Dramatic Amateurs - Act 03

Story Info
Faith and Tony play their parts...
11.5k words
4.62
1.5k
1
0

Part 3 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 03/17/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dramatic Amateurs - Part III - Waiting in the Wings

Faith and Tony play their parts...

Faith:

My parents were not too interested in the theatre but knowing that it fascinated me they took me as soon as I was old enough. Money was tight in our household so it was only the local amateur dramatics group they could afford, but I loved every minute of it!

I could never imagine myself up there on the stage, but rather the mechanics of what it took to produce a play is what was my interest. I studied drama at school but never acted, I wrote and directed, I worked backstage everything but act. I got my Drama 'A' Level with a good grade.

After school I got a job in a local dress shop, it was there I had a chance meeting with Victoria, she had brought her daughter in for her 'Prom' dress. I was serving her and as we waited outside the dressing room there was a poster for the next play displayed there. To make conversation more than anything I asked when the Prom was, she gave me the date, and I added, "She'll miss the closing performance of the play then."

Victoria asked if I was going and from there she learned of my interest, well obsession I suppose, she invited me along to a meeting, suggesting I attended the first meeting of the next season. I gave her my address and she said she would pick me up on her way. I didn't think she'd remember so hadn't dressed up. She didn't forget, and I was soon on my way there.

During our journey Victoria asked if I had a favourite play. There were a few that I'd seen I mentioned the best of the recent ones to her, and the five I most enjoyed in particular. I saw Victoria smile, then she said that she knew just the person to mentor me. You'll like James, he wrote and directed three of your top five, you'll like him. Not long after that we arrived.

As the current 'Chair' of the society, Victoria walked me past a number of people in the rehearsal room with a cursory greeting until finally she found who she was looking for and I was introduced to James, he was an interesting looking man. She explained to him that I didn't want to act but that I was keen to get involved in direction and stage management.

"Hello Faith," the man offered his hand to me as he smiled, his voice was deep, like a rumble really, he was good-looking and seemed self-assured, but not brash, whereas I felt shy and couldn't initially meet his gaze as he welcomed me to the group.

"Hello James," I said softly as I took his hand. I felt something like a bolt of static electricity pass between us, it was such a strong feeling I immediately lifted my eyes to his. I held his hand, and his gaze, for a long moment as I tried to figure out what this feeling was, I needed to speak, "I'm very pleased to meet you," then after a pause added, "at last."

Victoria interrupted the moment, "It seems that Faith never misses our little shows and very much enjoys the previous ones you have written in particular." Seemingly unaware of the effect James was having on me and me on him, she continued to explain, "I thought you could take her under your wing, show her the ropes, you know as 'Assistant Director', how does that sound?"

James managed to turn his attention from me for a moment, "Yes, great, I could do with some help, I'm not sure this script is quite knitting together, fresh eyes might help." He seemed a touch distracted, but tried to sound enthusiastic, although I got the impression that he wasn't sure what a young inexperienced girl such as me was going to be able to offer him.

Victoria went on her way. Left alone we sat down to talk, he asked if I had any experience, "Other than at school, none," I told him honestly, "That's why I am here, I thought I'd get hands-on experience, I might even be able to help in some way, hope you don't mind?" I feared he would be upset at my naivety and that I wouldn't be much use to him.

The opposite was the case, he said he was quite flattered that I thought so highly of the group and looked forward to involving me in his work. There was something about him, I warmed to him immediately, he seemed genuinely interested in me, I told him a bit about myself, that I'd loved drama at school but found acting impossible, didn't like the limelight. I'd written a few short sketches and enjoyed that part of theatre.

"We are about to do a read through of my next play, although I think it needs polishing, it's not quite right," he explained, "however the editorial committee have decided it's good enough, so shall we get started?"

As everyone began to take their seats, I was introduced to Ella, James' wife, she looked really sexy, her figure, the way she dressed, how she moved, everything. I said 'hello' as warmly as I could and we air-kissed each other's cheek, she seemed nice. She told me that she wanted a part in the play and so was really keen to get into it.

