Don't Summon Me Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"We are ready to assist in anything you may need or desire, from preparing ritual rooms to disposing of bodies. It is our pleasure to serve the Umbra family once again."

I nodded as we reached the stairs and began to climb them.

Victoria continued, "Your rooms have been prepared. They are all close together to the master bedchamber. Do not hesitate with any request. We are here to serve."

We reached the top of the stairs and made our way deeper into the castle. I drank it all in, basking in the many fond memories. It still held that magic and I was looking forward to an extended stay.

It didn't take long before we reached our quarters.

Victoria turned and we all stopped.

"The Master Bedchamber is just through the main doors. Harold will be bringing up your suitcases in a few moments. I'm sure everyone is tired from the journey. I have one of the private sitting rooms ready with hors d'oeuvres and drinks."

I looked to everyone gathered, "Drinks?"

Beth and Dana nodded. My mother and aunt nodded with kind smiles.

"Very good. I'll leave you all to settle in," Victoria said with a bow.

We all watched her stand up, turn and walk away with perfect posture and grace.

"My buzz went away from the car ride. I need more," Dana said as she turned around and began walking.

Aunt Lily and Beth followed my cousin.

I looked to my mother. Rose reached over and took my hand into hers.

"It's feels so good to be back in our ancestral home."

I nodded. "I feel the same," I said before I looked to the side.

My mother reached up and touched my cheek. She moved my face until our gazes met. She didn't have to say anything. I already knew she wanted me to talk to her.

"I don't know how I feel about opening a rift here. This is our home, just like a mansion back in the states. The presence of a rift may bring other hunters and beings of light here," I said in a low tone.

My mother squeezed my hand. "It's a concern, but a small one, my son. Once a rift is open, it cannot be closed. Even if our enemies seal it up in cement and demolish our home, the pulse of the rift will spread out and touch all those who are ready."

"We may still be sacrificing our home in the process."

"Gerald, everything we do is for the dark gods and the dreamlands. There can be no advancement without sacrifice."

I nodded. "I still wonder if we can do this another way?"

"I trust your instincts as my son and our high priest. We will follow your direction," Rose said with deep warmth.

I nodded and began walking. I tugged on my mother's hand and she walked with me. We walked down to the open doorway to a nearby sitting room. Light spilled out as shadows moved.

I stepped in and smiled. Dana was pouring a dark amber liquid into glasses. Aunt Lily and Beth lifted their glasses and nodded to each other. The three of them turned to my mother and I as we stepped in. My mother closed the door behind her.

The table in the middle of room was filled with plates of food, tiny sandwiches, full glasses and different bottles of spirits. Dana wasted no time bringing full glasses to me and Rose. My cousin's smile was infectious as she handed the glasses over.

With a glass in everyone's hand, we lifted them up, gave a nod and took a long sip.

Warmth travelled down my throat as I enjoyed the taste. We all took a seat and relaxed as the warm room gave off a hazy comfort.

"I know the journey here was long, but we can't lose focus on what we're trying to accomplish," I said.

All eyes turned to me.

I continued, "I know we're here to open another rift. We are also here to find Theo and see about bringing back Aunt Violet. Those will be our main goals, but we don't have to rush. I want to make sure we achieve our goals, without giving our enemies a chance to stop or slow us down."

Everyone nodded with attentive eyes.

"I also want everyone here to know, our visit is not just achieving our dark designs. After everything that happened on the estate, I think we earned a little rest and relaxation."

Dana's smile widened. She took a deep drink before holding it and looking at me with bright eyes.

"It feels so good to hear that. I feel like I've been losing my mind lately and some relaxation may be just what we need."

I smiled.

My mother sat poised as she spoke up, "A little rest is just what we all need to regain our strength, but bringing back Violet and the Aspect Ritual should remain high on our agenda."

Beth nodded and pulled out her cell phone. "I already contacted Theo with a text. He wrote back, very excited that we were visiting. I didn't tell him about you Aunty Rose or you, mother. I informed him that Gerald, Dana and myself were visiting and wanted to see him.

"He was so happy, he invited us to a club in Dublin, The Laughing Gargoyle. He is running the event at the club and put us on the guest list."

