Dragonborn Rising Ch. 62

Story Info
The adventures of Ragnar the Dragonborn continue.
7.9k words
4.74
2.9k
4
0

Part 62 of the 64 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 12/13/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 63 -- The High King

* * * * *

Aela was with child.

She knew she was as she'd been suffering what she called morning sickness. She explained a couple more things to the girls and myself before she visited a priestess. She was gone for a couple of hours, returning with the news that she was also pregnant, nowhere near as far along as Mirabelle or Lydia, but there was no doubt she was now carrying our child.

Part of me could only sit back in the chair feeling a little smug about things. Three of my six girls now carried our child. If they gave birth to all boys, all girls, or a mix, I didn't mind. Haelga didn't want a child, so that made life easier with her. Serana was in two minds. She liked the idea of being a mother, but we'd spoken in private, and she was more focused on her alchemy and working on her magic. She had no yearning to be a mother, though, and would happily help the others in the raising of theirs. As for Elisif, she was prepared to wait until everything had been sorted regarding her future. We'd spoken often since that night and she was ready to continue her service to Solitude, so I suggested that, should she not be queen, I would definitely keep her as a thane and an advisor. She appreciated the thought.

What I learned is that though the war seemed to finish rather quickly, I mean from the time I helped take Riften to my battle with Ulfric, it must have only been a couple of months at most, less than that. But though I had defeated Ulfric, and from what I heard, his army was being sent home, the political fallout was still being dealt with.

I must have been back in Solitude permanently for at least a month when I was summoned to Castle Dour. I knew why, so headed up immediately to be greeted by General Tullius, who filled me in with what had happened and what the future may bring.

"The Emperor himself is currently on his way back to Skyrim. He's coming by carriage this time, and wishes to oversee the Moot."

"Interfering won't make friends fast, General."

Tullius grinned. "He knows that, Dragonborn. He merely wishes to see who the Jarls will pick as the new High King. Once they are selected, he wishes to sit down with whoever it is and chart a new path forward."

"And Ulfric?"

"He wishes to meet with Ulfric face to face first. He actually agreed with your idea, about not executing him, making him a martyr. Ulfric isn't happy about anything, of course. Legion soldiers now patrol his streets. His closest advisors have been arrested and are currently residing in jails around Skyrim. But I guess whatever you said to him work. He said he will be patient for now."

"I told him to trust me."

Gesturing with his head, I followed him into a sitting room, where we both sat by the fire on a chair each, a servant bringing in a flask of wine and two goblets. After pouring us each a glass, he sat back in his chair, definitely thinking about what to say next. "We're not ready," he finally said.

"Ready for what?"

"War with the Thalmor. We're not ready for it. I know people are itching for it. Revenge for what those bastards did. But we're not ready. We're not strong enough. This civil war dragged on far too long."

"You think they want to attack us?"

"I don't think they're strong enough either. But I know they would love nothing more than to finish the job they started, destroy the Empire completely. They won't take us over, like they did Valenwood. No, they'll just ensure Cyrodiil, Skyrim and High Rock are split apart, thereby keeping us too weak to do anything about it. Losing Hammerfell was a bitter blow."

"What does the Emperor want to do?"

Tullius sipped at his wine for at least a couple of minutes. Then he met my eyes. "This does not leave this room, Dragonborn." I nodded my understanding. "I love my country. Reading about the history of the Empire, Tiber Septim and the line of Emperors, the fact that Tamriel was, at one time, united. All the races together for one cause. Look at us now. Talos must weep when he sees the mess we've made of it. And the current line... nothing like the Septim's. I serve my Emperor as it is my duty to do so. It's what I swore to do when taking up the sword and shield. But as a man? What I actually think would be considered treasonous. Personally, I like the man. He has good intentions. But he's ineffective."

"I see what you mean by treasonous. So what would you want doing?"

"There's a list as long as my arm of what could or should be done, Dragonborn. But I'm in Skyrim for a specific reason. To ensure the peace. Once a High King is chosen, my role as military governor would be at an end. Legion soldiers will remain present as always but the High King will run the province once the dust settles."

"I know my name is being thrown around, General. You do realise all I want is a peaceful life."

