Don't Mess With Texas

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

At that she stormed out of the room.

Gina came in. I was so glad to see her.

"Wow, you really pissed her off!" she said.

"She expects me to keep paying her spousal support while I'm sitting in jail. Huh, good luck." I said.

"How are you holding up Dad?"

"Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. How are you doing? I hear you're still not talking to your Mom."

"Not very much, only when I have to." She said. "So, when are you getting out of here?"

"Honey, I refuse to apologize to that asshole Judge. The only way I would apologize is if he gave you back to me. I don't think that is going to happen any time soon. I may not get out of here until my 6 months are up."

"I understand." She said sadly. "You know my birthday is coming up next month. I'd love for you to be out so we could celebrate, but I wouldn't want you to go against your principles. We can celebrate when you get out."

That was tearing me up. I started reconsidering my stance. I was hurting my little girl by being in here. Then Gina said something that put it all into perspective.

"If a person doesn't have principles, he has nothing. Like Abraham Lincoln said, 'Important principles may, and must be, inflexible." She recited.

"Where did you hear that?" I asked.

"My counselor Alex, I'm sorry, Dr. Hodges, at school. It's been great having someone to talk to about all of this. Some of my teachers noticed my grades slipping and had the counselor come and talk to me. It has also helped me to deal with Mom, even though I'm still not talking to her."

It figures that a school system like Wilmette would have a Doctor of Psychology as their student counselor. Those rich kids couldn't talk to just any old school counselor.

Then I said to Gina, "Your Mom seems to be mad at you too."

"Yeah, she's getting quite irritated with me. I just ignore her, I think that makes it worse, and I don't care."

"Well, in a couple more months she'll have to start looking for someplace to live. The bank isn't going to let a Jumbo loan go too long without a payment. I figure within 3 months her 'Mansion' will be foreclosed on."

"But Dad, if the house gets foreclosed on, won't that wreck your credit?"

"Honey, when you typically buy things with cash you don't worry about credit. That stupid 'Mansion' was the only thing I've ever took out a loan for."

"Really?? Wow, Dad, even with all your rentals and the other businesses? You never took out a loan?"

"Used cash from the other ones to buy new ones." I told her.

"Dad, I've always respected you, but now I respect you even more." She said with a smile on her face.

"Thanks honey, you really know how to bring my spirits up."

It was a great visit with my daughter. It did make me long to be with her on a more regular basis. Also, missing her birthday was going to be rough on both of us. I knew she would be alright though, she was a strong kid.

The next week I heard through the grapevine that the guard that struck me was fired. It was hard to argue against the video of me not even defending myself. Within a few days the other guard was gone. I don't know if he got a transfer or not, but at least he was gone. I had a number of the inmates thank me for getting rid of the rotten guards. I believe I gained some respect with that. Now even more people were calling me Tex. I didn't have much trouble after that.

'The 6' were still pissed at me. I had heard that one of their wives had filed for divorce and 3 others their girlfriends dumped them. Hey maybe stupid people can learn. With the threat of more paybacks, as well as my standing with the other inmates getting better, they knew better than to try anything.

A couple weeks later I got a summons to go to the video room for a visit with the Judge. I told the guard that had come to get me that, "I'm not meeting with anyone without my lawyer."

"But the Judge is waiting now." He said.

"I don't care. I want my lawyer, let him reschedule, my calendar is wide open."

The guard hesitated, and then turned and left.

Three days later I was told that the meeting was set for the next week. I asked that my lawyer and I have a half hour before the meeting to confer. They made the arrangements and my lawyer and I met to talk about what was to occur.

My lawyer told me that he had not been given any information in regards to the meeting, which he felt was odd. I guess we would play it by ear.

When the Judge came on the video, I could tell he was not happy that he had been put off a week. I didn't care. In my mind he was a piece of shit that thought he was better than everyone else, just because he was a judge.

My lawyer started talking almost immediately. "Your Honor, may I ask what this is pertaining to? We got no information, we were just told to be here."

"Your client did not need to involve you." He said. "I just wanted to see if he was willing to apologize to the court for his outburst."

My lawyer looked at me and I motioned to him. He leaned over and I whispered in his ear.

