Dramatic Amateurs - Act 02

Story Info
James gets his inspiration...
10.6k words
4.44
1.8k
2
0

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 03/17/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dramatic Amateurs -- Act II - Writer's Block

James gets his inspiration...

Ella and I have been married for six years, she's just lovely. She's independent, sexy and until recently the only woman for me. I know how lucky I am, the looks she gets from every man she meets reminds me of that. On top of that she's a fine actor, for the past four years we have been involved with a local amateur dramatics group.

I don't have her level of confidence so I'm not an actor, but I do like to write, I also direct the plays I pen, I am told I'm rather good at it, so take the whole thing very seriously. Our group puts on four shows per year and its great fun; there are about thirty of us and Ella is very keen, so she attends every weekly rehearsal whether she appears in the current play or not. There is always something to do she says, something back-stage or just someone who needs help with their lines, etc.

My life was running along smoothly, Ella was happy, she worked full time and the theatre group hobby kept her entertained as she polished her acting skills, oh, and before I forget, she has Julia, a friend and confidant since school. From what she tells me the two 'girls' meet for lunch and a coffee every so often to keep in touch.

As I said everything in my life was settled and stable until I met Faith!

I was due to direct my latest play, a romantic drama, I had the basic storyline written but I was not convinced it was good enough. Then a week before I was due to launch it Victoria, our society's Chairwoman, approached me. "Hi James, can I introduce you to a new member of our little group, Faith here does not want to act but is keen to get involved in direction and stage management."

"Hello Faith," I offered my hand to the young woman, I say young woman because she looked about eighteen, she seemed a little shy and reluctant to meet my gaze as I continued, "pleased to meet you, and welcome to the group."

She wore faded and torn jeans that were the current fashion and a baggy thick knitted round-necked jumper that completely hid her body, she looked slim and stood at about five foot five.

"Hello James," she said softly as she took my hand. As she did I felt something like a bolt of static electricity pass between us, she must have felt it too as she immediately lifted her eyes in what looked like a surprised expression.

Her eyes held mine for a long moment, "I'm very pleased to meet you," then after a pause, "at last." She wore a shy smile but steadily held my gaze.

To fill the pause Victoria hurriedly explained, "It seems that Faith never misses our little shows and very much enjoys yours in particular. I thought you could take her under your wing, show her the ropes, you know as 'Assistant Director', how does that sound?"

"Yes, great, I could do with some help, I'm not sure this one is quite knitting together, fresh eyes might help." Having torn my eyes from Faith's I tried to sound enthusiastic, although what a young inexperienced girl was going to be able to offer the play I couldn't think.

"Great, I'll leave you two to it then." Victoria went on her way.

Left alone I suggested we sat down to talk, I asked what experience she had. Her voice was soft, very feminine, "I never miss a performance that the group puts on and, as Victoria said, the ones you direct are my favourites. I don't know why so I thought I'd come along and see for myself, and Victoria persuaded me to join, hope you don't mind?"

I told her that rather than mind I was quite flattered and looked forward to involving her in my work, she then told me a bit about herself, she'd loved drama at school but found acting difficult, she was uncomfortable being in the limelight, she'd written a few short sketches and enjoyed that part of theatre.

"You have arrived at the right time as we are about to do an initial read through of my next play, although I don't think it's quite right, I've hit a bit of a 'writer's block', I'm out of ideas," I explained, "however the editorial committee have decided it's good enough, it needs a bit of a polish, but shall we get started?"

Ella wanted a part in the play and being keen to get into it was the first to the table, "Ella, meet Faith, she will be working with me on this production, this of course is Ella, my wife." The two women said 'hello' warmly and air-kissed each other's cheek before the remainder of the prospective cast took their seats for the traditional first script read-through.

Faith sat next to me as I completed the introductions. I handed her a copy of the script, and she took a pencil from her pocket, as the cast ran through their lines I noticed my new assistant taking copious notes in the margin, she said nothing but seemed fully focussed on what was going on.

After the first reading we took a comfort break, those that were reading needed a drink, so I asked Faith what she thought, "I saw you taking notes, do you want to make any comments or observations?"

