Demons' Home Ch. 01-06

Story Info
Demon Hunter's continued adventures with Demons.
8.4k words
4.76
8.6k
9
0

Part 1 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 05/28/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
akbunny
akbunny
191 Followers

Hello to all you wonderful Literotica readers! This is the second book to Demons' Grace and I would suggest reading that one first if you pulled this up randomly. Just a head's up, my writing style hasn't changed, my focus is on character growth, and i'm still a novice with eroticism. I'm posting this to all the readers out there who wanted to know what happened next. So, if that was you, here you go!

P.S. Yes, this particular part of the story is finished, otherwise I wouldn't post.

CHAPTER 1

It had been almost two months since I fulfilled the warrant for the demon incubus Oldavai. Ezra and Taurin, the two demons I shared my life with, were trying to make me own up that I was raped by him. I wouldn't; because, somewhere in my mind I couldn't make the connection between magic making me love him and that feeling of love ever being false. It sure as hell felt believable. I missed him, which didn't make sense since I didn't know him. Well, I knew that he was an asshole in my baser moments and a suffering soul in my charitable ones. Ezra and Taurin didn't miss the reality that it was those charitable moments that kept them in my life too, so they didn't push hard. For some reason they wanted to stay with me.

My thoughts stayed focused on Oldavai as I gazed out at the sunlight dappled front yard from the porch. A steady vibration of demon thrummed through my body that told me I had a visitor. Finally, a reason to think about something else. I called to the two demons who lived with me using my mind. It was the first time I had done so since my attack.

'Demon.'

One of them always stayed with me now. Today it was the Icelander, Taurin. The cold air that always accompanied him rushed up to sweep over me as he appeared just behind it. He stayed a couple feet away, as they both learned early on to do after my Oldavai encounter. I reacted quickly and violently when touched by them.

I saw two fellow demon hunters first, Michael and Carlos. Their stride over the damp vibrant leaves littering the ground was purposeful and angry. Because it was Carlos I assumed the demon I felt was Bronti, the shadow demon he was bound to. They were bonded with the sanction of the law, our law, the Office of Human and Supernatural Affairs', the entity referred to by any number of shortcut names, most not nice. I couldn't see Bronti though so I switched my eyesight to the shadow world and found him immediately. He skirted between the darkness of the trees, about a yard from Carlos.

I grew unreasonably angry. "Bronti, show your damn demon ass or I'll kill you for trespassing! You're so fucking rude!" The edges of my vision caught Taurin giving me a look of disconcert. I didn't care.

My yelling stopped my fellow demon hunters. When they resumed walking to me, it was with more caution. Bronti quickened his pace to materialize next to Carlos, his black, leather trench flaring around him. I stared and said nothing when they reached my porch. They didn't rush in to fill the silence, so we simply stared. Finally, oddly, it was Bronti who filled the quiet, albeit snidely.

"Carlos, you came here for a reason, or did you forget?"

I watched Carlos' right hand twitch in Bronti's direction. I knew that twitch. It was a grabbing-a-knife restraint twitch. The two demon hunters looked at me, their faces so empty that I knew they were re-evaluating.

Taurin took a step closer to the front of the porch. I repressed a shudder and side stepped to the right. He pretended not to notice. "What do you want?" he asked.

Bronti made a harsh hand gesture at Carlos and walked up one step. I tensed, ready to run him through with a sword that I knew I could manifest in my hand. Taurin quickly flung his arm out to forestall his progress.

"Don't. I won't guarantee your safety."

Bronti's moment of shock was replaced by fury. His human form dissolved back and forth into blackness. His eyes, shining inky darkness. Fists clenched as he spoke, guttering something hard in demon speak to Taurin.

He switched to English in anger, "What has she done?!"

"I guess you really don't know," came Taurin's casual reply from my left.

"No one knows! The Affairs' Office misleads us. Shorn says nothing! I want the TRUTH!" The air felt heavy to me with his outrage.

Taurin laughed dryly, "Dove?"

I blandly looked at him and turned around to walk in the house. If Bronti was going to accuse me of the rift happening with his brother demons and the Affairs' Office then I didn't want to hear it. Only because I believed it.

As I walked closer to the door Michael spoke up. He asked gently to enter. I turned at the threshold and looked down at them. My gaze then went to Taurin. 'Will you watch Bronti if I invite him in?'

Taurin's eyes widened at my words to his mind. 'Dove, I'll kill him myself if he even breathes on you, but in exchange let me touch you.'