I looked over at Beth and nodded. "It seems the three of us are going on a date tomorrow night."

Beth smiled shyly.

My mother nodded, her smile fading a touch. "I wish Lily and I could join the three of you, but our presence may alert our enemies."

I reached over and placed my hand on my mother's hand. "I wish both of you could come with us, but we still have to ensure we have everything we need to prepare for the aspect ritual. From what I've read, we all have to be together when it is performed. That means, we need Aunt Violet and Theo."

"Will Theo be joining the coven?" Dana asked.

"If he wants to. I won't turn family away, but it is up to him if he wants to join us."

"He'll join us. After his mother returns, there is no way he will say no. He will never say no to us," Dana said with an evil smirk.

I smiled. "He will be given the choice, just like everyone here."

I looked at everyone gathered. Swirls touched my spirit as I looked upon the women I have always loved. Thoughts drifted to my aunt Violet. I could feel the pull from my mother and aunt, a primal need to bring their sister back from the dreamlands. I had to admit to myself, I wanted her back too. Having the family together once again would be a reunion of my dreams.

Dark thoughts crept into my mind as everyone gathered began to drink and talk. I caught snippets of relief and excitement to be here, but a darkness within me dug deeper. My greedy needs clawed at me. It wasn't just about the women I love, but the taste of power and doing something greater. Each passing moment sang to me, speaking of truths I denied. The barriers fell away and I accepted my place in the world. I wasn't some hero, like from a movie or book. I wasn't the villain either. I was just a man, ready to take what he wanted from a world that didn't care.

I sipped on my drink as I watched my coven, my family. The bonds grew stronger between us. The outside world could never accept or understand us. I knew we were meant to be together. I just needed more power to protect us from the light.

My mother turned her attention to me and smiled. That damned smile set my world on fire.

Tonight, we would rest. Tomorrow, we set our dark designs into motion and I was very much looking forward to it.

Fifteen

The limo pulled up to the curb.

I sat in the middle of the wide seat. Dana was to my right, drinking down the last of her whiskey. I couldn't hide my smile as she almost bounced in her seat, eager to get the night going. She spent most of the day talking about tonight and trying on different clothes. When the sun set, she finally came out in sheer leather pants, a ripped up black shirt, black eye-liner, black lipstick and several silver chains hanging from around her neck. Bats with folded wings earrings hung from her ears. Black leather boots completed her look.

I turned my attention to Beth as she leaned onto me, her arm around my waist. Beth wore something a little more conservative than her sister, but just as bold in another way. She wore a long, black dress with lace along the wrists. Ruffled lace accentuated her large bosom, drawing my eyes, and anyone else looking, to her deep cleavage.

Beth snuggled closer. She took in my scent like it was ambrosia.

I was wearing a silky black, collard shirt. I had a few of the top buttons opened, much to Dana's request so it would show off some of my collar bones and chest. Black jeans covered my legs and black leather shoes were on my feet. I had to wave away Dana's advances of gothic jewelry. I was fine with what I had on and didn't need to draw any more attention than needed.

Harold stepped outside from driver's seat. I watched him through the black, tinted glass as he made his way around to the door closest to the curb. Beth sat up and Dana continued to bounce in her seat. Harold reached the door, took hold and opened it.

Dana was first to step out. I was next and Beth followed. Once we were outside, we were greeted with lights, laughing and thumping vibrations.

I smirked as I stood before the main entrance to The Laughing Gargoyle. The establishment did indeed have a stone gargoyle in front, complete with sunglasses, various chains and a lit cigar in its partially open maw. A thick line of people stood along the block, talking and laughing as colored spotlights framed the entrance, their lights stabbing into the dark sky.

The front of the club had a gothic cathedral appearance. The stone looked weathered from either the elements or too many party nights. It looked almost like an ancient, converted bank. Several large bouncers stood at the entrance, checking tablets as they let in a few party people at a time.

My cousins moved to either side of me, hands and arms touching my arms as we became a single force.

"Remember, we're here to talk to Theo and invite him to the coven," I reminded my cousins.

"Can we still have a good time?" Dana asked with a smile.

I smiled. "I don't see why not, as long as we take care of what we came to do."

Dana grinned and squeezed my arm.

