Den Mother Ep. 06: WIeLD GOOSE CHASE

Story Info
The Eyes have it! Spirit guides start pointing fingers.
5.4k words
4.77
3.2k
1
6

Part 6 of the 12 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 08/31/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SZENSEI
SZENSEI
1,860 Followers

Alaska! Not far from the Arctic Circle.

"Who are these bozo heathens?"

Lucien leered at his elder brother Stanos while in their wolf forms, the two of them immortal shape changers. Hiding out in the timberline above the cleansed crash site of a once downed cargo plane amid chaotic military activity they observed retired General Harlan Ambrose Harker lead a hand full of soldiers in dark clothing designed to battle the temperature yet remain stealthy. "You overheard them before they headed out here Brother. You tell me."

"The guy with clout is a General. I think he's retired though, so my real question is who are his foot soldiers? If he's sipping daiquiris laced with Metamucil in his glory days, how is he commanding this unit?"

"Hired help. Mercs most likely. Speaking of feet, they've discovered my tracks. Let us hope they simply presume a wolf searching for dinner." Stanos notes a soldier kneeling to examine his left behind paw prints with more interest than any normal hunter. Lynn Dawson, Aurora's mother opted to mention she had just come out here earlier to inform them of her own tracks so that would at least run a bit of interference. However, they weren't interested in her size 7 boots, more on the fact Stanos had erroneously ventured out in his Dire Wolf size so his prints were huge and weighing heavy. Even he had to snarl at his mistake. Seeing the tracker looking toward the trees both brother's inched back into the thicker brush. Stanos having already morphed into a smaller breed prevented being seen easily.

"Whoa?" Lucky paused to sniff the air. "Brother? I just caught a scent of immortality."

"Anna's blood! I sensed it as well. I'm not certain what to make of it yet. It seems as if she was the only one left behind." Telepathy was a good thing to possess when being silent.

"I smell death too. Yet, the only active scent is Tailchaser's." Lucky continued inhaling the fresh air about him. "Well, Wendigo droppings somewhere out there. Leaking fuel into the Earth. That had to leave a mark, wouldn't it? Chemical scent too!"

"Whomever stepped in to examine the crash site scrubbed it as best they could, removing all that wasn't characteristic of nature. Something such as blood and chemical is always overlooked when it bonds with the ground soil."

"Right! They can't clean up the odor of blood, immortal blood especially. If these morons would leave, we might be able to track Anna's scent."

"To where? Once she was likely loaded onto a transport the scent becomes faint. How did Garameth's pack all vanish at once?"

"Right! Do you think the guys who cleaned this place trapped them and took them somewhere?"

"Use your nose, Brother, and our mental connection. Garameth is no longer of this plane. We knew this while in Montana when our bond was spliced. He has departed this dimension. The stairway to nothingness should be here but it is not."

"You think the cleaning crew took the staircase?

"I do not! Nor are there any foundation marks where it might have resided for who knows how long. Mental impressions at best."

"So, what's our next move?"

"We find someone who can see through the veil."

"A'Bomi!"

"Yes. If we can locate a Breacher. Finding any A'Bomi is difficult. They hide in plain sight yet beyond mortal comprehension. Their factions spread throughout the planet. Likely deep within Gaea."

"Lynn looks terrified." Lucky lowered his snout as if reacting to sadness.

"Of course, she is. Bad enough we freaked her out without these guys spooking her. She feels trapped."

"So, do I."

"Agreed! We stay to protect Lynn if necessary."

"Right! Garameth would expect that of us. For his Den Mother, Aurora."

"We owe it to the family. Listen! The soldiers are informing one another of wolves nearby. Let us hope Lynn does not reveal we are here."

"Unless she slips up by accident, I think she's on our side. With her daughter's history with the military, she's more likely to side with us over them. Half of her fear right there, I'd guess."

"Perhaps! She is holding up better than most who know of our kind might." Caught off guard the brothers hear a voice and turn growling. A lank gentleman in black draws back his parka hood, training a strange looking gun on them. Grey hair at the temples but distinguished in a Bond villain manner.

"Hello gentlemen. Let's not go vicious, shall we? If I say sit, will you hold it against me?"

"How did you sneak up on us?" Telepathy spoken between they and him seemed odd.

"Enhancements!" He tapped his temple with a glove. "High end, I am. You may call me Peregrine, a messenger if you will. I'll mean you no harm as long as you return the favor. Shapeshifters, I surmise? It doesn't matter. There's no need to fear us we're obviously all here for the same reason. The General down there only wants his son back. You, I would guess a family member if it brought you out of hiding. Mrs. Dawson there seeking answers to her missing daughter. We're all in this together."

