'd done last night...almost. My right foot hit the floor, and pain streaked up my leg. I collapsed in a pile, and before I could right myself, the bedroom door burst open, and Jeff was there on his knees beside me.

"I know you don't want to do it, but maybe you should call me when you have to..."

Or maybe I should call you for something else. Guh. His having on only boxers wasn't helping anything, and I couldn't keep myself from looking. He's said he went to the gym and looking at him, it was obvious that he did. The curly hair on his chest and legs matched the dark curls on his head. Even in the glow of the nightlight, his dark complexion was obvious and very becoming. All I could do was look at him helplessly.

"It really annoys you to need help, doesn't it?" he asked, taking hold of my hand.

I nodded. "I wasn't like that before when Sal was around, but it's all changed in the last year. I've become very proud of myself for being self-sufficient. It's been fun. And now this ankle...and you."

"And that damnable snow," he added, laughing.

Yes, that damnable snow. Without so much of it, he'd have brought me home, gotten me settled, and disappeared. Maybe he'd have helped rescue my car, but nothing more. But the way he was looking at me now made me wonder if he was reading my mind, hearing all the thoughts that involved him.

"Well," he said with a chuckle as he stood, "maybe we should get you to the bathroom before there's a second accident." A huge smile covered his face.

"Are you enjoying embarrassing me?" I asked as he helped me to my feet.

"We've become friends, I think, and friends can do that without getting angry or feeling hurt. It's a form of familiarity."

My pajamas had long sleeves and long pants, but they were very thin, and I think we were experiencing another form of familiarity as his arm was around me, helping me toward the bathroom. And hopping the way I was, other parts of me were hopping as well, and, even in the dim light, it had to be obvious. But, after what I'd been thinking, maybe it was appropriate.

He helped me get to the toilet, and for a split second, I thought he might just stand there while I relieved myself. Of course, he didn't, leaving the room and closing the door. I wasn't sure how soundproof the door might be...I was still modest enough that I wasn't eager for him to hear this part of my life.

Getting everything together when I was finished, I used common sense and called, "Okay," through the door. The smile on his face when he crossed the room and put his arm around me again had me blushing. And, when I glanced down at his boxers, I couldn't contain the grin that crept onto my face.

Almost without thinking, I said, "Oh."

"I'm sorry," he said. "I just wasn't ready for..."

"And I hadn't planned on you seeing these pajamas. They're not G-rated."

"Dawn, they aren't XXX-rated either, but they might be a little on the R-side."

"Now we're both embarrassed. That seems appropriate."

As he was helping me into bed, it was obvious that the slight bulge in his boxers had grown to a prominent tent and was struggling to free itself through the fly. After all the thinking I'd done before I'd fallen out of bed, that huge tent was having its effect on me, and it appeared I was having an effect on it.

"Well, friends can be embarrassed in front of each other...and we are for sure. But, anyway, did your ankle survive everything? Let me take a look."

He uncovered my foot and removed the wrap. I wasn't sure that was necessary, and I wondered. He pressed here and there. One hand was on the bottom of my foot when I made my decision.

"Tickle it," I said softly, getting a slow turn of the head from Jeff.

"Dawn." He paused, fixing me with an intense look. "I'd love to do that, but only if you're sure."

"Tickle it...and me," I responded, my eyes never leaving his.

I could see his chest rising and falling as he bit his lower lip.

"Give me your other foot so I don't hurt this one."

I tossed the covers back and held up my other foot. He took it in both hands and lifted it to his face...and began kissing and licking the sole. My body responded, jerking as the laughter began.

"Jeff, stop, I can't stand it," I squealed through the laughter, but he knew that wasn't true and didn't slow at all. My body was shaking and jerking and was being overcome by a sexual arousal I'm not sure I'd ever experienced before. He suddenly stopped kissing my foot.

"You said, 'tickle it...and me,'" he said. "Are you ready?"

All I could do was look at him, my eyes half-closed, my breath escaping in gasps. I knew that was the answer he was looking for.

His hands went under the hem of my pajama tops and brushed up my sides. My body reacted even more dramatically to that. In seconds, his lips were on my stomach, and he was kissing me over and over.

I felt the bed move and opened my eyes. He had hold of the hem of the pajama tops, and when I didn't protest, he lifted them, covering my face and exposing my breasts.

"This is heaven, Dawn. From the moment I saw you in that dress with your back bare, I couldn't stop myself from dreaming about this."

I felt a kiss on one nipple and then the other. I scrambled to remove the top totally so I could watch what was happening. Jeff was now on his knees and reaching for the waistband of the bottoms. Just hours ago, there was no way this was going to happen, but a clumsy fall and some revealing boxer shorts had changed everything. As the bottoms began to descend, I knew I was beyond blushing and just wanted him to hurry. When they passed my hips and were at my knees, I knew what he was seeing.