Dragonborn Rising Ch. 49

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You really don't mind?"

"Ragnar, I know you have strong feelings for her already. And I think she's already got them for you but she's unsure because of everything else. I just don't think she'll be as open regarding certain elements like myself, Aela and Lydia, at least to begin with. But, rest assured, Ragnar, she will be number four. She's a lovely woman and I would like to see her with us permanently."

"Even though she's..."

"Honestly, Ragnar, you wouldn't even realise that about her except the fact she's rather pale and her eyes."

The next day, Serana and I discussed the next plan of action. Urag finally had information for us, letting us know a Moth Priest was coming in from Cyrodiil. He would make his way to Solitude first, to meet with General Tullius. After that, he wasn't sure, surprised he wasn't going to come to the College first, though the College and Moth Priests didn't exactly have a lot to do with each other.

The best idea I could think was to head to Solitude and hope the Moth Priest was still there. If not, we'd just have to ask for his next destination and hope we can catch up with him quickly. All we could hope is that he would prove to be helpful. I guess if we explained everything, he should understand. We let Mirabelle, Aela and Lydia know what was going on. Lydia was no longer interested in helping out the Dawnguard, the whole affair with Delphine leaving a bad taste in the mouth. Aela had never really joined, and the three were happy to stay at the College, though Aela and Lydia suggested they might return to Whiterun soon, as both were starting to miss home. They both had a key to Breezehome but suggested, once it was over, I would return to the College first. They expected that.

Serana and I departed the next day, my three girls each giving me a long hug, and a deep kiss, wishing Serana and I good luck, before we led our horses across the bridge, mounted up, and followed the road south for a little while before heading west. We made it to Solitude within the day, though it was dark by the time we stabled our horses.

I could sense Serana was nervous as we approached the gate, but was surprised when she sought out my hand. Yes, we'd hugged at the College, and she'd been close when intimate, but that was caught up in the moment. She generally avoided being touched at all. When she came in very close, she whispered, "Don't let go."

"Are you okay?"

"I don't like crowds. Make me nervous." Didn't even think about that. She squeezed my hand. "I'll be okay as long as you're with me, Ragnar."

I swear, sometimes she was a mind-reader. I'm not sure if that was a good or a bad thing sometimes.

We headed to one of the taverns in town and grabbed a room. There was only one available, but Serana didn't seem phased by that at all. I asked for a meal and drinks to be brought to our room, and figured I'd ask about the Moth Priest at the same time. I was amazing what innkeepers learned, and just our luck, he knew exactly who we wanted.

"Aye, I know of him as he stayed here just a couple of nights gone. Said he was heading south to Markarth. Not sure what for."

"So he left yesterday or the day before?"

"Day before. He was going as far as Dragon Bridge, then he was hoping to get some sort of escort further south, particular as it's bandit country once you cross the bridge itself."

"Well, at least we have some idea where he's headed. Thanks."

I let Serana know what I'd discovered one I returned to our room, finding she was actually eating some of the meal I'd bought for her. Again, I hadn't thought and it must have showed on my face. She smiled at me. "I appreciate the thought, Ragnar. And I can still eat. It's just it doesn't really do anything for me."

Sitting down, I asked, "Can you taste anything?"

"Actually, more than you'd think. I can eat for the enjoyment without having to watch my figure." That gave me a good chuckle as I poured her a glass of wine. "And I can drink as much of this as I want and not get drunk."

I didn't drink too much and we did go to bed early. I thought she would be awkward again, considering there was only one bed. She did take off her robes but left on a thin shirt and what looked like short pants. I only wore underwear as that was most comfortable. Getting under the furs, she did turn to face me though didn't come too close, at least to start with.

"It's a little weird, Ragnar."

"I can sleep on the floor..."

"No!" she exclaimed quickly, causing me to raise my eyebrows. "That won't be necessary. I trust you."

I smiled and suggested I blow out the candle to get some sleep. Once we were in darkness, I was just going to let myself drift, but Serana couldn't seem to get comfortable, and even in the darkness, I could see her slowly but surely getting closer to me. Eventually I heard her quietly asked, "Are you awake?"

"Aye."

"Can you... hold me?"

"I can, but if I hold you all night, you might... In the morning..."