"What's going on up there Perry?" Harker snarled into his walkie talkie.

"Communing with the neighbors." Peregrine spoke respectfully, "Guns lowered if you will General. We will join you shortly."

"Will we?" Lucien winced with uncertainty.

"Oh, for goodness' sake." The soldier used his gun in two rapid snaps, darts impaling the fur coats of both brothers before they could react. Seconds later both Stanos and Lucien were weak as kittens. "Please try and relax, the effects are only temporary. What I've done is place a nanite tracker into you both. No matter where you run, we can follow. While my telepathy has range, I would undoubtedly lose sight of you with some distance between us."

"There is more." Stanos sniffed his shoulder where the dart was introduced, his jaws gripping the injector and removing it to a thin spatter of blood.

"Yes. I'm afraid we value your input in this situation so there is a suicide distance should either of you bolt. You might make it within a mile then... boom. A mile and a tenth for good measure. Forced removal of the trackers within and they will detonate. If there is immortality involved, well, good luck. Friends otherwise! Shall we adjourn to the ravine below? Oh, for the record? I was able to creep up on you both because my body has no scent, I presume you've realized that."

"No footsteps either." Stanos realized.

"Yes. My suit here prevents vibration and replicates the odors of the environment. If you notice I'm an inch off of the snow beneath my boots. Simply a decrease in gravity. After me Gents." He takes the lead and makes his way down the cratered ravine. Stanos and Lucky scowling at their misfortune follow behind without threat.

"What in Sam Hill?" Harker noted his man Perry escorting two large wolves from the hilltop. Seeing them Lynn gasped and felt even more at a loss. Armed soldiers stood prepared to fire should there be any signs of attack, laser pointers marking their fur as targets secured. Peregrine motioning the armaments to be lowered seemed a good sign that neither team was truly hostile.

"I need to pee." Lucky whined. Of all of his brothers he was the weaker constitution in times like this. Not fear, merely cornered.

Stanos kept an open mind. Mostly to avoid his thoughts being read.

********

The other side of the dimensional crossroad, even a chicken would wonder why he was there.

"I still can't get over my acid trip. All that cum on me gave me insight into the soldiers' lives." Aurora Dawson pondered as she watched the troops break down camp and prepare to mount their horses. "The History Channel would love me if I took them the things I've seen. Kind of makes me want to let my pack jizz on me so I can learn a bit more of their pasts too."

"I can piss on you." Mathias, aka Yukon looked up at her preparing to hike his hind leg. Noting her glare, he changed his mind.

"You do and I'll kick your bladder through your ass and say go fetch."

"I'd grow another one. At least, I think that's how it goes."

"How exactly does this immortality stuff work, Mathias?"

"All I know is I age gracefully. You see any gray hairs on my black?"

"You shape change asshole. You could probably ward off the age spots."

"True dat! All I know is I have perfect bowel movements and my old bones don't creak. Days go by in a blink and I know no end."

"Which keeps me wondering about Tailchaser. She was beheaded and bled out so that has to say something about immortality that you guys just haven't ran across."

"I miss the ole' girl. She was like a daughter to me."

"Tell me about her, the real her, not the canine I knew."

"Anna Coranova, born in Siberia in 1804. One of the youngest in our pack. She ran off to see the world and found us. Sweet kid, always looking out for others."

"Were her parents shape changers?"

"Not that I'm aware of. Her dad was a caribou Shepard. Her mom a simple wife and mother. Not all of us have driving genes carried down. Mine did but like Lingo over there, he was a runt that was scorned by his kin for being pretty useless growing up. He wasn't very strong until he grew older. Hell of a sled dog though. Like Anna's kin he just happened to grow into what he was destined to be. When his dad tried to kill him without success after finding out he was different Lingo took off and never looked back."

"That's so tragic. Parents can be so cruel."

"Not your mom, she always brought me treats."

"I wasn't referring to my mother Yukon. She's a wonderful soul. God, I miss her. Why did we have to bring her up, now I want to cry."

"Sorry Aurora. What about your dad?"

"I have no idea who he is. Mom just... it's funny you bring him up." She frowned, "Odessi mentioned she knew who he was, but I stopped her from telling me. After mom warning me, he wasn't such a good person I've tuned out any desire to know anything about him."

"Worried he might end up being like your ex?"

