Deathless Reign: Ch. 11

Story Info
The burden of responsibility is a heavy one.
4.7k words
4.78
1.2k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Deathless Reign

Chapter 11

By Noobwriter96

*-*-*(Author's Note to Readers): Sorry for the long delay, I have taken a bit of break from writing as of late. I started out this project to write a chapter a day since I've had trouble finishing any of my projects due to my nitpickings. Instead of just pushing through, and not write and edit at the same time. Well, this chapter is probably my longest one to date due to my nitpickings. I'd start working on this chapter, only to stop and get bogged down and be frustrated. The cycle repeated itself for several weeks. With that said, thank you to those who kept on reading to this point. I feel refreshed and ready to restart my work, once more. I'll try to stick to a schedule as best I could to finish this project. *-*-*

"What should we tell the village?" asked one of Blanche's hunters, worry lacing her voice.

"Nothing, yet. Until we can be certain," Four limp bodies of hare hang from Blanche's belt while another hunter carried a pair of pheasants. The meat would go well with the boiled tubers and they would go to sleep with such a hearty meal. In years past, these could only feed a family of four, not an entire village. Small game had become so scarce that this meager haul would have been cause for celebration amongst them. They had scoured the better part of a day of the nearby forest hunting these and Blanche had decided to go further deep than the rest, having spot a pheasant. She caught the pheasant but had also caught sight of something more troubling that now gnawed at her insides.

As they rounded the last hill and into the last leg of their journey return, Blanche turned to her hunters and said, "Not a word you hear?" bearing down her eyes into and each person's soul.

A murmur of agreement spread among them as each went on their way. When Blanche came back from the hunt, much of the village was in a commotion but it was filled with oohs and giggles, one of exult and laughter. It seemed the girls had come back bringing a great haul of mushrooms from the general murmur of the crowd.

"What happened here?" Blanche asked. A gathered crowd like this would have been cause for concern these days but from the general mood of laughter, instead of a widespread panic, it somewhat calmed her nerves and eased her worries. At the very least it made her breathe much easier.

"It seems they were attacked," answered Thora from the back. Blanche's neck snapped into place, heart ready to burst out of her chest, "Attacked?"

Thora gave a noncommittal shrug, "The guardian protected them, slayed a giant and all that," as if it was of no consequence.

"What?" no small amount of incredulity in Blanche's voice. A giant?

"From what they say, it seems a Deadwood giant had found its way in the grove last winter and they woke it when they foraged for mushrooms there. The entire village is in a fuss, the undead took the thing head on," the usually nonchalant Thora actually sounded quite impressed with a slight lilt in her tone that could have been easily missed by anyone who was a stranger.

The familiar form of the acolyte came into view, fair haired and with her usual fur cloak. Ayleth had become more reasonable and reliable these days, snapped out of her religious fervor, Blanche went to her for confirmation on what happened on their escapade despite the wear and tear on her spirits, "Ayleth, is this true?"

"It is. No one got hurt aside from a smear of dirt here and there," she reassured Blanche. Blanche noticed she seemed flustered. Cheeks slightly red, as was the top of her ears, almost as if she was having a fever. But she seemed upright and standing steadily, so Blanche shook it off as having an excitable day.

"That's....that's good," Blanche cast around, everyone seemed to be in even better spirits. Mushrooms and meat to go with the stale tubers that they have been eating for months on end. She scratched her head, perhaps she needs to be more grateful, as the sight of the wall surrounding almost half of the village. was near its completion with the rate it was going. It was an impressive construction, that made Blanche sleep easier at night.

Blanche hadn't felt this good in a long while, to be at ease and not be drowned in endless woes that seemed crushing from the mere weight of it. She was, by no means the official leader of the village. None of them were, they just try live and get over one problem at a time. But most often than not, Blanche found herself at the helm somehow, steering the course of their lives away from disaster.

The undead who called himself Reign, Blanche had her doubts about the man and tried her best to not have any sort of dealings with him face to face. Now, with the number of deeds he had done that made her life easier, she was feeling quite a bit shameful. He had proven himself quite to be an indispensable asset and it was high time Blanche must give her thanks to him. She has a feeling she was going to need him with another upcoming problem that had just started gnawing at her insides.

