Drew's Trouble with Cats and Roaches Pt. 22

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He did not hear Alania scream into the towels on the lounge. It was only a momentary setback for her. She knew she would have and own him.

***

Target tramped through the fallen leaves as she made her way from the shuttle to the ramshackle convergence of buildings that were as close to a capital building as the Omega colony was going to have. She could have cared less. At one time it was the local Tavern and whorehouse.

The new Lady of the land used to be one of its slave whores until she rescued DB and then he 'rescued' her. It seemed fitting that the buildings had been 'repurposed" for the benefit of the whole town.

Her arrival had caused quite the stir. Not only was this Lady Target from the capital. But her entourage was quite unique too. A large golden cockroach, wearing a cowboy hat, squeezed out itself out of hatchway. Following the cockroach was a familiar being, a large spider wearing mini mouse ears.

Target was just unwinding her shoulders. She could feel her fight-flight tenseness start to drain from her. It was hard for her being cramped inside the shuttle with the Bug. She did not give a shit that he was an ambassador, his kind killed her family. Somethings would not be forgiven. Even flying in the oversized cargo shuttle did not help.

Her 'adopted' spider daughter was Ok. She had spent many hours around her, with Cara and then Nalia. The avian pilot on the other hand was scared shitless the whole flight. Target was happy she got to play copilot. It helped calm the pilot and if the Avian would have frozen out of fear, Target would have been there to handle any flight emergency. By the time they landed, the avian was warbling to herself.

Hoppy would be staying in the colony so Target did not have to worry about the pilot on the return trip. Target had just exited the landing pad area and saw the groups assembled to meet her. Nalia and DB were out front with babies in arm. Cara was there looking like she was going to burst. Someone had brought a folding chair for her comfort. There were multiple species waiting on her when Nor slid out from behind the corps of trees.

The stiffness in Targets shoulders immediately came back with a vengeance. She did not like snakes. She did not know why, but SHE DID NOT LIKE SNAKES! And she was perfectly fine to be that way. Nor had stayed to the back, not that she had a choice. Her full length of snake body, even coiled, took up quite a bit of room. Just because she had a female body stuck where the snakes head should be, did not soften the blow. She was a SNAKE!

The hugs and kisses mere done in the normal informality of family. A speech was given by Lady Target to those close by and recorded for distribution to the rest of the colonies about how proud the Capital was of the changes and growth.

After all the hubbub, the procession went to the government building for meals and real discussion away from the prying eyes of others. Nor followed the procession as she had done for her entire life, but this time it was in the dirt and dust of an outpost colony.

Nor had cried herself to sleep on many occasions wondering which god had turned a hateful eye on her. This was not why she was bred. This was not what she had become accustomed to. And deep in her soul she knew this was not her destiny.

*

Target relaxed on the patio with the cubs on her knees. She had been playing, holding, and cooing them for hours. She was enjoying the simple family time. She wanted to stay and play with the cubs, and then help Cara over the next month get ready for her children to be born.

She missed this, family, children, and the simplicity of doing good works. She had been sucked into a political world she had no desire for. It was time to again talk to Drew about a change.

She was deep into contemplation watching the cubs, roll and play. Nalia came over and touched her shoulder to get her attention. She knew deep down that her name had been called multiple times, but she had been too deep in her head.

"Lady Target" Nalia started, which meant it was formal. Target just took a deep breath and let it out slowly.

'Nor is asking for formal audience with you regarding her position on the home world and the colonies." Nalia finished.

"Niece, I assume this is the same subject and same request that you keep bringing up?" Asked Target.

'Yes, Auntie. Nor does not belong in the Colonies. She has no skill set to be out here like the rest of us. She was a Royal Archivist. We have nothing 'royal' and nothing to 'Archive' on the edge of wilderness." Nalia ended and looked at her aunt and paused.

"I know of your...'discomfort' at her appearance and I know she was thrust on you because of my little cousin's adventure. But I also know that you would never be unduly unfair to a creature because of what it was. This situation is unfair to her Auntie. It's not her fault she is a 20-foot serpent with a beautiful face and upper body."

