Dream a Little Dream

Story Info
Was it just a day...
7.4k words
4.43
4.7k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is a rewrite of the story I originally posted. It's pretty short so even if you read it before it might be worth a quick read.

It's just a light-hearted, very short story about love, lust, and friendships. It's probably unrealistic but this is my story and it can happen here. Don't take it seriously.

All parties engaging in sexual activities in this story are 18+yrs old, and yes it contains M/F sex.

(c) 2023 Darker Binding - All Rights Reserved

Dream a Little Dream of Me - by Fabian Andre and Wilbur Schwandt. Lyrics by Gus Kahn.

- Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you

- Sweet dreams that leave all worries behind you

- But in your dreams whatever they be

- Dream a little dream of me

~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~

~*~Jen~*~

It had been a protracted Winter, wetter than usual, keeping me out of the yard until late Spring. Today was one of the first truly nice days when I could get out and fix up some of the damage the weather had visited in the yard. The sun was beautiful and at first, it felt good, but by the end of the day, I was starting to remember why I hated yard work in the sun. Soaked with sweat, smelling like a locker room, the dirt and grime just seemed to have been drawn to me. I was a mess!

*Sigh*. We're going to a party tonight for Beth, our good friend's daughter, who is graduating. I wonder if there was some way out of it? No, our friends would be hurt if we begged off and Rob and I have both been looking forward to the party. It was a date night for us.

Beth had been adopted at the age of 5 when her parents abandoned her. No one knew where they went but that was the last anyone saw either of them. Tony and Joan both loved children and immediately petitioned to take Beth once they heard of the girl's plight. The process wasn't simple and for a while, they didn't think they were going to get her but in the end, Beth became their daughter and the light of their lives. It wasn't all smooth sailing though. The emotional impact of being abandoned haunted her for years.

Rob and I met them a few years after the adoption and became close friends. It was impossible to not love Beth, her spirit rekindled in the love of her parents, and she was irresistible. Not infrequently we had spent a weekend day or evening together with all of us playing games or going out to an event. They felt more like family than friends.

Picking up my tools, I loaded up the wheelbarrow and put it next to the back door. I'm not finished and tomorrow is another free day for me so I'll be back working in the garden. It will be different though, Rob is off and will be here with me. A smile crosses my lips, thinking about how a miserable task like yard work in the sun changes so much with the addition of someone you love.

For a moment I looked around, appreciating my hard work. It felt good to see the change and I anticipated what Rob would say. He's good about that, the appreciation, and I felt the tingling anticipation for what I hope will come. Ugh, I needed that shower in more ways than one but there is no time for play or we'd be late. Rob would be home soon and I need to get ready.

The house was quiet, other than the music streaming from the Bluetooth speaker on the patio table. I love to listen, sometimes losing myself in it. My thoughts drifted to last night and I felt my panties start to dampen... "Yes, music makes many things better," I chuckled.

Picking up both my phone and speaker, I entered through the slider and headed for the bedroom. I love that new shower head and I'm going to take advantage of its powerful massage for my aching shoulders. Having installed it recently, remembering the chats with Rob as I shopped for it, I feel that tingle again, and the little smile returns. "Damn it, stop that," I admonish myself, "or you're never going to be ready on time."

Turning on the shower, I strip off. My clothes all go straight into the hamper, my panties right on top. Smirking, I wonder if Rob will discover them. I love to wind him up a little and he can never resist a fresh pair.

Entering the water spray, I again am thankful for that purchase... sooo good. Eyes closed, I move so the spray walks over my back and shoulders, loosening up the tightness from being hunched over the flower beds. It feels good. The only thing that would make it better is...

~*~Rob~*~

I'd entered the house, looking for Jen. Tonight was a big deal. Beth had worked so hard to claw her way back up to good grades. For years she struggled with the loss of her parents but Tony and Joan were relentless in the love they gave her. It was a foregone conclusion, she succeeded, but it was hard and for all that, the success was sweeter.

We met Tony and Joan a little over ten years ago when Beth was just 8. It was like we were fated to be a family. Beth was almost like a daughter to us. Now, she had been accepted into the Architecture program at Cornell, following in her Dad's footsteps. Her parents could not be prouder of her and the party tonight was in celebration of all she had accomplished.