"Where is he by the way?" Blanche asked the acolyte, as the villagers prepared for that night's supper with great anticipation and jubilation.

"Hmph?" Ayleth looked back towards the outer fields, looking to and fro, "He came in just after us, I'm certain of it. Maybe he went to find some materials for the wall? He said something about making a gate of some sorts to replace that boulder he put."

"Ah, right. That," That completely slipped Blanche's mind, eyeing the massive rock that was put in place where the main path of the village goes through the wall, "I'll have a word with him about that."

At least it won't be awkward.

Blanche and Reign shared something in that regard, and that was their distaste for large gathering of any social occurrence. She sighed and started down the path to the outer fields. As Blanche walked farther and farther, the drone of the women began to be more subdued as she neared the desolated outskirts of the village, the winter winds blew past the empty husks of wooden frame, making them creak and groan. The sight of the bare empty fields dominated her view for at least five hundred yards in any direction and not farther from them was the wall Reign erected.

As she surveyed the great empty land where nothing grew, she felt an immense weariness in her bones. The feeling of emptiness and loneliness as she bore the great weight of much of the village's woes. She never wanted this role, she could have simply kept quiet and let others take her place. But one way or another she found herself at the reigns, worrying and toiling to prevent any disaster.

Another great gust of wind picked up from the fields and blew at her straight on, the howling emptiness somewhat calming and haunting at the same time. Deciding to bury her weariness deep within, she sucked a deep breath and went forth. She peered around the slopes and began her search for their supposed guardian. She surveyed the great earth wall that Reign erected, which he had toiled there for days without rest. She scratched her head, looking left and right but not finding the man. She did not know where he stayed other than laboring in the boundaries of the village, so she took her search near the abandoned structures near the fields. Maybe he had taken a rest of sorts?

She had just rounded another empty husk when she saw in passing his figure.

It was a spot that was quite easy to miss, amidst what had been village's storehouses. It was ill kempt and have not been in use for years now, with the fields not producing any yield. She was about to announce herself, rounding the corner of the clay walls, when she caught sight of a rather lascivious act.

Instinct told her she was seeing something that she shouldn't have. Her body moved on her own, years of hunting in the forest had honed her instinct to hide and peer just enough not to alert and give away her position. Her eyes widened and brows nearly shot up at the sight that greeted her. Reign's pallor had changed from dead pale to flustering red. Veins bulged heavily from his neck to his forehead as if he was in great discomfort. But most notorious of all would be his blatant display as he gripped with tightening ferocity of his manhood in his hand, stroking away with the fury of a pent-up bull. She half expected him foaming at the mouth.

What was this? Isn't he an undead? And what the hell was with his cock? The thoughts rushed to her mind as she crossed her legs just from the mere sight of his prick, thighs quaking instinctively as her throat went dry from the mere bulging rage of his member. Damn thing looked harder than stone and if she were to smash a rock on it, she would not be surprised if the rock would be the one to break.

Oddest of all was that he didn't look like an undead anymore. As if life came rushing back to his body with great and utter violence. She had only seen such discoloration from men in great anger as his hands were a blur of motion stroking his cock at such speed. A great burst of foamy froth erupted in gouts from the tip of his phallus, streaming with such force it landed yards away into the air. This was no simple gushing of desire of brief spurts, but a flood of jism that coated the ground in front of him. From the great volume of virile liquid that lay before him, Blanche deduced that this was not the first round of his eruption.

Just what the hell was going? This was no simple youthful dalliance but something more entwined with his supernatural malady. Seeing him done, Blanche walked out and she'd be lying if she didn't take some measure of wicked mirth at seeing a man with his pants down, literally, especially as someone as stoic and seemingly without faults such as Reign.

"God damn woman!" he barked at her sudden arrival.

She crossed her arms and finally got to see an actual emotion in his otherwise stoic face: Embarrassment. "WHAT.ARE.YOU.DOING?" Blanche enunciated every word.

