ECPM Ch. 02: Skip Tracing

Story Info
Is Emma ghosting Mark after their night of passion?
8.3k words
4.67
1k
3
0
Story does not have any tags

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 02/25/2024
Created 11/06/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Experimental Cologne PheroMoans

Chapter 2 Skip Tracing

The bright light from the sun beams into Mark's room, awakening him from sleep. He can still smell Emma's perfume lightly on his pillow.

"Wait, Ems?" Mark says, getting out of the bed. He sees his clothes from early in a pile by his bed and puts them on as he walks out of the room.

"Hey, bro," Dave says, eating some eggs while leaning on the kitchen counter.

"She's gone?"

"I mean, doesn't she leave today?" Dave says, looking at him confused.

"Yeah, I know that I just."

"Oh shit. You did it." Dave says with a huge smile on his face.

"We did, but."

"Oh. Geesh, not even a note, maybe even a text." Dave says, putting his bowl in the sink.

"Let me check," Mark says, returning to their room. He looks at his phone to see he has no text messages. "Nothing!" He screams back at Dave in the kitchen.

"Damn," Dave says as Mark walks back into the kitchen. There are some eggs for you on the stove.

"I don't think, I'm hungry."

"Me either, but you know the drill," Dave says, slapping his chest.

"What does this mean, man."

"don't overthink it, dude. Remember, she leaves today. She probably wanted to get home to her family and have breakfast with them before she had to get on a plane."

"Duh, that makes sense. I'm an idiot." Mark says shaking head.

"True, you are, but you wanna know what you aren't anymore," Dave says, smiling, handing him some oatmeal in a bowl.

"Hungry after this." Mark says quickly, eating his plate of eggs.

"No, well, yes. But no, a Virgin."

"Oh yeah, that."

"How was it man? Was Emma the sexual beast like I thought she was?"

"It was probably the best night ever." Mark says staring off into space.

"Ahh, dude, you gonna make me cry."

"Shut up," Mark says, eating his oatmeal, he then looking at the time.

"Better hurry, the bus is gonna be here in like 40 minutes."

"Shit," Mark says, placing his bowl in the sink and running into the bathroom to shower.

After a quick shower, he looks over at the bottle of PheroMoans. It was a whole bottle, almost glowing in the bathroom light, and he pondered whether he would ever use it again. Mark gets dressed, grabs his phone, and walks out the door to text Emma. He completely ignores Dave as he leaves the apartment entrance for the bus.

"What the fuck." Dave says, catching up to him. It's almost like Mark can't hear him as he looks at his phone and tries to figure out what to text.

"Hey Ems, last night was great..." Mark says to himself as he walks across the street. Dave close behind him, watching Mark move without looking.

"You are damn lucky there are no cars right now," Dave says, crossing the street with his friend.

"Hey beautiful, last night was cool..." Mark says aloud, then shaking his head.

"It's Emma, for fucking sake. Just be you."

"Oh, now being me is enough." Mark snarks back at Dave, looking up from his phone.

"Just fucking say something, already."

"Alright!" Mark screams back. "I... alright."

"Damn, dude. What's going on."

"I don't know. It's like I'm having a panic attack. What if I just fucked my whole friendship up."

"What the fuck did you do last night." Mark and Dave get inside the bus as it pulls up and find seats. As they ride to school, Mark details last night leaving out the cologne portions because he thought Dave would think he was an idiot.

"And that's pretty much it, man," Mark says as they walk up the train station steps to the school.

"You fucking stud!" Dave shouts, slapping him in the back. Almost making him fall forward. "Sorry. Also, you really didn't have to go that in detail with it man."

"You tryna kill me?"

"It sounds like last night was magical. Shit, it's a shame she has to leave today. You too would have made a cute couple."

"You think she would have wanted to date me?"

"Hell, if you out here nutting in girls without a second thought about the consequences."

"Oh shit, I never even thought about that."

"I mean, I don't blame you. If a woman tells me to cream her up, I must oblige."

"Oh, a gentleman," Mark says.

"Look, text her, and see what happens. Stop dwelling on it."

"Alright, I will," Mark says, pulling out his phone before entering the school.

{Hey Ems, I know you are probably busy with the goodbyes with the fam. I want to say last night was amazing for me, and I hope it was for you as well. I know you will do dope things in Japan, and I can't wait to see you again. I love you.}

Mark hits send and looks at Dave with a smile.

"You feel better now."

"A little."

"Good, let's get this day over with you drawing dicks again today. Shit, it's got real cloudy all of a sudden." Dave says looking at the sky. "I should have brought my damn jacket.

