Earth, Sun, and Moon Saga Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yeah, and if the temple itself traveled?"

Gwen's eyes went wide. "What are you getting at?"

"The museum."

"A majority of the ancient Egyptian artifacts are in London or Cairo. He wouldn't be able to travel all the way here."

"That's understandable but museums have switched it up in recent years. Instead of having a bunch of stuff in one location, a lot of pieces are assembled into traveling collections that tour major cities like rock bands. There's one about mummies at the Burke right now."

Gwen's mouth hung agape. "There are Egyptian artifacts in Seattle?"

"Yeah. The billboard I saw said it was the largest collection of mummies in the world."

Gwen made a fist and knocked her forehead. "How could I be so blind? Of course." She moved around the altar, considering the broken idol.

"I think this may be easier than we think. If we could get to that idol and destroy it, wouldn't that sever Anubis' connection to Earth?"

Gwen chuckled, darkly. "Have you heard the expression, 'history doesn't repeat but it often rhymes'?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Because that was exactly the plan the first time we faced him."

***

Wales, 1890

When the stagecoach stopped, it was well far away from the cottage. A figure, dressed all in black, stepped out and she began walking the muddy path toward the small house.

Gwendolyn stood outside, arms crossed, waiting. A raven had warned her of its approach.

She could tell the figure was female from the ridiculous dress of the era. For the last several hundred years, wealth meant more cumbersome and restricting clothing for women and this woman was wealthy indeed.

Edward stood nearby, around the corner of the house, hidden in case this meeting went bad. Her ward was brave, if inexperienced, but she was glad to have someone watching her back.

Muddy paths through lonely forests to hidden cottages in the backcountry of Wales usually impeded all but the most curious of guests. Well-dressed women were not common. But the stranger made her way with grace, seemingly gliding as she approached. Gwen made a mental note to strengthen her protection spells.

Their visitor wore a wide-brimmed black hat, perhaps too wide for the fashion of the day, and black gloves along with the high-necked, full-sleeved silk dress.

Ridiculous.

She stopped when she saw Gwen in the doorway.

"Hello, Gwendolyn," she said. "It's been a long time."

"Aye. It has." Gwen narrowed her gaze at the woman. "Tell me what I can do for you, Lenore."

***

They sat in Gwendolyn's cottage around a small table. Edward busied himself by preparing tea while the two women stared at each other, each willing the other to speak first.

"This place is nice," Lenore said. In the dim cottage, she'd removed her hat, revealing her vibrant red hair. "Very cozy. Hard to find."

"Get on with it, then," Gwen said, curtly. "Speak your piece. You didn't come all this way, in daylight nonetheless, to have a chit-chat."

"Honest words." Lenore nodded. "I've always appreciated that about you."

Edward set two cups of tea before them. "Sugar?" he asked Lenore.

"Thank you but no, handsome." Lenore smiled up at him. "But a splash of cow's blood would be divine."

Edward looked at her confused. "We don't have a cow."

"That's fine." Lenore's grin widened, fangs extending. Lightning fast, she seized his wrist. "Yours will do just as well."

"Lenore," Gwen warned. "Don't."

She released Edward, who backed into a corner before remembering his wits.

Lenore retracted her fangs, turning back to Gwen. "I'm just having fun. I'm well-fed these days anyway."

"Get on with it before I cast you out."

Lenore held a hand up in surrender. "Right. There's no easy way around it then." She paused, smoothing out wrinkles in her lap. "I need your help."

"Yes, that much I figured." Gwen sipped her tea, not taking her eyes off her guest.

"This is hard for me to admit. I'm not used to needing help. But I don't know where else to turn. About a month ago, one of my coven disappeared. The second disappeared a fortnight ago. We're being hunted by something."

"Hunted?" Edward scoffed. "Serves you right. Undead and unclean thing. You make a mockery of the gods."

Lenore didn't so much as glance in his direction. "Your pet barks a lot," she said to Gwen. "Although, I admit, he is handsome."

"Oh, I'll do more than that, defiler!"

"So brave too! Gwendolyn, you will just have to tell me where you find such dedicated apprentices." She turned to Edward. "Tell me, handsome, is that bravado you're feeling natural or is it something you felt after she bedded you? Rescue you as an orphan, did she? That's the Gwendolyn we know and cherish."

Edward looked furious, his face reddened.