At the front door, I could hear the music and I knew that Jen would be where the music was. Following it back to our bedroom and then to the master bath, I could see her lithe form through the frosted glass. It was not hard to imagine my wife's sexy body behind the glass. Her arms raised, washing her hair, causing her breasts to jut out begging for attention.

As I stripped off, moving to put my clothes in the hamper, I saw them. They were on top, a gift to me, they had to be. Her panties looked soaked. My breathing quickened and I reached out and took them. They are wet. Bringing them to my nose my nostrils fared as I breathed in. My cock stiffened as I smelled her. So good. The little minx is fucking with me now.

Naked, I moved to the shower and slid the door open soundlessly. My cock was hard, nothing but need and desire in my mind.

~*~Jen~*~

As the water pounded my back, lips touched mine and I jolted back to reality, my eyes flying open. Oh God, it's Rob, feeling my nipples harden and a throbbing start between my legs. "You scared the Hell out of me!" I laughed.

"Not the effect I was hoping for," Rob grinned in return, as his arms encircled me and his body pressed to mine.

"Mmmm," was all I could get out as his erection pressed against my stomach. How does he do that, make me clench and my stomach flip?

Inwardly I was a mess. All I could think about is getting that hard cock inside me. Outwardly, I was the seductress, hooded eyes, and oozing sex appeal. My breasts caressed his chest as I moved, rubbing on him, eliciting just the response I wanted.

"Jen, if you keep that up, you won't be leaving this shower!" he growled.

That growl made me vibrate. His eyes were predatory with desire. If we didn't leave soon, he was right, we'd not be getting out of the shower.

"Go!" I chided. I have to get clean and it's never happening if you are in here with me. As much as I want to give in, we owe Beth more than that." Watching the conflicting thoughts play out across his face, I smirk and wrap a hand around his hard shaft. "Be a good boy, it will pay off later," I coo. Teasing him is so much fun.

Pulling me tightly against him, he pressed his lips to my ear, "Next time you leave a pair of fresh panties for me to find, you're not getting away without being fucked!" As quickly as that started, he spun away and left the shower, leaving me sputtering. 'Fuck,' I thought, 'just come back and take me...'

After a few moments, my brain kicked in again, overriding my loins. 'I need to get ready.'

~*~Rob~*~

"Damn, tonight's going to be hard," I muttered to myself. Drying quickly, I tried thinking of anything unpleasant to make my erection subside. If we just had a half-hour more, I'd jump back in the shower and teach my teasing little wife a lesson.

The idea made me smirk. How many times has Jen done this and "gotten her lesson"? She knows me too well and always seems to make sure we're not boring. How did I get so lucky and have her pick me? One thing I know, I'm punching way above my class with her.

I notice Jen's clothes laid out and ready, a western-style jean skirt that falls mid-thigh (well almost), a white lacy top closed by mother-of-pearl snaps down the front, and her red Nocona boots. "Damn it, she's not going to make my life easy tonight," I chuckle. I love to see her dressed up. Maybe it's because it was so fun undressing her.

Shaking my head, I pick out my clothes, some comfortable Wrangler jeans, a white button-down, and my black Tony Lama boots, to compliment her western look. As I dress, my semi-hard cock now down the right leg of my boxers, I know tonight is going to be a challenge. Jen always knows how to wind me up. The last thing we need is me sporting a boner around Beth and her friends. I just need to keep it under control for the next few hours.

I can hear the hairdryer running and know she'll be out soon. One thing with her, none of this "3 hours to get ready nonsense" that many beautiful women seem to have. She can pull it all together in a fraction of the time others need.

Stepping out, I pour each of us a glass of red wine, returning to find her just clasping her white lacy bra and wearing matching panties. 'Fuck!' I'm hard again and straining at my jeans. All I can do is stare. Jen in sexy lingerie never gets old.

~*~Jen~*~

I can hear him returning and position myself so he has the best view of my bottom. Pretending I don't know he's there, I arch a little as I'm reaching behind myself to fasten my bra. He's staring at my ass, I know. I love teasing him and it always pays off. I smile thinking about what will happen later.

Glancing over my shoulder, I 'discover' him staring at me, wine glasses in his hands, and a very hard cock in his pants. "Oh, Rob, is that for me?" I ask, innocently, my eyes shifting from his hands to his crotch, then back to his eyes. Turning to take a glass, I see his eyes play across my body and linger on my breasts. His breathing quickens and I know I'm near that line where the teasing stops and he simply takes what he wants. I feel the wetness as my body gets ready.

