Diavolo Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Did he touch you inappropriately?" Gabriel swore. Michael was pervert used to easy girls and getting his way as well, but, fuck, Abby had been mindlessly drunk. He'd kill the man if he did anything to her.

"Gabriel, please," she said gripping his wrist to pull his hand away. "You're hurting me."

He loosened his hold but didn't let her go. She turned her face and broke free anyway and looked up at him with frightened eyes.

He took a calming breath, realizing he was scaring her. He'd also left the mark of his fingers on her delicate cheeks.

"Baby, it's not your fault. I just want to know. God! I didn't touch you at all last night even though you were crawling all over me, begging—"

At her chagrined look, he stopped that line of thought. "Just tell me why you flush so red every time I ask you what happened last night."

Abigail licked her lips, her gaze darting everywhere but at his face.

"Abby," he snapped again, making her jump. Softening his tone once more, he pleaded, "please?"

"I don't remember anything. I just woke up this morning in my bed," she replied.

"What else? What aren't you telling me, Abigail?"

She tried to turn her face from him, but he leaned down and got within inches of her nose. "Tell. Me."

She began to tremble, her hand coming up to cup her throat. "I...I only had my panties on," she whispered.

He closed his eyes, trying to keep himself from storming over next-door and beating Mike with his crutches. To think, he'd shared his table and a meal cooked by his Abby with the son-of-a-bitch.

"Do you have any marks on you?" he couldn't seem to find it in him to ask her if she felt sore between her legs. Mike couldn't. He just couldn't have gone that far. Maybe copped a feel or two, but not actually fucked her.

"No," Abigail answered timidly. He flinched when she caressed his cheek. "Gabriel, please calm down."

He let out the breath he had pent up and looked down at her. Mike had obviously seen what was his. Gabriel hadn't even seen her yet. It made his blood boil, but he forced himself to calm and not keep scaring the shit out of his girl.

Later. He'd have words with his traitorous band mate.

*******

Abigail left Gabriel napping on his inflatable mattress in the living room. She worried about what the owner would think if he knew she had a man in the house, but since he and Gabriel obviously knew each other, it might not be much of an issue. At least that's what she hoped.

Mikayla had said their mother was ill, in bed, and calling for her. Marjorie was not the type of woman to take to bed whether she was sick or not, so naturally, Abigail had felt worried. Too bad her sister had insisted on going to pick her up. She'd been trying to find out Abigail's whereabouts for weeks now. Her insistence made Abigail wonder if the whole story of her mom being ill was a ruse.

Feeling a bit bashful of her little red Beetle, she parked her car a few feet away from the front of the house and walked to the driveway. Last thing she needed right now was having her car mocked, especially since she was still shaken up with Gabriel's violent reaction to Michael apparently stripping her down to her panties the night before.

She was sure the big guitarist hadn't done anything nefarious to her. He was too taken with his own girl, though, knowing what she knew now of Erica, Abigail wondered why. Oh, she seemed sweet and sometimes clueless, but she also barely paid any mind to poor Michael. The few times Michael had attempted to be amorous with her, the girl had shrugged him off.

Abigail pouted. Sometimes she was the same way with poor Gabriel, but only because he tempted her so much.

As she pondered about Michael and Erica's situation, wondering if they were married, she stopped when she heard voices coming from the garage.

"You son-of-a-bitch," Mikayla hissed. "This is all your fault. I told you to just follow him."

"I did,' Edvard snapped back, making Abigail's brows shoot up.

Why were they speaking to each other that way?

"I did everything you asked me to do," he continued, his foreign accent getting thicker with his anger.

"Lower your voice, you stupid jerk," Mikayla growled.

"I shan't. Let everyone know. I followed your precious rock star around like a cuckold, because I loved you."

"Fuck you, Edvard."

There was a tussle inside the garage. Someone was slammed against the half open door, making Abigail jump back a step, eyes wide, and hand over her mouth in shock at what she was hearing. Had Edvard tried to kill Gabe?

"I'd kiss your mouth after you'd tell me how you'd sucked his cock. Licked your cunt and pretended to be him when I fucked you. And what gratitude do I get?"

Mikayla laughed. "Please. As if I'd ever be anything remotely yours. You're nothing but a lowlife chauffeur I get a kick out of screwing once in a while."

Abigail heard a slap and Mikayla cry out. There was more struggling, a loud thump, and then moaning.

Horrified, Abigail stared at the door, unsure of what to do. Was the chauffeur forcing Mikayla at the moment?

Mikayla began to moan, the sound of skin slapping skin sickening Abigail.

