Dominant Warfare Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The mesquite trees and scrub brush began to turn from dark menacing shapes into shadows of stunted brush. The brush and trees were all withered by the hard existence in the West Texas Mountains. This was a hard place to live and it took a lot of grit to eke out an existence, even for the plants. Steve was again struck by the beauty and character of the rugged landscape. As the light began to reveal more and more shadows, the landscape turned harsh and unforgiving, yet beautiful in its own way.

The Sheriff startled him out of his reverie. "We're about twelve miles from the intersection."

"Okay stop about 100 yards up on the right, by that large mesquite tree." Steve said pointing to an area up ahead.

Now the dawn was bursting over the horizon with its pastel colors reflecting off the clouds and shadows. Steve was longing for his camera right now. The stars had all faded out except Venus, which was still low on the horizon. The sun was still behind the mountains, but providing plenty of light to work the crime scene.

The Sheriff pulled up to within twenty yards of the area Steve showed him, stopped the car and turned on his emergency lights. They both got out of the car and walked toward the area where Steve found April. As they approached, Steve saw a tiny spot of blood on the pavement and pointed it out to the Sheriff. Suddenly he felt vindicated. He looked over at the Sheriff and he nodded looking more relaxed than Steve had ever seen him.

Steve heard a noise behind them and saw Will, the crime scene tech, pull up in a white van behind the Sheriff's cruiser. The Sheriff walked back to Will, pointed out the blood drops and began to give directions on searching the area.

Will pulled on gloves and paper bootees, then walked over to collect the blood sample. Then having given out the instructions, the Sheriff went to the left side of the road, while Will went to the right side. They both began to look in, around and underneath the bushes searching for any physical evidence.

Will shouted, "I have some footprints and maybe tire tracks."

Steve intercepted the Sheriff as he was walking across the road and said, "I parked my car over there so any tracks would be mine. However, I didn't park where Will is, so those could be someone else's tracks."

The Sheriff abandoned his side of the road and came over to join Will. Now that Steve had been vindicated, he was losing interest in the grunt work of crime detection. So he went over to the cruiser and sat on the hood. Steve's head started to sag towards his chest and he jerked upright as he realized that he had fallen asleep. Steve's body was starting to pay the price for the long night, and it was demanding sleep.

Well, if he was going to sleep, he might as well get comfortable. So he headed over to the Sheriff's car, opened the passenger side and sat down to take a quick nap. He must've dropped off quickly, because the next thing he knew, the sunrise was over. The morning was glorious with light fluffy clouds and a deep blue sky. In addition, two other cars were parked on the shoulder as well and several other members of the Sheriff's Department were rooting around though the bushes. A quick look at his watch revealed that an hour and a half had gone by.

Steve stretched a little, got out of the Sheriff's car and walked over to find out what kind of progress had been accomplished. The Sheriff saw Steve walking over to him and turned to meet him about halfway.

"So far the evidence is backing up your story," said the Sheriff.

"I found some large off-road tracks, about 30 feet off the road, with some boot prints leading from the tracks to the road. For whatever reason, it looks like somebody put April in the road and you just happen to stumble across her," the sheriff added.

"So how much longer you think we'll be here, Sheriff?" Steve asked.

"I'll probably have people out here for a couple of hours, but I guess you and I can go back. You ready?"

"Yes, sir, I am ready. I do need to find a place to sleep. Any suggestions?"

The Sheriff gave him a funny look, and added, "Yeah. I might have a couple of ideas."

As the Sheriff headed for his car, Steve turned and headed for the passenger side. The Sheriff slid behind the wheel, buckled up, started the engine and did a backwards 180. They headed back towards Alpine at an above the speed limit clip.

The whole drive back to Sheriff didn't say a word, never looked at him and just seemed lost in thought. Steve didn't say a word either, but for a different reason. He knew he was making progress towards his innocence, but he didn't want to mess it up. So he felt like silence was the better part of valor.

As they started entering Alpine, Steve looked over at the Sheriff and said, "My car is over at the hospital. Do you think we can stop and pick it up on the way?"

