Den Mother Ep. 11: BLOOD IRONy

Story Info
Dreams do come true. So do nightmares!
5.8k words
4.88
2k
0
2
Story does not have any tags

Part 11 of the 12 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 08/31/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SZENSEI
SZENSEI
1,871 Followers

"It feels like I'm fuckin' climbing Mount Everest! Am I even getting close to that cave DJ went inside?" Antonio Harker kept on ascending step by reckless step, but as tough as he was even, he was wearing down fast. Within the enigmatic blade Frequinox clinging to his back as if a magnet, somehow attached to his flesh even through his shirt, the spirit of his baby brother Samuel within its metal-maintained faith in Antonio. A warrior for certain, Harker cursed under his breath each and every inch he managed to rise up along the cliff wall. Finding solid foot holds were difficult enough without the chatter of the human sized bats stalking him in swarms but fearful of his swords light and vibration.

"Frequinox... Freqy, says you're getting close she can feel Soulstice like a heartbeat."

"Close as in ten feet, thirty?"

"Try three. Look up carefully." Acknowledging Sam's request Antonio mainly lifted his eyes, not wanting his equilibrium to fail should he tilt his head back too far.

"Red glow! Is that DJ's blade?"

"Yes. Freqy..." Yet another far reaching scream of a woman in agony worried Antonio, Samuel even pausing from the afterlife at the chill vibrating through dimensions.

"Who is that screaming?"

"Queen, remember?"

"Oh, yeah! The air is thin down here Sam, my brains not processing like it should. I hope DJ's okay in there. Better yet, let's hope he doesn't make matters worse."

"Oh, trust me, I get it. Try not breathing ever again like me."

"Rather not." The last few feet to the cave entrance were taken slowly, Antonio crawling on his belly to lay there on the balcony of death. "Two minutes is all I need." A rally of screeches within the cave made Harker lift his head to seek out the source, the thin red glow of Soulstice offering a chaotic scene of shadows on the walls in plight. "Somehow I don't think they approve of DJ walking right on in there pretty as he please."

"I don't think he means any harm. Arorua is guiding him."

"Throne room I take it?"

"Den! That's why the mother is seeking to help."

"Mother?"

"Arorua! Aurora! Her pack used to call her Den Mother. Still do actually."

"Her dogs?"

"Shape changers. Basically werewolves!"

"Wonderful! Vampires and werewolves. Crystal witches! What's next?"

"You would be surprised what's out there Ant."

"Not really! Let's go see what DJ's gotten himself into." He flinched at the echoed flutter of bats at his back, all seeking to prevent his entry. The sword's throbbing noises and short bursts of high intensity light tormented and swayed their protective code of honor. "Guys? I'm not here to hurt your Queen so relax."

"Frequinox relayed your message. She's deciphered their language."

"That comes in handy. Between her and this bloodiron craziness in my bloodstream, thanks to DJ I'm slowly working out their lingo myself. How that even works is batshit crazy?" He removed his new sword to use as a torch so that there would be no further slip ups or falling again, even if it were just over a rock. "I'm glad this sword is working full time now. Why didn't it prevent my fall to begin with?"

"She's getting used to being alive again... well, not dormant. You get the idea."

"Momma bear hibernating? How did the swords get planted in those gems to begin with?"

"Beginning of time stuff. When Gods made the Earth."

"Gods? Are we jumping off the bandwagon suddenly?" They were raised to be Catholic.

"Well, there is a God above Gods but technically I think they were just scientists. I won't pretend to know I have all the answers. Not even Freqy knows full specifics. Her thoughts are fuzzy too, after being put to bed for so long."

"Should we have rescued the other blades?"

"Another time, Freqy warns us that trouble is coming."

"Bat trouble?"

"Not so much. Mostly tension, I think. That witch will be back at some point."

"Hopefully we can get out of these damn caverns before she does. I'm tired of no sunshine on my back."

"Try being one of the bats."

"Do they turn to dust in sunlight like the legends?"

"No idea! But they're definitely afraid of light."

"Okay, we're coming up on a big chamber so let's just concentrate on finding DJ and maybe that girl that saved me. I suppose that should give me a good enough reason to trust her at least."

"I don't really think the bats are bad, just misunderstood."

"Tell that to the army outside. If I didn't have Freqy I think I'd be bled dry."

"Not with Bloodiron in you Freqy says. It will ward them off."

"How can I have much in me? DJ just touched my tiny cut but it did heal immediately, and it broke our communication barrier. Crazy stuff! What exactly is bloodiron?"

"Freqy says... oh wow!"

"What?"