"I'll try not to freak out," she stated with humour.

She wriggled until she was moulded against my body and I could wrap my arms around her. Once I did, I heard and felt her sigh, and I hope it was one of contentment. I caught a scent of something in her hair, and I was fairly sure she constantly wore perfume, as she always smelled lovely. Mostly I just willed my body not to react to her being so close to me.

"Thank you," she whispered. I just grunted, not trusting my voice. And she fell asleep rather quickly, so I think she got what she wanted. I managed to fall asleep a little later.

I woke up with a raging hard on the next morning and immediately moved away from Serana. That woke her up, thankful I'd already moved, and she did wonder why. "I'm hard," I stated bluntly, so she'd understood.

"Oh..."

"I didn't want you to freak out."

"Well, I've seen it before, Ragnar. I just haven't felt it against me. So... I feel cold like this, so rest your body against mine."

"Are you sure?"

She didn't reply but noticed the head nod, so I carefully moved my body against hers. She definitely gasped when I pressed against her, and I think she fought a battle of wills not to move away. When I was pressed against her, I gave her a gentle squeeze. "Did you sleep well?"

"I haven't slept that well in... well, a long time. I think it was the company." She paused, letting the silence continue until she said something that startled me. "Ragnar, I've been thinking a lot lately."

"About what?"

"Watching you and Mirabelle... I want that."

"You do?"

"I do. But it's a big step and... I still have to tell you everything. I can't do it before then because, once I've told you, I'll feel better and you'll understand. After that, if you still want to be with me..."

"Absolutely," I stated softly.

"I always wondered if I'd find a man who accepted me how I am. Being a vampire limits your options. Even before I was a vampire, we were a weird family and... well, let's just say I didn't have many opportunities. I spent most of my time experimenting with magic and other things."

"Were you..." I sighed. I just couldn't ask the question without making her open up about everything.

She flipped over so she was facing me. "I'll tell you everything soon and you can ask me any question that's on your mind. Okay?" I nodded, which earned a smile. Then she surprised me completely by leaning forward and giving me a soft kiss. Didn't last more than a couple of seconds but it left me speechless. "And I had to do that just then because, if I didn't, I was going to go crazy. Since the day you opened my tomb, Ragnar, I've felt safe in your presence."

I gave her a hug before suggesting we get up for breakfast. She thought that was a good idea, as finding the Moth Priest was what we were there for. I did watch her get out of bed, and she certainly showed more skin than I'd seen so far. Again, very pale, but she had a lovely, lithe figure, rather slim to be honest. She noticed me looking and smiled at me again before she started to assemble herself in her robes. I got up, dressed in my armour quickly, before heading downstairs to grab us a plate of food.

Breakfast eaten, we headed out, grabbed and mounted our horses, and headed straight for Dragon Bridge. We asked about the Moth Priest and were told he'd departed the previous day. I figured he wouldn't have made Markarth so we might find remnants of a camp. Crossing the bridge and joining the road south, we eventually found remnants of something far worse.

A dead horse. A couple of dead bodies. An overturned cart. And a lot of blood. We dismounted and investigated, finding a satchel that definitely belonged to the Moth Priest, according to Serana anyway. I checked the bodies and found bite marks. I let Serana know and she simply sighed.

What we could do was follow the blood trail. The amount of blood was concerning, though Serana was confident that they wouldn't want to kill the Moth Priest as her father would have been after him for the same reason as ourselves, therefore taking him alive was critical to their success. The blood trail eventually led us to a nearby cave, tying up our horses outside before I unsheathed my sword. "We kill everyone and take the priest," I stated.

"Definitely," she agreed, and I think she was definitely going to enjoy the next few minutes.

Wiping out the vampires inside wasn't too difficult. Sure, one or two caused a momentary concern but with my strength and Serana's magic, they didn't stand a chance. What did concern me was that Serana recognised a couple of them. Her father's lieutenants, she called them. And if he was now sending them out into the world, he was proving to be deadly serious about the prophecy. Trying to question them proved fruitless as they were dead.

Freeing the Moth Priest wasn't too difficult, Serana understanding the magic used and the barrier disappeared quickly. What we didn't expect was the priest to attack us. He was an old man, and I'd sheathed my sword, so all it took was a quick slap to snap him out of whatever spell still lingered. He was very apologetic as I helped him to his feet.

