Dragon Clans Bk. 01 Pt. 19

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Discovering Valerie in this very tactile way only heightened Tera's desire for her, but more than that, it presented a physical manifestation of the difference between them.

And it was those differences that she, and she suspected Valerie, both knew would present the solution to their current perceived predicament.

"That feels wonderful," Valerie said in a soft voice.

"Yes, it does," Tera, whispered in her ear, never taking her hands off Valeri's now well cleaned shoulders.

"You were saying," Tera said as she stepped back, her hands slipping lower on Valerie's back.

"I want 100% of the love Michael has to give me. I know that you want and deserve the same. I think the real question is can we both be okay loving and being loved by Michael."

"Not just understanding with our heads that he loves, wants and needs us both, but knowing it in our hearts and souls, acknowledging it as a fundamental truth. Are we capable of allowing ourselves to be loved by him, to watch him show that love to both of us, knowing that his expressions of love for both of us takes nothing away from either of us?" Valerie finished and turned, the water quickly washing away the soap that clung to every spot that Tera had touched, and those spots were numerous.

The women stared at each other; their heartbeats marked the time as it crept slowly forward in the warm cocoon that they shared.

With a smile, Valerie reached behind her and turned off the water as Tera pulled back the shower curtain.

Valerie stepped out, grabbing a towel off the rack and handed it to Tera as she took another for herself. Valerie opened the door to let some of the steam out of the room, both women were feeling overheated, the steam the least of the reasons.

"What about us," Tera asked as she efficiently dried herself off, years in the military showing through in this simple task which she completed expediently, a contrast to Valerie.

The rough but soft texture of the towel felt good on Valerie's skin as she slowly dried her arms and shoulders, watching Tera's economical motions from under her wet auburn bangs.

"Us, hmmm... there is a lot of room in that question, care to clarify a bit," Valerie said, her light teasing tone was not lost on Tera.

Wrapping the towel around her, Tera stood there in the tub for a minute, Valerie had moved on to drying her breasts and Tera was mesmerized by her movements for a moment. She recovered and moved passed Valerie out into the hallway, she was feeling a bit light headed; she only marginally blamed the steam.

Tera leaned against the wall in the dark hallway, watching as Valerie, who was turned away from her, bent over to dry her legs. Her eyes were drawn to Valerie's center, water still clinging to this most intimate spot. Blushing, Tera shook her head before giving voice to her own emotions.

"I have feelings for you, they are tied with Michael and what I feel for him, but there is also a large part of what I feel that is just about you, how I am when I'm around you. You are right of course, I want Michael in the worst way, the emotions that swirl around in my head and heart when he is close to me are like nothing I could have dreamed. My desire is for him, but I have an almost equal desire for you. If we are to be sisters I can live with that, but I want you to know that my feelings for you run much deeper than mere friendship," Tera finished, feeling more light headed than before she slipped to the floor, looking up, seeing apprehension pass across Valerie's eyes.

'I've gone to far,' Tera thought closing her eyes and shaking her head.

"Are you alright," Valerie said, from close by.

Tera opened her eyes and Valerie was there, crouched down in front of her, a look of concern playing over her features.

"I'm fine, and I'm sorry, I don't want to pressure you into anything Valerie, it's just...," Tera trailed off, closing her eyes, taking deep breaths trying to get her emotions under control.

Valerie was concerned but pressed on. "I don't feel pressured in the least," she said, sliding down the wall to sit next to Valerie before continuing.

"I've never been with a woman Tera. Oh sure I've had the normal fantasies everyone has. But I've never been in love with another woman, I have always been attracted to men, assumed they held sway over my hearts needs and my bodies desires. I can't say that is true anymore."

"For awhile I thought it was the fact that you saved my life that day on the road, you were so strong, so capable. Then later at the hospital you were there for me as well but with a different kind of strength, you supported me when I thought Michael was lost to us. I couldn't have made it through that day without you."

"Afterwards, as I got to know you, as I saw that you were important, hell, more than important, that you were loved by Michael, I thought the feelings I had for you came from that, wanting him to have whatever would make him happy."