Feeling silly like some hormonal teen with his trousers low. Blood would have rushed to his ears and cheeks if his heart had still beat.

"Still, even in death it seems boys will be boys huh," She jested.

"It's...it's not that. It doesn't work that way," Reign sighed. Blanche couldn't help but grin. He was as expressive of his emotions as a rock and to see some semblance of humanity in his deathly pallor made Blanche endeared to the man.

"It's more of a curse than a condition," Reign began, unable to meet her eyes as he still slumped against the rubble of the storehouse, "My undeath affects me in more ways than one. The same powers that make me walk the land such as I am, also corrupted a portion of my soul. The animal side of every man. Every time I consume a large amount of the Deathlight, it would grow in power and stir like some beast hungry for anything," Blanche was surprised to see this side of their supposed invincible protector. She realized how young his features were rather than that near-constant grim scowl he possessed. He tends to act much older than he was. But it was that almost helplessness, now apparent in his eyes, that made Blanche asked herself how old was he when he died. She was certain he was much younger than her when he died.

"Worst case scenario, I go into a rampage," he continued then as if looking for the right words, "It needs to be...tempered, from time to time." He gave her a knowing look that says she'd figure it out, "Hence, this scenario we have come ourselves into," the young man ended with a surrender.

Blanche had hoped to avoid any awkwardness but this was the most awkward scenario that defied her reasoning. The silence droned on and she felt the urged to end it as fast as possible.

"So......are you well now?" she continued, unsurely.

"To be honest, I think this might take some time," There just wasn't any fight in him as he said those words. This was worrying for Blanche. Reign, the almost-invincible friendly undead who could go toe-to-toe with a Deadwood giant, sounding defeated.

"H-how do you mean?" Blanche inquired, taking up another problem to solve without thinking of herself, already half-regretting the decision as soon as she spoke it.

"Blanche," Reign said with all seriousness in his tone, "This was but the fourth time I came one after another. And still, I feel like some hormonal teen ready to go for another round. I could barely walk with this thing and even now, my darker half wishes to break free from the prison I hold him in."

"How was the symptoms alleviated the first time?" she insisted.

"I......had help," Reign replied looking away and into a speck of dirt below.

"From who? No, don't tell me, its Ayleth isn't it?" His silence confirmed her suspicions. It was hard to believe that the pious acolyte was even capable of such a thing. What was the extent of her involvement?

There was no need of telling what Ayleth might have done. Blanche felt like slumping down on the ground as she was not the only one sacrificing. She could only guess as to what had transpired and she would have to talk with the acolyte in regards with this matter.

"You best be going now," he pushed. "I don't know how long it would take, but this is the only way without hurting someone. It'll be best if no one disturbs me, so please, keep anyone away for the time being," even as he said that his throbbing member began to rise once more, Blanche's was unable to pry her eyes away as the veiny spear of raw meat awakened. Her blood ran cold as she was stood before the thing. The look on Reign's eyes carried with it a frightening presence that was barely restrained. Her own feet decided for her, moving away on their own out of instinct and self-preservation. She was incapable to offer any help as she had more problems to deal with and yet could hardly find herself letting this matter be gone from her thoughts.

The sun was half-sunk over in the horizon, streaking the eastern sky in a flare of indigo and auburn as the world atop the earth was plunged into deepening darkness. Blanche was some distance away from the rest of the villagers, made apparent by the lonesome company of the oncoming winter winds that made her shiver and the soft symphony of a solitary cricket somewhere. She had rounded and ducked the fallen beams of houses, all the while her thoughts were in turmoil. Her foot somehow stopped and she stared against an old wood post of some bygone relic of an abode, seeming unable to take another step away.

"Let it go, let it go," she muttered under her breath. Taking a deep breath of air, she leaned back and suddenly smacked her own forehead against the post. Not hard enough to knock her out, just necessary to knock some sense into what she was about to do. Gods, she hated being the leader. The village needed their strongest weapon to be up and ready at any time.