"Shit, don't remind me. About the dicks and I also have that makeup class for Science of Light."

"Ewe," Dave says as they walk into the school. "Don't try to overthink it. I'm sure Ems will hit you back up ASAP.

"Right, you're right. I'm sure Emma will message me any moment. I know she will respond and say I love you more. Or even I will call you when I get in Japan."

"Okay, buddy, I'm going to go to class. You're malfunctioning right now. Just take it easy and chill, Okay."

"alright. Alright," Mark says as Dave departs in the other direction. Mark walks to his class, checks his phone, and then says to himself. "Any minute now." Just as he says, the class can hear a loud crash of thunder outside as the model falls to the ground from the cracking sound."

"Perfect, perfect, that is a perfect pose." The teacher says to the model on the floor.

-Two days later-

Saturday Morning, it was the weekend, and the beam of sun shines into Mark and Dave's room once more, hitting the other side of the room. This time, Mark's eyes were already open; he could barely sleep or do anything these past two days. As he waited for any response from his friend Emma after their perceived night of passion.

He, of course, messaged Mr. Emerson, Emma's father to make sure everything was okay, and he told him she had safely made it to Japan and had been talking to them the whole time. That update gave him even more relief and dread.

"Hey, bud," Dave says from the other side of the room. "You, okay?"

"Yeah, I'm alive."

"I'm sure she has her reason, man. Maybe she is just getting adjusted."

"Maybe."

"Don't let your mind get to you."

"I should have stayed a fucking virgin; I ruined our friendship, didn't I."

"Don't say that. Look, you want to go out tonight or something? To get your mind off this."

"I don't know man."

"Well, just let me know after you get off work tonight, okay."

"Right, I think I'm gonna run to clear my mind."

"Good idea, get some LISS in."

"Yup," Mark says as his phone goes off, he quickly returns to it.

"Starting your run Early, huh." Mark, he looks over at Dave with a smile as he answers and puts the phone to his ear.

"Hey."

"Uh, hey...is this, Mark?"

"Uh..Yeah?"

"Good, this is Mr. Fraiser."

"Oh, yeah. Hey, sir." Mark says, his face melting in despair. Dave winches his face, feeling for his friend.

"Are you busy today?"

"Uh, no. I work today, sir, around 1400L., around 2 pm."

"I know we had to move some people around today. Can you work a double today?"

"A double, uh yeah, sure?"

"Good. You can work as a cashier while you're here for the second half of your shift.

"Oh, awesome," Mark says, trying to find some excitement from the news.

"Great, come in at ten today." Mr. Fraiser says. Mark looks over at the clock, and it is 9 am.

"I guess I'm not going for that run now," Mark says, placing his phone down and walking towards the bathroom. He takes a long shower, trying to put Emma out of his mind. He thinks about putting on PheroMoans, but he decides against it. He grabs the light blue and sprays some on his body. He gets dressed, grabs his things, and walks to Everyday Earth.

As he crosses the apartment complex's entrance, he sees a runner approaching him. He dodges out of the way as the runner looks back at him.

"Rosalind?" Mark says as he gets back on the sidewalk. The walk was short as he entered his place of work and clocked in.

"Mark, hey man! Come over here, bro," says Max, a new cashier who recently started two months ago. "

"What's up, Max?" Mark says, walking over to Register Three.

"I saw that cute black girl you hang out with all the time in here wearing your hoody the other day," Max says, smiling while leaning on the cash register.

"What? Are you sure?" Mark says, now fully engaged in the conversation.

"Yeah, she, man, it was like two days ago she came in around opening time and hit the pharmacy up for some Plan B," Max says, tilting his head. "I'm hoping that was you?"

"Of course?" Mark says. "Wait, I meant no, I don't know."

"What?" Max says as a customer rolls their cart into his aisle. "Whatever time to get to work?"

"Of course," Mark says under his breath. The afternoon shift sped by as the customers piled in and out of the store. He thought working here would get his mind off Emma, but after Max's update, he couldn't help but wonder if Plan B was the issue. She was the one that said cum in me he, I'm an idiot, Mark thinks. He takes a break outside before his next shift starts. He sits on the bench outside next to the propane tanks and vending machine. Pulling out his phone, he looks up and sees Autumn walking in with her sunglasses on and Everyday polo and khakis. She makes it look good, as if she was a rockstar.

"Hey, Stranger." She says, pulling her glasses down and winking at Mark before entering the store. Mark waves at her and then checks his phone for anything from Emma. He clicks on her name on their messenger app.