Chapter 4

The Sheriff pulled right up to the emergency entrance at Big Bend Regional Medical Center. He got out and went into the emergency room; Steve assumed he went in to check on April. Steve had the same thoughts and was headed that direction when he saw the black and silver pickup that had stopped by the Sheriff's office. Immediately he had second thoughts and decided this might not be a good time for him to stop by.

Steve went over, unlocked his car, dug through his glove box and got out his Blackberry, a sheet of paper and pen. He wrote down the names and phone numbers of his friends who saw him off in Corpus Christi and figured he would give them to the Sheriff later. As he was stashing everything back in the Cobra when the Sheriff came out of the emergency room and headed his way.

Steve gripped the sheet of paper with his friends' names and phone numbers on it and walked over to give it to the Sheriff. As he handed him the paper he explained that it was the friends from Corpus Christi. The Sheriff also asked for Steve's cell phone number which he added to the sheet of paper.

The Sheriff explained, "I'm going to need you to stay around for a while and advise me of all your movements in the area until we get everything cleared up. As far as places to stay, there's the Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn or if you'd like something with little character the Holland Hotel."

The whole trip was about Texas and Texas character so the Holland Hotel sounded like a great choice. Steve told the Sheriff that he would head over to the Holland Hotel and see if they had room.

Steve stuck out his hand to see if they could have amicable parting, and the Sheriff responded in kind as they said good-bye. Steve looked after him as he returned to his car, mostly to make sure that it was okay to leave, but also just glad not to have him on his case.

The Holland Hotel turned out the exactly what the Sheriff said. It had an old rustic air about it and looked like it'd been built in the early 1900's. It turns out he was right because it had been built in 1928. Recently, everything had been renovated and the rustic interior had been given a makeover without losing its charm.

Turns out they had several rooms available and Steve took one for two days. At least that's how long he hoped it would be. The late night staff was still on duty, but getting ready to transition everything to the day shift, so they were eager to get rid of him. The rooms had also been made over into a nice cowboy country chic motif. At least he knew that's how the people in California would have summarized it. Steve liked it a lot and it reminded him that he was still in Texas.

He started carrying everything into the hotel and finally had all his stuff unloaded in the hotel. Next he sat down in his room trying to figure out what he would do with the rest of the day. Steve knew that if he ate anything his eyes would slam shut. A nap would shoot the better part of the day, but after having been up all-night he didn't think he had much of a choice.

The sudden banging on his door startled him out of his reverie. Since he didn't know anybody here he assumed it must be the Sheriff wanting some more information. So he swung the door open and immediately jumped back. It was the guy from the Sheriff's office, the one with the black and silver pickup truck ... Mr. Hunt.

Since he had already jumped back he couldn't close the door in his face although he really tried lunging forward to do so. However, Mr. Hunt easily stuck out his hand and blocked the swinging door, but he didn't advance through the door. He just stood there looking at Steve with an expression that was hard to figure.

At 6'2", 200 pounds, Steve was not used to being intimidated. The Sheriff had definitely done that with his physical presence, but this man did it with authority. He was less than 6 foot and wiry thin, but his face was hard. You could tell this was a man used to getting his own way. He radiated a commanding presence and expected everyone to do what he said with a smiling, "Yes, sir."

As he began to speak his voice was a rich and gravelly baritone, and it held a lot of emotion. "My name is Ed Hunt and the woman you brought into the hospital is my daughter. I've spoken with the Sheriff, and he feels like you are an honest man who found a woman in distress and took care of her. If this is the case you have my everlasting thanks, and I will find some way to repay you."

He started to turn away, but then he stopped, turned his head to look at Steve. His voice changed dramatically into a menacing growl as he added, "If this is not the case, if you had anything to do with her disappearance, or hurting her, I will destroy you in the most horrible fashion I can think of."

He grabbed the door, and swung it shut behind him as he walked away leaving the room. Steve stood in the same spot for the next five minutes, wondering what to do. He didn't know anybody in this town and the gratitude he felt towards the Sheriff a few minutes ago had evaporated into some unforeseen terror.