I leaned back slightly, rocking on my heels.

'I apologize. I shouldn't ask that.' He looked away and shook his head.

Now it was my turn to be surprised. Taurin rarely apologized and I already knew it was his nature to bargain.

"Dove?" Michael asked again.

I turned and tried to smile, only it wouldn't come. "I'm making a decision with Taurin."

He gave a worried look to Carlos, "You're talking to Taurin?"

"We didn't hear you." Carlos' Spanish accented voice came out uneasy.

Taurin started to laugh and gave Bronti a taunting look.

"Of course you didn't. Why would you?" My confused look turned pointed, "You mean you and Bronti don't communicate through your thoughts?"

Taurin laughed even more.

Bronti fumed and glared.

Carlos looked at Bronti. "You mean we can talk through our minds with one another?"

"If we choose. I don't."

"The feeling's mutual." Carlos replied as he turned away from the demon he bonded to. I regarded him and thought him lucky for his ignorance. He and Bronti were only a fraction of the way linked. Ezra, Taurin, and myself were way past the 100 percent mark. The Affairs' Office had no idea that what we had even existed. Well, every demon working there knew, but they'd never give the Office that gem of information about a demon's ability.

I spoke out loud, "Taurin. Yes. I will try."

Taurin's fading snickers stopped and he turned his full attention on me. We stood frozen in the moment, riveted on one another. His hair swayed in the wind and I gazed at its beautiful color. Dominate streaks of platinum tangled themselves in warmer blonde.

I turned abruptly, "Come in Michael, Carlos," adding reluctantly, "Bronti."

"Bronti and I will talk out here."

I turned and look at Taurin, catching his gaze. "As you will."

He held me with his blue stare, 'I will so much Dove, but I wait... for now.'

I nodded and continued walking, the two men followed behind me. Our conversation started awkwardly, but eventually they got to the point. "I need to know how you trapped and subdued a demon," Carlos demanded.

Michael looked at him and then directed his own dark brown stare into my eyes, "All of us, Dove."

"No."

Carlos impulsively shot up and started to pace. I pushed myself farther in the chair at his spontaneous movement. They both caught it and I cringed at their scrutiny.

"How do you know that I successfully trapped and subdued?" I asked to distract them.

"Haven't you been getting warrants?" Michael asked.

"Ezra refuses them for me. I don't even look at them."

Michael gave me a considering look. "The Office is allowing that without repercussion?"

"Why?" Carlos asked harshly.

"Why are they allowing it or why am I refusing them?" I shook my head. "Just because."

"While you're hiding, two thirds of us are getting 'trap and subdue' warrants. The Affairs' Office is using your success as a reason."

"I'm not hiding!"

"Really?! Could've fooled me!"

Feeling attacked, I yelled again, "You don't understand what you're asking!"

Carlos couldn't hide his agitation. "Then tell us something! Tell the Affairs' Office something!"

"Carlos, relax. You shouldn't force someone to talk." Michael looked from Carlos to me.

I stared at Michael's souvenir scars given to him from a warrant gone bad. His goat-t hid none of the three raised lines that started at his temple and disappeared into his shirt. I had no idea what was hidden under that shirt and didn't want to k now.

"You never told anyone what you went through did you?" I asked.

"No."

"Not even a counselor?"

He eyed me cautiously, "Why? You going that route?"

"No," I responded vehemently. "It's been suggested."

"I never told a clinical professional, but I have a spiritual advisor who helped me get through the worst of it. Maybe you should think about it."

I stared down at my hands, "Maybe."

Carlos continued, not caring about my emotional issues, "Give us something!"

I shrugged, returning the favor of not being impressed with his show of anger, "Trap them."

"The success rate is one in twenty. You know that." He gave me a piercing stare. "They get to kill us, we don't get to kill them. The Affairs' is telling us it's not good enough anyway. What are they going to do with a bunch of pissed off caged demons. That means a lot of us are on a suspended list for refusing multiple warrants."

Michael added in a more reasonable tone, "They're watching Oldavai be submissive because of something you did. They think that we can do that with all demons now."

It was my turn to stand up and pace. "That's fucking ridiculous!"

"Of course it is! That's what I'm trying to tell you!" Carlos exclaimed while waving his hands frenziedly in my direction.

"I'll go to the A.O. and explain," I resolved.

"And what will you tell the high and mighty Affairs' Office?" Carlos asked with contempt.

"The truth."

"Really?" Taurin drawled out. His arms crossed and he leaned against the door frame.