"Well, I can't even think about sleeping in the castle with a 20-foot snake slithering around. But I have decided about what we talked about. It's time for me to retire from public service and become a real Auntie to all the children."

"Have you talked to Lord Drew about it yet?"

"Yes, in a way. The last time we had any time to talk and breathe together was over a month ago and I asked him how I could 'retire'. He had just shrugged and said, 'do so'. He wants me to be happy and the children have always been my focus."

She paused knowing the change would make her sad, but she had had her days of battle, her long hours of taking care of everything else. It was time for her.

"I'll talk to him tonight before the dinner." Target finished and picked up her Pad. She sent for a special ship she could fly alone, just her.

"Send Nor in, I think I have an interesting work-around."

***

Drew was looking at the gathering throng for dinner. He had his holo-player tuned to several cameras in the reception hall. There were species and emissaries from all over known space. Lady Target came up behind him and hugged him.

"Thank you, my mate for being so understanding. I am just so tired of being looked at for all the answers. I just want to go raise our children, let them play by the river and have a quiet life. You and I have lived so many lives in our short time together." She paused as he turned around to look into her one bio and one mechanical eye,

"You know I love you in the earth human way and will always be your mate. But as we talked, I just need to focus on the children, ours and any others that need help in this new world we created." She teared up as she finished looking up at him. She felt so old at that moment.

"And you know I love you my mate and Lady. But I understand completely. I wish I could retire, but with this alliance, there are three new worlds to look at being colonized. I was hoping that Alexander would step up, but he seems content to lord over the remaining Cat clans." He paused to kiss her in the human way and then rub their faces together in the way of her people.

"Let's go get the pomp and circumstance over. I miss the days of the compound on earth, where all we had to worry about was if there was enough beer for Kay." He finished with a sigh.

Target chuckled and then pulled him down for a kiss and straightened his formal outfit. It was as close to an Earth tuxedo as he could explain. Everyone remarked at its simplicity and lack of adornment. Many others would be wearing some type of military outfit, festooned with decorations for battles that Drew was responsible for winning.

Drew could have cared less for added false complements. He was simply happy to have survived and hopefully brought happiness to so many.

Of course, not all were happy with the way things turned out.

***

The dinner was a success, at least from a political point of view. The two sovereignties would be united and move forward a one. When the Emperor of what humans called Marauder space, passed to meet his ancestors, the prince would ascend to the throne and be the new emperor.

Drew was always fascinated about the inner workings of Auntie network and festivities like tonight. The Cat Females immediately took second seat when it came to the administration and coordination of these events. Technically his authority of rule was still the Pride. But the Kettle, being such engineers and organizers, became the de facto leads.

He was seated with Lady Target to his right, as should be. To his left was Princess Ama soon to be Queen Ama after the mating. Her ladies in waiting were seated to her left. It seemed that he had the pleasure of mating all four tonight in the traditions of her world.

Contrary to what he would expect, the prince had not been seated to his left but with Alexander. When he started to question Target about it, we just got waived off with the comment, "later".

He had been surprised to see Alania there. She was escort to some Human male in a bit over the top military uniform. He looked like a Russian Federation officer. There were representatives from all of Earth provinces.

Nor made quite the commotion when she slithered in. He was interested in finding out the story of her return. She had found, or brought with her, some striking metallic looking clothes. She had polished her scales to the point of glowing. And she was radiant in her attitude, even from across the room.

Nor held her head high as the only one of her species in the room. After the festivities, Drew noticed others drifting over and entering conversations with her.

Things One and Two both made it and he had moment to let them know he had better find them on his porch for morning breakfast. Biani was there as escort to the one sister.

Elsa, as ambassador to Earth's UN had returned for this occasion. Also, Adrian, DB's mom and Ambassador to the Northern Alliance had come. She accomplished the mandatory handshake requirements and was awaiting Lady Targets escape after the dinner to catch a ride to Omega.

With all the pomp and 'bullshit', as Drew thought of it, even with all these people near him, he felt alone.