"Not really, I don't know enough yet," she thought for a moment, "I'll just listen to the next couple of read throughs then perhaps we can have a chat, I can see if we agree on a cast and you can tell me what else you are thinking, and we'll compare notes. Is that all right?"

As I watched her speak I realised just how attractive she was, her skin was flawless, her eyes were clear and alive as she spoke, I got the occasional glimpse of straight white teeth and as for her lips, well, they looked plump, soft, and very inviting, she kept them moist with a quick flick of her tongue. I had an almost irresistible urge to kiss her, but I managed to hold it in, I was married after all, and she looked so young.

Before we did the second read-through, I explained how I saw each character, I swapped the readers around a bit to give everyone a chance and asked them to add their own ideas and we would then start to develop the interaction between the players. Our second and third attempts went well, everyone was getting into it now, I had my line-up in mind, and I could tell everyone was enjoying getting to grips with the new project.

I thanked everyone for their efforts and, to involve Faith, I ended with, "Faith and I now need to go away, compare notes and we'll see you all next week for final casting, 7:30 prompt please."

No one is ever in a rush to leave and formed little groups around the hall to exchange ideas, catch-up with their friends or just spread a bit of gossip. I noticed Ella and another woman had backed Tony up against the wall and appeared to be flirting outrageously with him, he didn't seem to be complaining too much!

Faith hadn't moved from her chair and was still making notes, she must have felt me looking and turned her head to me, "nearly finished, I won't be a moment." She smiled then finished what she was writing, slipped the pencil away and swung her legs around so now faced me, her knees had brushed the side of my thigh and were now resting against me.

"OK, when do you want us to get together, I work in the week and get only a short late lunch, but most evenings are free, so take your pick. Oh, and I don't work Fridays so that's a good day for me."

I was a little taken aback, I'd expected to talk through things before or immediately after each rehearsal, it never occurred that we'd be meeting outside of the group. "Well.." I was about to explain that when she placed her hand on my thigh. The warmth of her hand immediately caused my body to react, something stirred in my trousers.

"It's OK if you are busy, but I have loads of ideas, most will be rubbish but I need you to tell me what you think of them, we can't do it here as I'm not ready to share them with the whole group yet."

Her hand had stayed where it was, I suddenly couldn't find my words, as I glanced down she noticed, patted me then withdrew her hand.

With a sudden feeling of loss, her touch felt nice, I glanced over at Ella who was still with Tony and now another man, they were laughing about something. Tony had his arm around Ella's waist, and she had her hand on the other man's arm. I know Ella, it is just how she is, it meant nothing, they were just friendly gestures to her, and she knew I wasn't jealous, why should I be? Why then was I reading so much into Faith's tactile way with me?

"Where do you work?" I asked trying to regain my equilibrium.

"In the little dress shop in the High Street, just down from the Bank." I nodded to show I knew it, "I work Saturdays that's why I get Friday off."

"Well, I work from home every Friday; shall I meet you somewhere at lunchtime and we can get a coffee and work through your ideas?" I was desperately thinking that I'd have to be careful, I didn't want anyone getting the wrong idea, especially Ella, no, make that Faith!

"Alright, it's a date." Her eyes had a sparkle to them, her lips moist and inviting.

Ooops, not the best choice of words I thought as I tried to banish the impure thoughts racing around in my head, "where should we meet?"

"Do you know the Rose & Crown, it's usually quiet in there at lunchtime, so I'll see you at 12:00, OK?"

Despite her looking so young, and that I had the feeling that she was flirting with me, I wanted to agree to our 'date'. "Sorry to be personal, but are you old enough to frequent a pub?"

In response she straightened her back pushing her chest towards me, although disguised by the jumper she appeared to be built well enough under it.

"I'm twenty-one, almost twenty-two, so don't worry, you are not going to get into any trouble," her feigned annoyed look slightly softened to a smile, "thanks for the compliment anyway!" As she laughed her hand was back on my thigh, a little higher his time. I'd have to watch this girl I thought to myself, she's dangerous.

