All Comments on 'Decisions, Decisions'

by laptopwriter

Sort by:
  • 254 Comments (Page 3)
GardenshedGardenshed4 months ago

Brad was right to be suspicious of Les still being friends with Sara. Levi proposes to Les and they elope to Vegas? That’s bigamy LoL………

Enjoyed the story, interesting view on the outside seeing 2 marriages implode. Totally get Brad not being friends with Tony and Sara anymore. Knowing what they were up to and basically dammed if you do and dammed if you don’t. It a no win situation. Not to mention the stress that it put on Brad and Leslie’s relationship.

Thanks for sharing

EastCoaster1EastCoaster14 months ago

It seemed like a real story of real people...

...love, cheating, lost friendships, new loves, and a stubborn wife who insisted on keeping a relationship with one friend who cheated with the husband of another friend. I would have some concerns about that just like the MC did with his wife, even though she also helped the husband of the cheating wife to meet someone new.

Nothing in life is easy,

But well told, and 5 stars.

robinhodrobinhod4 months ago

I always look forward to his next offering, and he doesn't disappoint.

It's especially treasured because of the poor quality being served up in general.

I no longer bother with stories that have ratings lower than the high 3s.

So I'm not reading many new stories just now.

It wasn't always like this, when there's nothing new I read the back catalogue. Plenty there.

Sorry to be moaning when I've just read a great story.

KirkelKirkel4 months ago

Whenever I see you are the author the story goes to read!

You are thoughtful, make your opinion known and back it up!

Respect!

Rob

Cringo31Cringo314 months ago

As always a wonderful story from this author. I was suspecting that the wife was also cheating the way she do easily forgave her friend. Then to see the stress put on the marriage due to the affair of their friend. All of these emotions were so deftly handled and portrayed in such an honest way gave this story its depth. So well written.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Such an unusual plotline for an LW story, with a significant build up, the crisis de-emphasised, followed by a careful return to a new equilibrium. Usually all the meat surrounds the crisis and the resolution is left to the reader's imagination. By using Brian and Leslie as the story's emotional centres, their interpersonal tension kept the plot moving without dragging.

dgfergiedgfergie4 months ago

Quite a story, its always interesting to see and hear the reasons for cheating because none of them ever make sense. You can rationalize all you want but that doesn't change what's wrong to a right. I comment the remarks by the anon, very insightful and thoughtful. Our mc and his wife were and interesting character study. At one point I thought their marriage might not last do to their different attitudes toward the cheaters. Liberalism and conservatism. What one person sees as wrong tends to punish and the other tends to forgive. Should our MC kept Tony as a friend and tolerated his cheating? I don't know. But I do think toleration for bad actions sure won't help correct them. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

It read like a real life scenario and frankly it was a little boring. There really wasn’t a whole lot of major conflict. It was a ‘just the facts’ kind of story. Well written and easy to read but just dull like real life

Sexty04131Sexty041314 months ago

Writer has Leslie accepting Levi's proposal instead of Julie. Mixing characters up is a drawback but otherwise story was ok.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Solid well played out feel good story. Enjoyed the read. *****

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great story from LTW as usual

Brian's intolerance reminds me a little of my own divorce. No cheating from either of us, but I filed. Wifey got to our mutual friends and must have painted a negative picture. They froze me out, without even talking to me. Prolly for the best I suppose.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This why men are from Mars and women are from Venus. Real men want nothing to do with a cheater to ensure their morals and views about infidelity don't poison the rest of their group. Women on the other hand are about 50 50 in their reactions. 50 percent react the same way as the men knowing it is just inviting trouble. The other 50 percent think that they are being supportive and understanding. It is just a matter of time before the individual causes more trouble in their whether intended or not. Les is just lucky she didn't push her husband to accept Julie back. That would have ended with them sharing an apartment together as two recently divorced women.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Pretty realistic characters, which is rare for this section. As frustrating as it was, wife's attitude was understandable. You need to have a massive capacity for empathy in order to fully understand how the cheated party feels. And without that, it's most likely one chooses to just go with the flow and not rock the boat. Been in a similar situation, I chose to stay silent. Not because I wanted to keep unity in the friend group but because I didn't have proof. And when your buddy is heads over heels, just your testimony won't be enough. It can easily backfire.

Olderman318Olderman3184 months ago

Always enjoy your work LTW.

And you always make me think….what would I do in this situation?