I shifted my sight to the shadow world and saw Bronti shifting in and out of focus next to the window. I looked back at Taurin. "Well, maybe not the whole truth. There should be something that I can tell them that will make them see reason."

Taurin, Bronti and Carlos laughed in unison. The shadow demon phased into view with the sunlight coming through the glass pane. I raised my hands in exasperation.

"What's going on with Shorn?" I shuddered at the memory of the demon who led their department in the Affairs' Office.

"Shorn is trying to make them see reason. His way." Bronti said seriously, his voice for once not sliding around itself like molasses.

"I take it he's not succeeding?"

"Any outcome will be a success."

"What does that mean?" Carlos asked.

Taurin started to walk to me, "It means that whether demons stay part of or leave the Office of Supernatural and Human Affairs' it won't matter."

"Then why is he trying to stay?" I asked and looked from one demon to the other. Bronti's jaw clenched and I watched him raise his chin a notch. I turned towards Taurin's voice as he answered.

"There are things that can be manipulated and learned when we are part of the system. They're not necessary though. The road's just more difficult. Also, all restrictions they monitor for our benefit will no longer be in effect. But think of this, my pretties," his glacier colored eyes stayed riveted on me, "if we are no longer legally considered part of the supernatural community where will that leave all your bonded brethren?"

I faintly heard Michael and Carlos make noises of annoyance and aggression, but my attention focused on Taurin as he settled a scant step away from me. I swallowed and forced myself to stillness. My hands shook, like when I down too many energy drinks. With effort I reigned in the flight or fight response erupting inside of me. I would not be controlled by a demon again.

"They would sentence us to a war by doing that." I said, refusing to let my thoughts be swayed from the conversation. Even so, there was no distraction from feeling every confusing emotion going through me with Taurin's deliberate nearness. I noticed, but never comprehended, that my senses were telling me that Ezra, the other demon I bonded to, the one I used to share my bed with, was near.

CHAPTER 2

Ezra's soft voice came from the doorway, "Dove."

I jumped and moved to distance myself from Taurin. He grabbed my wrist and shook his head, "Uh huh."

Thoughts of Oldavai nestled between my legs came rushing back. Then another memory, this time of Oldavai holding my thighs and telling me those exact words when I tried to get away. A blade came out of my palm and I twisted my hand up, ready to pierce Taurin. He gave me no acknowledgement of the warning, so I drove it into his skin and blood dripped. The tiniest sound of splatter hit the wood floor. That sound seemed loud in the silent room, heavy with the expectation of violence. It weighed down on me and I didn't want it. Slowly I retracted the blade into my palm and moved my hand so that it held his. My fingers slid across the cut.

Taurin changed his grip and gently brought my fingertips to his lips. Tenderly, he kissed my knuckles. The room seemed to breath a sigh of relief and I looked up to see my fellow demon hunters staring at me. I knew they never saw the blade emerge from within me. My gaze then settled on Ezra. His body sinuously moved as he studied me, his dragon heritage clearly visible because of it. I couldn't interpret this particular body language of his and my breath hitched. His focus didn't last long and he turned to my fellow demon hunters.

"There is no way any demon hunter employed by the Affairs' Office will be able to make a successful trap and subdue. None." Ezra's black eyes looked at me pointedly.

That stare told me what his voice didn't, that I was to tell no one that I could do it again. In particular with him and Taurin. If there was any possible retribution in his look, that I couldn't tell. He turned back to the others.

"Advise as many as you can. Now, more than ever, demons are willing to strike with a brutal offense. Your casualties will be unidentifiable if the Affairs Office did not keep track of who they sent to a death sentence. Continue to stay away from each other. There is much discontent."

The two stood enrapt, but weary, with hands close to blades as Ezra moved closer to them. I'd never felt such an overwhelming charisma from him. My hand remained caught in Taurin's as I maneuvered to look at Ezra better. His eyes showed their own galaxy, stars swirling.

"If anyone gets a trap and subdue warrant they will not succeed. It is not possible."

Carlos finally shook himself from stillness and spoke up defensively, "Why not? Dove did. That's what they're promoting."

I felt Taurin's anger rise in the cold air surrounding him. He made the slightest move towards Carlos but I tugged on his hand and moved him closer to my body. I turned and we stared into each other's eyes. Ezra's and Carlos' voices faded into the background. The blue of Taurin's eyes spread out until it was a smooth sheet of wet ice. He placed his hand on the side of my face.