Target was leaving, and while he would probably see her as much as with their current living arrangement, her belongings had been packed and she would be leaving before the ritual mating started. She was taking the Royal Cat armed shuttle with Adrian, Goldie and Lady included. Kitten would stay with him.

It was quite the night, lots of toasts, drinking and shaking of hands by people taking credit where no credit was due. At the end of the night, he had had enough and stood. Lady Target stood next to him and made him look into her eyes. He smiled and wanted to let her know that he was not mad, only tired of the evenings 'pageantry.' There was silence once he rose.

"To my daughter Aya, who lied and cheated her way into space and brought lasting peace with the empire," as he finished, he rose his hand in a toast. As everyone started the toast, a laugh started in the back, with Biani he was sure.

The laughter spread as everyone finally realized what he had said.

*

Drew stood on the edge of the pad, Kitten nuzzling his hip and ribs as he watched the Mouse-that-Roared jet off into the inky blue-black sky. He always hated the renaming of the craft. He loved the warrior graphics but 'Royal Cat"? That name did not provide the concept of what that little ship had seen during their fight to survive.

His mind shifted to Tiffany and the fight they fought together. The love he felt for her and he felt the deep pang of sadness. He would always wonder, if the mental illness that he found later, during her betrayal was always there or had come later. He had taken the Pride and the other clans to places outside their customs and done it quickly.

Maybe too quick. Could the paradigm shift in the Cat culture have caused her mind to shatter somewhere deep? The Cats come from a very linear stock. Their culture did not provide for a wide shift of empathy or exploration.

The Cat culture was a hammer to meld others to within its own boundaries. Those that could bend, were bent. Those that could not were disposed of quickly and ruthlessly.

Yet he had become the hammer. A sledgehammer to force the Cats into excepting other species as equals. Hammering away each day to force acceptance of others and new ways to live.

Did he have that right?

And he had shattered that with his own beliefs. He had brought them to Earth to save them, maybe he had done more harm than good. Even now, the other clans kept to themselves on the main continent in their own self-ruled regions, while the other species intermixed, thrived, and spread on Atlantis.

Now all those other species were interbreeding. And that is why he just watched his mate fly off to be with the children. To help them thrive and grow.

It was time, a new chapter to be written. Three full worlds to be explored and colonized. Would these Cats be as myopic when it came time for sharing and cohabitation?

"Poppa! Inside, you cold!" Kittens worry broke him out of his momentary self-doubt.

He turned away from his worries and hoped Eddie's potions and pills would help his sullen mood.

*

His mood did not disappear but was sure was helped along after he met with Eddie about tonight's festivities. He was to only mate with the Princess and one of her chosen hand maidens. The other two handmaidens could be bedded later in the week or when he wanted to.

Drew downed the elixir that Eddie had made for him. It was the same elixir he had imbibed in prior to bedding Thing One and Two. He had chosen to make this more of a private affair after concerns sent by the Princess. It seems that she had limited experience due to her 'pickiness' and the local Cat cultures traditionalistic views. She was circumspect about mating for the first time with 'this human' in open public. All her Handmaidens would be present, plus some 'lower' attendees as bath servants.

Drew bristled at the concept of "lower' anything. He too would be bringing an attendee, his 'Royal Companion" Kitten. Eddie just chuckled at the apparent affront...bringing what one of the handmaidens called his 'pet'.

Eddie wished he could be there when this 'pet' answered back.

His private quarters were more than adequate, so he finished his dressing, or undressing as it may be, slipped on the silk kilt that Target had procured for him, and found Eddie waiting in his informal 'living room'.

"Good evening Lord Drew. I hope that you are doing well after the departure of Lady Target." Eddie paused and turned his head to look at the open doors leading to the private patio.

"Even after all these years and the changes we have wrought in our lives...I feel we have passed another threshold." He paused again, "like after the death of my birth mother Meme, or the passing of Tiffany or Kay...Change was forced on us."