"You're the Dragonborn. That very fact means a peaceful life is impossible."

"I realised that a while ago. Still wish for it though."

"I take it you will be attending the Moot?"

"Aye, at the request of more than one Jarl."

"I'm sure it will prove rather interesting, Dragonborn. The Emperor should be here within days. Once he arrives, word will be sent to the Jarls about when the Moot will be convened."

"Where will it be held?"

"I know there is a traditional place where it is held but I believe the Emperor has already requested the use of Dragonsreach in Whiterun, simply as it is near enough the centre of Skyrim."

We finished the flask of wine before I returned home. I was asked plenty of questions as always, but had little to tell, and what Tullius told me of his own personal opinion regarding the Emperor would be a secret I intended to keep. Now that I knew the Emperor was on his way, and a Moot would be convened, I had something on the horizon. Otherwise, I kept myself busy by continuing to train, while occasionally doting on Mirabelle, who was definitely starting to show, Lydia the same, while Aela was still in the relatively early stages.

Around two weeks later, I received a letter with the seal of the Emperor, asking for my presence at Castle Dour the next evening, and I could bring one guest. Of course I chose to take Mirabelle, as I knew that would lead to plenty of questions, and we'd both grin like idiots when we told anyone that we were expecting. The only question we ever received was why we did not wear the bonds of matrimony. Skyrim could be open-minded at times, terribly conservative at others. The fact we were having a child out of wedlock did raise one or two eyebrows, not that either of us cared for the opinion of narrow minded fools.

Still, dining with the Emperor was an excuse to dress up, and I certainly received appreciation when I wandered out into the sitting room in one of the fine suits I now kept. Mirabelle was a delight when she appeared from the stairs, Aela and Lydia having helped do her hair at the same time. The dress was tight, showing off her larger breasts and pronounced bump.

Walking up to Castle Dour a few minutes later, taking her hand as always, we were greeted by a pair of guards at the door. Handing over my invitation, I was escorted inside to the main hall, a long table in the middle, chairs surrounding it, the table covered in cloths, plates of food already in position. Servants wandered with trays of drink and food, Mirabelle staying by my side as I was greeted by people I knew, but most I didn't.

No sign of the Emperor yet, but there was eventually a call for places to be taken. Mirabelle and I were given seats rather close to where I assumed the Emperor would be sitting. He appeared five minutes later, all of us rising as he was announced. Though he was still dressed in finery, it seemed he'd scaled it back, taking his position by his chair before asking us to sit.

Conversation soon flowed, as did the alcohol, picking at some meat, potato and vegetables. Mirabelle, eating for two, certainly packed it away, though still managed a refined air, certainly in comparison to myself. The Emperor spent most of his time talking to those nearest, being Elisif and Tullius, before he cleared his throat and looked straight at me. "So, Dragonborn, I believe it is you I have to thank for securing the province for the Emperor."

"I didn't do it alone, sire."

"Ah, but Lucius here tells me that you fought Ulfric Stormcloak in single combat."

"I did, sire, but I still had the soldiers of the Empire at my back."

"Was it honourable?"

"It was, sire. No matter what you think of Ulfric, in my mind, he will always be an honourable, noble warrior."

"I will be meeting with him before my journey to Dragonsreach. I'm sure it will be an interesting experience."

The rest of the meal carried on without incident, not that I expected anything to go wrong. I chatted with the Emperor every now and then, but it was only later, once the plates had been cleared, the table cleaned, and the guests were now milling around, chatting away, that I was invited for a private conversation with the Emperor. Led into his quarters, I was surprised I was left alone with him, considering my history. After we'd taken a seat, and I'd been handed a goblet of brandy, he sat back and chuckled to himself.

"Bet you never thought we'd be in this position, Dragonborn."

"Part of me is still amazed by it, sire."

"You've more than redeemed yourself. Ending the dragon threat. Ending the vampire menace. And now resolving the war in a manner that ensures the Empire remains in control but those who rose up can return home peacefully. The killing had to stop."

"Making Ulfric a martyr would have led to a grassroots campaign that would have kept your soldiers occupied for years. Skyrim was never the enemy."

"What do you think of this Moot? I understand it is something that happens rarely."