"You did not come to my glen to pick a fight with my ward," Gwen said. Then, turning to Edward, said, "Don't let her get a rise out of you. It's what she wants. Please, mind the garden for a time."

"But mistress."

"I'll be fine," she reassured him. "This one and I go back a ways. She's no threat to me."

"I'll have her back to you in no time at all, handsome. Cross my heart."

Edward, unhappy, complied and left.

"He seems nice," Lenore said once he was out of earshot.

"What's hunting you?" Gwen asked.

"Don't know. But it's ripping my coven to shreds."

"Where?"

"We have a nice spot in London. East End. It's a lovely hunting ground. Poor, diseased, crime-ridden."

"We all heard about Jack the Ripper. One of yours?"

"Sadly no. He's just one of the colorful locals. He took the blame for one of our fledgling's kills though."

"Lovely."

"So imagine my surprise when we began discovering the corpses of our coven. The first, Stephano, we found on the roof of a townhouse and partially shoved into a chimney. Catherine was fished out of the Thames shortly after. Both of them were missing their hearts. They appeared to be torn right out of their chests."

"Now that is peculiar."

Lenore nodded, gravely. "You see our predicament then?"

"So not only is someone able to kill vampires, they're making a sport of it."

"That is my fear."

"Do you have any leads?"

Lenore shook her head. "I've never seen anything like this. Not even the Templars could do that. My kind were ambushed, overpowered, and murdered."

Gwen nodded. "Fine word, 'murdered' is. Or did you forget what you had for breakfast?"

"Don't take the high road with me. I don't need a lecture. I need your magic."

"You understand what you're asking of me, yes? I've nary left this glen in decades."

"Something properly nasty is out there picking off my kind and it's only a matter of time before it gets around to you and yours. I just need help putting a name to the damned thing. Not asking you to don armour and ride into battle."

Gwendolyn considered, finishing her tea. "How many are left in your coven?"

"Five. Myself included."

"They know you came to see me?"

"They know I left to get counsel from a friend."

"Will they behave should you bring a couple of sorcerers along?" Gwen glanced furtively out the window, knowing Edward was nearby.

"You'd have my protection as my guest." Lenore followed her gaze and reflexively licked her lips. "Both of you."

"Fine. But consider any debt I have with you paid in full."

"Thank you." Lenore bowed her head in gratitude. But Gwen had known the vampire for a long time and recognized just how scared she'd been and just how relieved she was now.

They left that night.

Edward gave only mild protest. He initially insisted that Gwen not go and then, when it was clear she would, insisted on coming with them. His desire to protect her was predictable as it was sweet.

Lenore's stagecoach was luxurious for the times. The coachman, a stout bald man named Tom Cooper, drove the four sturdy horses along the road at a steady pace. He seemed to be mute as far as Gwen could tell.

Inside, the coach was downright dark, with curtains drawn tight around the windows to keep light out. Once the sun set, Lenore visibly relaxed and opened them to bask in the night air.

Gwen and Edward sat across from her. His face was a near-constant scowl as he stared at Lenore.

"Anyone ever tell you it's rude to stare?"

"I'm not inclined to take my eyes off you," he said.

Lenore opened her legs at him, teasing him with a glimpse of her chemise. "Scandalous. Your mistress is sitting right there."

That elicited a slight grin from Gwen. Despite the passage of time and distance, Lenore's licentious sense of humor remained unchanged.

"You know," Lenore said, leaning forward toward Edward. "Your mistress and I go far back. Even had a coven together. We used to share everything. And everyone." With that, she ran a finger down the front of her black corset.

Edward frowned. "Is this true, mistress?"

"Aye," Gwen conceded. "I've known her since she was a mere fledgling. Even took it upon myself to protect her for a time."

"But, mistress, she's a monster. How could you have befriended such a fiend?"

Instead of answering him directly, Gwen turned to Lenore. "Tell me, who was the last person you fed upon?"

Lenore leaned back with a huff. "Some vagabond posing as a merchant."

"And why did you choose him?"

"I observed him plying a traveling eyeglass seller and his daughter with spirits at the last coaching inn we'd stopped at. Ostensibly, he was making a business arrangement but, really, he was after the man's teenage daughter. When her father was good and drunk he made a ploy at assisting her in carrying the man back to their room. When the door was shut he turned on the girl. He intended on ravishing her in the same room her father lay unconscious in. And she was nearly as inebriated as he was."

"So you saved her?" Edward offered.