"Yes, my mistress, that's how you like it, yes? Rough and dirty."

"Shut the fuck up," she panted. "You know you're going to have to lick all of your filthy cum from inside me, right?'

"Yes, mistress, yes,"" he hissed before groaning.

Abigail backed away, sick to her stomach. Mikayla was more horrid than she thought. Oh-God. Poor Daniel.

This couldn't be. He didn't deserve this.

Not watching where she was going, she stumbled on the top step leading down to the walkway to the house. Terror made her flail, knowing she'd probably crack her head on the stone steps, but a pair of strong arms caught her, clasping her to an equally hard chest.

Daniel's familiar scent enveloped her as he held her to his chest.

"Easy," he murmured turning her.

Abigail looked up into his face, remembering how she'd giggled at his anecdotes in the gazebo by the Koi pond behind the mansion. That sweet summer so many years ago.

Unable to stop herself, she threw her arms around his neck, her tears already slipping from beneath her lashes. Why did things have to become so complicated? Daniel was sweet and good. He'd been so kind and tender with her. There was no lust or forbidden longing, just pure affection and love. Why did he have to forget about her and choose Mikayla? Gabriel was different from Daniel. So beautiful. Too beautiful, stirring up undesirable longings within her. Daniel was safe. Gabriel was sin incarnate, but even thinking of Mikayla with Gabriel was too much to bear. Mikayla was horrid. And Edvard? Oh-God. Had Edvard tried to kill Gabe in a fit of jealousy?

"What's wrong, Abigail?" Daniel asked holding her tight, his hands smoothing over her back in soothing circles.

Realizing she was plastered to his front, she moved back a little. Somehow, the action made their positions even more intimate. They'd only ever held hands. Never so much as a kiss.

Now Daniel looked down at her, his brown eyes going darker as they focused on her lips.

Abigail felt a sudden surge of panic and wrongness. She back away some more and almost tripped on the step again.

Daniel's arm encircled her waist as he drew her down the steps.

"This is clearly a hazardous spot for you to be at the moment. Let's go to the study, Abigail. I'd like to speak with you."

She followed him into the house.

"Mikayla told me my mom was not feeling well. That she had taken to bed ill," she said looking down at her shoes as they entered the study.

"Sit," Daniel gestured to one of the plush armchairs before a wall of shelves. He walked toward the fireplace and poured some golden liquid from a decanter into a short crystal glass. It sparkled prettily as he approached her.

She shook her head vehemently when he held it out for her. "Oh-no. I don't drink," she said, and then blushed. Well, she wouldn't drink anymore starting today.

"Take it," Daniel commanded gently, his lips twitching into a smile. "You look like you've seen a ghost. It'll warm you up and put a little color in your cheeks."

Abigail took the glass and thanked him shyly. Putting her lips on the edge of the glass she took a small sip and coughed as warmth scalded her throat. It tasted worse than the beer last night, but he was right. She felt the heat travel from her tummy to her extremities and cheeks.

He poured himself a glass as well and sat on the chair next to hers.

"Where have you been, Abigail? We've all been worried about you."

She looked down at the trembling liquid in the glass. Braving another gulp, she grimaced before answering, "I have my own place now. I bought a car and..." Looking at him as she raised her chin a bit, she continued. "I take care of a home on the waterfront in Newport."

Daniel's brows drew together. "Abigail. You can't be serious? You had maids and butlers here. Why would you go off to tend someone else's home?"

Abigail put her glass down on the small table in front of them, perhaps with a little more force than necessary because some of it spilled over onto the dark polished wood.

"It's better than sitting around waiting for handouts. I enjoy working for myself, Daniel."

He sputtered, looking aghast. "I didn't realize you felt our helping you made you feel that way. You're family, Abigail. Family always sees after their own. It was no handout, surely," he finished with a little frown of displeasure.

Abigail felt bad. She hadn't meant to offend him. "No, of course not, Daniel. I'm sorry. That's not what I meant to say."

"You don't feel like part of the family? We grew up together, Abigail."

"Of course..." and it suddenly occurred to her, had Daniel loved her as a sister and maybe that's why nothing had ever happened between them? Mikayla was always doing her own thing. She'd never been with them. She'd had her own friends, attended different schools than Abigail. Daniel had also gone away to boarding schools and was so much older than Mikayla. "Daniel, did you see me like a sister?"

Daniel frowned a little before his eyes widened a bit and he looked away. "I suppose. I'm sorry about what happened," he said making Abigail's heart constrict a little. "It's just that so many years went by and we all change. I came home two years ago and Mikayla..."