Blanche had just rounded back in time to see another gout of streaming, hot spunk spew out in great volume from the enraged manhood of Reign. She took a gulp and stepped forward, best not to think too much lest she balk out of what she had decided to do. Cursing at her own good-natured kindness to help.

"What? Why are you back?" Reign breathed out, the color of his skin almost resembling that of a living person, if said person was in the throes of an extreme red rage. His musculature more pronounced as it rippled against his scruffy tunic.

"Not a word to this to anyone, you hear?" Blanche warned with a flick of a finger as she strode closer to Reign.

"W-What?" Reign stuttered, never finishing his sentence as Blanche came up close beside him and grasped the base of his shaft with one hand. In this near-living state, his senses returned to function, from the feel of the cold air on his skin to the scent of the earth to his nostrils. The same held true as Blanche's tender hand began travelling the entirety of the bumpy length of Reign's manhood. Veins rocked the entirety of Reign's cock and Blanche nearly plucked her hand right away, as his burning red flesh was just truly just as hot as it looked. Still, she gripped tighter, unable to grasp the entirety of its girth. Reign's breathe got caught in a vice as the dark-haired woman milked his manhood.

With Blanche standing so close to him, the raven-haired woman's scent was that of fallen autumn leaves and sweat, stoking the flames of Reign's desires.

Blanche thought of years past when tasked with the chore of milking a cow's udders. This was just that she told herself. She felt her own cheeks reddening, blood rushing to her extremities unable to stop such inappropriate notions.

Reign's nails dug into the dry-stone wall, boring right into the firmament and scarring it as the feeling of a woman's touch wrapped around his manhood sent his nerves afire. A horrible pressure surmounted from his loins as the rhythmic twitching began to intensify on the tip of his cock. Blanche replied in kind, hastening her strokes that it was a blur amidst the sweltering purplish-red flesh of Reign's cock.

An guzzling eruption of thickly virulent spunk burst. Such was the force, that Blanche had no choice but to keep on stroking, extracting as much of Reign's seed to release him from this lascivious malady. She gulped at the sheer volume that scattered about them. Unbelieving that one man was able to produce such bulk. She breathed a sigh of relief, seeing as that might have been the most explosive of his recent ejaculations.

Just as she was about to release his grasp on his shaft, thinking it losing its firmness, the darndest thing happened.

It remained unrelenting, like an oak tree resolute. Thinking it but a trick of her eyes she watched, hoping it to shrink in size. She counted the heartbeats in between the moments. One turning to ten and ten turning to thirty. Sixty heartbeats passed and the veinous thing was just as hard as if it had not released jism worthy of five men.

Blanche did not know what to do at this point. She scratched her head, one hand still grasping the young man's shaft. In that moment, Blanche could just feel all the weight of the village still loomed over her like some anvil tied up over her head and ready to fall at any instant, the twine of her sanity loosening by each second. Her heart struggled to beat from the grip of responsibility and consequence that hold her mind in a vice. If not her, then who?

There was something in that moment.

Amidst the silence and the desolation that surrounds her.

A moment in time where her woes could easily be forgotten. To let loose of every reservations and just be able to breathe. She deserves such a moment, had she not?

Because truth of the matter was, ever since she had spied upon Reign restraining his lustful woes with nothing but his hand, it was a scene that came from the most mundane and normal moment of life. A life that was free of threat of death every day. A life where they didn't have to scrounge up a living and just go about their days knowing there was a tomorrow, they would do it all over again. It was, in essence, a peaceful life. Where silly things like a young man pleasuring himself to women gossiping without cause of concern what tomorrow might bring.

Unlike this bleak life they are in.

Such situation of pure and utter carnal intensity, that brought upon a trickle of moistness within her womanly crevice at first. The trickle accumulated into a stream. It was that moment in one's thoughts that all sense made no sense.

Blanche let go of her woes and set them loose for just this short moment, a moment where she would have it all to herself. "That didn't do the trick, did it huh?" Blanche stood straight, asking Reign.

Reign didn't reply immediately, only shaking his head silently, breathing a bit ragged, "No....No it did not."

12