"Blood of the first."

"First?"

"The creator."

"God?"

"Of Gods! I think so. That means your friend DJ must be related somehow."

"What's this make me?"

"His brother. Our brother I guess."

"Blood brothers. Wait! Does that mean I'm..." He stopped in his tracks. "Stepson of a Creator?"

"I wouldn't go that far." Sam laughed within the blade. "He just saved you for saving him. It's all about honor."

"Yeah, but what is this bloodiron doing to me?"

"It keeps you healthy. My guess is your wounds will continue to heal even when you get some new ones."

"What if I'd hit bottom earlier? Would I have died?"

"I'm not sure about that. Freqy is iffy."

"Let's try not testing that theory then."

A final bloodiron wrenching scream was heard; this time it was a man's cry. Perked up by it Antonio mumbled, "DJ?" then bolted into the chamber to find hundreds of bats clinging to the walls as if watching over a miracle. The red glow of Soulstice offered a relaxing mood over the troops. DJ on his knees with his back toward Antonio looked covered in his own blood but still breathing. Swallowing dryly Antonio found Frequinox light subsiding to prevent pain taking over their calm. A thin vibration still echoing from the blade enticed further serenity.

"Diamondjaw?"

"I am here, Brother. Come see the child."

"Child?" Antonio crept closer constantly on guard, sweat pouring from his brow. Once over DJ's shoulder he peered down into his arms finding the shock of his life. An albino baby lay coddled in the barbarian's arms. The Queen Mother lying peaceful in a bed of what appeared to be wings of fallen kin all piled on one another. Beside her in a caring posture knelt the girl that rescued Antonio from his fall. Eyes moving from baby to the girl, then to the Queen, Harker just sighed.

"Yes! The Queen would have died in childbirth. Her baby was breached and fighting her. It is a girl. Another heir to the throne of Ah'Bys."

"Ah'Bys? Abyss?"

"Yes! This realm we visit." DJ dabbed his blood and left a thumb print on the baby's forehead then fed her his blood in clenched droplets. The baby smiled and reached for DJ as if his father. Once bonding and offering sustenance he reared up on his knees and passed the baby to the Queen's awaiting arms. The Queen was equally as stunning as the girl that rescued Antonio. Looking at the males he found them to not resemble human men outside of body shape and penis, their faces were batlike and curious.

"Bless you son of the Father." The Queen offered with weakness. "In honor I shall let you name my daughter."

"Nay! 'Tis not me that should get that honor. I would not have come if not to rescue my brother. Forgive! My mate insisted I save you both." Posing Soulstice in front of him the Queen could see Arorua blow her a kiss and wave, if not her own reflection. A warm smile soothed the Queen.

"Your brother then?" The Queen peered up at Antonio.

"Me? I'm confused!"

"Our blood attracted the Princess to offer assistance." DJ related! "We have repaid her debt."

"Princess?"

"Bahth' Amon!" The girl relates smiling at Harker.

"Uhhh? Did she just call herself Batman?" Sam whispered. It did sound similar but obviously a Batgirl.

"Doesn't matter, Sam! Just help me think of a good name and let's get out of here." He mumbled.

"Robin?"

"Seriously?"

"Baby is albino... almost a gray skin tone... Grayson?"

"It's a girl not a son."

"Does that matter?"

"Fine!" Antonio sighed then raised his voice, "I call her Grayson."

"A noble name." DJ informed! "The sun within, that fights to reclaim the light."

Even the Queen looked with admiration referring to the newborn Princess by her gifted name..."Graesun." That's how the Queen spelled it in her thoughts. A glare up at her older daughter the Queen hissed, "Begone!" Standing upright Bahth'Amon offered an expression of pride and began to step aside. Before even three steps were taken DJ blocked her passage with Soulstice as if a gate.

"A moment!" He required, "I understand your ways, Majestic One. One must come, one must go. I value her loyalty to both you and my brother. She saved friend Harker at the expense of your favor. By saving him, she saved her mother, and sister. That must count for something?"

"Ummm? Is there a King?" Antonio whispered.

"Nay Brother! Careful you do not disrespect the Queen."

"She ate her Sire." Sam offered insight telepathically. "It is the way of the First."

"Hold up... she's a First but no bloodiron in her system like DJ?"

"First of her kind. Not first of highborn like DJ."

"I will never understand any of this. Why is the Princess looking at me?"

"Thinks you're a stud." Sam chuckled in untimely fashion.

"I am." Ant acknowledged without words.