Steve slowly sat on the bed. Strangely enough, the exhaustion and hunger that he had felt a few minutes ago had suddenly disappeared. He realized that the whole April incident was rapidly getting out of his control. If he had any hope of surviving this and making it to his job on time, he would need to be involved and clear his name... quickly.

Okay, logic dictates that you need to get some food and rest. So the first order of business was a good breakfast, then some sack time. Then he needed to figure out what he needed to do to clear his name and get moving again towards California.

The Holland Hotel, as it turned, out had a wonderful breakfast, with everything that you could hope for. Eggs in every shape, lots of meat such as ham, sausage and thick slab bacon, biscuits, sawmill gravy, pancakes, juices, lots of fruit, cereal and yogurt. However, the most important aspect of his breakfast was lots of coffee. All of this was ordered from the server and not from any breakfast bar. It was very nice to see customer service.

The server was a beautiful athletic young woman of Spanish heritage. She had long black hair, large brown soulful eyes. She seemed nice and friendly. She honestly seemed to like dealing with people. Her gorgeous hourglass figure and impressive breasts certainly brightened up the morning. She asks Steve questions about where he was from and what brought him in. She seemed to sincerely want to hear the answers. Her name was Catarina and she had lived in West Texas all her life. She said she really loved this job because she got to meet so many interesting people.

Steve asked for her advice on breakfast and she cheerfully recommended the huevos rancheros, a breakfast chili relleno with eggs or breakfast taquitos. Steve settled on the huevos rancheros with bacon, toast, coffee and cranberry juice. When the food arrived, Catarina sat down and asked if he had heard anything about the kidnapping of April Hunt.

Steve was startled that she brought up that subject and he jokingly swallowed his mouthful of juice. Steve had lived-in small towns, so he knew that by the end of the day she would know who he was anyway. So he fessed up. "I found April in the middle of Highway 67 and just brought her into the hospital. As far as I know she's okay, but still at the hospital."

Catarina looked at him with a lopsided smile and said, "I already knew that even before you checked in, but your visit from Mr. Hunt would've given it away anyway. I just wanted to know why you took her in the first place?"

Steve sputtered and choked the eggs that he was trying to swallow, "I... I didn't have anything to do with her kidnapping, I only found her!"

Catarina gave a lilting laugh and said, "Yeah I know, I was just messing with you." Then she leaned forward expectantly with her breasts coming dangerously close to spilling out of her blouse. Clearly before she brought back his food she had loosened a couple of the top buttons on her blouse. She smiled mischievously and added, "You have any juicy details that I can add to the rumor mill? This is the biggest thing that's happened here since, well ... I don't know when."

Steve got himself under control and realized his whole stay in Alpine was going to be just like this. Everyone knew now who he was and how he was tied to April. Steve looked back at Catarina as he said, "Nope. Just your basic saving a damsel in distress kind of thing."

Catarina continued to stay and chatter, but to be honest he tuned her out and was trying to finish breakfast. When he finished, he quickly signed the breakfast over to his room, gave her a decent tip, and went back to his room for a nap.

Chapter 5

Steve was startled awake with sudden banging on his hotel door. It took him a few seconds to remember where he was, what had happened and why he had been awakened. He sat on the edge of the bed rubbing his eyes trying to shake the sleep from his mind before he answered the door. However, the banging began again and he knew he needed to get up.

He slipped on a pair of jeans over his skivvies and buttoned them up as he got to the door. Steve looked through the peephole and saw the Sheriff standing there, so he opened the door, stepped way back to allow the massive Sheriff to squeeze through the door. He figured that he didn't need to put on a shirt for the Sheriff. Then he got the surprise of his life as April followed him into the room.

She had changed clothes and was wearing a very short sundress that fit like a second skin, showing off her spectacular figure magnificently. She was not dressed up and was wearing just your average sundress, but on her, it looked like a prom dress. Steve was thinking that she could be wearing a burlap sack and still outshine every woman in the county.

