Diplomacy: A Princess's Guide Pt. 02

Story Info
Part two of the Diplomacy: A princess's guide Series.
13.6k words
4.74
2.5k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Disclaimer: All characters that are involved in sexual acts are at least 21 years old.

___

Feedback is always appreciated :)

___

I woke up slowly, the morning sun shining through the open window, the sounds of birds chirping in the background. I turned around and looked at Asher, who was still fast asleep, his breathing soft and steady.

He looked so peaceful.

The stress on his face when he was awake seemed to wash away during the night. The look on his face when he slept wasn't unlike how he appeared normally.

"Asher," I murmured softly, as I stroked his cheek and he shot up so fast, it was a wonder he wasn't dizzy.

"Your Highness!" he said, a hint of panic in his voice, his eyes scanning the room.

"Relax, Captain," I said, leaning back against the headboard. "We are alone."

"But I am..., Fuck!" he exclaimed and gathered his clothes. "I'll be late," he mumbled, while he dressed.

"I am sorry," I whispered quietly.

He finished dressing and ran his hand through his hair, looking at the ground.

"I shouldn't have let you convince me to stay."

"I am sorry, I was..., you were so good, and...I love having you here."

"It's not your fault, I am Captain for a reason, I should have been able to walk out the door. I am just not strong enough, when it comes to you." He sighed and leaned forward, brushing a strand of hair behind my ear. "You should go back to sleep."

"What about you?" I asked and he smiled sadly.

"I will have to search for clues in the forests."

"It will be dangerous, won't it?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"Yes, it will. But if we want to find out what is going on, we have to do it, Enya."

"I know, but still, it worries me," I whispered, trying not to sound nervous, but judging by the look on his face, it hadn't worked.

"I know, Enya, and I am sorry, but we will have to deal with it."

"Just...be careful, please, Asher," I pleaded.

He gave me a small smile. "I will."

He glanced at the closed door, then bent down and placed a firm kiss on my lips.

My heart soared as I returned it, wrapping my arms around his neck and leaning forward.

"I won't get enough of that," he murmured against my lips.

"You never do, Asher." I sighed, smiling.

"True, and I hate it," he sighed and pressed another kiss against my forehead. "Rest up, Enya."

He straightened up, leaving my room as quickly and as silently as he had arrived last night.

I sighed and turned around, closing my eyes. He was right. I should rest up, get back to sleep and be well rested for training.

***

After breakfast, I made my way over to the training grounds, where my teacher Aktaion was waiting for me.

He was tall and muscled, his black hair tied in a braid behind his head.

"Enya, are you ready for another lesson?" he asked, a smirk on his lips.

"Yes, of course, let's begin."

***

Aktaion wanted me to stop after 3 hours but I urged him to keep training me for another hour.

"If you push yourself too far, you will only hurt yourself," he told me, but I wasn't listening, the urge to keep training burning inside me.

"You are too stubborn, Enya," he sighed. "I am sorry, but it is time to stop."

"If you won't train me, I will just train by myself," I told him and jerked my chin up. I didn't mind being called stubborn because I knew he was right, but the drive, that urge inside me wouldn't let me stop, not now. And I could train by myself too, though I knew I learned more from him.

"Enya...," he started but I cut him off.

"I won't listen, anyway."

"Fine, but I will tell your father, what happened, if you break a bone," he replied sternly.

I didn't know whether to feel proud for having worn him down or scared of what would follow.

"Whatever, as long as you train me," I replied, feeling how much it annoyed him that I always did this, which was funny.

"Stop smirking, let's continue, you need to learn this one thing about fighting properly, one of our best soldiers came up with it."

So I listened to his instructions and waited for him to show me.

***

I knew I should have listened to him.

"It's not broken, thankfully," the nurse said, as she put on the splint. "But you have to rest that wrist for at least six weeks."

I groaned and leaned my head back, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Six weeks? That's way too long!"

"If you would have listened to me, you would have saved yourself the pause," Aktaion said laughing, making me look over at him grumpily.

"Maybe, but what's done is done."

"Yeah, what's done is done," he smirked and left the room.

I sighed and looked out the window, watching the clouds moving slowly across the sky.

I hoped Asher was okay. The fear of him getting hurt, wounded, killed by whoever was trying to make a mess was there at the back of my mind, but I couldn't focus on it too long.

