End of Days

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Despite the difference in their ages, as Jim was more than twice hers, Hailey's dependency on him blossomed into something more - a physical attraction. Regardless of the fact that he was much older, he was in good shape. He stood just an inch or so above her, was average build with graying hair and hazel eyes. Something she never would have considered previously now became an increasing desire.

Truthfully, she knew that part of the attraction - maybe a large part - was because he was the only guy in town. But, she was still a healthy young woman who had needs and she assumed he had needs as well. At first, she had no sexual interest in him whatsoever as she mourned the loss of her fiancé. She didn't even have any desire in satisfying herself. But as the calendar slipped further toward the shortest day of the year, during those long, lonely nights as they sat in the glow of a radiant fire in the living room, internal stirrings began.

It was a few days before Christmas and the first heavy snowstorm of the season was underway. With lights off all over the world, Hailey stared out at the frosty scene. Wind swirled the snow around and there was a faint glow cast by all the whiteness in the air. Even now, after everything, there was something peaceful and pleasant about the first snow. "It's beautiful out."

Drawing his attention away from the book he was reading by firelight, Jim focused on Hailey standing at the window. She was wrapped in a large blue plaid blanket, her hair hanging loosely down her back. There was no doubt she was a very attractive woman, but he had nothing but pure and platonic feelings for her. She was young enough to be his daughter. Still, he got up and walked over to her, anxious to look outside.

"Mmm...it sure is. Nothing quite like a snowfall is there?" Staring out the window it was hard to believe there were no other people around. It seemed like everyone should be locked indoors watching the snow show.

"True." She decided to bring up something she had been thinking about for a few days. "You know, Christmas is almost here. Anything special you'd like Santa to bring you this year? I can pretty much guarantee you'll get whatever you want." She turned her head and grinned at him. He was in his usual brown corduroy pants, with a heavy maroon sweater on.

He tried to return her smile but it was weak and looked more like a smirk. The holidays were always such a wonderful time, especially with his children. Jim could barely think about Christmas without visualizing his kids rushing down the stairs in the morning to size up their gifts. "I'm not really in the Christmas spirit this year. Are you?"

"No. Not particularly." she admitted. Honestly, she was in no mood to celebrate anything. "Still," she continued. "I'd like to get you something, if you'll let me. If only to express my gratitude and thankfulness for allowing me to stay here. I can't imagine where I would be right now if you hadn't come along."

He stared at her. How young she looked just then. A face so clear and eyes so blue even in the dim light cast by the fire. "That's the least I could do and, as I've said, I really do appreciate the company. I would be utterly despondent if you weren't here."

They looked at each other. She wrapped her arms around her body, pulling the blanket tighter against her to fend off a chill. "Can I at least get you some more reading material? Raid the town library and add to your collection?"

He chuckled at that, then kissed the side of her head affectionately like he used to do to his daughter when she amused him. "If you want. That would be very thoughtful and nice." Turning to look at her, he noticed again how blue her eyes were. They were the bluest eyes he had ever seen. "Is there anything I can get you? Anything you want? It wouldn't be fair if we didn't exchange gifts."

"I wouldn't even know what to ask for." She turned and walked to sit on the couch. "Everything I ever wanted is now available, all I have to do is take it. Doesn't seem right, does it?"

"It sure as hell doesn't." He flopped down in the large, comfortable reading chair by the fire and pulled a heavy blanket around his lap and legs.

"Well, whatever you get will be fine. Surprise me." Hailey slid her legs underneath her and leaned over on the couch. "What are you reading tonight?"

"Romeo and Juliet!" he answered excitedly. "You know - I always wanted to read Shakespeare but somehow never found the time. I read this one in high school but that was so long ago I can hardly remember."

"How far along are you?"

"Actually, I just started it tonight. I'm only a little ways into it."

"Would you mind reading it out loud? I'm always at a loss when you start reading but never want to go to bed."

"I would love to. That would help keep me awake too. You sure you wouldn't mind?"

Hailey giggled. "No, silly. I asked you to."

"Alright then." He closed the book and opened the front cover. "Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare," he began. Flipping a few pages, Jim began his narration. "Act I, Prologue. Two households, both alike in dignity..."

When he finished reading Act I, he turned to look at Hailey who sat entranced on the couch, her focus on the burning wood in the fireplace. "You're a very good reader, Jim. I'm enjoying the story more than I thought I would."

"Excellent. I'm glad," he answered, then removed the blanket and stood. "However, I'm about done for the night. Can I get you anything before I go to bed?"

She shook her head. "No, I'm good. But, I think I'm gonna just sleep on this couch tonight and enjoy the heat from the fire. It gets pretty chilly upstairs even with blankets."

"Sounds wonderful. I'll toss a few more logs on, and that should do you good for most of the night." Jim was a man of his word, collecting three thick, heavy pieces of lumber and arranging them in the hearth. When he was satisfied, he rose and bade Hailey goodnight.

Alone with her thoughts, curled up under the blanket, Hailey wondered if there would ever come a time when Jim didn't regard her like a daughter. She also wondered what he looked like naked. For the first time in a long while, she rolled onto her back and slid a hand underneath her pants to rub her pussy.

She had almost forgotten how good that felt. Recollections of Riley, her deceased fiancé, ran through her mind. She pictured his long hard dick jutting straight out in front of him like a javelin. She thought about the first time they had fooled around and had sex - one beautiful May afternoon after a science lecture at the central Maine College they attended. They had gone to a secluded spot in the woods that surrounded the campus.