***

I got to the pub a few minutes early, I couldn't see Faith so ordered my drink and waited at the bar where I could see the door. I didn't check the time when she arrived, when I say I didn't check, couldn't check would be nearer the truth as I couldn't take my eyes off her, even for a quick glance at my watch.

Gone was the baggy jumper, in its place was an extremely attractive pink blouse in a sheer silky material that was somewhat see-through, a pretty red bra was clearly visible even from a distance of ten feet. As she walked towards me I couldn't help but give her a quick once over.

Rather than the worn jeans of Wednesday evening she now had on a pair of those extremely tight leggings into which the blouse was tucked. I got to view her near perfect heart shaped bum as she turned to close the door. Then she quickly joined me at the bar.

"What would you like?" I asked.

"That's a leading question if ever I heard one!" She was flirting with me again! "A gin and tonic please." A wide smile signalled that she knew what she was doing to me.

As I got her drink, she moved to sit in an alcove that seated two where she took out her marked-up script ready for when I joined her. "This is nice," I started, immediately noticing she sat with a straight back so drawing my attention to the nice sized breasts that were just about contained by the red lace bra. I was staring so had to say something, "Can I just say that you look lovely, today."

"Only today?" She was teasing again, her hand, apparently nervously, toying with the blouse button between her breasts. Then I realised she knew my eyes would be drawn to the movement, as soon as she was sure of my attention the button flicked open exposing a lot of what looked to be soft warm sun-tanned skin of her breast. "Oops, sorry, how careless of me." The button was soon refastened, and modesty restored, although I realised her leg now rested snugly against mine.

I coughed to clear my throat, although it sounded a bit like a growl, her eyes widened a little and a smile spread across her lips, "Where would you like to start?" I had to get a grip.

"You heard my initial briefing and the three readings, you said you had some ideas, do you want to tell me those first?" I sat back, trying to concentrate on what she was going to say.

"Shall I start with my ideas for the play....." She'd paused suggestively with the hint of a smile, "my ideas on the cast?" Then she proved that she is very observant and was perceptive beyond her years. Her choices for the cast were more or less in line with mine, we both gave our reasons for our selection. Most of what she said was positive and even criticism was wrapped up nicely. To say I was impressed would be an understatement.

Having eventually reached a consensus, I looked at my watch and realised our hour was up and we had only covered the cast. I asked if she wanted another drink, what I actually said as I held up my glass was, "is there anything you'd like?"

She instantly looked at my lap, then back to my eyes before smiling again, "you really must stop asking me such leading questions!" Then after a slight pause as she held my gaze, "a coffee would be nice please."

I went to the bar and ordered the two drinks. Then, as I waited, I felt the warmth of her body as she stood so close she was actually leaning on me, I'd not noticed the smell of her perfume but now it filled the air, a delicate fragrance, so sweet, very feminine. "Can I get a biscuit with mine please Ted," The bartender turned at the sound of her voice.

"Oh! Hello Faith, you look stunning today, how's your Mum and Dad?"

"Thank you, and they're fine, I expect they'll be in for a drink later." As he placed the coffees on the bar she introduced me, "this is James, he's directing the next play at the theatre, I'm assisting him, learning the ropes as it were."

"You always wanted to get into that as long as I've known you, so that's great," he looked at me, "I thought I recognised you, I've seen some of the plays you've directed, you're very good," then turning back to Faith, "good luck, you have a good teacher anyway."

"Oh, and by the way, when are we going to have a play with a bit of romance in it, you know a bit more risqué than the ones you've done recently?" He smiled as he looked between the two us, "you know some love scenes, the locals love a bit of hanky-panky, I guarantee you'll fill the hall every night!"

He turned and looked to the other end of the bar, "They will, won't they Fred," a man sat reading his paper, "I say, a bit of hanky-panky, stockings and suspenders, flash some flesh, that gets 'em going don't it?" The old man nodded and raised his glass to us.

I expected Faith to be embarrassed but on the contrary, "that's already on my list of suggestions," she pressed herself against my arm to whisper very close to my ear, "you said 'any ideas were welcome'?"

Once we returned to the table she outlined some of her ideas, I must admit I was impressed, I thought some were good, others I dismissed, she didn't seem at all worried by anything I discarded as I always gave her a reasoned explanation.

