Earth, Sun, and Moon Saga Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You'd be surprised how much water is in bones," Ash said, winking at him. She leaned down and kissed him while still keeping his member inside. "Say, I have a favor to ask."

"After that? Anything."

"When we're all done fighting Annie, presuming we don't all die, do you think we could make love in my secret place?"

"You mean, your cave?"

Ash nodded. "I've never had a man there before and I . . . I know it's silly but I like it to serve its purpose. At least once."

James hugged her close, spooning her. "It's not silly. And I'd love to. Consider it a date."

"Yay!" She kissed him again, squeezing him tightly. "You're the best! Now we just have to figure out the whole 'not dying' part. But go to sleep. We'll do that later."

James wanted to protest, considering he felt better, but then she tapped his forehead and he went unconscious.

***

Gwendolyn knew she was in trouble before she opened her eyes.

Fluorescent lights shone above her. Not a good sign

She was lying on a cot, in what appeared to be an office of some sort. A bare desk was shoved up against one wall and an empty metal filing cabinet was against the other.

The room stank of stale coffee and cigarettes and it was possible that the thin carpet was older than she was.

She sat up and was still as a rush of nausea ran through her.

When it passed, she stood and took stock of her situation.

The office had large windows that looked out into a warehouse of some sort. Her captors clearly didn't care what she saw because the blinds were open.

Captors.

She had a brief, clinging memory of talking with Lenore and James in the kitchen. They'd just returned from somewhere . . . the details were fuzzy. They were discussing what to do about Anubis.

Anubis.

She needed to leave.

The moment she placed her hand on the door handle, a wave of burning climbed up her arm. She pulled her hand away, confused.

She went to a window, placing her hand over the glass, but not touching it.

She could feel the presence of the ward there.

"Fuck," she whispered when she looked down.

That old, shitty carpet was covered in burn marks. Curved lines ending in abrupt angles, the swoop denoting an enclosed enchantment, and the subtle smell of the magnesium used to draw it. She didn't need to be a witch to know that she was standing on a sigil.

That sigil made the office a prison cell.

This was old magic. And, from where she stood, unbreakable.

"I'm glad you're awake." The voice spoke from outside the room.

When she turned to him, with only a pane of glass between them, her mouth fell open.

The man standing didn't look as he had the last time she saw him; he was older, handsome still but more distinguished. He wore a dark gray suit and held a simple black cane. Confidence radiated through him.

He was, physically speaking, a completely different person than who she'd known. But, despite that, she recognized him immediately.

His eyes—those windows to the soul—were the same.

"It can't be," she said, failing to keep the horror from her voice. "It's not possible. You can't be real."

Edward smiled at her. "Good evening, mistress. We have a lot to discuss."

Wow, I really hope that you liked that! If you did, leave those comments and reviews, they keep me going in a very literal sense. I can't wait for you to read what I have planned next. Thanks to all of you who have supported me, and I will see you next time!

Exes and ohs,

Dakota