"I wrestled with that, trying to find my own feelings, untangling them from what I felt for Michael, trying to see what my feelings about and for you were." Valerie's emotions came through in these statements.

Tera slipped her hand to her side, fingertips slowly passing over Valerie's palm, Tera intertwined her fingers with the other woman's.

The warmth and presence of Tera's hand in hers buoyed Valerie and she continued.

"Just as Michael loves and wants me differently, but just as passionately, than he wants you, my own feelings have mirrored that. I am in love with you Tera. I don't know what it means, I don't know how it happened, but it is there and I am very happy it is. I want us to be everything to each other, not just you or Michael, but everything for each of us, the three of us seem to complete a circuit, we are more together than the sum of our parts. If you will have me, I want to be everything I can be to Michael and to you. I hope that...," Valerie's sentence was cut short as Tera's lips gently landed on her own.

The kiss was soft, not long, not short. It held the promise of passion but so much more. It held the gentle caress of friendship, the easy laughter of sisterhood, the warm embrace...of home.

Standing, Valerie reached out with her hand, Tera's rose to meet it. Helping her wife off the floor Valerie slid an easy arm around Tera's waist as they walked slowly towards the bedroom.

Both women were drained from the simple and complex act of being open, of being available, of being themselves.

Valerie and Tera spent that night in each other's arms.

Both slipped into pajamas, there was no desire for physical intimacy beyond wrapping themselves in each others arms and drifting into a contented sleep that would find them refreshed, with a very different perspective than they had when the sun had set the previous night.

"Tera, time to wake up," Valerie said. The room was gray, the dawn just breaking, shrouding the space in a soft opaque glow.

Tera stirred, her eyes opening slowly, taking a moment to focus as she clawed her way up from the warm depths of a contented sleep.

"Good morning," Tera sighed, her arms stretching up over her head, legs uncurling and flexing. She felt rested. She lay in the warmth created by the proximity of their bodies looking into Valerie's eyes, both women sharing a knowing moment.

"Thank you for last night," Tera said as she rolled over propping her head on her hand as her other reached out, gently moving some of Valerie's stray auburn tresses from in front of her eyes.

"No thanks are required, I haven't slept that well in years, you make me feel so very safe," Valerie said as she moved closer to Tera, her lips brushing lightly against the other womans, both of their eyes half closing at the gentle contact.

"We need to get moving, I have early meetings and you have someone's body to guard," Valerie said playfully as she slid out of bed and walked from the room.

"Michael," Tera said with a whisper and a smile as she too rose from the bed, ready for the day to begin.

..........

Wednesday passed quickly for Valerie. She had rescheduled several meetings, trying to free up Friday. It seemed important that they get to Nogardshire a bit early, the incoming call on her cell phone would only solidify that feeling.

"Good morning Val," Ian said, his voice full of energy.

"Ah, good morning uncle, I was just thinking about you," Valerie replied.

"Do you think you could make it up here on Thursday," Ian asked, the animation with which the request was made was not lost on Valerie.

"I was actually already working on that, I have pushed a few things back and forward, I was going to call you this afternoon and see if it would be alright if we came a day early. Michael is very eager to take a look around, I figured the extra day would provide some time and not cut into attending the festival," Valerie answered.

"Excellent, Millie and I are looking forward to seeing you and meeting Michael..." Ian paused, as if thinking if he wanted to say this next before continuing, "...and Tera, Nigel and Millie both say she is a very unique young woman, I am looking forward to meeting her as well." Ian finished.

"I think you will like her Uncle, I know that she means the world to Michael...and to me as well," Valerie said. The strength of her statement was not lost on Ian.

"How are you Val, I know the last two weeks have been hard with the accident and all, are you doing alright, is there anything I can do," Ian said.

Valerie smiled at the deep and abiding care with which Ian said this last.

"I'm good, hell, had I know that attempted kidnapping would leave me in the state I find myself I would have signed up for one long ago," Valerie laughed in answer.

Ian shared her laugh, hearing the truth of her current state in that simple, easy statement.

"I'll let you go, I'm glad you will be able to come up Thursday, I love you Val, be safe, see you soon," Ian finished.