"I don't much about it at all. I know it's an ancient tradition, but I always thought the title of High King was hereditary. Though since Torygg was killed, leaving no heir, there is a vacuum that needs to be filled."

"Who do you think should be High King? Or even High Queen?"

"Well, depends on how you look at it. First of all, Ulfric can't be High King, not after everything. What happened with the Jarl of Winterhold?"

"He retained his place though he will pay a tithe to the crown for the next decade as penance. I pitied him a little as he was between a rock and a hard place. If he hadn't joined Ulfric, it's probable Ulfric would have taken his city by force."

"So Ulfric and Korir discounted. Maven Black-Briar has only just become Jarl, so I wouldn't count her. Elisif? She was Torygg's wife, but even with those loyal to the Empire, she isn't exactly popular. So that leaves Balgruuf, Igmund of Markarth, Idgrod of Morthal or Siddgeir of Falkreath. Now, Solitude has held the crown of Skyrim for however long, I guess it's been tradition for a while. Who would you really choose out of those four?"

"That is the question, Dragonborn. I haven't met all these Jarl's, of course, I know most of them only by reputation. Do any have what it takes to be High King? Do any of them have the courage and capacity to bring together a fractured country?"

"Personally, I would selected Jarl Balgruuf of Whiterun, though that is purely personal."

"You consider him a friend?"

"Friend and confidant. We've been through a lot together since I arrived in Skyrim."

"You trust him?"

"More than any other Jarl... well, except Eli..."

"Eli?" I realised my slip of the tongue as soon as I said it, glancing his way and I couldn't help the slight grin I felt form. And he wasn't stupid. He knew exactly why I called her that. "She's a good woman. Perhaps will be a little over her head if she became High Queen, but she's adapt to the role over time. Breaking with tradition is a difficult thing."

Conversation died down as we sat for a few minutes, sipping at our brandy, staring into the roaring fire. I wondered how much stress and worry he felt every day. I'd spoken with most of the Jarl's around Skyrim. Some took their role seriously and responsibly. Others took complete advantage of it. As Emperor, he was responsible for millions of lives every day, and his main role was to ensure each citizen was safe.

"Can I ask a question, Dragonborn?"

I wish everyone would just call me Ragnar, but I wasn't going to correct Emperor. "Sure."

"Why did you do it? Why work with the Dark Brotherhood? Wanting to kill an Emperor isn't a surprise. I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't mind putting a blade into my chest. I just wonder what had led you to such a path."

I looked at him for a moment before staring into the fire again. I figured the simplest response was also the most honest. "I lost my wife."

"If I may ask, how?"

"She was murdered. Not by the Dark Brotherhood, by someone with an axe to grind. So I killed them in return. But, you see, I'd already killed someone for my wife. I've done a lot of things in my life I regret, I can admit that. But I don't regret I thing I did for her."

"It's amazing what someone would do for love."

"I fell for her the day we met. Took me a while to figure it out. I killed the man who hurt her. I killed the friend who had turned her back on her, cast her aside like she was nothing. We lived happily together until the night she was taken from me. After I took my revenge, I lost my way. I found someone else, but I was deluding myself that we would have a happy ending. The day I entered your ship and eventually your office... I never complained about what you would have done to me. It would have been deserved after everything I'd done."

"You've more than made up for it, Dragonborn. The slate is well and truly clear now."

We eventually finished the bottle of brandy, so by the time I walked back into the hall, most of the guests had departed, though Mirabelle had waited for me, chatting away with Elisif and a couple of other guests. As soon as she saw me, I was practically dragged home so she could go to sleep. I chuckled a couple of apologies, though she didn't mind, understanding that, if things happened the way they might, this would be my life going forward.

Of course, as soon as we were in her bedroom, we undressed and I still found her nothing short of a complete turn on, I ended up on my back with Mirabelle sliding down my cock and happily riding me through a couple of orgasms. The further along she was, we found her riding me was the most comfortable position for both of us. I just joked she'd always loved riding me anyway and she was just using it as an excuse. Whenever I came inside her, she would joke I couldn't make her pregnant again yet. "Oh, I'm just getting practice in for next time," I'd retort.