"Antonio? I wouldn't call him any ex, we just slept together a lot. After he let his unit, my unit... yeah, let's not make me any more emotional, okay?"

"Sorry Den Momma! Over there!" He nodded with his snout, "Looks like that Baronas guy just discovered your handprint on his horse's noggin. How is that critter not dead?"

"I think I'm adapting to everything. My powers might not be as deadly as they were originally. It kind of has its ups and downs in the deadly department. Calahaus touched me too and never reacted in pain, so who knows? I'm grateful to have not caused them harm." She observed Baronas place his own hand over the horse's forehead tattoo, covering Aurora's palm print. In a flash Aurora read his thoughts, the connection made unexpectedly as if touching Aurora herself. "He's worried. I just heard his thoughts tell his horse he was sorry that I scarred him. I... whoa!"

"Whoa, what?"

"I just translated Equine. His horse told his owner that it was soothing. He liked me. I mean it's obvious Baronas can't understand his horse, but the empathy is there."

"That Baronas guys looking at his palm."

"I know I can hear him say his hand was tingling but it went away. Great! I hope to God I'm not infecting these guys due to the Wendigo blood. Wendigos are carnivores that claim bodies of others too. Right? Am I claiming Baronas in some unwitting fashion?"

"Curious! I'll keep my eyes on his behavior to still my boredom."

"Good idea, Old man!"

"Did I act old when I fucked you?"

"Let's not discuss that." She giggled faintly, "We all lost our sanity when we got here in, wherever here is."

"The past definitely. The smell on everything is different compared to Alaska. Even the magic here is stronger."

"I'll take your word on that until I understand how to grasp magic in general."

"Want my opinion?"

"Sure!"

"When you start glowing green? I think you're breathing in magic and it's what's altering your cells. Between Wendigo DNA, the government's chemicals, and the magic you're getting high on, it's evolving you."

"Makes a lot of sense. You're smarter than you look."

"Speaking of look!" Yet another nod in a different direction, "Luna's getting awful chummy with that Magno guy. She's staying in her human form and riding behind him. I hope the kid doesn't get hurt, she has a soft soul."

"If we're going to be trapped here, she might as well experience romance. At least it will keep our minds off of whatever comes next." Aurora stands up and instinctively brushed her backside off. Looking behind her the grass where she had lay left a dead patch. "Ever notice the ground dies under me?"

"Not when you walk. I'm thinking as long as you keep moving the effect doesn't absorb in. Staying idle long periods, your body oils likely secrete and that's what kills the weeds."

"Could be! Boy, if anyone was trailing me I'd sure give them plenty of clues."

"Experiment?"

"Meaning?" She watches Yukon lift his hind leg and urinate on her dead zone in the soil. The second his piss struck the burnt offerings a flash of memory hit Aurora. Her earlier thoughts on the bukkake were accurate in even this small favor. Seeing Mathias having long talks with Tailchaser as humans. Campfire one conversation, some stone fortress another. Tailchaser was always smiling. "Anna adored you, Gramps." Piss ending Mathias tilted his gaze at her.

"Ye sensed me past?"

"Yep! Mad respect Old Timer. I wish I could have gotten to know the real Anna. The human side."

"She loved you, Missy. She loved us all." A whimper Yukon lowered his eyes for a brief moment then sighed loudly via telepathy. "Here comes the bumble some boy lugging the oracle." On horseback the youngest of centurions Amoreus had Odessi Kilpatrick tied to his torso over his back. Reaching Aurora, he ushers his horse to turn away letting Odessi face the 7-foot Goddess.

"Good morning, Aurora. Mathias Longfellow."

"Haven't heard my last name in ages." Mathias is taken back.

"Not so long of a fellow if I remember correctly." Aurora nudges Yukon with her foot.

"You do know I can make it bigger, right?"

"Trying not to picture that. Go rally the pack, I think we're ready to move out."

"Gotcha Den Momma!" Mathias took his leave.

"Morning to you, Pretty Girl." Attention returned toward Odessi, "Sleep better after stressing you might be ripped in half by Garameth?"

"I feel horrible for my greed. I pray he can forgive me."

"Haven't had any more visions of him eating you, have you?"

"Not images... fantasies though! I know that must sound as if I..."

"You're a woman, Odessi. We all have desires. All I suggest is don't make that mistake a second time. You have Amoreus there to scratch your itch."

"He has a very small dick."

"I presume he knows how to use it. Be satisfied that the boy cares about you enough to feed you, bathe you, hold you while you sleep."