"You look nice, lover," I purr.

He sighs, eyes close, "Come on, we can't do this. It's important to Beth."

"I know. I just can't help it. Teasing you is too much fun," I reply. In truth, I'm nearly out of control as well but I'll never admit it.

Quietly turning, he leaves, glass in hand. "We need to leave in 15 minutes and I'd better wait in the living room."

~*~Rob~*~

Sitting on the sofa, I sipped my wine, thinking, 'I'm never going to make it through tonight. I should have just pinned her in the shower. I'm definitely going to punish her for being such a tease.' Smiling. 'Turnabout is fair play,' I think to myself.

10 min after I left our bedroom, my wife was at the front door waiting, looking radiant.

"All ready?"

She winks, "Always."

"Ugh, stop it!" I groan, "You are such a tease." This just elicited a more devious smirk. 'Damn it, definitely not making it through this night,' I think. "Let's go, Tony and Joan will think we're standing them up. I've already loaded up the gifts and food we're taking. That is if you think you can behave for a few hours?"

That elicited the wounded-bird look. I chuckled and walked around Jen to the truck. "We're taking mine tonight."

"All the better," she says, somehow not quite masking the mischievous half-smile. "I do love your bench seat and having my hands free."

My '68 Ford F100 pickup had seen plenty of action over the years. Jen loved a little risk, finding a place to park, and putting the big bench seat to good use. One of the very few changes from stock that I had allowed was upholstering the seat in high-quality leather. Jen just loved being pinned between me and that soft leather.

~*~Jen~*~

Sliding a hand up his leg, I stopped just short of what I could already see was the beginning of an erection. Wiggling in closer, as much as my seat belt would allow, I'm just enjoying being close. Tonight is going to be a lot of fun.

It wasn't far to Joan and Tony's place, only about 15 mins. Not far enough for me to really tease him. Sighing inwardly, time to behave. Almost before I knew it we were there. Placing a soft kiss on Rob's cheek, I unbuckle and slide out, grabbing the food and leaving the presents for Rob to bring. We'd cooked a nice chili and made a 7 layer dip. Joan, Tony, and Beth had eaten them many times before and both were a big hit.

Rob was bringing in the gifts. We kind of went all out and she's going to be surprised, though it was all OK'd by her folks. They knew how attached we were to Beth and never complained about our overindulgence. As I reached the door, it flew open and Beth grinned as she took the pot of chili from me. "I'm so glad to see you. Thanks for coming!" she almost exploded. "You're the first ones here."

Setting the pot down she looked inside. "Oh, YES! Your famous firehouse chili. Thank you! What's in the other one?"

"Your favorite 7-layer dip, of course!" smiling in reply, and earning me a big kiss on the cheek. It was good to see Beth so happy. She'd worked hard for this day.

As quickly as that, Beth scurried off as Rob came in the front door with a couple of gifts in his arms. It had taken him a few extra minutes to come inside, his pants now showing no indication of his earlier predicament. 'We'll see how long that lasts,' I thought to myself.

Beth's excitement was infectious. She was almost vibrating as she helped Rob put the gifts with the others, trying to clandestinely shake and feel each for a clue.

My attention was pulled away from the scene by a warm embrace from behind. "It's good to see you, Jen," Joan cooed. "I think Beth is going to self-combust if she gets any more excited. It means a lot to her that you both are here."

"You know we'd not miss this for the world. We love Beth like she was our own."

"Tony and I know that, as does Beth. I also know that the two of you pulled strings to get her into that Architecture program. I don't know how you did it but, thank you! It's all Beth talks about these days."

"Hey now. Where's mine?" Rob teased as he approached, winking at Joan.

A snort escaped my grinning lips, "Watch out Joan, he's been a real octopus today. We may need a taser to pry you free!"

Rob gave her a bear hug, lifting her off her feet and planting a big smooch on her cheek, rendering an "Eeek" from a grinning Joan.

"Pffft, I warned you. You're on your own Joan," turning to find Tony out cooking on the BBQ. As usual at Joan and Tony's parties, he was at the grill, burning flesh in a most delightful way. "Mmmm, that smells great Tony. It's a good thing you don't have more parties or I'd need a new wardrobe!"