"I love you too Ian, cheers," Valerie closed the phone, pleased that her instincts about going to Nogardshire early had been correct.

Lunch with Tera and Michael passed easily.

Valerie once again found herself absorbed within the proximity of the two of them, watching the interplay between them, aware of their interplay with her.

She gained the perspective that it was more of a fluid circle she was part of, not what you typically think of as a triangle. There were no sharp points or edges; the three of them simply flowed into the others when they were together.

She left lunch feeling energetic, looking forward to the rest of her day.

There was an interesting energy at the impromptu dinner in her office that evening.

The meetings had gone well that afternoon, initial feedback on Michael's performance was excellent, the teachers that had audited his first class were enthusiastic about his obvious passion for the material and they had high hopes that they may be able to lure him into accepting a full time position.

Valerie had laughed internally as visions of the full time positions she would like to lure Michael into flitted across her mind.

Sitting with Michael and Tera now, the last thing she wanted to do was leave, but the meeting could not be put off.

"Tera, you bunking with me or at Michael's tonight," Valerie asked as she pulled on the Italian leather jacket and grabbed her briefcase.

After a moments pause Tera answered.

"I'll hang out here and head home with you," Tera answered.

Valerie and Tera both noted the shadow that passed over Michael's face with that answer.

Valerie knew there was more that the women needed to delve into before the weekend and she was more than a little pleased at Michael's hang dog look.

It was good to be wanted.

"He didn't look too pleased about being alone again," Valerie commented to Tera as they made their way across campus.

"No he didn't, but you and I...," Tera said with a pause, slipping her hand into Valerie's before continuing, "...have things to talk about. We covered a lot last night but there is more," Tera finished, giving Valerie's hand a little squeeze.

"Yes, there is more, and best that we work out as much as we can before we get to Nogardshire. I think the weekend holds things neither of us can guess," Valerie said as she turned to Tera, moving close to her, feeling the warmth radiating off her body even through the layers of clothes that separated them.

The only thing that touched were their lips, it started tentatively but then grew in passion, their desires laid bare under the white heat that the shared touch brought forth in them.

Stepping back from Tera, Valerie closed her eyes running a hand through her hair, trying to get some composure back. With a last long look in the other womans eyes Valerie said, "See you in about an hour," then spun on her heels and disappeared into the conference room.

As was becoming her habit, Tera simply stared at the closed door through which she has passed, enjoying the after image of their kiss, hoping it was a foreshadowing of more to come.

The ride back to Valerie's went quickly. This time of the evening Oxford was mostly sequestered behind its doors. The dark streets passed in a blur, both women silent, lost in their own thoughts.

Valerie was curled up on the couch, wrapped in an oversized terrycloth robe; she felt the tensions of the day slipping away.

Tera was in the shower now, Valerie had taken one first, making sure to lock the door, she did not know exactly what the evening held but she needed just a bit of time to find her own balance, to get ready for whatever was to come.

She thought she heard the door handle rattle once while under the spray, she could have been mistaken of course.

Tera came out of the bathroom, the contrast between the two women were highlighted in their choice of dress.

While Valerie had chosen the warmth of the robe, Tera had chosen an ensemble that was a bit more revealing.

The tight white shorts and black halter top exposed most of her athletic form.

Tera paused for a moment, looking at Valerie then with a smile walked over and sat down on the couch next to her.

"So," Tera began, her hand coming to rest on top of Valerie's where it lay on the cushion.

"We established that we both love and want Michael, in the most spiritual and carnal ways imaginable. You have said that you are in love with me and that you want to be...everything to Michael as well as me. Valerie, I love you with a passion that is, as you said, matched only by the passion I feel for Michael."

"I want you, as my friend, lover, companion, confidant, sister and wife. I want to protect you, be there for you, to walk the road of life with both you and Michael by my side. No conditions, no compromises, just the three of us, complete and together...always," Tera finished, her fingers slipping between Valerie's, their tips squeezing into the soft flesh of her palm.

Valerie's hand reached out tentatively, cupping Tera's cheek in her palm. She looked into her eyes, feeling the connection between them strengthen with each passing heartbeat.

"How does this work," Valerie said, feeling the blush on her cheeks, all of the confidence she had built up about this moment seeming to evaporate like rain on hot street.

"However you want it to Valerie, I have no compass for this, sex has always been about fulfilling a need for me. Being loved, loving, imparting that...I'm just as much a virgin in this as you," Tera's response put Valerie at ease.

Valerie moved closer to Tera, untangling her hand she brought it to the small whitish scar on her calf.

"Where did you get this," Valerie whispered as her fingertip played over the slightly raised skin.

"Afghanistan, got grazed by a piece of shrapnel from a grenade," Tera answered as she shifted on the couch, moving away from Valerie for a moment as she lay back on the couch putting her legs across the other womans.

Tracing a line from Tera's calf her fingertip moved up to the sliver moon like scar under her knee.

"And this," Valerie asked.

"I was guarding the queen, an IRA splinter group wanted to kidnap her, I showed them the error of their ways. In the process the knee was broken and had to be replaced," Tera said, enjoying the feeling of Valerie's warm touch on the cool surface of the scar.

Valerie's hand moved further on, the long livid scar that ran from beneath Tera's shorts, across and between her thighs was striking in contrast to her mocha skin. It felt harder than the others. Valerie looked up at Tera, the question in her eyes.

"Tibet, we were evacuating monks from a temple that we had intelligence was to be destroyed. The opposition showed up sooner than we thought. One of the bad guys got around on my blindside, his tanto knife caught me off guard as I was fighting two others. That one almost killed me from loss of blood, the scar is so bad because it was field dressed, by the time we got back to base there was only so much the doctors could do," Tera's breath caught as she finished.

Valerie's whole hand was running over the length of the scar, Tera's legs parted instinctually at the touch.

Valerie looked up and saw Tera's eyes glaze a bit as her hand moved over her thigh, noticed the way her legs parted slightly. Valerie was amazed at the heat the woman put off, the sensual dual nature of her soft skin crisscrossed by these memento's from years spent fighting for her life.

The small scar on Tera's shoulder was her fingertips next stop, this one seemed darker than the rest, the most healed, perhaps the oldest.

Eyes closed Tera spoke.

"Basic training, one of my fellow grunts didn't pull back his knife quite far enough during a close combat drill. The scar I gave him was a bit deeper and longer than mine," Valerie said, the mirth of her answer not easily missed.

Tera sat up, her hands reaching for the bottom of her shirt she slipped it over her head in one graceful movement, dropping it to the floor she settled back down to let Valerie continue her inventory.

There we three small puckered spots running from the top of her left breast to below her breast and the last at her abdomen. Two of Valerie's fingers traced the outline of the top one, then slid lower.

Valerie watched Tera's nipple harden as her fingers lingered on it for a moment before moving lower. When she reached the bottom one Tera spoke.

"Iraq, an insurgent let loose with his AK, it was the last thing he did. I was lucky, didn't hit anything important." Tera said, her voice hard with this explanation, her body tensing a bit. Valerie assumed there was much more to this story but she didn't press.

Valerie thought she had covered them all when she saw a small pink scar on Tera's side, her fingertips moved to it and she was shocked when she touched the smooth raised bump between Tera's ribs.

"Michael," Valerie said, a touch of awe in her voice.

"Yes, from the bridge, there is another one on the other side," Tera said.

Valerie's other hand moved to her friend's side, playing over the twin of the one already under her fingers.

"I can feel his...essence," Valerie said, gently massaging the two points, lost for a moment in Michael.

"It's like I carry a piece of him with me now. As if he gave me a bit of himself, everything that makes him unique, to save me." Tera said as she sat up.

Valerie was close now, she did not move her hands from Tera's side, she simply looked into her lovers eyes for a moment and then all of her pent up need and want broke over her like a dam giving way after holding back a roiling flood.

There was nothing more now than to give into the primal energy of the moment and let it take her where it will.

Tera's lips burned against hers as they met. There was no turning away from this need.

Valerie's tongue slipped to Tera's, they met tentatively at first and then began to dance together.