'Where have you been,' he asked in my mind.

I shook my head. 'I don't know.'

He moved his face closer to me and breathed a cool wind on my lips. 'Who are you now?'

'I don't know.'

My brain registered raised voices in the room and I turned. Taurin stepped behind me and rubbed his hands slowly down my forearms.

"That's enough," I stated severely to the arguers.

Ezra, the calmer of the two, stopped immediately. Carlos got the last words in and fumed, unsatisfied.

Bronti laughed loudly, angrily, "What is it with you two? Have you forgotten what you are," his voice turned mocking, "my brothers?"

Taurin and Ezra turned as one to stare at Bronti. Ezra's stare was all warning, but Taurin's radiated burning fury. He stood absolutely still before jumping in a blur for Bronti. His wind tore around him with the force of a hurricane, sweeping the other demon into it.

Within seconds, Taurin had Bronti down on the ground, a booted foot on his throat. Carlos made a move towards him and Taurin threw out slivers of ice in a nonchalant gesture with his hand. They sliced through his clothes and skin. There was more blood on Carlos than I would have thought possible from such a casual movement of power. Yet, he stood unmoved, a study in machismo.

Taurin breathed out sternly, "Don't interfere."

My mind seemed to stop when Taurin attacked Bronti and then Carlos. I wasn't sure what to do or who to go to. Suddenly, Ezra was next to me and I jumped back.

'Would you turn from me and not Taurin?' He asked in my mind, the slightest bit of vexation coming through.

I took a deep breath and looked up into his eyes showing a galaxy of stars, 'Never.' I held out a shaky hand to him and he struck at it so fast that I barely had time to register that I was pressed up against his chest. His hands felt like a vise on my face as he lowered his own down to me. His breath washing over my face felt filled with fire.

Just before he kissed me he asked in my mind, 'What have you decided?'

I couldn't answer, I didn't even know what he meant. He swept me away with a kiss that felt filled with all the longing and sadness that had been building in me the past couple of months. I couldn't help but be moved by it. Around me was rage and building violence and all I could feel was how much I missed Ezra. How much I wanted to give him some semblance of love that I had numbed myself to. The small dragon he placed inside my magic when he claimed me beyond demon hunter law chirped in happiness.

"Is that really the time for this?" came Michael's banal voice next to me.

I closed my eyes and pulled reluctantly away from Ezra. He let me. I turned to the location of Michael's voice and opened my eyes.

"I suppose not."

"Since you haven't noticed. Taurin blocked Carlos with a shield and is arguing with Bronti in demon."

I turned to look. Yup. Carlos paced back and forth, clearly undecided on what to do. It's not as if he actually liked Bronti. But he was definitely armed and dangerous. I figured that if I got near his agitated person he would just as soon hurt me. Maybe even kill.

"Taurin and Bronti are discussing. They'll be fine. I'm surprised Carlos cares."

Michael laughed with sarcasm. "They're fighting, Dove. Physically. And obviously Bronti wants to, otherwise, he would have shifted into shadows. Honestly, I think he is keeping Carlos out too. Being bonded seems to have peculiar effects on us." His eyes shifted to me.

The wounded demons were arguing loudly with one another. When I looked back at Michael he seemed to be waiting for me to do something. I gave him a look of disbelief, "What's that look for? You want me to jump in?! Are you fucking kidding?! They'll be fine or they won't." I gestured to him with a 'duh' motion.

"Are you serious?" His voice rose. "From what I've seen, they obey you. Bronti and Carlos never even listen to one another!"

I gave a short 'Ha' laugh, "Taurin and I listen to one another when it suits us. There is no obedience." I suppressed a heady shudder as Ezra walked his fingers up my neck. The contact with him was causing so many buried feelings to come alive. I wasn't sure what I wanted from him or myself. My shuddering continued as Ezra lightly curled his hand behind my neck and threaded his fingers through my hair. I leaned my head back into his palm. My eyes closed in comfort. It had been too long.

I shook my head to focus on the conversation again, "Michael, they're demons."

"Yes, but they're bonded demons," he said.

"Are you out of your mind!? So what! Don't believe that propaganda from the Affairs' Office! Bronti is barely bonded. Barely. Especially considering the limits he and Carlos put on one another. They are demons. That hasn't changed." I gazed at him thoughtfully, "Of all the hunters I know I wouldn't expect this from you. Why would you believe that I'm the dominate force in this relationship?"

akbunny
akbunny
191 Followers