"You okay?"

"I'm quite alright, thanks to you. Dexion Evicus is my name. I'm a Moth Priest of the White Gold Tower. These vampires claimed they had some purpose in store for me, but they wouldn't say what. Probably hoping to ransom me, the fools. Now tell me, whom do you represent, and what do you want with me?"

"I'm the Dragonborn, I'm working with the Dawnguard, and we need you to read an Elder Scroll."

"You have an Elder Scroll? Remarkable! If my knowledge of history serves me, I recall that the Dawnguard was an ancient order of vampire hunters. I will be happy to assist you with your Elder Scroll. Just tell me where I need to go."

"You can ride with me, Dexion," Serana offered, "We'll escort you back to Fort Dawnguard."

"Oh, that's very kind of you. I'm afraid those vampires killed my escort and means of transportation."

"I managed to pick up one or two of your things from your satchel," I added.

Heading outside, there was still plenty of light, so after mounting up, we immediately made our way south-west in the direction of Riften. We wouldn't make it in a day, agreeing to rest up in or around Whiterun and completing the journey the next day. We did eventually spend the night at Breezehome, Dexion taking Lydia's room, Serana happily joining me again. There was nothing further than the night spent in Solitude, though she quickly spooned into me before going to sleep, and didn't run away with fright when waking in the morning, though she did turn around to stop me poking her.

Dexion provided plenty of conversation along the road to Riften, asking me plenty of question considering he now knew who I was. I told him the basis and it appeared news about who I was had made it to Cyrodiil. I guess that wasn't terribly surprising.

It was dark by the time we made it back to Fort Dawnguard, our arrival announced as Isran was waiting for us. Recognising that we'd brought an old man with us, he was surprisingly kind, suggesting we rest up before he read the Scroll. Surprisingly, Dexion was keen to do it immediately, stating he was trained in such matters, and the sooner he read it, the sooner he could relax. Isran looked at me, I just shrugged, so Isran agreed to do it straight away.

Serana handed him the Scroll as everyone gathered around, ready for him to start the reading. I have no idea if he had to go through any mental or physical preparations, but he opened it within a few minutes and began to state what was on the Scroll.

"Now, if everyone will please be quiet, I must concentrate.

I see a vision before me, an image of a great bow. I know this weapon! It is Auriel's Bow!

Now a voice whispers, saying "Among the night's children, a dread lord will rise."

In an age of strife, when dragons return to the realm of men, darkness will mingle with light and the night and day will be as one.

The voice fades and the words begin to shimmer and distort. But wait, there is more here.

The secret of the bow's power is written elsewhere. I think there is more to the prophecy, recorded in other scrolls.

Yes, I see them now... One contains the ancient secrets of the dragons, and the other speaks of the potency of ancient blood.

My vision darkens, and I see no more.

To know the complete prophecy, we must have the other two scrolls."

He closed the Scroll and appeared to weaken considerably, Isran stepping forward and gently helping him remain standing. "Come on, old man. You should get some rest."

Before he left, I made sure to shake his hand and thank him for his help, Serana doing the same. Only when she did that did he seem to realise what she was, but he didn't make mention of that face, simply nodding his head in our direction, no doubt understanding why a vampire would be helping us. As Isran led him away, Serana grabbed my hand and led me away from the group.

"I think I know where we can start looking for one of the Scrolls," she whispered.

"Where?"

"We need to find my mother, Valerica. She'll definitely know where it is, and if we're lucky, she actually has it herself."

"But you said you don't know where she went?"

"The last time I saw her, she said she'd go somewhere safe, somewhere that my father would never search. Other than that, she wouldn't tell me anything."

"Sounds like she was being cautious. Considering your father and all... What is your exact relationship with him?"

She grabbed my hand again and led me to one of the benches along the wall, sitting down before she replied. "He's been obsessed with the prophecy since he found it. And let's just say a few thousand extra years of obsession hasn't helped."

"It sounds like he doesn't care about you at all, Serana."

It was a blunt remark, but she grabbed my hand, giving it a squeeze. "I hoped that if he saw me, he might feel something again. But I guess I don't really factor in at this point. I don't think he even sees me as his daughter anymore. I'm just... a means to an end."