I sat next to James, he smelled lovely. He handed me a copy of the script and I found the pencil I always carried. As the cast ran through their lines, I took notes in the margin as I used to do at school, saying nothing I fully focussed on what was going on around me.

After the first reading and during a comfort break James asked, "I saw you taking notes, do you want to make any comments or observations?"

"Not really, I don't know enough yet," I told him.

He seemed a little distracted while I spoke as if he was deep in thought. I liked talking to him, he stirred something deep inside me, I'd never felt anything like it before. I realised that I really liked him, I'd have to get to know him better.

He explained how he saw each character. Then we swapped the readers around to give everyone a chance. The second and third attempts went well, everyone was getting into it now, it felt great to get to grips with this new project.

After thanking everyone for their efforts James made me blush when he added, "Faith and I now need to go away, compare notes and we'll see you all next week for final casting, 7:30 prompt please." Just that one comment made me feel part of it, like I'd been accepted, I felt a warm glow of gratitude towards the man I sat next to.

No one seemed to be in a rush to leave and formed little groups around the hall to chat. I noticed Ella and another woman had backed Tony, the man I thought should be the male lead, up against the wall and appeared to be flirting outrageously with him, how could she do that to a lovely man like James!

I didn't move from my chair and was still making notes, I was aware that James was looking at me, I turned to him, "nearly finished, I won't be a moment."

I smiled then finished my notes, slipped the pencil away and swung round to face him, my knees brushed the side of his thigh and the tingling feeling was back.

We needed to meet, I got the feeling he was a bit taken aback when I suggested it, so I placed my hand on his thigh as a soothing gesture. His body reacted to me, I felt it too, and something stirred in his trousers I noticed. I'd had boyfriends of course, my virginity lost in my mid-teens, so I knew what I was doing, my actions, although intended to seem innocent, were definitely deliberate.

Before he could brush me off I jumped in, "it's OK if you're busy, it's just that I have loads of ideas, most will be rubbish but I need you to tell me what you think of them, I 'm not sure I'm ready to share them with the whole group yet." I left my hand where it was, he went quiet and glanced down at it, I patted him then withdrew my hand to put him out of his quandary.

I saw him glance over at his wife, she was still with Tony and now another man, they were laughing about something, Tony's arm was wrapped around her waist, she had her hand on the other man's bare arm. Seeing her like that seemed to relax him rather than upset him, I made a mental note before he turned to me with a smile.

"Where do you work?" He asked.

"In the little dress shop in the High Street, just down from the Bank." He nodded, "I work every Saturday, I get Friday off."

"Well, I work from home every Friday; shall I meet you somewhere at lunchtime and we can get a coffee and work through your ideas?" My heart rate quickened at the thought of being alone with him, it was a strange sensation, I hardly knew him, but I was positive that I wanted to, no, needed to, get to know him better.

I was desperately thinking of somewhere I could use to my advantage, instinct told me it was too soon to invite him to my flat, he was married after all. The pub where my parents frequented seemed appropriate. "Friday suits me. What about the Rose & Crown, it's usually quiet in there at lunchtime, I'll see you at 12:00, OK?"

He seemed a touch taken aback and queried if I was old enough to drink! I straightened up, pushed my chest out to demonstrate that under my baggy top I was a grown woman with a body to match. Then while looking at him steadily, maybe with a stern expression, "I'm twenty-one, almost twenty-two, so don't worry, you are not going to get into any trouble," then with a smile, I thanked him for the compliment. As I said that my hand was back on his thigh, I chose to place it a little higher his time. I needed to send him a message, by the look on his face, he got it!

***

Whilst it was nice to be thought of as younger than I am I was feeling what any red-blooded young woman feels when confronted with a man she thought of as special, because that is what he was to me now, we had a connection and I wanted to get to know him better, much better.

For our meeting on Friday, it would just be the two of us, so I decided to dress for him. I'd show myself off for him, let him know what I looked like and see how he reacted. Unless I was mistaken, he was interested in me too and not just as his assistant director, only time would tell.