Drew shared the pictographs that flowed between the two males in the Cat way. Expanding and enveloping the discussion and total concept and meaning of the 'discussion.'

Eddie just looked out at the stars that could be seen through the light pollution of the city.

"Does the change ever stop?" Eddie huffed for a moment. "My sire the old Lord had not changed the Pride for his lifetime and his sire's lifetime before him. Life was a series of obstacle to overcome and conquer. The disease and genetic issues were beyond his fathoming. The Roaches were just another battle to win or die."

Eddie turned to him now with tears in his eyes, "I have a mate where I would not have been allowed. I have cubs that have been raised at home, which would not have been allowed. I have seen things, accomplished things, been friends with odd creatures," And Drew could see himself in the pictographs sent by Eddie and it made him laugh.

"I have been allowed to infuse our science, learning and medical knowledge from civilizations from all over the galaxy. That would never have happened under my old sire. And it has been allowed and done by you Lord Drew, with the honor and love of the Pride in your heart at all times." Eddie paused and turned away from his old friend.

"What a price you have paid, my good friend," Eddie stopped talking.

The two did not talk for several moments until interrupted by the Royal companion.

"Poppa, get mating done so females stop...'chattering'?" commented Kitten. Drew was ready to burst into laughter when he realized her vocabulary was expanding again, "three never stop 'chattering'!" she finished.

Drew could not hear the women in the next area until he opened himself up and then could hear the back-and-forth discussion of sexual positions, alpha males, clothing, bath salts, and much more gushing in a continual flow of information and debate.

"Out of the mouth of 'pets' Lord," commented Eddie with a chuckle. He handed Lord Drew several pills, just in case, and left by the 'hidden' servant's entrance.

Lord Drew left his 'private' quarters and ventured into the area set aside for the large sleeping pit. The stage had been set by others, but cushions and softer accommodations had been placed to create secluded areas and a buffet of foods and drink for the mating Cats.

He easily picked out the emanations of the 4 new cats, a Kettle, and an unknown entity. Drews attention though was drawn to the Kettle in the room. He could pick out her 'signature' anywhere, Alania.

His first reaction was to march over to her reclining position and ask what the hell she was doing in his private quarters again. But then he reminded himself what the purpose of this 'meeting' was and then thought that ignoring her would be best.

All the women in the room rose and then placed themselves in an order of hierarchy. The princess was out front kneeling with her arms outstretched before her, hands open and palms up. She was covered in a silky transparent wrap, over a cat version of panties and bra covering her mons and multiple nipples.

Around her neck was a platinum chain collar that paired well with her grey pattern fir. She was strikingly beautiful with large roundish eyes that matched her more rounded ears. Even kneeling he could see her height. Her body was more linear that what he was used to in a Cat. Narrow waist, smallish but well-formed multiple breast. Narrow hips and long lean legs.

If she had been human, he would call them runners' legs. And in human terms she had a Eurasian look about her face.

She had been given the name of Ama by his daughter. Since Cats do not need names, they just 'are' with the transfer of minds, Aya had provided names and the explanation of dealing with different cultures and species.

Her handmaidens were named Bella, Camila, and Dahlia. Bella and Camila could be just slightly less exotic versions of their mistress. They too were supplicated but with faces to the floor and arms outstretched before them.

Dahlia on the other hand was the outlier. She was a bit more muscular as was readily apparent in her shoulders and arms. She also had what humans would consider a slight bubble butt. But with her shifting he could see the muscle tone there too, winding its way down her thighs. She had a darker coloring than the other 'snow Cats' as he was starting to think of them, with a more striking pattern in her fur.

She was also, a bit more daring. While supplicating herself she had tipped her head so he could see she was watching, like a 2-year-old that could not help herself. And while the others were still, she swished her hips and tail just slightly like the pent-up energy of the 2-year-old, ready to burst forth.

In the rear was Alaina, supplicated with head down. He knew that she had a complete understanding of every 'chess piece' in this room.

The last of the participants in this room was a human, and that shocked him. He would ask later why he had not been informed. She too supplicated herself and was very still.