Those last sentences were so sad, I could only sit closer and give her a hug, feeling her arms immediately wrap around me in return. When I kissed her cheek, she leaned back slightly and smiled. "At least someone looks at me like... I mean something," she said softly. I was ready to kiss her again, and I mean a proper one, when Isran reappeared. He cleared his throat to gain our attention.

"Dexion mentioned the names of the two Scrolls. One is the Dragon Scroll. The other is the Blood Scroll."

"Dragon Scroll? I might already have that one," I replied.

"You do?"

"I had to get one regarding the whole dragon crisis. It's currently in a chest in Whiterun. I'll grab that one when we return with the other one. Serana has a lead we'll investigate."

"The quicker you do, the better. I have no doubt the vampires will now be spreading far and wide, looking for any advantage they can find."

"We'll leave first thing in the morning."

That's what we did, planning our route carefully so we could get to the castle as quickly as possible. We rode fast for Whiterun that first day and I was glad to be back in Breezehome so quickly. There was still no sign of Aela or Lydia, so Serana and I had the place to ourselves. We were both weary after a long day in the saddle, but it was while we were sat by the fire that Serana asked, "Have you ever wondered about how I became a vampire?"

I had a feeling this was going to be the talk she wanted to have. "I'll admit to some curiosity."

"If you've ever wondered where vampirism came from, it obviously has something to do with a daedric lord. The first vampire came from Molag Bal. She... was not a willing subject."

"You mean she was raped?"

She nodded and I immediately understood, though let her continue. "But she was still the first. Molag Bal is a powerful daedric lord, and his will is made reality. For those willing to subjugate themselves, he will still bestow the gift, but they must be powerful in their own right before earning his trust."

I grabbed her hand. "So how...?"

"Molag Bal has many desires. One thing he desires above all else are virgins. And to become a Daughter of Coldharbour, one must submit completely. The ceremony is..." I expected tears. Instead, she took a deep breath, steeling herself for what came next. "I was raped, Ragnar. Think of the most brutal thing to ever happen to anyone you know, then double that. Double it again. And again. And again. And again. Then you might understand what happened. I was... to say fucked by a daedric lord doesn't even begin to describe what happened. I was defiled beyond anything imaginable. Every orifice I had he took. By the end, I was left bleeding, bruised, battered. A shell of what I once was. But I survived, and I became what I am.

Then my father..."

"No..."

That's when the tears did fall, watching her wipe them away. This next part did hurt. "To prove himself to his master, he raped his own daughter. My mother stood to the side and did nothing but watch, devoted to him as much as my father."

"She approved?"

"Her approval did not matter. Molag Bal demanded it so it was done. And like his lord, my father was not kind."

"Was that..."

"The only time?" I nodded. "Yes. We were not that sort of family. He did it because his lord demanded it. Even at the time, I understood why. I hated him for it, but we were all involved in the worship. I just... I had been told what would happen but not to that extreme. But I didn't expect my father..."

I asked the one question that I'd had on my mind for a while. "Do you regret it?"

"Becoming a vampire?" The question clearly startled her. "Nobody's ever asked me that before. I... I don't know. I think... mostly I hate what it's done to my family."

"I guess something like that would change things."

"My father's not exactly the most stable, and eventually he drove my mother crazy with him. And it all ended with me being locked underground for who knows how long. It's definitely been a bad thing, on the whole." She paused before asking, "So what do you think of me now?"

I gave her hand a gentle squeeze. "Serana, you have a strength and spirit I simply didn't imagine. For anyone to go through that and simply survive... But you have thrived."

"I've never told anyone that before, Ragnar. I'm glad I told you." She took a deep breath. "I feel like a weight has just been lifted off my shoulders. I've carried that around for a very long time."

"I guess it might explain one or two things too."

"About being touched?" I nodded again. "For a very long time, I didn't like being hugged by anyone. But I felt safe with you from the moment we met, Ragnar. It still took time for me to get used to you, but I felt at ease rather quickly. When you held me in your arms that night at the College, overlooking Winterhold, I had never felt so safe with anyone. I knew this was a man who would fight until his dying breath for me."