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey21104 months ago

A unique look at infidelity from the outside. The author is careful to cover all aspects of a marriage in dissolution. Very different. I liked it.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggart4 months ago

5 stars and faved. I kept expecting the other shoe to drop with the wife with how she kept taking Tony and Sara's side but to my shock and delight it never happened. Also kinda expecting some confrontation with Tony but also never happened, he just slunk away which I liked, he wasn't worth revenge or any drama. I liked that both the husband and wife had differing views on supporting their friends but respected the others views, he didn't try to force her to drop Sara and she didn't try to force him to stay friends with Tony.

XluckyleeXluckylee4 months ago

I liked this story but didn't love it. 4 stars from Xluckylee

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This is a very good character study. I was expecting more serious problems between the MC, but overall a well-written story that varied widely from the typical.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Another exceptionally well written story, just like everything else you have written. Your writing has a realistic, grassroots realism that makes every sentence believable. A 5-star masterpiece, keep up the good work.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar4 months ago

What an excellent story. 5* from me. It reminded me of some events back many years ago when I found out two very good friends were cheating on their spouses who were very good friends too. It's a tough situation to be in. Real life doesn't always work out like this story though. In my case the cheaters married and now some 35 years later are still married and reportedly quite happy. It took the cheated upon spouses several years to learn to trust again. An aside: Let's call the cheated upon spouses Bob and Jane. After Bob moved into an apartment Jane came to visit. He felt it was awkward but they talked a bit. The next morning she stopped by early on her way to work. She rang the bell, walked in when he opened the door, went to her knees, unzipped him and gave him a blowjob. She told him that she would see him tomorrow. This went on for about a month until she moved to another town.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndy4 months ago

Very good story and reading time! Good characters, plot and dialogue- all good as have seen with this author. One of my favorite authors almost always a good story! Well put together with the way the characters interact and created a good story!

Well worth the time to read!

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Top story. Top writer. Five stars.

Quaker0186Quaker01863 months ago

Excellent and different from the normal loving wives category. Easy 5*, keep up the excellent writing as you continue to produce good thought provoking stories.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Damn, that’s my credo too; the constant in life is change and … be nice to that beautiful bitch her stripper name is Karma. LOL

And yeah, I liked your story. Cheers.

Captcha

xMulexMule3 months ago

2nd read, still 5*

Can help wondering if Brian's marriage would have survived if Les had invited Sara to stay with them rather than Julie.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

@xMule, Les wouldn't have invited Sara to stay with her and Brian since Sara's got the two girls and a house to live in. If Arnie had gotten custody of the girls and the house, then Sara would need a place to stay

AllNigherAllNigher3 months ago

Nice, and let realistic. Thank you for not taking the easy and cliche road of having Les turn into a slur sure to hanging out with Sara.

I did feel the ending kind of fizzled out but then again, that's kind of how life works.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A good tale. Decent narrative,/dialogue balance. Not a lot of emotion, though. It is a solid four stars effort. The story kept me engaged.

JPB

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman3 months ago

great story, gives me/us a lot to think about.

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker3 months ago

💯💯💯💯💯👍👍👍👍👍👌👌👌👌👌🤷🤷🤷😉😉😁😁🙋🙋🙋🍕🍕🍕🍕🍺🍺🍺🍺👋👋

GriscomGriscom3 months ago

I wouldn't trust Leslie at all, if that is the kind of friendship she maintains.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Different than the usual LW tropes. A real life situation, dealt with decisively and maturely without the usual LW histrionics. Excellent read. Thanks

lc69hunterlc69hunter3 months ago

Both made and had their points, but had to lean a bit more toward Les

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Surprised that leslie didnt turn out to be cheating too, which wld explain her sympathy towards the known cheaters. MC needs to be careful and wastchful w/ leslie, she claims to be ready for kids but the other woman, sarah had kids several yrs old when she opted to cheat. rk

26thNC26thNC3 months ago

Great story about the nasty collateral damage cheaters can cause, especially inside a group of friends or family. Being closed to both the cheaters and the betrayed would be difficult to navigate, just like the people in this story. I kept dreading the next page where Leslie would get caught cheating. Happily, that never happened and everyone, except, again very happily, the cheaters.

