DJ Pt. 30

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Anthony, just after he and Maria went to bed, "Baby, I feel like I was meant to be a father, and I love that young man so much. I couldn't ask for a better son."

"I know what you mean, Honey," Maria responded, "if Fernando were to be removed from our care, I'd be heartbroken. I think we needed him as much, or maybe even more, than he needs us! We just didn't know it. I think we've all been blessed."

* * * * * *

Friday started out about like Thursday except that Maria fixed a more conventional breakfast of Bacon and Eggs, Toast and orange juice. Mary would not be coming today, but Fernando still had to leave the house about 8:00 AM to catch the school bus at 8:10.

Anthony wrote a note for the bus driver stating that she was to drop Fernando off at the shopping center every day except Mondays, and signed it 'Antonio Chevas, Fernando Gomez's foster Dad' and gave it to Fernando to give to the bus driver.

After breakfast, Fernando went back to his room, stuffed the two $10 bills (his cut of the tips) into his pocket, donned a light jacket, threw the backpack over his shoulders, came back and kissed Anthony and Maria goodbye, and headed out to catch the bus.

Liz, as Fernando approached the group of teens at the bus stop, "Fernie! I didn't realize you live in this neighborhood, which house do you live in?"

Fernando, pointing, "The third one down on the left, kind of a gray-blue one."

"That's so cool," Liz replied, smiling, "I live in that white corner house, so we're only two doors apart!" Then, raising her voice, "Hey gang! This is Fernie Gomez, and this is just his second day at Carter, you guys wanna give him a welcome?"

All the other teens in the group either shook hands or bumped fists with Fernando and three or four even gave him a welcoming hug. When the bus arrived, Liz invited Fernie to share her seat and he accepted. Fernando is hoping, in the back of his mind, that Liz is not developing romantic thoughts about him. He's not ready to tell her that he likes boys, although he is enjoying her friendship.

* * * * * *

Friday afternoon when school let out Fernando made his way to bus 34 and he and Liz shared the same seat on the way home.

"Are you coming to the game tonight?" Liz asked.

"As a matter of fact, I am," Fernie replied, smiling. "Devon King's parents are picking me up at the pizzeria and bringing me to school for the game. He said I could likely catch a ride back with one of the players, as some of them will be going to the pizzeria after the game."

"Fernie, you'll see me at the game," Liz stated, "I'm one of the cheerleaders." Fernando smiled and nodded.

When the bus dropped Fernando off at the shopping center, he dropped his backpack into the rear seat of his parents Malibu, and headed into the pizzeria.

"Where is your backpack?" Anthony asked.

"I dropped it into the car," Fernando responded, "I've got all weekend to study, and I'm going to the game tonight. I do need to go back to the drug store before the game though."

"What did you forget?" Anthony inquired.

"I want to get one of those 'Carter Cardinal' tee shirts to wear to the game tonight, I didn't have the money yesterday to get it."

Anthony, reaching for his wallet, "How much are they?"

"$15, but I brought the money that Jamie and Ruth gave me for helping them out Wednesday night, so I can pay for it myself," Fernando stated, "I'll see you in a few minutes." He left.

DJ, as he met Fernando in the store, "Hi Fernie, how is everything going? And how is the new school?"

"I'm very happy, DJ, my foster parents treat me better than my real parents ever did, and I love them both very much. Most of the students that I've met seem to be pretty cool, and they really encouraged me to attend the basketball game tonight. I want to get one of those 'Carter Cardinal' tee shirts to wear to the game."

"We did have just red and white ones," DJ stated, "but we got another shipment of them today, and now we also have yellow and light green ones." Then, leading Fernie to the tee shirts, "What color would you like?"

"Wow!" Fernie exclaimed, "What color do you think would look best on me?"

"I'm partial to red," DJ stated, "but the red bird looks better on the white, yellow and green ones, I think the green one would look great on you. You're pretty small, I think you need a size S. If you get a Small and it's too tight, bring it back and we can swap it for a Medium."

Fernie, holding the light green shirt against his chest, "I think I like the green one." DJ nodded in approval.

"Randy," DJ asked, "can you please check us out?" Randy came out from the pharmacy to DJ's terminal, and DJ retrieved his debit card from his wallet. Randy rang up the purchase, giving DJ the 10% employee discount.

"I have the money to pay for it," Fernando said.

"Fernie," DJ retorted, "I want to buy this for you, as a gift, Randy, this is Fernando Gomez, he is Anthony and Maria's new foster son, and Fernie, this is my Manager, Randy Shultz."

Randy, after completing the transaction, and coming out from the terminal, "Welcome to our family, Fernando," and gave Fernando a warm hug. He then returned to the pharmacy.

"What did he mean when he said 'Welcome to our family'" Fernando asked DJ.

Before answering, DJ looked around to see if anyone was within earshot. "Fernie, generally speaking, LGBT people consider other LGBT people to be 'family'. I think you know that Jamie and I have been boyfriends for almost a year now, and Randy and his boyfriend have announced their wedding plans. My Dad and his former boyfriend tied the knot in January and are now husbands, so I have a Dad, and a Step-dad, that I care deeply for."

"Wow," Fernie responded, "I just learned a lot in the last few minutes. That would mean that my friend Danny, that I met in Juvie Hall, and I are 'family' just because we're both gay?"

"You learn quickly, my young friend," DJ answered, smiling, "but because society isn't widely accepting of our lifestyle, we need to keep our sexuality under wraps. I need to get back to work, I hope you enjoy the game tonight, just remember, you need to be careful who you share some personal information with. No one needs to know why you were removed from your real parent's home and placed in a foster home. I'll probably see you before you go home tonight."

"Thanks, DJ, and thank you for the shirt. See you later." Fernando had a sprint in his step and a smile on his face as he headed back to the pizzeria.

When Fernando entered the pizzeria, it was after 4:30 PM and there were only a couple of customers. Jamie had clocked in at 4:00 PM and Maria was just finishing dinner for her family. For dinner tonight she was preparing cabbage and kielbasa. Jamie delivered a pizza to the second table and refilled their drinks, then turned his attention to Fernie.

Jamie, giving Fernando a warm hug, "So, little brother, how did school go today?"

"Decent," Fernie replied, "and I have something to show you."

Fernando, pulling the new tee shirt out of the bag, and holding it up proudly, "DJ bought this and gave it to me today! I'm going to wear it to the basketball game tonight."

"Cool," Jamie reacted, "how are you getting to the school?"

"Devon King, one of the players, has asked his parent's to pick me up here and take me to the game, and he said some of the players would be coming here after the game, and I could catch a ride with one of them to get back."

"Sounds like you're starting to make some new friends," Jamie responded, "I'm happy for you, I hope you enjoy the game."

Maria had already set the table for three, then brought out a large dish and placed it in the center of the table. She looked at Jamie.

"Jamie," Maria asked, "do you like cabbage and kielbasa?"

"I sure do," Jamie replied, "DJ's Dad has made it a couple times."

"I think we have plenty," Maria said, "grab another bowl and silver and you can have dinner with us."

Jamie, wasting no time getting another bowl and returning to the table, sitting next to Fernie. "Thank you, Maria, it'll be a pleasant change from pizza." Jamie is keeping his eyes on the guests, making sure they are well taken care of. Jamie will be working until close tonight at 11:00 PM (or after).

The first table of four people got up, and the adult couple (the other two were likely their kids) headed to the register to pay their bill and Fernie went to the register to take care of them.

The father, speaking to Fernie, "We haven't seen you before, are you a new employee?"

"No," Fernando replied, "I'm Fernando, and Anthony and Maria, that own this restaurant, are my foster parents. Was everything satisfactory?"

"Everything was perfect, the food and the service was awesome," he answered, "can you break a twenty into two tens?"

"Sure," Fernie answered, giving the man back two $10 bills. The man then handed one of the tens to the young boy, who, in turn, placed the ten on the table, smiling. Kids love to tip. $10 is a pretty decent tip for a $24 tab!

Dinner finished, Fernando gathered up the dirty dishes and took them to the dishwasher (meaning the machine). Ruth clocked in at 5:00 PM, and business started to pick up. Friday nights are one of the busiest in the pizza business. Fernando is watching the clock, as he is expecting the Senior King's to pick him up about 7:00 PM.

As it got busier, both Ruth and Jamie had more tables to serve, and Fernie resumed his activities that he had done Wednesday, bussing tables, and helping to keep patrons supplied with drinks, and occasionally cashing out a customer or taking care of carryout orders. He is gradually learning the business.

About 6:50 PM a tall black man walked in.

Jamie, greeting him with the usual, "Eating in or getting carryout?"

The man, grinning, "I guess it's carryout, I've been requested to pick up a young man by the name of Fernando and take him to school for the basketball game. I'm Devon King's Dad."

"Hold on a minute," Jamie replied, "and I'll get him." Then, taking a buss tray from Fernie, "I'll take that, Fernie, I think your ride is waiting, over by the door."

Fernando, walking up to the man, "Mr. King?" He nodded. "I'm Fernando Gomez, can you wait just a couple of minutes for me, so I can change my shirt?"

"Sure, no problem," Mr. King answered.

Fernie slipped back to the office, changed shirts, and came back out about 3 minutes later, proudly wearing his new, green 'Carter Cardinals' tee shirt.

Addressing Anthony, where he was making pizzas, "Dad, my ride is here, I'll see you after the game."

"See you then, have fun and I hope your team wins!" Anthony replied, smiling.

Mr. King led Fernando to his car, where his wife was sitting in the front passenger seat, and two younger boys sat in the back.

"Okay boys," Mr. King commanded, "slide over and make room for Fernando. Fernando, this is Mrs. King, Devon's Mom, and his two younger brothers, Steven and Andrew." Steven looked to be about 12 and Andrew about 9 or 10.

"It's nice to meet you, Fernando," Mrs. King said, "so how did you and Devon meet?"

"Well, yesterday was my first day at Carter, and I didn't think to bring any money for lunch, and Devon bought my lunch. We ate at the same table, and just kinda started to get acquainted from there. He introduced me to Drake and Mike and all three of them encouraged me to come watch them play, and so here I am, on my way to watch the Carter Cardinals win this game."

"You've got a nice, positive attitude, Fernando," Mr. King stated.

"Are you from Mexico?" Steven asked.

"No," Fernando responded, "I'm Hispanic, but I was born here. My parents were from Argentina, so I guess I'm Argentine American."

"Oh," Steven replied, "kinda like we're African American?"

"I guess," Fernando answered.

They arrived at the school and paid their admission for the game. Because Fernando is a student, with proper ID, his admission was $1.00. Mr. King had to pay $2.00 each for him and his wife, and $1.00 for each of the boys. Fernando elected to sit on the lowest bleacher seat alone, not wishing to infringe on anyone else's territory, if someone wanted to sit next to him, fine.

During two or three of the cheerleaders' routines, Liz was right in front of Fernando. She waved and winked at him.

The game itself was anything but a blowout. The Devils and the Cardinals seemed to be taking turns leading. At one time, the Cards were up by 2, then a few minutes later, the Devils gained the lead by one or two points. It's down to crunch time folks.

The cheerleaders had done their last exhibition, with only about 5 minutes to go in the game, and Liz came and sat next to Fernando.

Thirty seconds on the clock, the Devils up by two, 62 to 60, with the Cards in control of the ball. The Cards desperately need two points to tie the game, and take it into OT. The clock is ticking down, 11, 10, 9, 8, Conner throws the ball to King, who takes two quick steps backward, and fires from behind the three-point line. Whoosh! Nothing but net, just as the buzzer sounds.

The Cardinal fans go crazy, Cards win by one at the buzzer! Fernando and Liz were hugging each other and jumping up and down with excitement.

Fernando, one of the first supporters to run onto the floor and wrap his arms around Devon, "Great shot, Devon!"

"Thanks, Fernando, I'm really glad you came, and I love your shirt, I hadn't seen one quite like that before. Where did you get it?" Devon asked.

"Southside Drug just got them in today, they have them in yellow also." Fernando replied.

"Thanks for coming tonight," Devon said, "You still need that ride back to Anthony's?"

"Yeah," Fernando answered.

"Well just follow us into the boys shower, and we'll get you one."

Fernando followed the players to the locker room. What a sight, about 9 or 10 players from each school crowded into a locker room and shower meant for about 8 guys. He'd never seen so many good-looking athletic bodies, naked, in one place before.

Gradually, the bodies dried themselves and started to put on clothing.

Devon, still naked, spoke up, "Hey! are any of you guys heading to Anthony's Pizzeria?"

There were about 5 or 6 'YES' answers, and then 'Why's'.

"One of our teams newest supporters needs to catch a ride there, if somebody can help (pointing) Fernando out," Devon stated.

Mark, approaching Fernando, "I'm Mark, thanks for supporting the Cards, there are four of us going there, it might be a tad cozy, but I know we can fit a little guy like you in with us. Just be ready to leave as soon as we're all dressed."

"Thanks, Mark, I really appreciate it," Fernando replied.

When Mark and the rest of his carload pulled into Anthony's there were quite a few cars in the parking lot. He parked, and the five guys walked into Anthony's. The pizzeria was BUSY! Almost all of the tables were occupied. Jamie had already "drafted" DJ to come and help as soon as he got off work at the store. Within minutes, Fernando was also working. Anthony's was getting hammered. Ruth was to have finished her shift at 9:00 but Anthony asked her to stay through this unexpected rush.