"Your Honor," my lawyer said. "He is not willing to apologize and asks that you apologize to him. Also, he requests that you grant him primary custody of his child."

The Judge looked appalled. How could I be asking him to apologize. Of course, he wouldn't do that.

"My judgement in regards to the child stands and I have nothing to apologize for!" He said.

"Well then, this was a waste of all of our time. If, in the future, my client decides to change his mind we will request an audience at that time. Good day sir."

"One more thing." The Judge said.

I thought to myself, "Now we would find out the real reason for the meeting."

"Your client is not fulfilling the divorce judgement. When does he plan on making the necessary spousal support and mortgage payments?"

My lawyer leaned over to me and I whispered in his ear again.

"Your Honor, he has no plans to make any payments while he is incarcerated."

"But his house is going into foreclosure." The Judge said.

"Not my home, maybe my wife's 'Mansion', but it's not my home. I never wanted it." I said directly to the Judge.

"This will ruin your credit and you'll lose all your equity." He said.

"Small price to pay to see my loving ex-wife street walking where she belongs." I said. Then I said something that I knew would piss him off. "Perhaps all of her fuck buddies can make the payments. I'm sure between the dozen of you, you can come up with the money."

I knew that by implying that my wife was a whore and that he was one of her johns he would go ballistic.

"You no good piece of shit Southside scum. Who do you think you're talking to?"

I cut him off as he was about to continue. "I think I am talking to someone who has partaken of my wife's body. If I am wrong in that then I am sorry. I just can't understand why someone with no skin in the game, as it were, cares so much."

With that I got up and went to the door to be let out. I heard the Judge say. "Councilor, your client just earned himself 2 additional months in jail. If he continues to disrespect me, I will make his life a living hell."

I smiled as I awaited the guard that would bring me back to my cell. I could tell he had been listening, because he had a dumbstruck look on his face. He couldn't believe what I had just done.

When I got back to my cell, I was all hyped up. Apparently, my wife had said something about the mortgage to her fuck buddies and they in turn spoke to the Judge. What a fucking rat's nest. Their time was coming soon.

The next Sunday Lilly couldn't resist coming to see me in jail. Luckily Gina caught wind of it and made her take her along.

"So, I hear you pissed off the Judge again and got another 2 months in jail. When are you going to learn? You can't fight the system."

"Lilly, why don't you just not talk to me anymore. All you do is want to show your Northside attitude. I don't need it. All I need is for you to make sure Gina gets to visit me on a regular basis."

She practically yelled, "It's REGINA!"

I turned around and wouldn't talk to her. She just kept on bitching. Finally, she left and Gina came in.

When she came in, she had a huge smile on her face. I asked her why she was so happy.

"Because I get to see my Dad!" She said.

"That can't be the only reason." I said.

"Well, I do have a surprise for you, but I can't tell you what it is yet, not until I work it all out. Dad, do you trust me?"

"With my life." I said.

"Then will you sign this paper without reading it first?" She asked as she held up a piece of paper folded over.

I looked at her warily. "What are you up to?"

"You'll have to wait and see. I thought you trusted me?"

I smiled at her and signed the paper. She had it folded so only the spot where she wanted my name was available to see.

"Mom told me that you did something to get your jail time extended 2 more months. Is that right?"

"Yeah, sorry honey."

"What did you do?"

"Had a run in with the Judge again."

"Well, whatever you did he, probably deserved it!"

We talked some more about school and her Mom. She kept talking about this Dr. Alex Hodges and wondered what was going on. I tried to get her to tell me what she had planned that involved my signature but she said it would have to stay a surprise.

"Well, I'm sorry that I won't be available for your sweet sixteen, but when you come to visit me next time, I'll have a birthday present for you."

"What is it?" She asked.

"That is a surprise. So, I guess we both have surprises waiting for us." I said.

At the end of the visit I asked Gina to have Greg come to see me. Greg was my right-hand man. He helped me with all my business affairs.

"Sure Dad." She said.

I had given Greg a few specific jobs to do when I figured that I'd be put in jail. Hopefully he has been able to do them. Now I had another job for him, Gina's birthday surprise.

Later that week Greg came to visit. He had, in fact, been able to accomplish quite a lot of the things I asked to be done. Then I asked him to work out my birthday surprise for Gina. He looked at me and said, "Are you sure?"

