Elizabeth at War Ch. 04 - Spider

Story Info
Meditation gives insight in the network of evil.
1.3k words
4.4
565
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MacHardy
MacHardy
41 Followers

Stan was awkward, not sure how the children would react, but Sammy had no reserves. She leapt at him and gushed: "Mr Best, you have been away ever so long. And this is such a nice lady you brought. Is she your wife? She looks nice. What is your name?"

The brunette leant down and touched the little cheek. "I'm Jenny, sweetie. And Stan is my husband. How clever of you to see that."

Sammy stared. "I'm Sammy, my little sister there is Sweetie. And did you hurt your leg? You walk funny."

Elizabeth had risen from the couch and now called: "Sammy, don't pester our guests. Please come inside. Jenny, I am pleased to meet you. Stan has become a close friend, I hope not at the expense of your relationship. He really meant a lot to us, he spent days and nights making sure we were safe."

Jenny gave a tight smile and nodded. "I am glad to have him back, but I also know what his work means to him. Our careers have taken us on different routes many times and it is hard sometimes. Still, I am glad you made time to see me."

Elizabeth leant over and took her hand. "Jenny, I did not have to make time for you, or space in our lives. You are here, you are part of our family, like Stan has become. Now, since he is no longer required to keep a professional distance, I hope he will be more relaxed. Tell me about yourself while Stan gets us something to drink. Terry will be home soon and Sunitra and Bill are coming over for the weekend. Sunitra is my teacher and I count on her to guide me in healing meditation, to try to repair the damage in my head. You know the story?"

Jenny nodded. "Stan told me enough. Well, our story is not all that complicated. We were in the same theatre, he needed some intelligence, my team was sent in to get it. Battlefield intelligence. He was given incomplete information and so we walked into an ambush. I must add, he had doubts about letting a woman lead a team into that sort of combat situation. Well, we took fire, got hit, I lost two men. The promised backup was in the wrong place so he put together a team of men he could grab together and came to get us out. A chef, a mechanic, a radio operator... So picture the scene: Casualties getting carried back, I am trying to lay down fire to keep the enemy heads down while screaming at him for bringing non-combatants into battle. He warned, saw someone firing from my right, I swore at him to stay out of my battle. That's when I got hit. He carried me out while I was still trying to fire back. That was when the cavalry finally arrived. Romantic, huh?"

Elizabeth gave a short laugh. "Many would think so. I can see what it cost you, not just in being wounded, but in pride, in losing face..."

Jenny looked at her with surprise. "Stan was right, you know. You do see deeper under the surface than most. Well, we went the romantic route, kissed as the chopper lifted me out. He came to see me, proposed. My dad disagreed, tried to interfere, and of course I rebelled. Stan was there for me whenever I needed him, but things just went bad. I mean, I am madly in love with him, and sometimes I hate him. I feel I am letting him down... "

Elizabeth smiled at her. "Jenny, dear, I am honoured that you are willing to let me into your life like this. I am here for you, please believe me. I can sense your confusion. Stay a while until Sunitra is here, she is good at helping people find their way back. Now where are the scamps? Probably getting Stan to stuff them with ice cream again. Too much sugar is bad for them. You do not have children?"

Jenny shook her dark head. "He wants to, I am not ready for that. I cannot make the commitment...."

Stan came up with drinks, surrounded by chattering kids. Elizabeth took her drink but ignored the children. "How badly were you wounded? If you don't mind talking about it? Would you want to do yoga with us?"

Jenny smiled. "That has been a life saver for me. I lost most of my right leg. Do you think the kids would be shocked? I can show you."

Elizabeth smiled. "I'm sure they won't be shocked. Fascinated, probably."

Jenny pulled up her skirt, showing an articulated prosthesis, a skeleton of carbon fibre with shiny steel components. The children were intrigued, wanted to know how it worked, how it felt, then went back to begging Stan for a story.

An hour later Sunitra was leading them into a healing meditation, getting their breathing into a rhythm, the minds concentrated, the thoughts channelled. Slowly they worked through their bodies, Sunitra aware of a warm little body on her lap, Elizabeth cuddling the other two to her. Jenny sensed their presence, following the chanting, the thoughts, the breaths.

For seemingly endless minutes they stayed in the silence, existing, being, resting. Then they came out and each had his or her own way to reconnect. Terry took Elizabeth's hand and kissed her softly, hugging Sweetie and Danny, who had fallen asleep. Jenny reached for Stan, her eyes still dreamy, her mind still unfocused. He squeezed her hand and she knew his eyes would be on her, full of concern. For some reason that did not irritate her as it usually did. She raised her face to him for a kiss. Sammy frowned, looking up at Sunitra, then at Bill. "Why is doctor Bill not kissing you? And when will you have children? I would like a friend, you know?"

Bill suppressed a snort of laughter, but Elizabeth nodded. "You are wise beyond your years, Sammy. They have been together for so long, I also think it is high time."

Sammy hugged her and said: "I love you, mummy, and I thought Sunitra was going to be our mummy when you were ill and she slept with daddy. But now she sleeps with Uncle Bill, and he loves her too."

She turned to Sunitra. "That's how babies are made, you see? You just have to love him enough. Is there ice cream left?"

Jenny and Stan looked on in companionable silence as Elizabeth led an ice cream expedition to the kitchen. Terry looked at Sunitra, an embarrassed frown on his face. She leant forward, a hand on Bill's leg. "Terry, my dear, there is nothing to be embarrassed about. Bill and I, we are both Tantra adepts. He would have been angry if I had not comforted you and Elizabeth, in that way. As you comforted me. We do not have exclusivity, except, perhaps, in a special respect and... and appreciation for each other."

Bill nodded. "Terry, we come from far back. We have shared love, sex, emotions and pleasure with many people. I am glad Sunitra could share that with you and with Elizabeth. Is that a problem for you? But first, I must correct you, Sunitra. You left something out, my dear. Something I should have said to you a long time ago. It is true that I have a special respect and appreciation for you. But I should have said, a long time ago, that I also have a deep love for you."

Sunitra was speechless, her eyes filled with tears, unable to say anything. Then a little blond whirlwind dashed between them and jumped into Sunitra's lap. "See, I have two spoons, you can share if you want to."

Sunitra smiled at the little tyke, took a mouthful of ice cream and said: "Shush now, Sammy. Bill, I don't know what to say. Yes, I love you too. I love you with all my heart."

Sammy sat on her lap with head cocked, then said to Elizabeth: "Mommy, they are going to get all mushy and go kissing and stuff. Come, look at the tent I made for my dolly. Aunty Jenny can come too."

MacHardy
MacHardy
41 Followers