Demons' Home Ch. 29-32

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I will wear you out until you willingly fall into my hands, entreating me to lay with you just so you can rest."

I glared. "Maybe. But just so we can make it to the place of dreaming in my lifetime."

He laughed, "I have not laughed while in this mode for a long time. Come." He turned and tied the rope to his own waist to trudge me along through the deepening snow.

And it was hard... for me, I had this feeling the snow parted for him wherever he walked. Occasionally he would stop and rummage through his pack to give me water and dried meat. We never stayed still for long and I was grateful because the cold would start to assert itself on me if we did. The snow became white out conditions and I couldn't see anything except the length of rope in front of me as we trudged the incline of the mountain. When my stumbling became more pronounced I felt the rope being tugged forcefully making me fall to my knees in the snow. His legs came into view and I didn't even have the strength to look up.

"We've been traveling for at least a day," I gasped.

He bent down into my line of sight, "Actually it's been longer than a day. I'm pleased that you could keep up and prove yourself to the Ice. I told you that you could be tested and it's not over yet. Get up and keep moving before the cold takes you over."

"Fuck, Taurin. I don't want," I took a deep breath full of cold air, "to keep moving. I just need to rest."

"You will keep going or you will die," he stated.

I hummed in my throat. Would I? It seemed I was of use to everyone and every deity lately. I kept my head down, my forehead almost touching the snow. I was jerked by the rope up into his arms and the Elemental stared down at me without mercy.

"Another hero will take your place," he said to me.

I gave a scoffing laugh, "Hero," I wheezed out. "What the fuck are you talking about? I'm not a fucking hero!" I pushed at his chest, "Get off me and keep moving."

His smile was all smugness as he turned around and pulled me with him. This time though he shortened the length of the rope and I could always see the gray fur of his vest in front of me. Until I couldn't. Between one step and the next, he vanished.