Simon_MastersSimon_Masters3 months ago

Rung a few bells for me, coping with a heartbroken best mate, I try not to take sides, but I think everyone knows where my true loyalties lie.

pummel187pummel1872 months ago

This was written by a man, I mean with all that golf talk, and what wife asks her husband how he shot that day while he was playing golf???? GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK. 😂

mstbdscrt1957mstbdscrt19572 months ago

pummal187, I know for a fact My Mother-in Law ask her husband about his golf game every time Jim returned home. I have listened to them have 30 minute conversations about it.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

This was pretty good, but the plot, such as there was, was pretty thin. I was originally expecting that the MC would eventually discover that his wife was also cheating, which would have made for a more interesting story, IMO. But thanks for posting.

SarahwithloveSarahwithlove2 months ago

I liked it and gave it a 5. I enjoyed the dynamics between Brian and Leslie regarding the problems with friends and taking sides. It is a real issue that can cause problems for friends and family, almost in a trickle down effect. I think that is why my husband never liked to play matchmaker with his friends and mine. I, however, am a fearless matchmaker.

With that said, what is a 6 handicap? I need to look that up. Neither of us golf.

AmbivalenceAmbivalence2 months ago

Be interesting to know if Tony and Sara 'broke off' the relationship at *all* or didn't even pause in their cheating.

Did Sara agree to break it off and then let Tony (sweet) talk her back into it or did they both just decide 'we need to be more careful'?

When Tony confronted Brian at the bar, surprised Brian didn't point out how it was interesting that the honest person (himself) kept his word about not narcing but the liar and cheat (Tony) lied and kept fucking around.

Good story though I kept worrying that Les would cheat.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I think the main character needs to watch his wife...closely. I also would think he would be smart to wait to have children. Trusting his wife would be a mistake.

ncdeepdiverncdeepdiver2 months ago

I enjoy your stories.

You have a knack for bring out the feelings of the people on the periphery of your main characters.

Syd254Syd254about 2 months ago

Very enjoyable. I sometimes have wondered what I would do in Brian's situation. I would hope to have the moral fiber to do the right thing.

Mr_BradyMr_Bradyabout 2 months ago

Okay, now that Brian has given his wife’s phone number to Levi, what the hell does he expect to happen?

Good storytelling here in what’s probably going to turn into a part one. Because of the great setup you did with the plot and the characters, but not any full blown sex scenes, I wanted to rate it a solid four stars. But I’m going to go ahead and give it five. Even if you accidentally misidentified Leslie as the one who accepted Levi’s marriage proposal.

Hey, I write stories too, and it isn’t hard for mistakes like that to happen. Once again, a great start to something that could really become a great Loving Wives series.

SteelPaperTSteelPaperTabout 2 months ago

A friend who supports a cheater supports cheating. How one would want to have kids with such a person is beyond me. What are those kids going to be taught about life?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I felt burned by the last two pages. Did you end with an unrelated drama just to trigger us to write comments? You've been one of my trusted favorites for almost 7 years until now.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Im so unhappy I trusted you and kept reading after your story changed into a completely unrelated and uninteresting drama. I recommend you not experiment like this with your fans.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Re-read for me, and still a great story. Brian and Leslie both have very strong moral compasses, and I certainly don't foresee either of them cheating. But they have different ideas about whether hating something that a person does, includes hating the person who did it. Interesting to watch them work this difference out with mutual respect and trust.

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

Didn't know why he doesn't cheat on Leslie what's the worst that could happen considering she'd just forgive him. Fuck he should chat with Sara she'd be super forgiving in that case, she'd practically start applauding them.

Fuck Leslie.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

What happened to the conflict resolution part of the story? It just petered out

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

A very good and realistic story about the relationships with your friends and their spouses. When your friends marriages break up, normally you drift away from both of the partners. Leslie handled it magnificently with a true Christian forgiving spirit. She is a very forgiving and lovely woman. Brian, on the other hand was very rigid and stoic in his actions, giving up on his long time friend. I guess he doesn't believe in the axiom I hate what you did but I don't hate you. That is a self righteous attitude that could in some way come back to bite him in the ass. It also, makes it difficult to live a stoic person like that. Life is too short to be so rigid and unforgiving thus losing a life-long friend. Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those that trespass against us. Great story...5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

A very solid story. The only part I was looking for and did not see was Arnie finding out that Brian and Les had known about the affair and did not tell him. I expected an explosion between Arnie and Brian. Still, a very solid four stars, pushing five.

/

JPB NOT BOB

bobareenobobareeno3 days ago

I liked the perspective the author used to tell this tale. A refreshing change, and well done.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous