Dragonborn Rising Ch. 47

Story Info
The adventures of Ragnar the Dragonborn continue.
7.2k words
4.72
3.7k
4

Part 47 of the 64 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 12/13/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 47 -- Cold Skin, Dead Heart

*****

I enjoyed at least a few weeks of peace at the College with my three girls, and it wasn't the continuous fuck-fest you may imagine. Not saying we didn't make love, fuck or even enjoy some group sex at times, but once Mirabelle let Aela know her true feelings on the matters, Aela never raised it again, while Lydia found herself as part of our little foursome very quickly.

And I managed to stave off the boredom mostly. When Mirabelle was busy working, I'd head out and explore the area. I found a few shipwrecks along the coast and felt like an adventurer once again. Aela and Lydia would occasionally join me, and on the rare occasion, we'd find ourselves finding a nice little treasure trove of goodies. We always went armed, as more than once, we'd stumble across a bandit camp that required clearing. We also found other camps that had already been wiped out, figuring it was down to fellow bandits or possibly the Companions.

Aela and I would also go hunting occasionally, though the bleak snow landscapes didn't offer all that much. We'd find the occasional cave, though we were always careful entering those. I could tackle most things but neither of us wanted to wander into a bear pit.

As for Lydia, she surprised me by really focusing on developing her magical talents. When I asked her why, she was suddenly shy before admitting she was learning so, if the worst ever happen, that is I was injured, she could at least heal me before I received medical treatment. Plus, she admitted to enjoying learning magic, and her teachers were full of praise when I asked about her progress.

But I knew it wouldn't last. Not that anything bad was going to happen, but my fate did not rest in my hands, and I knew that, one day, I'd end up being dragged away again.

It happened one afternoon. I was enjoying some alone time with Lydia. She was on all fours, just the way she liked it, while I was fucked her hard from behind. When we were alone together, we would mix up what we did. Sometimes it would soft and tender, other times it was a hard, fast fuck. We agreed that we both liked anal, but I would leave it up to her to decide what she wanted, as I was happy either way. Today, she was getting fucked hard in the arse.

Lydia lowered her head down as I really started to drive into her. She would grunt, groan and moan the entire time, but loved every second, particularly when I leaned forward and started to mention rude things into her ear. She was always very agreeable while I pounded her arse.

"Well, I should have expected this," I heard Mirabelle state, feeling her sit on the bed next to me, giving me then Lydia a kiss on the cheek. "Is it good, Lydia?"

"By Ysmir, Miri, you should try it sometime..."

I glanced at Mirabelle, who smiled at me. "Occasionally, I'll see him do this, and a small part of me thinks 'Gods, I'd love him to just pin me down like you and absolutely fuck me'. But, as I said, a small part. I've enjoyed him in my arse more than once now, but what he does with you is... something else."

Leaned across to kiss her. "And you know I loved making love to you like that. What Lydia and I do..." I stopped talking as I gave her a few hard, slow thrusts, "Well, it is different."

"Anyway, I don't mean to interrupt, but a letter has arrived, Ragnar. Wanted you to know now as it's from the Dawnguard."

That brought my fucking to a halt. "Know what it says?"

"Of course not, Ragnar. It's your letter. It's on the dinner table for when you're finished here."

"Want to join in?" Lydia asked, able to speak since I wasn't moving.

"No, you two have fun. Let me know what the letter states, Ragnar. I have a feeling..."

"Aye, I'll probably be leaving soon." All Mirabelle did was kiss my cheek before leaving. Turning my attention back to Lydia, I leaned forward and kissed her cheek. "Nearly had enough?"

"Aye, my arse is feeling a little tender now. Need to cum?"

"I'm close. Where would you like it?"

"On my face this time."

So I pulled out as Lydia got on her knees and started to please me. She knew how to bring me off quickly, and within a matter of minutes I left a load on her face. She enjoyed that, lying back, giggling away, as I cleaned myself up before grabbing the letter from the dinner table.

It was as I expected. Isran wished for me to return to Fort Dawnguard as soon as possible as he had a task apparently only the Dragonborn could complete. For some reason, he asked for me to come alone, explicitly stating not to bring anyone else. I wondered why, but I figured Aela and Lydia would be happy to remain anyway.

I told the three of them over dinner. Mirabelle expected it so didn't get upset. I think Aela was miffed about not being invited. Lydia was adamant about joining me no matter what before I suggested she should just do the letter stated. She wasn't happy but agreed to my request.

Not wanting to hang around, as I'd never end up leaving, I departed the next morning, my three girls joining me as I packed the bag onto my horse before I cuddled Lydia first, who whispered that her arse was still sore after the day before, Aela, who told me to be safe and return, before finally Mirabelle, who simply said that she loved me. Grabbing the reins, I led my horse across the bridge before mounting up to begin the long journey south.

I was tempted to visit Riften before heading to the fort, perhaps to see an old friend, but I knew that would be opening old wounds, so although I rode towards the gate, I eventually turned off and headed to the fort. Perhaps one day I would drop in, though hopefully she has found someone by now.

A stable had been built near the fort where I could leave my horse, so after leaving it safe and sound, I headed into the fort, finding Isran in the practice room. I didn't announce myself, simply watching him work, impressed with his technique, before he finally sensed my presence. "Ah, Dragonborn. Good of you to come so quickly."

"Well, your letter sounded urgent so I figured I'd leave immediately."

Grabbing a cloth, he wiped his face before I followed him into the dining hall, a tankard each placed in front of us by one of the servants. He took a sip before continuing. "I know it sounded like an odd request but there is a reason why. I received a letter from Solitude two weeks ago, asking for you specifically."

"Oh, what for?"

"Apparently there is a vampire problem and they asked for you specifically. And only you."

"Why?"

Isran shrugged. "No idea but the letter was explicit. Send only the Dragonborn. Considering where the letter has come from, I guess it's either General Tullius or Jarl Elisif who has made the request. It had both their signatures on it."

"Guess I should leave soon then."

"Aye. Rest up tonight and get there as soon as you can. No idea how urgent it is." Before I could get up, he did state, "Your friend Delphine has been around recently."

"What makes you mention that?" I wondered.

"Well, it's clear there's been a falling out since she's only working by herself nowadays. I haven't questioned her as to what happened but she's been rather moody whenever she returns."

"Where is she now?"

"She has no real mission so she's out hunting for vampires or is working for that group I knows she is with. Far as I know, anyway. Care to share what happened, because from what I remember, you were rather friendly, including your other friend, Lydia."

"She requested me to perform an action I would not consider doing. She chose to end our relationship because of my refusal. I hold no real ill feeling towards her though the same cannot be said for others. I simply won't do what she asked. She chose to walk away."

"Well, as long as it doesn't affect what we're trying to do here."

"It won't. I just don't think we'll work alongside each other very often from now on."

That satisfied him and he left me to it. I joined the rest for dinner later that evening before retiring to a spare room. Isran and the rest had been busy as the fort now looked lived in, at least, and from the new faces at the dinner table, they'd certainly been recruiting. I hadn't heard of too many vampire attacks, but I had a feeling they attacked people outside of cities. Far easier to grab the lone traveller than attempt to grab someone behind city walls.

I departed the next morning, looking over a map to figure out the best route to Solitude. Which route I did take, it would be one hell of a ride, ensuring I had a tent as I figured I'd be camping for at least two nights. Travelling by myself wasn't a big problem. Sure, I missed my girls at times, but when I was in the middle of nowhere with just my tent and a campfire, able to gaze upon the night sky, it was those brief moments that I actually felt a sense of peace. And now that I was cured, I was certainly sleeping like a log. Never realised how interrupted my sleep was until the night after I was cured.

Approaching Solitude three days after I'd left Riften, I stabled my horse as usual before heading inside. Compared to Whiterun, the capital was a hive of activity, needing to thread my way through the marketplace, ever so crowded with people wanting to buy fresh produce. The path towards the Blue Palace was a little quieter, at least, though there was plenty of noise coming out of the Bards College.

Walking into the Blue Palace, a guard asked me to hand over any weapons, giving him my sword, dagger and shield, before I was led upstairs. "Who are you?" I was then asked.

"Ragnar Dragonborn. I believe I'm expected."

"Ah, yes. Sybille Stentor wishes to see you. She is currently in her quarters upstairs. Go left once at the top, then it's the third door."

Knocking on the door, I waited for it to be opened. It eventually was. "Who are you?" she asked.

"Ragnar Dragonborn."

"Ah, you've come at least. Please," she stepped to the side, "Come right in."

Doing as she asked, I walked in and quickly looked around. No doubting she was a mage with all the magical paraphernalia around the room. I knew enough to recognise soul gems, for example. Taking one of the spare seats, she poured me a cup of wine before sitting across from me. "Nice of you to come all this way, Dragonborn."

"No problem but I do wonder why I'm here. Didn't think Solitude would have problems with vampires."

"Well, there are a few reasons why your presence was requested. I'll get to the first one immediately. General Tullius knows exactly who you are."

I couldn't help smirk. "I figured."

"He's going to join us shortly as he would have been notified of your arrival once you gave the guard at the door your name. Don't do anything stupid."

"I won't but I do wonder what he wants now."

"But that does relate to the second thing. Elisif has not stopped talking about you since she returned from the council you held at High Hrothgar. And I mean every single day, Dragonborn. There is no doubt in my mind that woman is... well, I'm sure you can imagine."

"Is that why you invited me here?"

"I care about those I work for and do not wish to see them hurt. So there was an ulterior motive, which is that I wanted to cast my eye over you first before agreeing to anything that Elisif might want."

"I also have personal circumstances as well."

Before she could ask what, there was a knock at the door, General Tullius walking in, followed by a woman in Legion uniform. She stood at the door while Tullius took a seat at the table, Sybille pouring him a cup of wine as well. He looked at me in silence for at least a couple of minutes. I just returned the look, though kept my face friendly.

"Soon as I walked into High Hrothgar, I knew it was you. The assassination attempt. What happened at Helgen. And now you're the Dragonborn? I think it's the Eight playing a ridiculous prank on us all." He sighed. "And now my hands are tied. I cannot possibly arrest the Dragonborn, charge him again with the same crimes, and then see him executed. The people will not stand for that, not after you saved the world." He sighed again. "And then there is Lady Elisif. I don't know what you said or did, Dragonborn, but that woman is contemplating doing something very stupid. I'm sure Sybille has already shared a detail or two."

"She has."

"I walked in here in two minds, Dragonborn. Part of me still think you should see the inside of a jail cell for a long time to come. But the other part of me has been told of the good deeds you have done since Helgen. Becoming a Companion and then Harbinger. The work you did against Alduin and ending his reign of terror. And I understand you are now a member of the Dawnguard. So I guess you are restoring your honour. But there remains one question, and I wish for an honest answer." I nodded for him to continue. "Did anyone from the Dark Brotherhood make it out alive?"

"Before I reply, I want a guarantee."

"Name your price and I'll see if it's agreeable."

"Quite simple, really. Once I reply, that is a line through everything. I have a clean slate. I like to believe I have cleansed my conscience, my soul, over the past months doing what I've done."

"Indeed. Even the Emperor has heard, knowing exactly who you are. He wishes to meet with you again. Preferably this time without his best soldiers in the same room."

"Really? He does?"

"He wishes to meet the man that saved Skyrim and possibly his Empire. Of course, there will be certain... restrictions if you were to meet him. But I can assume you no longer desire to kill the man, at least."

"No. Performing another assassination will simply undo much of the good work I've done."

"So, the Dark Brotherhood?"

"If you can give me a map?" Tullius asked Rikke, who headed outside and returned quickly. Rolling it out across the table, I pointed with a finger. "You'll find the last sanctuary there. A hidden door and a phrase you need to get inside. You won't find many people in there, and without me, they can't receive contracts. Burn the Night Mother's body would be my best suggestion, then dump the ashes into the sea."

"I understand one of them is a child?"

"Aye, but she's a vampire. There should only be two others in addition to her."

"And that's it?" I nodded. He turned to Rikke. "Have a detachment of men prepared to leave at once. This time, we leave nothing to chance."

"Aye, sir. I'll head out immediately."

After she departed, he turned back to me. "As for you, Dragonborn, the slate is now clean. The Emperor has already instructed me not to arrest you, and as far as he is concerned, your previous actions are forgiven, not entirely forgotten. He also suggests you stay on the right path going forward. As for myself, I'm still in two minds, but I cannot forget the fact that, thanks to actions you have taken, the dragon threat has ended. For that, I can only say thank you."

"Don't need any thanks but I appreciate it all the same."

"Very good. Now, I know Sybille wanted to speak with you, so I'll leave you to it."

Once he departed, Sybille got straight to the point and, to be honest, it sounded rather simple and was left wondering why they needed me to do it. When I raised that point, Sybille simply smiled. "A simple test, Dragonborn. That's all. I want to know if myth matches reality." She obviously ran her eyes up and down. "On appearances alone, you definitely meet what I thought. I'm a sure a few vampires won't be too much trouble."

Putting a cross on my map and with some vague directions, I headed out of the Blue Palace, back through Solitude, to the stables and mounted my horse. Finding the cave wasn't particularly difficult, though I did run into one or two creatures of the forest on the way, including a spriggan. I'd dealt with more than one over time, but they could be tough to kill, particularly if there was more than one.

Wandering inside, it was rather dark, and it was only at times like these that I missed the enhanced senses provided by the werewolf blood. Thankfully, there were braziers providing some light so I could at least move forward with caution, sword already unsheathed, ready to strike. The first chamber I entered was empty, though the skulls suggested something untoward might be found further in. Following a long tunnel, it emptied into a larger chamber, where I could see an altar and a few pews. I counted at least ten vampires, but first, I needed their attention.

Cupping my mouth, I just yelled, "Hey, vampires!"

All heads turned towards me and a loud hiss erupted as I just returned a sarcastic wave. Moving as one, all of them headed my way, including the one standing at the altar, wearing robes, so I assumed he was the Master. Once they were all in range, I simply used my Thu'um.

YOL -- TOOR -- SHUL

Most of them dropped to the ground, their screams echoing around the cave as they burned. Only the Master Vampire managed to escape the fury of the flames, raising my shield just in time as he cast a spell. Wasting little time, I closed in on him, and he realised quickly that he was unarmed against someone far more powerful. I could have used my Thu'um again, but I wanted to kill him myself, making him back up until he could go no further. He attempted another spell, stupidly holding out his hands. Without protection, I simply ran him through with my sword. His hands going down to cover his wound, I quickly adjusted and took his head.

There was no point looking around. All I did was make sure all the others were dead before leaving, so that meant hacking off some heads. All in a day's work, I thought, walking out, still wondering why I'd been requested to handle such a simple task.

Making it back to Solitude with just enough light in the sky to see where I was going, I headed straight to the Blue Palace to let Sybille know the cave was cleared. Knocking on her door again, she didn't seem all that surprised to see me again so quickly, ushering me in to sit down, handing over another cup of wine.

"I take it the cave is cleared?"

"Aye, was a simple task."

"Filthy creatures, aren't they? Living in the darkness, like they do. So uncivilized. I prefer finery. Like this," she said, gesturing around the room.

But something about what she'd just said... Sipping at my cup, I gazed over the rim at her, face hidden by the hood. Something about those eyes which stared back into mine. Before I could say anything, she continued. "I've heard rumours about you, Ragnar Dragonborn. Well, not rumours. I hear things, like the arrangement you currently have at the College. Your long list of, shall we say, lovers. And I know Elisif wants... Well, what she wants and what she can have are two very different things. But I certainly won't be letting you get your claws into her without..."

"Without what?"

She stood up and walked to the door, locking it, before returning to the table, resuming her seat opposite me. It was only then that she removed her hood to reveal what she was. My first thought was that she was absolutely beautiful. Long brunette hair. Yellow-orange eyes. A face that seemed carved by a master sculptor. The smile was both confident yet nervous. Strange.

My second thought was that she absolutely, categorically, a vampire. No doubt, one hundred percent fact.

My third thought amused me, as I think she wanted to fuck me.

"I am what you think, Ragnar. And I'm sure that leads to many questions in that head of yours. I'll put it simply. I have been a vampire for a long time now and have managed to keep it a secret. No-one knows how old I am but I'm old enough to have seen a lot of friends die over the years. I won't tell you how I became one, that's not important. What I can tell you is that I have done and will do nothing to jeopardise my position here. I loved Torygg, I loved his father, and the man who came before him. I have served Solitude before and will do so until my dying breath."

12