"Hey Jen, good to see you. I heard that squeal from Joan and knew you guys must be here," he laughed. "Come give me mine," he said turning toward me, spreading his arms wide in invitation.

I stepped into his embrace and he did his best to remove my ability to breathe, getting a similar squeak out of me, then kissing me sloppily on the cheek. The goofball, He and Rob made a game out of making squeaky toys out of us. To be perfectly honest, we both loved it. The boys would now debate who got the best squeak. They thought we didn't know about their antics but it amused the hell out of both Joan and me.

Heading inside, I passed Rob on his way out, already talking to Tony about who won. "Play nice, hon. I'm going to help Joan."

~*~Rob~*~

"You know, Rob, the girls fix the squeal contests, don't you?" he chuckled.

"Yeah, but it's still fun! Just don't let on that we know so we get to keep doing it," I say with an admittedly goofy grin on my face.

"Right, let's finish up the meat then we can go and enjoy the party," Tony says, slapping on some fresh burgers, dogs, and steaks. Most of the cooking was already done so after this batch was finished, we grabbed the platters and headed inside.

A few of Beth's friends had come and they were all in the living room with drinks, talking about the Summer's plans. Beth had scored an internship at the Architecture firm I work at, which had helped her application at Cornell. Her grades got her a 50% ride scholarship. We were all so proud of her. Cornell was a prestigious university for Architecture and her degree would be well-viewed by the firms which would be competing to hire her in 4 years. I just hope our firm is the one she chooses.

It's hard to imagine what it would be like without Beth in our lives. When Tony and Joan decided to adopt her, it changed everything. For the last 10 years, she had been an integral part of not only Joan and Tony's but also Jen's and my lives.

We found the girls in the kitchen laying out the last of the food on the table. With our offering, the meal was complete and we called everyone to come and get it. The kids (I say kids but at 18 they are certainly not children) were never shy and piled into the kitchen and loaded up plates and bowls. Yeah, bowls. Jen's firehouse chili was a recurring hit and not to be missed. Once the kids had their first plates, we lowly adults made our first pass and retired to the deck to give the kids some space.

"Wow, it's really hard to believe Beth has graduated and is off to Uni soon," I said.

"You're telling us," frowned Joan. "It's going to be rough around here without her." Eliciting a tight but short hug from Tony. "I honestly don't know what I'm going to do. It's been 13 years since we were alone here," sniffing and trying to hold back tears.

Beth had completely and utterly changed Joan and Tony's lives. They were both amazing people but life had not been kind to them and they were unable to conceive. The 'why' doesn't matter but it very nearly tore them apart. They both desperately wanted, really needed, to be parents. No one would have wished Beth's problems on her but the timing was perfect for Joan and Tony. It had saved them and in that, they had saved her. I don't know if I believe in fate but if it exists certainly this was it.

"We'll see her as often as we can," chimed in Tony. "It's not that far by commuter flight, just a couple of hours."

"I know, it's just hard. I'm going to need a lot of Tony time," Joan smirked, pepping up a bit at the thought.

Snaking a hand under her skirt for a goose, Tony got a startled shriek from Joan, who narrowed her eyes and tried to look unhappy... failing miserably.

"Ok you two, eat!" directed Jen. "We need to get Beth opening presents soon because they are all going to want to go out and celebrate without the old fogies, and we have some of our own celebrating to do," she said glancing at Rob.

While we ate and visited, we could hear the kids inside, enjoying their time together. It was a good day with a great reason to celebrate but there was a sense of loss. Like the last day of vacation when you know reality is coming the next day, you wish you could make the day last forever but can't. Time marches on and Beth is growing up and leaving.

Beth and company were out, before long, helping to clean up. I think someone was anxious to get to the gifts. With so many hands, everything was done in 15 minutes and we were all in the living room. It was a tight fit for all of us but the kids didn't seem to mind squeezing into the seating together and frankly neither did we. Jen and I took one chair, her on my lap. The kids were on the sectional and floor, while Joan had the other chair. Beth was on the hearth where her gifts were stacked and Tony had his camera out like usual, recording the memories.

"Hold on, I'll be right back," Tony said, stepping out the back door. A few minutes later he returned, handing Joan a small wrapped box the size of a deck of cards, sharing a conspiratorial smirk before turning their attention to their daughter.

12