"Thank you, Dina," I said and moved to the big hall.

My wrist was throbbing in pain, but I was still happy that it wasn't worse.

I had to find something to do with my time, anyway, so I might as well go out.

Walking through the city, I was surrounded by the bustle of people, who were going about their lives, carrying out their daily tasks, just like me.

I loved to walk through the streets of Moira, the people were always friendly, especially when they recognized me. I never treated people like they were unimportant and there was not a single day, I haven't received kind or loving words back from the residents.

I loved it here; it was home to me.

And it broke my heart to imagine losing what I treasured so dearly and I would do everything I could to protect it. It was worth fighting for and I wouldn't back down easily.

The library I usually visited, when I needed a quiet place, was at the other side of town. It was a large building, carved in stone, just like the castle.

The walls were white, as it was the common building material of Moira, giving it a bright look.

Stepping into it was always like stepping into another world; the warm atmosphere welcomed me like the embrace of an old friend. And the smell, oh that scent of old leather bindings and paper, was enough to make one want to curl up on a chair and never leave.

I knew the librarian, and he let me stay whenever I wanted, so I often used the room in the back to read on my own. I liked that space, no other rooms were that silent.

"Princess Enya, welcome back," the librarian, an elderly man, smiled and took his hat off.

"Hello, Martin, thank you!" I smiled and looked around the room.

"Any new recommendations?" I asked him and he smiled eagerly.

"I think I have one for you." He walked over to the bookshelves and pulled a book out, handing it to me. It was a rather thick book with an old leather binding.

"A book about shapeshifters, how fascinating," I murmured, before thanking him and sitting down at a table in the corner of the room, opening the book.

"How interesting," I mumbled and took a closer look. "I never knew that there was a book of folklore regarding the wolfborn."

I skimmed the first few pages and took a closer look.

The book described how the wolfborn were born, how they were seen by other people, and why they were shunned by the common people, as well as some tales the author had written down.

They even described the process of shape shifting, detailed with pictures, how they imprinted on other wolfborn and how they can be wounded or killed.

I had always thought that they could be wounded like any other human, but no. They had incredible healing abilities and could only be killed if their head was severed. This book contained valuable information, every soldier should know and learn, if a wolfborn army was attacking us.

"Does Asher know this?" I asked myself, grabbed the book and hurried out of the library.

Before the door I nearly crashed into Mary.

"Oh, Lady Saffron. It's good to see you!" I said hastily, trying to push past her.

"Your Highness, what a surprise to see you here!" she said and blushed, when she looked at the man next to her.

"Let me introduce you to Aedan," she quickly added and Aedan bowed deeply at the waist.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Aedan...," I looked at him questioningly, as Mary hadn't told me his last name.

"Just Aedan please, your Highness," he said and smiled.

"Aedan." I smiled. "The pleasure is all mine, Aedan."

I smiled at Mary and pressed the book to my chest.

"If you would excuse me, Lady Saffron, I have to go," I said, feeling awkward.

"Of course, your Highness, don't let me stop you, we should have lunch together sometime soon, yes?" she asked me happily and I nodded.

"Definitely."

I curtsied and hurried away, before she could notice the book in my arms. She never understood my need to know more about wolfborn, but I needed to know what I was dealing with.

I hurried over to the soldier quarters and went to Asher's office.

With my left hand I knocked twice and waited.

"Come in!" Oh thank the goddess, he was back!

"Hello, Asher."

"Your Highness, what are you doing here?" he asked, a hint of suspicion in his voice. "And what happened to your hand?" His voice was soft and concerned.

"First of all, I just sprained my wrist. Second, I brought this book for you." I smiled, feeling ecstatic, just seeing him.

I let the book fall onto his desk with a loud thud. His desk was small, as was his office.

"What kind of book?" he asked, his expression changing, when he opened the book.

It was not often that he seemed surprised, yet now he clearly was.

"Where did you get that?"

"Oh, I just picked it up at the library. Do you know its contents?"

Asher shook his head. "Never heard of a book like this."

I clapped my hands excitedly. "I can already tell, it's going to help a lot. It could aid in understanding our adversary better, don't you think so? There is a lot of information and I wondered if you knew that they could only be killed if you severed their head."

He smirked.

"Were you, by any chance, worried about me?" he asked, his tone amused.