He stopped speaking, his face going red.

Abigail gulped, guessing at what probably transpired. Mikayla seduced him, knowing Daniel had been her boyfriend first.

"It's not like we really had anything real between us, Abigail."

His words made a small ache bloom in her chest. She'd thought they had something special and pure...spiritual even.

"I hadn't seen you in over six years and Mikayla just...She's so beautiful and wild." He frowned then. "Yes. Very wild." His eyes snapped up to Abigail now. "You've changed a lot too you know."

Something about the way he looked at her now made Abigail feel uncomfortable.

"You've filled out." His eyes slid down to her breasts, making Abigail hunch her shoulders and cross her arms over them. His gaze snapped up to her face now, dark eyes glittering like a predator. "So pretty and so very innocent. You're still a virgin, aren't you?"

Abigail swung her head away from him to look at the empty fireplace. "I think this conversation is getting a bit too personal, Daniel."

He chuckled then. Whereas Gabriel's made her shiver with pleasure, Daniel's throaty chuckle made her want to dash away. It shocked her. It hadn't felt that way before?

She suddenly wanted to run home to Gabriel. The thought shocked her even more.

"I'm so glad you haven't let Gabriel trick you into becoming his next conquest. Good thing he's still convalescing or I doubt that would be the—"

Abigail stood, hands fisted at her sides. "It is not a good thing he's hurt, Daniel. How can you say such an awful thing about your brother?"

His face darkened a moment before he smoothed it out to a cold blankness. "Abigail, you have such a soft heart. Gabriel may be my brother, product of an illicit relationship, but truly, he's beneath you. You went to the best schools in Europe while he lived who knows where, acquiring who knows what habits." Daniel wrinkled his nose.

Abigail felt her ire rise. "He was hardly a pauper, I'll have you know. He was raised by his grandmother. YOUR grandmother, and she's a good God-fearing woman."

Daniel grinned. "Ah, my grandmother. Yes. Mother told me all about her. Had my mother listened to her I would not exist, Abigail."

Abigail frowned. She had no idea what had transpired so many years ago. Only what she'd been told by her own mother. "Daniel, I firmly believe she would not hold the mistakes of your parents against you. You're her grandson. You two have never even met."

Daniel stood and walked to one of the windows to look out. "I wouldn't like to inconvenience her. She already loves Gabriel. I'd just be an intruder." He looked back at Abigail, his eyes dark and angry. "I would never beg for crumbs of affection."

"She's not like that, Daniel."

At that moment, Paulina walked in and froze seeing Abigail.

"Godmother," Abigail said timidly.

The woman's shock wore off and her eyes grew cold. "Are you here to ask for money?"

"Mother," Daniel scolded. "That is unnecessary."

Paulina scoffed. "Is it? Look at how she's dressed. Like a pauper." Again, the woman snorted and stalked to the desk.

Abigail watched shocked as she withdrew her checkbook from one of the locked drawers. "How much do you need?"

"I didn't come here to ask for money, Auntie," Abigail said standing very tall. "Mikayla said my mother was ill."

Paulina snorted. "Well, if she is, it's news to me."

Mikayla walked in then, her short denim skirt garnering a moue of distaste from Paulina and an indifferent stare from Daniel.

"Mikayla, what's going on?" Abigail demanded.

Mikayla stared at all of them with wide innocent eyes. "Whatever do you mean, sister dearest?'

"Why did you call me to tell me mother was sick and bed-ridden?"

Mikayla frowned and planted her fists on her slim hips, one shoe tapping on the glossy marble floor. "Mom said to call you because she wasn't feeling well. She was in bed when she told me. I wasn't lying."

Abigail scowled at her. "Well, why didn't she call me herself?"

Mikayla flicked back a strand of her long red hair. "How the hell should I know?"

*******

Gabriel woke with a start. The house was dead quiet.

"Abigail," he called out wincing at the tenderness in his ribs. The doctor did say it'd take six fucking months for those to heal completely, and his leg maybe a year, maybe more.

"Abs," he called out.

Where was she?

Keys sounded in the front door and he turned to stare. Maybe she'd gone to get groceries.

Michael stepped in with a grin.

Rage exploded inside Gabriel. He closed his eyes and clenched his fists.

"Hey, man. Thought I'd come by to see how you were doing. Saw Abs take off a while ago. You okay? You look kind of flushed."

His Chucks squeaked closer.

"Got something in my eyes," Gabriel replied tightly.

