DJ Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Joe and I had just a couple of cocktails while DJ was happy drinking Pepsi's. Joe ordered a variety of appetizers, which we all shared. DJ really liked the shrimp skewers and the chicken nuggets. There was some slower music playing, and Joe and I danced to a couple of songs, then the tempo picked up, Joe and I returned, but a younger 25 to 30 year old man came over to our table, obviously interested in DJ.

Offering his hand, "Come on, cutie pie, dance with me."

DJ looked at Joe and I, almost as if asking permission, and we motioned him to go and have some fun. He started dancing with that first guy, and others were cutting in and stealing him. So many black people can really groove to the beat, and DJ was really getting down. We could tell, just the way he was acting and smiling that he was having a blast. We were having a blast, just watching him. Joe and I were so happy, watching DJ having so much fun.

He did take a break now and then, coming back to the table, and swigging a couple swallows of Pepsi. They put on some 70's type disco, and that got Joe and I on the floor, and DJ was still out there. At 1:00 AM, they stopped the music, and people started to filter out. Joe picked up the tab, paid the server and gave him a $20.00 tip. I asked Joe how much the bill was, and he said, "Not bad, $78.00."

About 1:20 we made our way back to the car and headed home.

I asked "DJ, did you have a good time?"

"Only the best time I've ever had in my life. The only thing wrong was that I didn't have Jamie with me. I'd love to come back here again, but with Jamie."

Joe queried, "DJ, did anyone try to pick you up?"

"Yeah," DJ chuckled, "about 4 guys and a couple girls. I just told them I already had a boyfriend at home, and he had to work tonight."

"DJ," Joe remarked, "you were about the hottest looking guy in that whole place. I told you some people would try to pick you up. Even our young waiter was looking at you with lust in his eyes. And he made certain you had plenty of Pepsi."

Joe and I just made small talk on the way home. I looked over into the back seat, about 10 minutes down the road, and DJ had fallen asleep.

We pulled into the drive about 2:00 AM. DJ jumped out of the back seat and quickly walked to the back yard.

"Excuse me, Dad, Joe," DJ said, "it might not be proper, but I guess I drank too much Pepsi and I don'' think I can make it to the bathroom." DJ drained his main vein onto the grass.

We all walked into the kitchen, DJ just looked at Joe and I smiling.

"Joe, Dad," DJ stated, "You guys sure know how to chase the blues away. Tonight was amazingly awesome and I'll remember it the rest of my life, I can't wait to tell Jamie tomorrow. Do you think maybe Jamie and I could go there sometime, just by ourselves? I'd love to get Jamie on that dance floor with me."

"They don't really encourage the underage crowd, but they will let you in. I can guarantee that if either of you tried to order alcohol, you would be carded. I would hope that both of you could have a good time anywhere without booze."

"I've never been drunk," DJ commented, "and I don't think I ever want to be, I've already seen too much drunkenness in my life." Joe and I looked at each other, knowing the truth in that statement.

"It's heading for 3:00 AM," I remarked, "Isn't anyone ready to sleep?"

"I think we all should be," Joe said.

"Yeah," DJ commented, "It'll take more than that nap I had on the ride back to get me through the day. I want to thank you both again for a wonderful evening, and I love you both so much. Goodnight."

DJ entered his bedroom and started to close the door, then decided to do as Dad does. Dad never sleeps with his door closed, unless he has company. Since DJ had no company tonight, why close the door? He stripped, and slipped into his bed, and fell asleep in about 5 minutes.

"Joe, how about a nightcap?" I said, and got a bottle of wine from the fridge, pouring two wineglasses full.

Joe, taking a sip, "Doug, DJ is simply an amazing young man. He has been through so much at his tender age, and he is now like a shining star."

"Joe, I have something to share with you. A while back, I told DJ that I would consider legally adopting him as my son. I didn't push him for an answer, but that was about the time he started calling me 'Dad' and that made me feel really good, and proud."

"A few days ago, Jamie and DJ were here, sitting at this table, and DJ brought up the subject, and wanted to know if I would still want to do that. Of course, I still would like to. I told him I wasn't sure of the procedure, and I wasn't sure I could do it, being that he is still under 21. He said that he wants to be a Kendall, and hates the last name of Jackson."

"Jamie said that he is on good speaking terms with his Uncle Steve, who happens to be an attorney, and he would be happy to speak with him, and get his advice. He said he would try and speak with the uncle sometime this week. I haven't heard anything yet from Jamie or the uncle."

"Doug." Joe commented, "to my knowledge, the only thing DJ cannot do at his age is to buy alcohol, or drink it. In most other respects, he would be considered an adult. Like when we rescued him from that horrid situation that he was living in. He was 19, and his mother was helpless to stop him from moving out. I don't know all the legalities, or the cost involved, but I think you may be on the way to becoming a legal father." Joe smiled.

"Joe, thanks for the words of encouragement. Shall we retire?"

I turned out the lights and Joe and I headed to my bedroom. We stripped naked, closed the door, and slipped into my bed. Joe and I hugged, kissed, and made out for a few minutes. We were both dead tired, and really desired sleep more than sex. I think we both fell asleep within about 10 minutes.

* * * * * * * *

Meanwhile, also Wednesday night, at 10:00 PM

Jamie just got done with his shift at the pizzeria, and is sitting in his car, getting ready to go to his parent's home. It's kind of late, but he really wants to contact his Uncle Steve. He has his personal number in his contact list, and hits the dial. After about three rings...

"Hello?" The voice answers.

"Uncle Steve, this is Jamie. I hate to call you this late, but it's kind of urgent. I need to ask your help, if you can help me."

"Are you in trouble, Jamie?"

"No, it's more of a civil matter. Do you do adoptions?"

"Sometimes, can you elaborate a little?"

"A very good friend of mine, Doug Kendell, wants to legally adopt another very close friend, named DJ. I told them I would contact you and maybe you could help, or at least lead them in the right direction."

"I need a little more info, Jamie, how old are these guys?"

"Doug is in his 60's, DJ is 19."

"OK, so we're not talking about a child here. Jamie, are you romantically involved with either of them?"

"Uncle Steve, how is that an issue?"

"I need to know, just who I am helping, and how, are you romantically involved?"

"DJ is my boyfriend, or soul-mate, whatever. I love DJ with every ounce of my flesh, and he loves me."

"Is this Doug gay also?"

"Yeah, but that is not an issue. He's a great man, he rescued DJ from a horrible situation, gave him a home with love, but their relationship is like a father and son, not a lover relationship. Doug wants DJ as a real and legal son, and DJ wants Doug as a real father."

"Okay, Jamie, this may be doable, can you give me Doug's phone number, I will contact him and set up an appointment."

"Thank you so much, Uncle Steve, Doug's number is XXX-XXX-XXXX."

Jamie headed to his parent's home for the night. He walked in the door about 10:15. His mother was sitting in the living room watching TV, she turned it off as she really wanted to spend some time talking with her son, and didn't want competition from the TV.

"Jamie," Mom said, "please sit here on the couch with me. We really need to talk, and you're hardly ever home anymore."

"I know mom, but with work, and trying to work out, and now getting ready to start school—I just don't have a lot of free time."

"How is DJ doing?"

"He's fine, Mom. DJ and I both registered at the college today." Then, smiling, "We have the same classes, on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, so we can commute together."

"Honey, I have a really strong gut feeling that DJ is a lot more than just a workout friend, am I right?"

"Okay Mom, I'll tell you how it is. DJ and I met quite by accident, and we just clicked. He and his Dad came in to pick up a pizza, and when I laid eyes on him, I was captivated. A few nights later, they came in again, this time they ate in, and I served them. Wherever I went, DJ was following me with his eyes, he couldn't seem to take his eyes off me. We had an unexplainable attraction to each other, and I wanted to know him better. I dropped him my phone number, and asked him to call me."

"So he did call me, that same night, after I got off from work, and we talked until his phone died. We made arrangements, and I spent that first Sunday night at DJ's home, and we went to the gym Monday morning. It progressed from there. His Dad is gay, and I feel very comfortable staying over there, and sleeping with DJ."

"So I guess, Mom, the bottom line is this, I love DJ, he loves me and we are boyfriends. I'm sorry, but that's the only way to put it."

Mom, with tears sliding down her face, "Jamie, we've always been so close, but I feel like I'm losing my son, my only child, and it's tearing me apart."

Jamie, placing his arm around his mothers shoulders and drawing her close, "Mom, you've known for years that I am gay, and would someday fall in love with someone. I guess that 'someday' has arrived. I don't want to lose my family either."

"Jamie," Mom questioned, "Why did you choose to date a black man?"

"I didn't, Mom, any more than choosing to be gay. Love is colorblind. I wish that you and Dad would get to know DJ. I think you will find him to be a very likeable, loveable and awesome young man."

"Maybe we can work out something, Jamie, let me talk with your father. I only met him that one day, and he does seem to be a very nice young man."

"Mom, I've had a busy night, and I'm really tired. I also need to be out fairly early in the morning because I'm taking DJ out, and teaching him to drive a stick shift. I need to get to bed. Goodnight Mom, I love you."

Jamie hugged his Mom, kissed her on the cheek, and went to his room.

Mom knew that her husband, Jamie's father, would be coming home from work about 1:00 AM and she desired to talk with him, at the same time, she was afraid that there might be some arguments. Better to wait until after Jamie leaves tomorrow. She is also smart enough to know that the only way to rekindle the closeness in her family is to include DJ as part of the family.

* * * * * * * *

Thursday morning about 9:00 AM Doug's phone is ringing.

"Hello?" Doug answered, groggily, not recognizing the number.

"I'm trying to reach a Doug Kendall, is he available?"

"Speaking."

"Mr. Kendall, do you know a Jamie Seldon?"

"Yes I do, and he's a fine young man."

"Thank you, and I agree, he is my nephew. He called me last night. My name is Stephen Jones, Attorney at Law. He told me you might have a need for an attorney that could handle an adoption, is this correct?"

"Yes, sir," I answered, excitedly, "I was asleep, but I'm all ears now."

"I would like to set up an appointment for you, and the young man you wish to adopt. Would you both be available about 10:00 AM tomorrow morning at my office?"

"Yes, sir, can you give me the address?"

"143 Commerce St., it's an upstairs office, and bring proper identification and his original birth certificate. If there is a problem, I believe you have my phone number on your phone."

"Thank you very much, Mr. Jones, we will be there. By the way, how much is this going to cost?"

"Tomorrow is a consultation, and is free. We can discuss the fee tomorrow."

"Thank you sir, very much."

"JOE! JOE! Wake up!" I hollered, shaking my still sleeping boyfriend."

Joe, wiping the sleep from his eyes, "Doug, baby, it's too early."

"Joe, I can't believe you slept through all that!"

"All what?"

"The phone call I just received, it was from the attorney, the one that's going to handle DJ's adoption. DJ and I have an appointment at his office tomorrow morning to start on the adoption!"

Joe, jumping out of bed and wrapping his arms around me, "Baby, that's wonderful! Have you told DJ yet?"

"No, do you want to go wake him up?"

"Sure, after I take a leak." Joe headed to the bathroom.

I decided to start some coffee but somebody beat me to it.

DJ, sitting at the table, "Hi Dad, coffee's ready."

Joe, approaching the kitchen, "Doug, he's not—oh, there he is! Did you tell him yet?"

DJ, perking up, "Tell me what?"

"I'm not sure what this is all about," (I'm trying to keep a straight face,) "but we have an appointment at 10:00 with an attorney downtown." Did you run a red light with your bike or something? I'm trying to think what he called it, some kind of procedure, oh, Adoption procedure."

DJ's back was toward the back door and he didn't see Jamie slip in.

"DAD! You sneaky dog!" DJ displayed the widest grin, and one of the happiest expressions I'd ever seen from him. "I can't wait to tell Jamie!"

"Tell me what, Baby?" Jamie asked.

"Dad and I have an appointment with an attorney tomorrow morning to start my adoption!"

Jamie, putting his hands together as if to pray, "Thank you Uncle Steve!" Then, "I feel just a little out of place here."

"Why Jamie?" I asked.

'Cause I'm the only one with clothes on." We all laughed.

"Maybe," I said, "you should take yours off too?"

"Better," Joe added, "the rest of us need to get dressed, and we can all go to Cracker Barrel for a celebration breakfast." And that is what we decided to do.

Jamie suggested we take separate cars, as he wanted to start teaching DJ how to drive a 5-speed stick shift. I rode with Joe in his car and DJ rode with Jamie. Jamie explained to DJ about how a stick requires some Clutch and Throttle coordination, and detailed what he was doing as they made their way. Jamie drove them to Cracker Barrel, and informed DJ that he (DJ) was going to drive them back.

Joe, talking to me on the way. "Doug, it looks as if this adoption is actually going to happen. I'm so happy for both of you. You know, Doug, that it's normal for the last name to be changed, but sometimes the entire name is changed, allowing a whole new identity. Have you considered that option?"

"I know that DJ wants to carry the last name of Kendall. If he wants to change his first and middle names in the process, that choice should be offered, but the final decision will be his." Joe nodded in consent.