I wore my favourite blouse, it was pink, silky and quite see-through, under that I wore a pretty little red lace bra, my breasts were slightly larger than would have been considered 'in proportion' and the bra held them comfortably and highlighted my cleavage nicely. Instead of the jeans I wore a pair of modern leggings, they were tight. With my fitted blouse tucked in they showed off my flat stomach and, I thought, made my bum look fantastic.

He was already in the pub when I got there, I'd timed it well and arrived dead on twelve. He had a drink in front of him and was watching the door as I pushed through it. Even from that distance I realised he noticed me. I turned to close the door, I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face, he'd now be checking out my tight little arse, I made sure to wiggle it as I struggled to latch the door.

As he got my drink, I selected a little table for two tucked away in an alcove where we'd have some privacy. I'd got my marked-up script ready for when he sat down. "This is nice," he started, I noticed his eyes were drawn to my barely covered cleavage, "Can I say that you look lovely, today."

"Only today?" I was teasing again. I liked him looking at me so made a show of fiddling with the top button of my blouse, the one between my breasts. I even flicked it open exposing a lot of my bare breast to his now greedy looking eyes. "Oops, sorry, how careless of me." I refastened the button, and modesty was restored, but the message was delivered.

Crossing my legs under the table I rested my calf against his, as he tried to regain some control I heard what sounded like a growl as he cleared his throat, to me it was a sexy sound, one I hoped I hear again so I smiled and widened my eyes in my best 'innocent' look.

"Where would you like to start?" He was trying to clear his mind, "You heard my initial briefing and the three readings, you said you had some ideas, do you want to tell me those first?" He sat back as if trying to concentrate on what I was going to say instead of on my hot young body.

"Well, what if I give you my ideas for the cast?" As I explained who, and why, I'd selected for the parts I also added a couple of parts that were not in his original script. I promised to explain later. It turned out that my choices were more or less in line with his. There were two that we hadn't agreed on, so we discussed our reasons for these and tried to agree.

We realised our hour was up by the time we reached a consensus; we had only covered the cast though. He asked if I wanted another drink, although what he said was, "is there anything you'd like?"

Well, what an invitation! Being so close to him already had my hormones racing, I couldn't help it when I looked at his lap, licked my lips and replied, "you really must stop asking me such leading questions!" Then after a slight pause where I looked up into his eyes, "a coffee would be nice."

As he was standing at the bar I decided to join him there, I leaned my body against his, I slipped my arm around his waist as we spoke to Ted, the Landlord. In the almost empty bar, there was no need to get so close, I made it look casual, normal, but it felt good, my heart was racing as I pressed myself against him.

I've known Ted since I was a child, I introduced James and was pleased when Ted backed me up by explaining that I'd always wanted to get into theatre as long as he'd known me.

He also recognised James, "Ah, you're the writer, I've seen some of the plays you've written and directed, you're very good," then turning back to me, "you have a good teacher there."

What he said next played right into my hands, "Oh, and by the way, when are we going to have a play with a bit of romance in it, you know a bit more risqué than the ones you've done recently?" He smiled as he looked between the two us, "you know some love scenes, the locals love a bit of hanky-panky, you'll fill the hall every night then!"

He asked the old boy at the end of the bar if a bit of hanky-panky was needed. The old man nodded and raised his glass. "That's already on my list of suggestions," I pressed myself against James as I whispered very close to his ear, "you did say 'any ideas welcome'?"

We returned to our table, and I outlined my ideas, he looked impressed, some he thought were good, others he dismissed, I wasn't at all worried by anything he discarded as he always gave me a reasoned explanation.

We'd finished our coffees, and James said, "Sorry I know we've still loads to do, I like your ideas, but I really have to get back to do some work, I've important phone calls to make so maybe we need to leave it there for now?"

I pushed out my lower lip and tried to look sad, "But I've still got loads to go through."

"Sorry, I have to go, perhaps we can meet another day. Give me your number and I'll get in touch later."

I was going to ask if I could work on the script and meet up again before Wednesday's rehearsal but checked myself when I had an idea, "let me have your phone." he handed it over and I added myself to his contacts list. I also sent myself a text and immediately heard my phone acknowledge the arrival of his number.