"Yes I am. It's the perfect gift for her."

"Okay, I'll speak to our lawyer." He said.

"Also, visit my brother, Ken, and give him what you got. He'll know what to do with it. If he has questions have him visit me. If not, tell him to get with Gummy."

"Will do." He said and left. I just smiled, and kept a smile on my face all day.

Gummy knew my devious mind and would exact my revenge while I was "blamelessly" sitting in jail.

By the end of the month my popularity with the inmates had risen That guard must have told someone how I treated the Judge and, just like every other organization, the rumor mill had the news spread throughout the inmates. Pretty soon everyone was calling me 'Tex'.

Also, by the end of the month, I had a visitor. I went to the room and saw Lilly sitting there. I went to turn around and leave when she said, "Kurt, please stop. I need to talk to you."

"I have nothing to say to you, Lilly!" I replied.

"We're going to lose our house. You have to give me some money to stop the foreclosure." She pleaded.

"That's your house, Lilly. I never wanted it, but you just kept nagging me until I gave in. The house means nothing to me, and in the down market we have no equity in it. Let the bank take it."

"Kurt, you can't do that! You have to help me."

"Go ask your fuck buddies for help. I'm sure that they've got enough money. Then you can truly be the whore you are!"

"Why are you doing this to me?" She cried.

"Why did you lie and tell the Judge that I was molesting our daughter?"

She didn't know what to say. She knew she had done me wrong. She broke down crying and I walked out. It felt good to get that all off my chest.

As I was being escorted back to my cell, the guard got a call and was told to bring me back. As I walked in, expecting to see Lilly sitting there crying and wanting to beg me again to help her, I was surprised to see Gina.

"Gina, your mom didn't tell me she brought you."

"I wouldn't let her come without me." She said.

"I'm sorry I missed your birthday." I said. "But I do have a present for you, nonetheless."

"Dad, I knew you would miss it, and I don't care. I still love you. Also, you don't have to give me a present." She said.

"What a wonderful daughter I have." I thought.

"Well, I don't have it with me, in fact, that would be impossible, but I can tell you what it is. Gina, the Oak Forest home is yours. It is being put in a trust for you, for when you become an adult. Once I get out of here can I stay there, of course I'll pay you rent."

Her eyes got wide, and a huge smile came over her face. "Dad, Oh my God, you have just eliminated a huge hurdle that was holding up your surprise. I still can't tell you, but when I do, you will understand. I love you so much."

"I love you too, honey." I was baffled as to what the surprise might be. It must have something to do with our home, not the 'Mansion', our real home.

We were both all smiles as we continued to talk. She again spoke of Alex, her counselor. I was wondering if maybe she had a crush on him. I hoped that he was professional and had no ulterior motives toward her. I would have to meet this Alex as soon as I got out of here.

As I was escorted back to my cell, I had a huge smile on my face, both for the verbal battle with Lilly and the wonderful talk with Gina. The other inmates wondered what I had done now. They knew, by now, that a smile meant someone was hurting.

Then one day I got a visit from Gummy. Everything was ready. Video of my wife, other paralegals in her firm (some of them married), as well as hookers getting fucked by most of the lawyers in the firm as well as up and coming Democratic politicians and a certain Judge that I knew all too well. They were all bragging about how they were above the law and could do anything.

It's amazing, people don't pay attention to the hired help. Cleaning people can come and go at will. To someone doing the "menial labor" of cleaning the offices after hours, money talks. Free rent for a year talks a lot. We just had them put hidden cameras in the conference rooms and the offices. I knew I would get enough damning evidence to upset some lives.

My brother, anonymously of course, would be posting the videos on line with a tag line "Don't mess with Texas!" They would be sent to strategic sites and also video would be sent to all the news outlets and tabloids in the state. The different outlets would be having a feeding frenzy to see who could create the most "news" out of it. The politicians and the lawyers would be scrambling to do damage control.

I smiled and said, "In a week, go ahead and let the others know what has to happen next."

He said, "I will."

As I walked back to my cell, I had another big smile on my face. Ringer saw it and knew that I had just spoken with Gummy. He said, "Oh Shit."

I just nodded and smiled more.