Once they all were inside the restaurant, Doug registered with the receptionist. All four wandered around the country store looking at stuff, Jamie and DJ both sharing their 'discoveries' with each other. The announcement came over the PA system, 'Kendall, party of four.' And they all gathered at the hostess's podium, and she led them to a table against the wall. The two younger men instinctively sat on one side while Joe and Doug sat on the opposite side of the table. Doug wished he'd brought his camera.

DJ, while we were waiting on the food to arrive, "You know guys, this is, so far, the happiest day of my life! I can hardly wait for the day I become, officially, a Kendall." DJ seemed to be wearing a constant smile today.

* * * * * * * *

About 10:30 that same Thursday morning Jamie's father rose and wandered into the kitchen and his wife poured him a cup of coffee.

"I see Jamie was actually home last night for a change," his father stated, "I haven't seen that boy for several days, and he's gone again, already."

"Carl," Jamie's Mom said, with a serious expression, "we need to talk."

Carl, noticing the look of concern, "Karen, is something wrong?"

"I don't know, I hope not," as she sat down with her husband.

"Well, let's talk, woman, what's on your mind?"

"Carl, how do you feel about Jamie?"

"I'm not sure what you mean. He's our son, and I love him, a lot. Is he ok?"

"How do you really feel, about his—sexuality?"

"Well, I don't think any father is going to be very excited to learn their only son is gay. I don't think it's our fault, sometimes things just go wrong. I've accepted it, and life will go on."

"Carl," Karen continued, "He has a boyfriend, and that's the reason he hasn't been around much lately." Tears are streaming down her face. "If we don't accept his boyfriend, we're going to lose our son! It's tearing me apart."

"I suppose," Carl responded, "if a boy is gay, one might expect he would eventually have a boyfriend. Have you met him?"

"Jamie brought him in to meet me a few days ago, he introduced DJ as his workout buddy, but I could tell they were a lot closer than that. There was electricity between them that you could almost feel. Jamie admitted to me last night, that they are boyfriends."

"So what is this DJ like?"

"He seems very nice, respectful, polite, and he is registered to start college at CC, along with Jamie, and they even have the same classes."

"I'd really like to meet this young man that Jamie is dating. Why don't you invite the two of them for lunch, so I can meet him?"

"Carl, there's—more. He's black."

"Why would Jamie even consider dating a nigger!" Carl exclaimed.

"I asked Jamie the same thing. He said 'love is colorblind' and he didn't choose to date black, any more than he chose to be gay. DJ isn't a stereotypical young black thug. Can you not speak like a racist?"

"OK, Karen, please invite them for lunch, soon, and I'll be good with the language. I promise! I don't want to lose our son either. It might be better to have two gay sons, than to have no son at all. Who knows, we might really like DJ, I love you baby."

* * * * * * * *

It was about noon when they all were ready to leave Cracker Barrel. After having quite a substantial and filling breakfast it was doubtful any of them would need lunch.

Jamie, handing the car keys to DJ, "Home, James!"

"Are you sure you want me to try this?" DJ asked.

"I have faith in you, baby!" Jamie answered, making DJ melt.

DJ had gotten considerable practice in handling a car, and he just needed to get used to shifting a 5-speed. Things were a little rough, but they made it onto the road, and DJ got them back to the house without incident.

"Whew!" DJ exclaimed, as he parked the car at the house.

"I knew you could do it," Jamie said, smiling, "A few more miles and you're going to be as smooth as I am, and it's going to feel natural. Maybe, when you get your car, you might even consider buying a stick."

Before the boys even got to the back door, Jamie received a phone call from his Mom.

"Hi Mom."

"Hi Jamie, got a minute?"

"For you Mom, sure, what's up?"

"Honey, I had a talk with your father this morning. I explained everything, and he asked me to invite you and DJ for lunch. He really wants to meet your boyfriend."

"Mom, I don't know about that, you know he's kind of—well—racist."

"He knows DJ is black, and he's ok with that. He says he'll be good. Can you guys come by tomorrow for lunch?"

"Not really. DJ has an important meeting with Uncle Steve at 10:00 AM. And we don't know how long that meeting will last, and then he has to be to work at 3:00 PM. Maybe another day."

"What is the meeting about?"

"It's kind of long and complicated, Mom, but we will tell you about it, next week. How about Monday, for that lunch?"

"Okay honey, Monday it is, about noon OK?"

"That'll be fine. Thanks Mom, for talking to Dad. I love you."

"Baby?" Jamie talking to DJ, "We have a lunch engagement Monday at noon, at my house, with Mom and Dad. My Dad want's to meet you."