"I'll be waiting across the street. Call me if you need anything," Harold said in a dark tone.

"We will. Thank you, Harold," I said as I looked at the club entrance.

I took a step forward and the three of us moved as one to the stairs. As we climbed the steps, a few people at the front of the line gave us dirty looks. I quickly ignored them, my mind drifting to my mother. She seemed happy that we were going out, but I could tell, behind her beautiful features, she didn't want me to go. Her hand trembled as we left the castle, as if to reach out and snatch me back into her arms. I wasn't sure it was because she needed me to feed, or she simply was uncomfortable being so far from her. I tried to reassure her that we would be fine. Harold was not only our limo drive, but he was a skilled bodyguard. Despite all of that, it could have been her overwhelming love to keep me close.

It had been years since I travelled around the world, living a decadent lifestyle of learning the dark arts and visiting many parties. When my mother grew ill, it all meant nothing as I returned to her and stayed by her side to the very end.

I pushed away the dark memories as we approached the bouncers. They were large brutish men in black. One of them looked down at a tablet and cleared his throat. The others immediately stood tall and beamed welcoming smiles to me and my cousins. When we reached the top, all of them bowed, ignoring everyone else on line.

"Lord Umbra, welcome to the Laughing Gargoyle. We have been expecting you. Please come inside. You will be escorted to your party," a bouncer smiled.

I simply nodded, used to the extra attention when you come from family and power. The doors opened as people on the line began talking to each other. Their snide looks melted away as they were instantly curious as to who we were and how easily we entered the famed club.

Two bouncers flanked us as we entered. Dana continued to smile. Beth looked around with a happy gaze. Thick velvet curtains were pulled aside as a storm of music and light blasted our senses.

The main room to the club was enormous with vaulted ceilings. Light swiveled and stabbed with changing colors into the crowd. The music carried a deep beat, pulsating against our very bones. The crowd was whipped into a frenzy, dancing and carrying on like it was last night on earth.

For a brief moment, it did feel like I was home again. The beats and sounds washed over me and I wanted nothing more to bask in it. Duty did call, but after business was concluded, there was no reason to rush back home just yet.

A platform took up a corner of the immense room. It was above the crowd. There was a bar underneath, serving drinks. A staircase was against the wall that led up to the second floor. The bouncers guided us through the crowd, gently pushing dancing people away to make room for us. We reached the bottom of the stairs. Two bouncers stood like angry golems. One of them unhooked a velvet rope and bowed.

We made our way up the stairs and onto the second floor. I looked over the glass railing around the second floor to the party. Hands and bodies bounced to the beat as they almost seemed to want to grab at us like we were angels above them.

I turned away from the railing and looked at sea of leather couches, seats, and small tables. The second floor was sparsely populated and almost everyone there was by the bar against the wall, talking to each other like it was a normal night at the pub. Neon lights ran along almost every edge, pink and purple light glowing to the beat.

Two figures stepped out from a shadowy corner and approached. I turned to the two figures. One of them was someone I didn't recognize. She was similarly dressed like Dana, but had dark circles under her eyes like she never slept. Eyeliner was smudged and a spiked collar graced her thin neck. She was thin, almost emaciated. Next to her was a face I recognized from my childhood.

"It has been a long time," Theo said as he looked at me with a bowed head.

"It has. Good to see you," I smiled.

Theo looked the same, expect taller. He was very thin and had a nervous aura around him. He was wearing fashionable clothes, but even the clothes couldn't hide the natural fear in his gray eyes. As far back as I could remember, he was always nervous. His mother, Aunt Violet, always had a strong personality and often berated him in public and in private. When she passed years ago, I thought for a moment at the funeral he would be overjoyed that she was gone. Instead, he wept like a part of his soul had died.

Theo nodded and glanced to the woman beside him. "Meet Nina, my assistant."

"Charmed," I said with a smile.

Nina nodded, her face a dripping mask of neutrality.

"Nina, these are my cousins from back home. Make sure they have everything they want or need."

"Of course, Theo," Nina said with a blooming smile.

Beth and Dana uncurled their arms from me and stepped closer to Theo and Nina.

Beth was first to speak, "I think we all need some drinks."