The Queen hissed at DJ then again sneered at Bahth'Amon, "Begone!" Nodding with respect the former Princess again took a step, this time DJ halts her by planting Soulstice right against her belly. Frozen in time the girl paused as if feeling something stir within her. Eyes retreating behind her brow for a moment the girl began convulsing. Unsteady in step Antonio swooped in to catch her fall.

"What just happened?" Harker asked.

"Arorua has spoken." DJ confided.

As he withdrew Soulstice the girl regained her composure, looking up at Harker with an expression of shock. "Antonio?"

"Oh, crap! Don't break my neck this time."

Aurora Dawson was in the house! New home for her soul that is. Kind of! As shock settled for her, she turned her newly acquired eyes on DJ rising to his feet to tower over them. Shoving Antonio aside as if a piece of crumpled paper she dove at DJ and climbed his stature, legs wrapping his waist to kiss him, her leathery wings encasing DJ's broad shoulders. In what seemed like forever Antonio cringed. He was so tempted to tell them to get a tomb.

"This is going to go from bat to worse."

"Be Dumb Dumb?" Sam offered a mocking drum roll.

"Shut up, Sam!"

This was some serious irony going down.

********

Within the safety of their constructed stone shelters the ancient Roman's and the flesh and blood Aurora Dawson slept like babies. Knowing nothing should be able to penetrate their temporary homes without a whole lot of effort made rest all the better. A small campfire tended to by the shape changer Lingo in his human form kept his pack warm as they sprawled out around Aurora in her slumber. Next to Aurora lay Odessi Kilpatrick and her caretaker Amoreus, both fast asleep, he with his arm around her waist to comfort her. They were cute together.

Within her dreams Aurora felt a light calling out from the distance, green light like she had expressed a few days back. Seeing visions of Antonio her body reacted to thrashing about a bit, rolling, tossing, discomfort in her positions. Her thoughts on that fateful day back in Alaska when his troops raped her against her will for an entire weekend consumed her. She had never noticed before now just how each of her thieves' eyes were affixed as if possessed. Even Antonio who stood watching in full nudity appeared lost, yet dark of soul. The green light swirling around her rapists seemed to be offering new insight. Darkness moving in began to take her light away until all she could hear was Antonio saying, "Please forgive me." Like a thud hitting ground the reverb woke Aurora in a stir. Only her pups reacted with curiosity. Sitting up she communed telepathically. "Just a dream. Go back to sleep." The wore out dogs complied without argue.

Sitting Indian style, legs crossed Aurora palmed her weary eyes and tried to sort out the dream. "How did I miss the eyes? I mean half the time I was on my belly getting it... yeah... anyway, but I should have noticed something wrong with my unit long before it was over. Antonio? What are you trying to tell me? I despise you, but should that dream be a recall of events I somehow overlooked; were you of your own mind that weekend? With all the insanity I've experienced this past week anything is possible. A Wendigo took over Kodi Prescott. Could one have taken over you?" She shivered off that theory, "There has to be another answer."

Restless weary lead her to lay back down and try sleeping again. Drifting off was the easy part. Minutes after her brain shut down another cloud of green rolled in, this time visions of wings all around her, black wings smothering her from within. Hearing her own voice call out, "ANTONIO!" then minutes of held breath the word, "Colomoq!" The designation sent intense heat coursing through her body. A flash of red light pushed the green vapors away, the wings fleeting like a disturbed flock. "ARORUA!" The yell forced her eyes open again. "Did I just see myself?" Sitting up she stared around at her friends, not one person was awakened by her start. Looking around she realized something.

"Uhhh? I'm still asleep too, my body's snoring. Did I just have an out of body experience?" White light she re-entered her body. Back to bed Miss Dawson.

Rest well!

********

Deeper darkness still! Meaning the tree branches were fighting the breeze out of terror.

"EAT!"

"I told you I'm not eating raw meat." Kodi Prescott scoffed at the fallen boar lying ten feet from him. "Build me a fire and maybe I'll cook some."

"No!" Followed with a strain in her voice, "Fire!" It was difficult for the Wendigo female to speak. All alone, since 13-year-old Kodi Prescott had ran into her in this shadowy tomb of overgrowth, he had argued without fear. He should be bitter that this creature lied to him by using the vision of his real mother as herself to get close to the boy. Long ago passed away, the female Wendigo used his mother's visage to sway him, yet he felt it was with good intentions. He just didn't understand why yet. It was obvious there were more of her kind up in the trees hiding or the boar would not have come flying down. No way did it climb any tree on its own. Strangely Kodi wasn't that hungry to begin with.

"Who are you?"

"Mother!"

"You're not my mom. Don't even try that on me again."