"Son," Anthony stated, "I think you can be of the most help if you'll handle the carryout orders, and the register, and maybe do some bussing."

"Sure, Dad," Fernando replied.

The big talk was about the Card's big win, and that 3 pointer that Devon King threw up, clinching the game for the Card's. Devon was like a celebrity, and wasn't even there to accept the praise.

Although Anthony's officially closes at 11:00 on Friday evenings, it was 11:45 when the last of the guests paid and left, and 12:15 AM when the crew finally got to leave. It will be a short night for DJ, as he is scheduled to be in at 10:00 AM Saturday morning. Anthony and Maria will need to be at the restaurant about 9:30 to start their prep. They are thankful there are no parties scheduled for any time early tomorrow. It was very busy all evening, and Ruth and Jamie both did well on tips.

Jamie told DJ when they went to bed that he'd made over $100 in tips tonight. They were both exhausted and snuggled together, falling asleep soon, with not even a thought about having sex.

Fernando, just before he and his parents went to bed, "Dad, do I really need to go to the pizzeria with you in the morning?"

"Probably not," Anthony replied, "what did you want to do?"

"Well, I don't have school," Fernie responded, "I'd like to sleep in, maybe watch a little TV, play some of my music, and, most of all, I want to write a letter to my friend, Danny White. He's still in Juvie Hall, but he should be getting out in another 2 or 3 weeks."

"What about your breakfast, honey?" Maria questioned.

"Mom!" Fernie exclaimed, "I'm 15 years old, and I'm not helpless, I am perfectly capable of getting my own breakfast and lunch. Also, if I'm home, I can do my homework that will be due Monday."

"You'll need to come to the restaurant later," Maria added, "how will you get there?"

"It's not that far," Fernie responded, "I can walk there in about 15 or 20 minutes."

"I think," Anthony stated, "especially since we don't have a home phone, I need to get you a cell phone. I can have it added to my account, and it shouldn't cost too much more." Then, reaching into one of the cupboards and retrieving a key, "Fernie, please try not to lose this key, it's a spare key to the house, and you will need it to get in if you're not with us."

Fernie, taking the key and placing it in his wallet, "Thanks, Dad, do you have an envelope and a stamp, so I can mail that letter tomorrow?"

"Not here, Son, but we do have both at the store," Anthony answered, "It's late, I think we all need to get to bed."

Fernando, kissing his parents goodnight, "You'll both be gone to work before I get up tomorrow, so I'll see you later, when I get to the store. Mom, Dad, I love you both very much, goodnight." They all headed to bed.

* * * * * *

Earlier on that same Friday evening a young man pulled up in front of the Walsh home and walked up to the front door and rang the doorbell. Ken Walsh answered the door.

"Hi Matt," Ken greeted warmly, "come on in, the ladies should be ready shortly. A little bird told me that your favorite restaurant is Red Lobster, and your girlfriend wanted us to go there tonight. Come sit in the living room with me while we wait."

"Thank you, Sir," Matt replied, "If you don't mind my asking, what is your occupation?"

"I don't mind at all, Matt," Ken said, "I'm an investment advisor, and stock broker. How are things going in school? And are you keeping your grades up?"

"I'm trying to earn straight A's, but I've got a couple of B's in the mix," Matt stated, "I think I told you, I'm doing the 2 plus 2 with the goal of becoming a Mechanical Engineer. The first year is nearly complete, just a couple more months."

Matt immediately stood up when the ladies entered, Marie and Matt walked toward each other and shared a tight hug, and a passionate kiss.

"You look awesomely beautiful tonight, sweetheart," Matt exclaimed.

"Thanks, baby," Marie replied, "and you always look very handsome to me."

"Can we cool the sweet talk and get out of here?" Ken said, grinning.

Marie and her Mom both pulled coats from the front closet, Ken held his wife's coat and Matt held Marie's, while the ladies pushed their arms into the sleeves. Ken held the front door open while the other's exited, then locked the door behind them. Both Ken and Matt held the passenger side doors open on the Cadillac while Marie and her Mom slid in, then walked around and entered the car from the other side.

Marie snuggled close to Matt in the back seat and Matt's arm instinctively wrapped around Marie's shoulder while Ken piloted the car toward the Red Lobster. Being a Friday evening, the parking lot was quite full, and there was going to be a 15 or 20 minute wait for seating.