He checked the entry when I returned his phone, realising that my flat was a distance away he asked. "Did you drive here, or can I drop you somewhere?"

My heart skipped a beat, my ploy had worked, "a lift would be good, much quicker than the bus, thank you."

As he drove towards my flat I was thinking 'How do I get him alone?' I can't suggest he comes to my flat, he'd refuse point-blank, I know he would, so I suggested I went to his house, "We can read it together when you're done with work, I'll be no trouble, honest?"

I'd timed my question tactically, just before he was about to turn into my road, I thought I'd left it too late but thankfully he ignored the turn and went straight to his house. His home was as I expected it, tastefully decorated and furnished, definitely with a woman's touch.

He fetched his original notes and a blank notepad from his office as I made myself comfortable on the end of the sofa that was bathed in sunlight. I watched him head off to do his work and let my imagination run free.

The play as he'd written it was good, but tame, he'd tried to build some latent passion between the young lovers but too much of it was implied, well-mannered, nice! It needed passion, a sexual undercurrent that broke the surface whenever the lovers met, their growing desire for each other building to a crescendo where their relationship was finally recognised.

It was easy for me, I built on James' story by imagining it was me and him touching and teasing, tempting, and kissing with increasing heat. I had an ulterior motive too, I needed Ella distracted, if I was reading things right she liked the attention she was already getting from Tony, so my script changes were intended to build on that.

After about an hour I'd made the changes I thought it needed, I'd concentrated hard so was drained by the end of it. I closed my eyes and smiled to myself when I thought about how tired he'd make me when we did get intimate. I felt a flutter inside me as that thought settled in my brain and I realised I'd told myself 'when', not 'if'?

Having sat on the sunny side of the room I was warm and relaxed, I put down my notes, got myself comfortable, then closed my eyes again. The warmth of the sun washed over me. It only felt like a moment when I felt James come and lay with me, his head rested in my lap, my fingers played with his hair, my lips occasionally pressing onto his. My hand traced the route of his shirt buttons until I reached the waistband of his jeans. I carefully moved onto the hard bulge he was now sporting for my benefit no doubt.

A finger touched my cheek, it felt different somehow as it moved a lock of my hair that had strayed onto my face, I opened my eyes and met the piercing grey/green eyes of Ella. She startled me for a moment as I crawled from my slumber induced state of confusion. It took me few moments to realise I'd only been dreaming of James. He'd been in his office working, not with me at all.

I apologised and offered to go, get out of their way once I'd recovered my senses.

Ella smiled, "There's no rush, I'm home early, there's a drink on the table for you, do you want sugar and milk?" She sat at the other end of the Sofa. "I'm dying to hear how you intend to improve James' attempt at a love story. You know I want the lead don't you!"

She had not seen what I had in store for her, so I looked towards James and laughed, "you'd better wait until you've read my suggestions before you decide." I handed her the pile of papers, "I thought the original was good, but far too tame, see what you think, my notes are in the margins."

"Don't you have work to finish?" Ella had turned to James, it was said in a mock stern voice, "leave me to read this with Faith then we'll let you see, don't be too long."

Ella liked the changes, we talked and laughed together, she gave the occasional shriek of surprise when she got to the bits where she would be groped. When James reappeared, "Ah, what good timing, we're just about finished, this girl's got talent, I'm definitely having the lead," Ella said through her mischievous smile.

Oh dear! Ella has been so warm and welcoming, I enjoyed her company, she is funny, very tactile and I relaxed completely in her company. It was easy to see how she had snared James and why he put up with her flirting and teasing, she is lovely. Pity really, I wanted her husband, it would be easier if she wasn't so nice.

James read the script, the leading lady was to meet the man of her dreams, and be gradually seduced by her beau, I'd added plenty of kissing, fondling, and groping. "I've left it open at the end, if it's a success you'll have scope to carry the characters into the next play." I explained once he'd finished.

He told me that he loved it, he liked that it was saucy and sexy, we'd both selected Ella for the lead and agreed that there was nothing in it that she couldn't handle.