{Hey Em, if you are mad about the} He deletes his message and shakes his head.

"Hey, man?" Max says, walking out. "You good?"

"Yeah, I'm straight man."

"Okay, hey, you made work go by smoothly today. I think I like working with you."

"Thanks, man. Have a good rest of your day."

"You too, man, don't let them work you too hard."

"Right," Mark says, waving at Max as he walks to his car. Mark looks at his watch and steps in for his second shift.

"Let's make this money; don't let this money make you," Mark says to himself, slapping his face. "Ouch." He says, walking back inside the store." The hell is wrong with me."

"There is my trainee," Autumn says, clapping her hands and pointing at Mark.

"So, you're training me."

"Unfortunately, you got the worst one. Sorry, not sorry." Autumn says, smiling.

"Nah, I much prefer you over the rest."

"Oh, you gonna make me blush."

"How are you, Autumn?"

"I'm great. Your here, and I'm training you; this should be an easy day. All I have to do is sit back and watch you work. "Autumn says, gesturing to the register.

"Sure, let's get this shit over with," Mark says, shaking his head in agreement.

"Somebody got an attitude, geesh."

"Sor..My bad Autumn. It's just things and shit and shit." Mark tries to laugh it off.

"Oh, well, hey, you know you can talk to me about anything, right.?" Autumn says, placing her hands on his shoulder. "I know you're a good person, Mark, and you always listen to my problems and even try to offer solutions when I definitely don't want them." Autumn laughs. "But I know you care, and I just want to ensure I reciprocate that." Mark looks her in the eyes. "Right, uh, let's get started. We have a customer coming."

Halfway through the shift, Mark is scanning and giving out change as if he was doing this his whole time at Everyday. "See, I knew you would pick this up quickly. I mean, it's not like it's Rocket Science. Besides, you're smart, and you're in college."

"The college park doesn't mean much, trust me?" Mark says, smiling at her.

"Sure, if you say so," Autumn says, grabbing a bottle of cleaner to clean up the registers. "So, how come you usually work the weekends and not out partying like the rest of ..." Autumn pauses.

"You good?"

"I was gonna call you kid, but I don't think I should anymore. You know you never really acted like the other college kids around here."

"Well, my situation is kind of different."

"True, it's been like a year now, right."

"Yeah, the anniversary is the first of November." Mark shakes his head. "Anniversary makes it sound like a good thing."

"I get what you're saying."

"To answer your first question, I used to party a lot before then, but I don't know. It just seems weird to do it now."

"How so?"

"Well, it just feels like I'm wasting my time if I do so. Some days, I feel like I'm not getting anywhere in college. Like I'm wasting my time, and all this is just for nothing. I could go out there and drink away those thoughts or try to hone my craft and get something out of this."

"See, that's a mature way of looking at things."

"Or I could just be a Debbie downer."

"Oh, hush," Autumn says, throwing a balled-up paper towel at Mark. "Even though you feel that way, you should take time to unwind and maybe even make a girl's night."

"I doubt that would happen," Mark says, laughing.

"What do you mean?"

"Autumn, you really think I'm this cold, Cassanova."

"You're not?"

"Hell no! My roommate is, though, but not me."

"Wait, so... you're." She pauses and looks around. "A virgin."

"I was, but not anymore... I rather not talk about it."

"Oh shit, yeah. Crap, I'm sorry. Why did I even ask? Stupid me." Autumn tapped her head.

"No, you're Okay."

"If you want to stay abstinent, that's a good thing," Autumn says

"No, that's not it. Girls don't find me attractive, I guess. Trust me, it's not for lack of trying. I spent my whole time in high school and practically my full two years in college striking out constantly."

"Bull shit," Autumn says, smiling

"I'm not joking, I'm dead ass serious here."

"No way?"

"And even when I finally get laid, it's with my best friend, who I'm starting to think will never talk to me again."

"Geesh, that's tough, Mark."

"It's my fault, really."

"I don't get it through; I think your stone-cold stud. If I were your age." Autumn says, shaking her head.

"What?"

"What?" She says, mocking him. "You don't get to be suppose. Don't forget you called me a Milf yesterday."

"I did that; I'm just surprised you find me attractive."

"Yeah, I probably shouldn't say that either." She laughs. "God, my slut is showing right now."

"Hey, you are not a slut."

"Mark, you barely know me and have no idea how much mileage is on this car." Mark's mind wanders to her transforming into her Silver Toyota Camry. He shakes it off. "Nobody wants to be with a woman like me. Well, I guess I'm good for a lay."