When the videos hit, I was lying in my bunk and I heard the murmur going around the jail. Obviously, somehow, the news had reached our little corner of hell. I started hearing it spoken openly, "Don't mess with Texas."

I was surprised a few minutes later when the big guy, one of 'the 6', stopped by my cell and said, "You're one bad mother fucker. I'm sorry for what I did to you."

"I told you all that you didn't want to mess with me. That you would regret it. Now more people are regretting messing with me. I repay kindness with kindness and violence with violence."

"Well, I hope you accept my apology."

"Sure, just remember, just because you're big doesn't mean you can't get hurt."

He nodded and left.

About 3 days later I was summoned again by the Judge. He had already called my lawyer and he was on his way.

We sat in the video room as we were waiting for the Judge to connect.

"I wonder what this is about." He said with a smirk.

"Only time will tell." I said with a grin on my face.

"Oh Shit." He said.

When the Judge came on, he looked at me with fire in his eyes. "You did this!!" He yelled.

"What are you talking about?" I said in a deadpan voice.

"You're Tex, right?!!" He was still yelling.

"Some people call me that." I said calmly.

"You'll pay for this!!" He yelled again.

"I've been in jail for the last 4 months. How could I have done anything?" I said, matter-of-factly.

"You have friends!"

"We all have friends, your Honor." I said sarcastically.

"You won't get away with this!" He spat.

"I don't know, Judge, you may be out of a job soon, and I hear your wife is divorcing you."

"You'd better call off your dogs!" He demanded.

"Now you're calling my friends, dogs? I'm not sure they'd appreciate that. You know, if you corner a dog, you're liable to get bit."

"Are you threatening me?!" he asked.

"No, just stating an old adage." I said.

"I'm going to make your life hell! When you ever do get out of that slime pit of a jail you had better watch your back. One day you're gonna find yourself having to answer to people that couldn't care less about your life. And I will be happy with whatever they do to you!"

He then cut the transmission. I turned to my lawyer. "Did you get that?"

"Sure did." He said, holding up his phone. "More fuel for the fire. The bar association will be interested to hear that." It seems that intimidation is a felony in Illinois.

A few days later I had another visitor. It was my wife again.

"Oh, it's you. I thought I made it plain to you that I no longer had anything to say to you."

"You BASTARD!!!" She yelled.

"What are you talking about?" I asked calmly.

"You got me fired! My picture is all over the news and the internet. How could you do this to me?" She whined.

"You did it to yourself." I said.

"Do you hate me that much??"

"Yes, and all your fuck buddy lawyers that think their better than everyone else." I spat back.

I continued, "When we first met you were a nice, small town girl with a great personality. Now you're just an Uptown Bitch with no love for anyone but yourself."

"What am I going to do? I have no job, and right now no one will hire me."

"Move back to Seymour and live with your folks." I proposed.

"I can't, the local paper's headline was, 'Local Girl at the Heart of Chicago Scandal'. My parents are taking early retirement and moving to Florida to avoid all the talk."

"Florida seems to be a good place for you. You'll be that much farther away from me."

"They won't have me! They hardly want to talk to me."

"Wow, your parents hardly want to talk to you and your daughter hardly talks to you. Maybe it's you?" I said, "I guess you should move and start over somewhere. You'd better not take Gina with you though. As soon as I'm out of here I'm going back to petition the court for primary custody. I've got to believe, with your reputation, they will reconsider you as the best moral example for an impressionable young woman."

"You can't do that!" She said. "She's all I've got left."

"Lilly, I don't give a shit! You did this to yourself. We had a good life, then you had to go fucking around. Hey, that's a thought, you could become a whore for one of your fuck buddy lawyers. I'm sure there is a market for an almost 40 piece of ass."

She looked at me. All I saw was pain in her eyes. She set her forehead on the table in front of her and just cried.

"Sucks to be you." I said. Then I asked, "Did you bring Gina?"

"She practically blew her top, saying, "It's REGINA! And no, she's doing something with that doctor friend of hers!"

"Well then, I have nothing more to say to you. Don't bother coming back unless you bring 'Gina'."

I turned and walked off as she was still fuming. I didn't have a smile on my face this time. I actually felt sorry for her. She was broken.