"Oh, I don't think anything will save that trollop. But I did assist in keeping her honor intact for at least one more evening. He won't be preying on travelers henceforth."

"So you have a code? Only feeding off the wicked?"

Lenore smiled coyly. "No, handsome. I'll feed off nearly anyone. But not all feedings end in a grave. That I reserve for special cases."

Edward scoffed. "A monster with morality. Now I've heard of everything."

Lenore slid from her seat until she was on her knees in front of him. "You keep calling me a monster. Mayhaps you would like to punish me?" She worked to open her corset at the top, loosening it and revealing the tops of her breasts.

Edward, nervous, looked to Gwen for help.

"Don't look at me," Gwen said. "It's not every day you get to bed a vampire. Consider it part of your training."

"I promise to be gentle," Lenore said, her eyes hungry.

The stagecoach lurched to a stop, throwing Lenore into Edward's lap. The young man yelped in surprise but it was clear to Gwen that their stopping was unintentional.

Outside they heard raised voices and the hooves of horses.

Lenore righted herself, groping Edward's crotch as she did. "Why, you're harder than British foreign policy! Pity, that'll have to wait."

"Come out now, dearies!" a voice commanded. "Ain't mean ya harm. Just relieving you of yer heavy burdens."

They exited the coach to find three horsemen had waylaid them. Their own coachman, Tom, had his hands raised and a look of bored resignation on his face.

The three wore a cloth around their faces and short-brimmed hats. Two carried pistols and the third a club of sorts.

"Why ain't you all a motley sort," the lead highwayman said.

"What is the meaning of this?" Lenore demanded, indignant. "Do you have any idea of the delay you've caused us?"

Gwen couldn't help but smile at how easily Lenore slipped into her role of traveling nobility.

"Madam," the lead highwayman began, feigning a bow. "Pardon our interruption. Our band of ruffians didn't be understanding a woman of your class would be traveling at such a dreadful hour. It's dangerous out here. All sorts of nerdowells out on the prowl, see? It might be of interest to you to allow us to escort you to a nearby respite. Protect ye and all ye hold dear. For a small, inconsequential fee of course."

"Clever ploy, lads," Edward said. "I imagine it might work on others. But I think it's best for you to move on to an easier mark."

"This man speak for all of ye?"

Gwen put a hand on Edward's arm. "We just don't want violence."

"I think yer man is an obstinate sort," the one with the club said. "Ought not be so, methinks. A bit of schooling might be in order."

Lenore rolled her eyes. "Alright. I'm officially bored of this. Move on or have at it. Enough of this tongue-in-cheek foreplay."

The leader spun around his horse, approaching them directly. "Methinks a woman of your stature ought not speak so plainly. Methinks she's up for a thrill."

"I was until you interrupted me."

"So, sorry," he said, tipping his hat. "Mayhaps I could take over? Good at thrills, I am."

Lenore sighed. "Have it your way."

Then she attacked.

One moment she was standing next to their stagecoach, and the next she'd appeared next to the rider, having already seized his arm. In a single yank, she'd pulled him off his horse and into her arms like a new bride. Her mouth was already at his throat while he struggled underneath.

The other two riders, not fully understanding what had just transpired, cursed and pulled their horses closer.

Edward stepped in front of one, pushing his hands out. It was a basic spell but forceful. The rider's mount reared up in surprise and fear as it hit an invisible barrier, and the rider tumbled off.

The other highwayman swung his club as he approached Edward.

But Gwen was already working. She gathered her powers around her like a familiar blanket.

Ravens from the nearby trees descended on the third rider in a frenzy of beaks and black feathers. He shrieked, swinging the club wildly as they attacked. His horse, spooked by the birds, began to buck and leap, tossing the rider further.

The second highwayman, stunned from being flung off his steed, stood slowly, pistol in hand, and searched for a target. Edward made a sweeping motion with his hands, turning the muddy ground under the highwayman into quicksand. He stumbled, then sank into it, suddenly trapped up to his waist. All thought of murder left him as he panicked trying to escape, forgetting about his pistol and Edward.

The whole fight lasted a mere minute.

Lenore released her victim, who was now merely dust and clothes, and turned her attention to the man in quicksand. She grabbed him by the collar and hauled him out, staying mindful of not falling in herself.

The ravens finally caused the third rider to fall off his horse, which rode off in a panicked gallop.

Gwen called off the ravens and approached the man. He was bleeding from a dozen cuts to his face and stared up at her in raw fear. She knelt down next to him and whispered an incantation.