"I'd hit it," Mark says

"Whoa, you're getting mighty bold these two days."

"Yeah, that was out of pocket."

"This whole conversation we are having is out of pocket. There is no way in hell I would do anything with you, Mark."

"I figured."

"Not because you're ugly or think you're a loser. No, it's the simple fact that I ruin lives, Mark. You don't want my poison in your life." Autumn says, looking down like she remembers every past relationship that failed in her life in the stains she is cleaning on the cash register behind Mark's.

"Autumn." He says, looking at her." Maybe I am immune to your poison, and you never really asked me what I think of you?"

"I don't want to know, Mark. What are we doing?" She says, grabbing some trash bags towards the customer service area.

"We are just having a conversation."

"A dangerous one she says, placing a bag on his register. Empty your garbage."

"Okay." He reaches down underneath the register to get his trash bag.

"I have freaking kids, Mark, and I have to think about rent and how I'm going to put food on the table. Making sure my oldest is getting his girlfriend pregnant because he reminds me so much of his father."

"That is a lot," Mark says, putting the new trash bag in the trash can.

"See! Like I hate to say this, but I wish I could get a do-over, sometimes, but then I feel like a stupid bitch because I dig my kids. Even we hate each other now and then. I had to change my approach to being a parent with my youngest because I treated my oldest at first like he was my little brother, but that wasn't who it was."

"Does he wear Nautica voyage?"

"What?"

"Nothing, I'm being stupid. Hey Autumn, I selfishly don't want you to have a do-over either because I dig the Triple-A you are now."

"Don't call me Triple-A."

"Why."

"Why would you even call me that."

"Because ...of your initials, Autumn August Ash."

"I know my initials. That was my nickname in high school during my hoe days."

"Is that what they called the hoes days."

"Shush. That name gives me bad memories; some things age like spoiled milk."

"Sorry, I didn't know."

"I'll let you have this. Sorry, let's wrap this shift up. I'm getting hungry."

"Yeah, I've been on my feet practically all day. I need a hot shower and some. Why do I have a taste for cheesecake."

"I make a mean cheesecake."

"Oh yeah, I might have to take you up on that offer. Can past on some pie."

"Your trouble."

"Thanks for today, Autumn."

"You don't have to thank me. I told it was going to be nice and easy." Autumn showed him how to close the register down, and Mark finished the rest of the task on his docket for tonight's shift. His day of work was finally over, and he was exhausted and ready for bed. Autumn and he both exited the store as the market manager did some last-minute closing details inside the store.

"Hey, Mark? Do you want me to ride you back to your apartment?" Autumn says

"No, you don't have to waste gas on me. Besides, I enjoy the walk. It can be peaceful." Mark says

"Well, be careful. Sometimes, it's not so peaceful here in Atlanta at night."

"I know, but I think I will be okay." Mark says as Mr. Thomas comes out and locks the store up." "I'll see you two tomorrow, Mr. Thomas," Mark says, walking home. He takes his time on his stroll down the block. Mark briefly looked up at the stars, remembering when Mark and Emma had done the same in high school. He smiles and thinks to himself that at least he has the memories. Mark walks inside the empty and quiet apartment and hits his pillow. He lies in his bed and thinks about two nights ago as Emma's perfume fades from his bedding.

Sunday Morning

Mark wakes up from his sleep after a long day of work yesterday. He checks his phone once more but sees no new messages. He places it back on his nightstand and stares at the ceiling.

"I'm an idiot," Mark says.

"Give it time, bro," Dave says from the computer desk on his side of the room.

"Yeah, I will try to get that mind-clearing run this morning."

"Bet, I bought some egg whites if you want some."

"Oh, fancy."

"It was on sale, couldn't miss it," Dave says, stretching back in his chair. Mark gets out of bed, gets dressed, and runs outside. "Don't kill yourself!" Dave screams as Mark closes the door to the apartment. "I probably shouldn't have said that," Dave says before returning his headphones.

Mark walks out to the sidewalk outside of the apartment complex. When he makes it to the outside, where the sign is, he sees Rosalind bending over to stretch. It was as if she was giving everyone a show. Mark's eyes were locked in on her ass, watching it slightly jiggle as she rocked back in forth. Rosalind's bend was perfect as if Rosa folded herself entirely in half. Well, except for her curves.

"Are you done?" Mark freezes in places as Rosalind's head peeks through between their upper knee.

"I was..." Mark says

"You were practically in my Culo."

"Culo?"

"Do you like what you see?"