"And maybe some medicine," Dana nodded and winked.

Nina nodded and pointed to the bar. "We have everything you could ask for. Let's gather some supplies."

The three women walked toward the bar and I was left alone with my cousin.

"Care to sit?" Theo asked.

I simply nodded. The two of us moved to a couch, table and a chair. I sat on the couch as Theo sat in the single, leather chair.

"I was surprised to get a text from Beth, saying you were staying at the castle for a time," Theo began.

"We were keeping it lowkey. It's a small getaway to relax and take in what Ireland has to offer."

I looked around at the party, lights and music. "You're doing well for yourself."

Theo nodded. "It's okay. It keeps me busy so I don't have to think about too many things."

A moment of silence filled the area between us. I wasn't sure what to say. How do I start a conversation about asking my cousin to join a blood coven and raise his dead mother?

"What really brings you out here?" Theo asked with nervous eyes.

My cousin was the nervous type, but he wasn't stupid.

"I wanted to speak to you about bringing your mother back from the afterlife," I said simply.

Theo's expression didn't change as he kept his gaze to the table. "Did you do it already? Did you bring back your mother? I remember that your family had the Libro De Nocte. I knew it was only a matter of time before you would use the dark ritual to bring her back."

"If I did, would that bother you?"

Theo looked to the side. "No. I always admired your strength. You could do things I never could. My mother passed years ago. When the year anniversary arrived, I knew I could ask you to use the book to bring her back from the Dreamlands. I..." Theo trailed off.

"Would it help to tell you that it is more than just bringing her back? I started something that could change the world. We just need to bring you into the coven and summon your mother from the dreamlands."

Theo shook his head. "They gave us instructions to never summon them back to this world. Dana and Beth are here, so its safe to assume that their mother is back as well. Why are you going against their wishes? They wanted to stay in the dreamlands, to serve the dark gods. That is our family's destiny. Why disrupt what they wanted?"

I leaned back on the couch. I looked at my cousin, a conflict in his eyes. He was waging some internal battle and I wasn't sure why. He was just like all of us, growing up with dark knowledge and duties to spread the dark word to others. He is bred and true to our family line. It was almost like he was having one, last desperate fight against what runs in our blood.

"Because, when I brought my mother back, she was not only elated, but spoke to our true family purpose. We are losing the war and the dark gods have placed knowledge in our mothers to turn the tide."

Theo blinked slowly. "You started a blood coven. That is why Dana and Beth were hanging on you as you came in. They have already bound themselves to you."

I nodded. "We can still do our work to change the tide, but Rose and Lily want their sister back. They miss her terribly and...I know you miss her too."

"I have a life here. I have people who depend on me. I bring joy to thousands of people. If I give that up, their worlds will crumble."

I smiled. "You know that is not the truth. They will move on to the next party and your parties will be a forgotten dream. We have a chance to do what the rest of family are too afraid to do."

I sat up a little straighter as I looked at my cousin. "I want you as part of the coven. I think it will help you in many different ways and help us achieve greatness. As you know, it's your choice, but I would like you to join us on this holy quest."

Theo's eyes widened a little. "You are giving me a choice to join? You're not forcing it on me?"

My eyebrow raised. "Why would I force you?"

Theo was about to say something when Nina, Dana and Beth returned. Drinks were placed on the table. A silver tray filled with a mountain of white powder was placed in the middle of the table. Metal straws laid around the powder, as did an assortment of pills.

Dana licked her lips as she picked up a metal straw and snorted up a line of powder. A happy shout struck the air as my thin cousin turned her demonic gaze on Theo.

"Such good stuff," Dana said with a devilish grin.

Theo looked down. "Only the best for my parties."

Dana held the metal straw to Theo and stepped closer. "Have some."

"I don't partake when I'm running a party," Theo said.

Dana's eyes narrowed. "I said, have some."

Nina looked on with blank eyes. Beth took a sip of her drink. I picked up my drink and took a sip of whiskey.

Theo looked away and made no move to take the straw. Dana's eyes narrowed before she stabbed a finger into the white powder and lifted up some to Theo's face. He looked away as she brought it closer to his nose. Dana's other hand grabbed at his hair and held him in place, the powered finger an inch from his nose.