The scoop neck showed the tops of her buoyant breasts, but to make them even more tantalizing she had left the top buttons unbuttoned. The extra cleavage gave her breasts a mouthwatering appeal. Similarly, she unbuttoned the bottom of the sundress, leaving him with enticing glimpses of her upper thighs as she sashayed into the room. Steve was beginning to understand how everyone in this town was enamored with this young woman. Even dressed casually she knew how to boost her enticing elegance.

Just like her father took over a room with his commanding presence, April did the same with her sultry beauty. She had a small bandage in her hair from her head wound, but all Steve saw was her brilliant fetching smile as she lit up the room. Steve caught himself holding his breath as she entered the room and suddenly felt embarrassed to be standing shirtless in front of royalty.

Steve could tell she was in full cock tease mode, but he had no idea why she was giving him the treatment. He glanced at the Sheriff for some kind of explanation, but was met by a stoic stare. The Sheriff's look told him this was April's show and he was only there for protection if needed. Steve crossed his arms over his chest and looked back at April, waiting for her to explain what this was all about.

April got her first look at her savior and he took her breath away. She had obviously just woke him from his sleep, with his two-day growth of beard and his close cropped, brown hair still wild about his head. His eyes were still full of sleep but startled as he saw her enter the room. April's smile widened because she loved to make an entrance, do the unexpected and catch people off guard. She knew with the right dress, the right makeup and a dazzling smile she could get anything she wanted.

Word spread in the hospital that Steve was a handsome, rugged and good-looking guy. That would've been enough to garner her attentions, but he had also saved her and brought her to the hospital. She owed him at least a thank you, but if he looked anything like everybody said, she might give him more than just some words. She smiled to herself as she thought about a long tease on her hunky savior.

She needed to tease someone every once in a while, just to get the juices flowing. She craved the attention and wanted every male in the county to lust after her, but no one could actually touch her. She had two previous lovers and both had been total disappointments. Both lovers had been so intimidated by her beauty and wealth that she never even got warmed up before they were done. She was done with boys, but still craved a big, strong man. For the most part she enjoyed being a tease and driving the men or boys crazy.

Being Alpine's preeminent beauty queen and the richest woman in the county made her unapproachable. She wound up being the dominant of any relationship she had ever had. It was a role she relished in Alpine, but not when she was with a man. She wanted to find a man that could dominate her, allowing her to feel like a real woman. She badly wanted to be pursued and taken by a strong man, allowing her to revel in her femaleness.

Steve met her with his arms crossed over his chest, and was clearly not intimidated by her. She loved the way his eyes took what they wanted, hotly caressing her. She had left the top and bottom buttons open to entice her savior. Steve appreciated the effort as his eyes passionately fondled her exposed flesh. April's tummy quivered as Steve caressed her with his eyes. As his eyes returned to her face she saw a look of appreciation and keen interest, but on his terms. His eyes told her she was undeniably gorgeous, but he would enjoy taming her.

The Sheriff had insisted on accompanying her, because they still didn't know how she wound up in the middle of the highway. Steve was still officially a suspect, even though he did have an alibi for the time she went missing. April did not mind having the Sheriff with her, but the minute she laid eyes on Steve she forgot the Sheriff was there.

She liked what she saw with his broad chest, heavily muscled arms, ripped torso and flat taut stomach. His body was that of someone who had to work for a living and he was mouthwateringly attractive. He was hard, rugged and powerful, but at the same time handsomely masculine. She felt her body react viscerally, instantly wanting to run her hands through his downy chest hair and feel those muscles rippling under her fingers.

She liked an imposing man, one that could tower over her and hopefully dominate her. Steve was almost a foot taller than she and he was imposing, both physically and mentally. She always used her beauty to disarm anyone in her presence, but with him she felt his commanding presence deep in her womb. It had been a long time since she had seen a man that she wanted and she wanted this one. April quivered inside with his strength of character. She secretly smiled because no one had ever resisted her seduction and he wasn't going to be the first.

She felt as if she must've been out of practice. All she had to do was walk into a room and men would fall at her feet, but not Steve. He crossed his arms over his chest and looked annoyed at her interruption. April never got that kind of reaction and had to steady her resolve as she walked into the room. She wondered if maybe she shouldn't have unbuttoned a few more buttons on her dress before she came in.