"Nine years," she whispered, running a hand through his hair. The hair she touched grayed like a wilting leaf and wrinkles appeared around his eyes where none had existed before. Gwen felt her own youth return like a warm breeze and along with it, a pleasant stirring in her belly.

When she stood, the man crawled away feebly, terrified. No doubt he now had a story to tell.

Lenore sunk her fangs into the last man. Blood poured from his throat and down the front of her dress. When she was done she tossed him back into the quicksand patch where he sank like discarded trash.

Then she howled in ecstatic pleasure.

Edward could only stare.

Tom, who'd been still for the entire encounter, leaned over the side of his seat. "Countess, shall we continue on?"

Lenore sheathed her fangs. "Of course, mister Cooper. Come along, Gwendolyn. We have some ground to make up."

Edward held the door open for the two women. When Gwen approached he did a double-take. "Mistress? You look . . ."

"Prettier?"

"I was going to say younger. You've always been beautiful."

Gwen smiled and curtseyed.

As soon as Edward entered the carriage, the two women attacked him.

Gwen practically pulled him on top of her, kissing him greedily.

"Just like olden times, eh Gwen?" Lenore was already undoing her clothes.

Edward pulled back confused. "But mistress—"

She put a finger to his lips. "Undo your trousers and attend to your mistress like a good apprentice ought."

The stagecoach started moving.

Edward complied, no doubt the thrill of the encounter still coursing through him as well. He sat on the far side of the carriage and undid his trousers, pushing them down around his ankles.

"Why, Gwendolyn!" Lenore exclaimed when she saw Edward's considerable cock. "You sure do know how to pick them!"

"Wait your turn," Gwen said, hiking up her dress.

She straddled Edward, pushing a hand under her dress to grab hold of him. She lined him up and sank down, impaling herself.

"Oh. Goddess!" Her eyes rolled back.

Edward grunted in response, gripping the sorceress by the waist.

Lenore, now wearing only a chemise, appeared behind Gwen. "Here, handsome. Let me help you out."

Snaking her hands around Gwen she untied the upper ribbon of Gwen's corset and unclasped it from the front. It opened like a shell and Gwen's considerable breasts were released. Edward helped himself, pulling down the top of her chemise and burying his face in her tits.

Gwen held his head, smothering him as she rode him. Youth magic always made her particularly sex-crazed and might last, in a barely contained fashion, for days before she got a grip on herself. Her first orgasm rose then from that knot in her belly and blossomed until a shivering fire spread across her chest. It rose further to her face, making her cheeks rosy, and then moved down, making her curled legs tremble.

"Oh, Edward!" she cried out. "You were wonderfully brave! I saw how you defended your mistress! Oh! How far you've come in your studies!"

She poured praise on Edward as her orgasm rose. Edward mumbled thanks into her breasts but whatever else he said was muffled.

She came in a tense release of energy, driving her hips into his and quivering as that fire burned white hot through her whole body for just an instant, before subsiding into a pleasant warmth.

Gwen pulled herself off him, sad at the sudden emptiness.

Edward fell back in the seat, panting. It was clear he'd been close to his own orgasm when Gwen pulled away, as precum oozed from the tip of his rigid cock.

"My turn," Lenore said, crawling toward him on all fours. "Tell me, handsome, have you ever had your pike taken by a monster?" She stuck out her tongue and licked a strand of precum off the tip.

Edward, whether overtaken by lust or simply fed up with being teased, grabbed Lenore by the hair. "I know how to get you to shut your mouth, whore," he growled. Then he pulled her head down on his cock.

If Lenore was surprised by his sudden confidence, she didn't express it. She opened wide and engulfed Edward's entire length down her throat. He let out a surprised groan and held her there for a moment before pulling her up.

"Is that the treatment you want, fiend?"

"Oh yes, handsome. But you forget." She grinned wickedly at him. "I don't need to breathe." Then she pulled away from him and throated him completely.

Her onslaught was total. With his entire cock buried in her throat, she only had to lift up slightly to create the sensory impression of sex. He did not fuck her throat, instead, she fucked him with her throat. She bobbed her head, up and down, faster than any human woman possibly could.

He was not prepared for this.

Edward came in a near-panicked state of ecstasy. It was as if she'd triggered his orgasm by flipping a switch. Thick ropes of semen flowed down her throat and she kept herself buried, her nose nestled in his pubic hair until his spasms subsided.