"No, I... Uh, of course not," I blurted and pursed my lips, glaring at him. "Don't get so full of yourself, Captain."

"I would never assume such insolence towards my princess." he winked at me teasingly.

I bit my lip and leaned against the desk, looking at him.

"So did you know?" I asked him and he leaned back in his chair.

"I suspected, but this book confirms it," he replied with a faint smile, looking at me with interest.

"Is it dangerous?" I asked him, my heart beating faster.

"Yes, but you shouldn't worry about that."

"I am the princess, of course I worry about you. I worry about all the citizens of Moira!"

"I know, Enya, and I appreciate your concern. But I will be alright, I promise," he said as he got up and placed his hands on my shoulders.

"I will be careful, okay?" he said and brushed a strand of hair behind my ear, sending shivers down my spine and I shivered involuntarily.

I wanted to lean into his touch, goddess, I really did. But I couldn't, I was here for reasons and the last thing I wanted was getting my father to know that I was in here. Especially in his private office. He didn't have to know.

Asher let go of me, swallowed heavily and walked over to his desk. He grabbed a glass of water and drank a few sips, catching a stray drop with the tip of his tongue.

The tongue that had been swirling around my clit yesterday. The tongue that had sent waves of pleasure over my body and had given me immense pleasure and fulfillment. The tongue that gave me another orgasm late in the night.

"Your Highness!" His raised voice woke me from my memories and I shook my head.

"Huh?" I asked

"Are you still here?" he smirked. "You are biting your bottom lip so hard I am afraid you might draw blood."

His eyes darkened with lust and I remembered what he said yesterday.

You only bite your lip when you are aroused

Oh well, I couldn't deny that, as I felt the familiar throbbing between my legs. He smirked darkly.

"See, I was right." He winked and walked to the window.

"I know," I hissed, my voice dripping with sarcasm, and he raised his eyebrow.

I looked around the small office. I had barely ever seen this room. It was relatively dark, although the sun was out today.

Only one source of light came through the small window. Asher was standing in front of it, a bookcase was on both sides, full of books and folders and papers. One stack covered in dust was visible to the left. It's as if nobody really came in here to do much besides sitting in that chair behind his desk and reading reports and writing, but not a single stack looked like it was out of date.

He had several swords lying about and some parchments with drawn sigils or weapons hanging from the wall.

"Good, now you should get some rest, your hand must hurt, I can tell."

"No, it doesn't," I lied.

"Enough, your Highness, go to bed and rest," he said and pushed me towards the door.

"But Asher...," I protested, but he was adamant about it and I had to accept.

I huffed in annoyance, "Fine."

Just when I had turned around, the door flung open and a whirlwind with long blond hair, only a meter tall barged in.

"Asher!" the little girl squealed and Asher picked her up.

"Mila!" He smiled and hugged the girl, pressing his face into her neck.

His niece was the absolute cutest!

"Where is your Mum?" he asked the child.

"Uhm I think...oh, mummy!" Mila exclaimed and Asher raised an eyebrow in question.

"Mila, you shouldn't...," another woman appeared in the door, breathing heavily, a long braid falling over her shoulder. "I am sorry, she likes to come here...Your Highness, excuse my rude entrance."

Sara, Asher's sister, bowed her head slightly.

Asher sat the girl down and she immediately darted to me.

"Her Highness needs to rest right now," Asher warned, and I knelt down to hug her.

"I just have a bruise, don't worry." I smiled at Sara, when I was hugging Mila, and when the little girl started playing with my hair, she gave me a warm smile and a thankful look.

I enjoyed playing with children a lot and seeing her happy was so nice, I didn't want to break this moment apart.

"Uncle Asher?" Mila asked and cocked her head cutely.

"Uhmmh?" Asher made a noise, and it was such an adorable sight that I couldn't help, but grin, holding my hand in front of my mouth, to hide my amusement.

"She wanted to see you so bad, I told her you probably wouldn't be here, but...," Sara apologized again and he hushed her with his hand, looking at the little girl fondly.

I had known Sara and Mila for quite some time and Mila always wanted to play with my hair.

Sara looked tired and I could only imagine how hard it would be to keep up with a whirlwind like Mila.

"Sara, I could take her for a few hours, I don't have anything to do and Mila and I could play dress-up in my chambers," I said quietly to her, while Mila played with my curls.