We'd finished our coffees, I was really enjoying her company, I didn't want to end it but knew I must, she was becoming intoxicating, my senses were overloaded with her now. I couldn't take my eyes off her, the scent of her filled my nostrils and her voice was how I expected an angel would sound. Her leg again rested against mine; I felt her heat.

I was falling, sliding inexorably towards the edge, this lovely young woman was affecting me in a way I not felt before, even with Ella. I had to get away, break the spell, I didn't want to, but I had to, "I like your ideas, but I really have to get back to work, I've phone calls to make so maybe we need to leave it there for now?"

"But I've still got loads to go through with you." Her expression neutral but her eyes shone.

"Sorry, I have to go, perhaps we can meet another day. Give me your number and I'll get in touch later."

She paused as if ready to say something then seemed to change her mind, "let me have your phone." I handed it to her, she added herself to my contacts list. She also sent herself a text so she would have my number too. When I checked the entry I noticed she'd added her address and lived not too far from me, quite a way from the pub though.

"I assumed this was your local?" I quizzed, "You've come quite a way, did you drive here, or can I drop you somewhere?" I thought it only polite to offer.

Her face lit up, "it's my Mum and Dad's local, I have a flat of my own, but meet them here from time to time." She smiled but I could see something teasing behind her expression, what, I couldn't tell, "a lift would be good, much quicker than the bus, thank you."

Faith was noticeably quiet as I drove, she seemed deep in thought, "you said you were working from home, well, I'm off today so could include our ideas to your script while you get on with whatever work is?" She had turned in her seat to look at me. "We can then read through it together when you're done working, what do you think?"

I was about to turn into her road when she made her suggestion, what made me do it I really don't know but I ignored the turn and went straight home. I let her into the lounge and went to my study to collect my original notes and a blank notepad for her, when I returned Faith was curled up in the corner of our settee, her shoes were off, she looked very much at home.

After handing her the pile of well-thumbed papers I explained where I'd got to and why I was struggling with it. I pointed to the kitchen in case she wanted a drink and explained that I had calls to make and must get on with them. "That's OK, I'll be fine here if it's alright with you, and Ella of course," she looked questioningly at me.

"Of course, it's OK, Ella knows we are meeting to discuss the play so no worries there." I had already decided where my first phone call would be made. "You take your time and I'll see you as soon as I've done in my study."

I rang Ella, told her about Faith and the possible improvement of my play, she seemed pleased about the play and said she was about done at work so would be home early and could help with Faith's thoughts and ideas.

With that I put Faith out of my mind and got on with my day job. I was on the phone when I heard Ella's car pull up, and expected to hear her greet Faith, however I heard no voices then noticed the door to my study open, Ella signalled me to be quiet and to follow her. I finished my call as quickly as I could and went to see what was going on.

Ella was in the kitchen making a drink, she pointed to the lounge where I found Faith fast asleep in the corner of the sofa, she looked stunning, so innocent and peaceful, her breasts were rising and falling with each soft breath, she had a hand trapped between her legs as if to comfort herself and I felt my heart swell at the innocence of the girl.

As I stood and watched, Ella joined me with three cups in her hands, she quietly placed them on the coffee table then moved to Faith, she gently moved a stray lock of her hair away from her face and in doing so woke her.

She opened her eyes as if in surprise, stretched her arms out, which I noticed but a great deal of strain on the buttons of her blouse, "Oh, Ella, sorry, I must have dropped off," she blinked a few times, "I'll get out of your way, just give me a moment to wake up."

Ella smiled at her, "There's no rush, I'm home early, there's a drink on the table for you, do you want sugar and milk?" My wife was an extremely attractive woman both inside and out, she mirrored Faith's pose as she took the other end of the Sofa.

"Come on then, I'm dying to hear how you intend to improve James' attempt at a love story. You know I want the lead don't you!"

Faith's eyes went wide, then she burst out in a fit of giggles, "you'd better wait until you have read my suggestions before you volunteer for that." She picked up the pile of papers, "I thought it was good, but far too tame, see what you think, my notes are in the margins."