"You are right! I look a gift horse..." Odessi pauses in thought then looks toward Baronas on his horse. "Your touch, something stirs within."

"See? I told you Amoreus has feelings... hold up! You said your, meaning me?"

"Yes! I do not speak of Amoreus. Baronas, I sense something stirring within both he and his horse."

"Oh! About that, I think I have something to do with it. Not quite sure what yet but let's agree to let one another know if we figure out what effects it's having... my touch... his touch over my print...Veritas... how did I know the horses name? I don't recall Baronas speaking it. Did the horse... tell me?" Shaking it off Aurora hears a soldier share in a bugles blare to begin their daily ride, General Calahaus motioning for all to follow. "That's our cue. Time for my morning jog. Let's work on my whiplash ladies." Palming her huge breasts with a juggle she winked at Odessa. As the side-by-side troops proceeded Aurora sent out a silent telepathic whistle to her pack. Let the journey begin.

Half a mile ahead of them Garameth the Ghost choosing to be alone set out early to scout the terrain. He needed to clear his head. At the sound of the horn hundreds of birds fly from the nearby trees like an invasion force only to swiftly circle in flight and return to their perches within minutes of departure. Fear obviously fleeting.

"A sign."

What type remained to be known.

********

Back in Alaska!

"General Harker?" Peregrine, a nickname for Perry Greenwald, formerly of the CIA task force known as Headset prepared to introduce the brothers Stanos and Lucien but opted to pause in identification. Giving the brothers the stage via hand gestures the two wolves looked at one another then caved to their dilemma. Right before all of the troops they transformed in a nearly silent metamorphosis back into their human state. Only a few popping bones into place was heard.

"Well, I'll be." Harker showed no fear, merely curiosity, especially as to why Lynn Dawson was not screaming her head off. "You knew about these fellas?"

"She did." Stanos stood up in all of his muscular glory, nude and not even shivering at the cold. "Leave Ms. Dawson out of this."

"No!" She intervened, "I'm in this until I find my daughter. Don't you dare leave me out."

"Relax, Ms. Dawson. No one is troubling you to relinquish your own investigation." Harker calmed her with a face down palm. "Werewolves do exist."

"More than you know." Lucky growled.

"The golden retriever." Harlan surmised, "Nice touch."

"Like you, we're here to find our missing brother." Stanos revealed. "Marking us will do you no good."

"Merely a security issue." Peregrine advised the brothers. "I can deactivate them as long as you play nice."

Lucky rolled his eyes, "Only to reactivate them as you need us to roll over and sit. Playing dead might not work on us."

"Stop right there." The General voiced his distaste, "Peregrine turn them off. I want you to permanently eliminate the detonation mode. There's our peace treaty Boys. Forgive me, Men! I'm pretty sure you're older than I am." Without argument Perry pulled a remote device from his pocket and shut down the nanite tech within the brothers' bodies. As a penlight went out the opening was left to attack, but no aggressive reaction was centered on making matters worse.

"Bring me the device." A short trek to the General's side he claimed the remote control and removed its inner circuit board, placing it in his own parka before tossing the rest of the unit back to Peregrine. "As I said, peace talks gentlemen. I hope that shows you I'm open to offering any help I can as long as it's mutual."

"Might I be the mediator here?" Lynn barged in vocally, "I see no clear choice but to work together. While I might have reservations of my own with the Harker family, I will put aside my differences if it means I find Aurora."

"There are certain... things to atone for Ms. Dawson." Harlan nodded with a sigh, "Something I would prefer to sit and talk about alone if you don't mind."

"Fair enough."

"Our brother is with Aurora, his friends as well." Stanos relaxes his tension then looks to his brother Lucien. "We will work alongside your people. Just know this, betrayal will bring a wrath upon you that none of you will survive General. Lynn Dawson excluded. She we trust."

"Bless you." She melted at his admission.

Clearing his throat Harker continues, "We all know a thing or three about wrath Lads, again, Men. Let's just stay focused. The ties I have at my disposal reach only so far. Once those go black, there's no seeing in the dark even with night vision goggles. If you get my meaning."

"Our own circles are limited as well General." Stanos confessed, "There are things that no human may comprehend that survive in this world. Things we will not speak further on due to blood loyalty."

"Summing up, it might cause a war that humans would never win. No matter what you or any other country have in your armory." Lucien followed his brother's lead.

SZENSEI
SZENSEI
1,860 Followers
12