"Yeah? Shit. Let me take a look."

Gabriel leaned more on his left arm and waited for Mike to come closer.

His right fist connected beautifully with Mike's nose, sending a jolt of agony up his arm. Totally worth it though as he collapsed with a groan back on the inflatable mattress. A river of blood flowed from Mike's swollen nose as the man swore a plethora of expletives at Gabriel.

"What the fuck was that for?"

"Don't act like you don't know, you bastard," Gabriel snarled rubbing at his aching collarbone. Christ. It felt like he'd snapped it again.

"I don't know what the fuck you're talking about," Michael replied, hand over nose, eyes wide and angry.

"You fucking stripped Abigail last night," Gabriel seethed. "I want to fucking kill you. How could you touch my girl, man?"

Michael began to laugh. He stumbled back, falling on one of Gabe's couches laughing his fucking ass off. Gabriel's rage knew no limits at that point. He began to struggle to drag himself up, just wanting to get his hands around the fucker's fat neck.

"You jealous, pathetic bastard," Michael guffawed. "Erica was the one who tucked her in. I came up here to get the juice and aspirin, remember, asshole?'

Gabriel ceased his efforts at standing without his crutches and narrowed his eyes at Michael.

"So you didn't see her naked?"

Michael continued to laugh, making Gabriel feel like an ass for sure. "You have got it really bad, brother. I think you broke my fucking nose."

Gabriel grinned sheepishly. "If it'll make you feel any better, I think I busted my collarbone again."

Michael grimaced now. "Ew-damn. Diamond's gonna be pissed when she hears that."

Dark bruises were beginning to form under Mike's eyes. Yeah. She wasn't going to like that either.

Banging on the door had Michael hefting himself up and striding to the door.

Gabriel sank back onto the mattress with a pained grimace. His shoulder was a hot mess of pain. It didn't help when Angelo dived onto the mattress with him seconds later.

"Gaby! What's for lunch, man? I'm starving."

Ariel came in ahead of Mike, beer already in hand. He looked at Gabriel and tipped his chin up in greeting. Good old Eeyore.

"Anybody hear from Rafe?" Michael was asking as he headed to the kitchen.

"Rafe?" Angelo grinned stretching out next to Gabe. "That would be a negative."

Ariel grunted and held out a hand to Gabriel who was trying to get up off the mattress and away from the annoying drummer.

Gabriel just looked up at him with a raised brow. He wasn't about to let the lanky six-foot-three bass player yank him up. The guy, tall as he was, probably weighed about one-seventy, maybe, compared to Gabe's even two hundred.

Angelo bounced on the mattress in order to scramble off. "Arie-boy, that's not how you help an invalid up."

"No, it's okay," Gabriel blurted in panic as the bumbling blond moron came at him.

"Easy, Gabe. I've got this."

"Shit! Get away from me."

Big arms clutched at him. Ang bent his legs, plastered his chest against Gabriel's and then straightened his legs. To Gabriel's surprised he felt minimal pain. Ariel handed him his crutches and they both stepped away.

Gabriel stood before them, eyes wide.

"There. You see," Angelo said with a frown. "I know what I'm doing. No one trusts me."

Ariel just shook his head and tipped his head back to take a swig of his beer.

"Diamond's been complaining we're too idle," Michael said as he strode back into the living room with an ice bag pressed to his nose.

Gabriel rolled his eyes and hobbled to the glass doors of the beach house. Down below, boats rose and fell with the slow lazy roll of the tide. He had his own boat, though not very big, but he wondered if Abby would like to take a ride on it sometime. He could imagine her in a bikini, her hair flowing in the wind, the sun kissing her skin golden...

"Earth to Gabe," Mike called out.

They'd come closer now, Angelo on the piano stool, Mike leaning against the black baby grand, and Ariel sitting at one of the chairs at the dining room table.

While he'd been visualizing Abby on his boat, he'd heard music in his head. His eyes focused on the piano. Four steps later he was telling Ang to move. He did with a flourish.

"You got any equipment around?" Angelo was asking Michael.

Gabriel's fingers stroked the keys absently. His mind went back to Abigail. She had a pretty figure. The snug jeans and top she'd worn the night before let him see how curvy she was. The Hollywood ideal was slim and slightly top heavy. Although Abigail was not heavy, she was far from skinny. Her breasts were nicely rounded, a lot more than a simple handful. Her waist was definitely cinched. Small enough for Gabriel to get his hands around, fingers almost touching, but from there her hips flared out, nice and round with a full heart-shaped ass he just wanted to spank and then bite.