"Sorrow!"

"I'm sorry too."

"Loss!"

"Yeah, I miss my mom every day. I'm not sure why, but I felt that you only used my memories of her to keep me calm. I'm totally calm!"

"Brave!"

"Got that right! I've even gone parachuting with my dad." Sadness struck for only a minute, recalling his father being decapitated by some creature, devouring parts of him while Kodi frantically escaped. He had stepped in some kind of green goo on the planes floor when hightailing it out into the harsh weather to escape all those flames coming from the cargo area. It was then he realized, "Where are my clothes?" Modesty suddenly took over, hands hiding his private parts.

"Gone!"

"Where?"

"Burn."

"You burned my clothes?"

The giant woman basking in shadows merely points at him. Silence to comprehend she finally spoke the word, "Son."

"Son? What do you mean?" He held his palms out in front of him, modesty forgotten in his attempts to understand. As he did his fingertips evolved and grew sharp like living razors. "Ow!" It was barely felt yet the misery of seeing it struck painfully. Seconds later both of his hands returned to normal. Looking up at her it dawned on him how back in Alaska he saw the Sasquatch male rip the Wendigo apart, its essence stalking about like a ghost searching. "He found me... he... he's inside me, isn't he?" ALIEN! The movie was the first thought that came to mind.

"Son!"

"He's your son?"

"Many!" She lifted her own clawed hands toward the treetops above.

"Soooo! As long as he's in me you have your son back."

"Son!" Arms lower as if wanting a hug. Kodi swallowed with a dry throat and found the courage to walk into her embrace. Once her arms curled around him lovingly, he whimpered. It was strange but within him it was a sensation of respect and contentment. Trouble was Kodi concluded something as he pulled away from her.

"Hold on! My father's killer is inside me. I'm not cool with that."

"Survive!"

"What about me? Your son could have killed me too."

"Green!"

"Green? What's green?" She pointed at him as his body suddenly started glowing green, the mother of Wendigo's directed him to look at himself.

"Punishment!"

"Say what? I'm the one being punished here... not your son."

"Time!"

"No clue what you're getting at!"

"Out!"

"Seriously? Even you practice timeout with your kids? For real?"

"Eat!" One last time she advised him to look at the boar. Glancing briefly at it he prepared to tell her no again, but when he turned Big Momma was long gone. Sighing he paced the ground and looked at his hands.

"Why did you have to choose me? I hate you for killing my dad." He told the creature within. The middle fingers on both hands morphed back into talons and flipped him off. "Oh, fuck you too." He then peered at the treetops. "Sorry Dad, sorry Mom! If I had a dollar, I'd put it in a swear jar." Suddenly, as if tugged along against his will Kodi walked like a zombie toward the dead boar, landing on his knees right up against its corpse. Hands gravitating over it lowered in closely to palm its bloodied flesh. The green glow rising brighter over his skin reacted to the boar as if... "Holy shit! Did the boar just move?" His continued touch found nerve impulses in the boar reacting to him. Jaw drooping, he stayed with it until the boar's bones popped, a squeal escaping its lungs. Finally, it revived, panicking at its surroundings, but failed to run. A sudden calm entered the beast, and it laid back down to breath its last all over again.

"Wait! Don't die again." Kodi felt its agony deep in his soul. Life fleeting the beast began to turn into mush, it's gelatinous corpse almost sucking up into Kodi's hands. Unable to remove his palms, the Wendigo within him possibly forcing his hands, the boar faded into nothing right before his eyes. In its place a spirit boar formed and sat up at his knees. Peering at Kodi it snorted then turned to walk into the shadows.

"What just happened?"

From the trees above he heard hundreds of hissing chatters that seemed to be accompanied by clapping hands, although muffled. Standing up Kodi explored his heavens and realized something. "I think I just set the boar free." His hand rose up without his own control guiding it and a thumbs up of a talon told him that he had done something good. "No way! You kill my dad and eat him then you let me heal a boar only to set his soul free?"

"Kodi?" A voice in his head made him look around for it.

"Dad?"

"I'm in here with you son. My soul at least!"

"This better not be your mom messing with me again." He warned the trapped Wendigo within him. A wagging finger subjecting Kodi to a negative response let him know it was not his mother. "How can you be here with me, dad?"

"Only a guess, Kiddo, I think when the creature killed me, he ate my soul. When its body died it moved to you, taking my soul with it. If I had a gut these days, I'd say I'm the reason he's stuck inside you. My last living thoughts were of your safety."

"Why am I turning green?"

SZENSEI
SZENSEI
1,871 Followers
12