I received a letter a couple of days later, giving the agreed date for the Moot. Checking the calendar, I realised I had about three weeks to prepare for whatever was to happen. The invite was only for myself, as although there had been discussions, no-one had a clue which way the Jarl's would vote. Would the presence of the Emperor swing a decision one way or the other?

As I had a little time to myself, I made sure I kept active, heading out with Aela on more than one hunt. Though she was with child, she wasn't going to let that stop her doing what she normally did until it wasn't physically possible. Plus, it was the perfect excuse for us to camp for an evening away from the hustle and bustle of the city, and also fuck like rabbits while we were at it. Aela had always had a high sex drive, but ever since learning she carried our child, I'm sure it increased even further. If she couldn't get sex from me, she'd go looking for one of the girls.

Lydia wasn't having the easiest of pregnancies, at least compared to Mirabelle and Aela. It's not that she was sick or ill, she was just left feeling more exhausted by it all. Funnily enough, it was Haelga who seemed to spend more time caring for her than anything. Before she'd found out she was with our child, Haelga and her had certainly been having fun together. I don't think Lydia was going to allow herself to fall in love again, but I knew they were certainly experimenting and having a lot of fun, like she'd done with Delphine.

Serana was serene. Easiest way to put it. Happy with her life as she knew it. She either spent time with me or one of the other girls. She kept herself occupied, did a lot of reading, and we'd go out into the countryside at least once a week so she could gather ingredients. She desired adventuring again, maybe one day, but it wasn't a desire that would take her away from the rest of us.

As for Haelga, whenever we had the chance, we definitely got back into some old habits. And once we were back in the swing of things, so to speak, we put on a show for the other girls. Seeing her bound, gagged, spanked, whipped, then her arse completely and utterly dominated for at least a couple of hours had my girls looking at me in a different light, I was sure, but despite it all, they could see that Haelga loved every second, and that I never hurt her. Granted, when I was absolutely pounding her arse, harder and faster than ever, and all she did was moan her delight, the girls could sit there and smile, knowing we were both enjoying ourselves. But, despite all that, there was the occasional night that Haelga wanted it tender and gentle, and we would make love for what felt like hours. But she always took a potion the next morning, without fail. We'd discussed it and agreed we didn't need a child together.

I left for Whiterun a couple of days before the Moot, figuring I could visit Balgruuf and spend some time at Breezehome. None of the girls would join me, so there was a little teasing about who I'd sleep with while I was away. I retorted by suggesting I'd fuck every available woman in Whiterun. Of course, that just led to further jokes that I'd end up doing it given the opportunity.

The night before I left, I enjoyed a threesome with Lydia and Mirabelle. Having one with two pregnant women was amusing. I basically lay down and had one on my cock and one on my face at first, Mirabelle on my cock first, then when she was done, Lydia moved from my face to my cock so I could leave a load inside her too. Resting together afterwards, they knew I'd be back in plenty of time for the birth but they did wonder what would happen.

"Do you think you'll return as High King?" Lydia asked.

"Honestly? Not to sound arrogant, but I think there's a good chance it could happen. I think there are numbers that would vote for me."

"So we're moving to the palace?" Mirabella wondered.

"If I'm High King, then yes, I would live there."

"What about Elisif?"

"I haven't thought that far ahead."

"You'll need to get married," Lydia stated, "You and Mirabelle I mean, Ragnar."

"You're not going anywhere, are you?"

"Um, no, considering I'm carrying our child, and I plan on you putting another couple inside me before we're done." That thought excited me, to be honest. And she noticed, feeling her hand run down my body to my cock, still slick from being inside them. "Does that thought excite you? Knocking me up a couple of more times? Fucking me senseless then blasting inside me again and again?"

"Look, I love fucking or making love to all of you, and if I end up having many children with at least some of you, then that's a good thing. I'm just as excited as you about the fact we're going to have a family. Sure, a weird family, but a family nonetheless."

"Mirabelle, I think he deserves to fuck us again for that. Agree?"

"By the Nine, yes!" Mirabelle exclaimed, excited at the prospect of more time riding my cock.

I wore them both out before I needed to call it quits, lying back with a smug grin as they passed out, not before I earned a soft kiss on the cheek from both of them, whispers of their love for me before they drifted off.