She smiled gratefully at me. "That would be very nice of you, Your Highness."

"Hey, sweetheart, do you want to play dress-up for a little while with me?" I asked Mila and smiled widely.

Mila giggled and jumped up and down enthusiastically, her little blue and pink dress flying around with her movements. She always loved to dress up and act and be put into make-up.

"I will bring her to your house later, Sara," I told her. "Go get some rest, yes?"

"Thank you," she grinned. "I will."

I smiled at the girl who was still playing with my curls and lifted her up into my arms.

***

Ashers POV

Enya had taken Mila into her arms and closed the door behind her.

As soon, as the door was shut, Sara turned to me, a concerned look in her eyes.

"Are you out of your goddamn mind, Asher?" she hissed and gave me a hard slap on my left arm, making me groan. "What were you thinking?"

I blinked.

"What are you talking about?" I asked and arched my brow although I had a pretty good idea, what she was referring to. Or rather who she was referring to.

"You really are asking me this?" Sara sounded disappointed and exasperated, which only an older sister was capable of, when they worried for you. "You could have any woman you want and you chose to fuck the princess, of all people? Really?"

Fuck. Fuckfuckfuck! She knew! I brushed my hand over my face and shook my head. FUCK!

"Do you have anything to say to that?" she asked me, a slight tremble in her voice showing, that I had messed up so fucking bad.

"Sara it's... We are keeping it physical." I sighed, staring at the wall.

"Bullshit!" she whispered and closed her eyes, massaging the back of her head. "Then why was she here?" She gave me an unimpressed look.

I groaned. "She gave me a book, something that could help us with what happened in the west woods," I replied in defeat.

Sara stared at the huge leather-bound book on my desk for a long moment, before shaking her head, looking up at the ceiling. "That doesn't sound physical in the slightest."

I ran my hand through my short hair and paced through my tiny office in the guard headquarters, wringing my hands in thought.

"Does anyone else know?" I asked her worriedly.

"About the princess and you?" she raised a questioning eyebrow.

"Yes," I replied dryly and sighed. I hadn't expected Sara to find out. Hell, if anyone found out what we did... Well, no one would trust me any longer. Especially not if Enya's father, the King, learned about it.

"No. I just saw the way she looked at you. The spark in her eye..."

"Sara, this is not the first time I am having an affair..."

"But she cares," Sara's gaze pierced mine, when she returned. "She actually cares! Have you not seen how much it worries her, that you might get hurt during your investigations?"

I scoffed. "She cares only as much as she would for any other soldier in Moira, maybe even a little more, because I am Captain and as Captain I have an important position within Moira."

It was the truth; why would Enya care more for me than any other soldier in Moira.

She sighed.

"Promise me, you are careful Asher. I don't want to know what happens, when the king finds out about you two," she whispered in fear and bit her lower lip.

I rolled my shoulders, cracked my neck.

"Sara, relax," I said. "I am 30 years old, I know how to separate... sex from feelings. I wouldn't risk it," I muttered, looking out of the window to avert Sara's piercing stare.

Sara stayed quiet for a moment, before stepping closer, pushing herself between me and the window to force me to look her in the eye.

"If you feel like you aren't strong enough and cannot control it anymore, tell her, please Asher," she said in an incredibly low and earnest tone. "I need you alive, okay?"

I took her hands in mine. "Relax, it's nothing serious, I won't mess it up or take the wrong path."

This is what Enya and I both wanted, strictly physical, only sex.

***

Enyas POV

Mila squealed in delight, when I picked up a pastel pink gown. "Let's try this one out."

My dresses were way too big for her, but she still had fun being dressed up and wearing all those gowns.

And to be fair, I wasn't exactly tall and in a few years she probably would be taller than me.

Mila, like many children in Moira, was obsessed with dressing up in formal wear and acting out plays.

"So pretty," she said, when she looked at herself in the mirror and I had to admit, I was having just as much fun doing this, as she had.

"It is, Princess Mila." I smirked and she curtsied to the mirror, giggling cutely.

"So funny!" I laughed at her silliness and put another gown on her.

A servant had prepared some finger sandwiches for us and I set everything on a plate and took it over to the bed, before Mila rushed to sit next to me, the gown dragging across the floor on her way.