Nervous about taking their masks off in front of each other, since for two years their campus had required face masks as mandatory, they soon realized how attracted they were to one another. And this led to an afternoon of sexual exploration and satisfaction. At times it had been intense and Hailey immediately knew afterwards that she had fallen in love with him. From that day on they were inseparable.

God, what she wouldn't have given at that moment to have Riley back. To be able to hold him, kiss him, make love to him. Hailey arched her back slightly as two fingers slipped into her wet hole. She moaned softly. With her free hand, she reached underneath her shirt and bra to caress a large breast as her body warmed up.

She tried to keep her voice low. Jim was in the next room, his door open, and she didn't wish to disturb him. It would be embarrassing to wake him while she masturbated, although that might actually persuade him to fuck her.

Deeper her fingers went as she threw off the blanket and spread her legs a bit. When that proved cumbersome, Hailey quickly removed her clothing and heaped it in a pile on the floor. Once naked, she threw her left leg over the back of the couch and planted her right foot firmly on the carpeted floor. With her body fully exposed and her pussy open, she began pounding it for all it was worth.

It had been such a long while since she had pleasured herself that it didn't take long for her to reach climax. Hailey bucked her hips up and down as her fingers penetrated her hole.

Soon, a familiar sensation erupted throughout her body. She bit her bottom lip to keep from screaming out, but that didn't prevent her from moaning loudly. Once her release was over, she relaxed every muscle and lay on the couch to catch her breath. If Jim came out of his room now he was going to see everything but she didn't care.

Sleep soon took over and Hailey succumbed to it. At some point during the night, she wrapped herself in the blanket again and slept peacefully. When Jim woke up the next morning and headed to the kitchen to boil water on his Coleman stove for coffee - drinking instant, which he absolutely hated - he noticed Hailey's clothes on the floor and was intrigued. Of course, he had no intention of broaching the subject with her. Perhaps she had gotten too hot from the fire.

After making coffee, Jim took his first cup back into the living room and set it on the end table while stoking the fire back to life. An hour later, sitting comfortably in his reading chair and sipping on his third cup, Hailey awoke. The realization that she was naked was immediate and she turned her head to look at Jim, sitting where he always sat in the morning.

Shrouded by the blue plaid blanket, she rose slowly while scooping up her clothes. Jim turned his head and smiled affectionately at her, then resumed reading.

As she stood there trying to decide how best to proceed upstairs, Jim broke the silence. "Sleep ok? Was the couch comfortable?"

"Actually, yes. It was quite comfortable."

"Wonderful." He hadn't shifted his sight from the book. "Would you like me to get you a cup of delicious Taster's Choice coffee?" This time he looked at her and screwed up his nose to signal his distaste of it. But, what choice did they have?

"That would be great." With that, she went up the stairs to shower and change. Thankfully, they still had running water although neither of them knew why or just how long that would last. For now, it was a blessing.

When she came back down, her cup of coffee was ready and Jim was in the kitchen sizing up options for breakfast. "We need to acquire a chicken or two. I'm ready for some fresh eggs."

"Mmm...yes, that would be nice." Hailey took a sip from her cup. While upstairs she decided to broach a sensitive topic with Jim and see where it led. She had everything to gain and nothing to lose so she figured why not. "Um...I hope you don't mind that I sleep naked. I meant to be up and dressed this morning by the time you awoke."

"Hey, mi casa, su casa. Make yourself at home." He stood in front of a large pantry evaluating all the cans on display.

"Jim? Can I ask you something?"

He sensed that whatever she was going to ask would be personal and immediately tensed up. "Ok." He hesitated, then slowly turned around, hoping whatever she asked wouldn't be too uncomfortable.

She could tell he was on guard, but as it was just the two of them and they were in the same house, what harm could there be in asking questions. "Do you ever get lonely? Like - miss the company of a woman?"

He walked to stand by the counter and placed his right hand on it while deciding on how best to answer. "Sure - of course. Nearly every day."

While he was receptive to her questions, she decided to press on. "Well, do you ever...you know...satisfy yourself?"

Swallowing hard, Jim turned to look at her. "You mean - do I jerk off?"

Hailey bit the inside of her mouth and paused. "Yeah. Do you?"

This conversation would have been unthinkable to him under any other circumstances. But now, after all he had been through, after all they had both been through, what did it matter? "To be honest, Hailey, I haven't really thought about that lately. I haven't had much desire."

"Yeah - me neither really." They stared at each, both aware that perhaps they were crossing some invisible boundary. "Except last night. It just hit me, you know? I started thinking of Riley, and missing him. I miss him so much, Jim. I miss his laugh and his sense of humor. I miss his personality. I miss being with him. I miss making love to him. I miss everything about him." She continued to look at him. "Next thing I knew I was naked and...well, taking care of myself." She let out a soft little chuckle to ease her embarrassment.

"I can understand. Completely." He reached over and squeezed her hand. "I'm so sorry - for everything."

She squeezed back while placing her other hand on his arm. "I know you are, but you certainly aren't to blame." They stood together in silence, staring at each other. Though she was nervous, Hailey spoke the words she had rehearsed upstairs. "You know...if you ever want...I can help you with that. Maybe...maybe we can help each other."

He was rendered speechless - stunned in fact, and had no idea what to say. For the longest time he just stood there. Finally, he had to admit he was at a loss for words. "I don't know what to say to that."

"I don't want to embarrass you or make you feel uncomfortable, because that would make things awkward between us. And I especially don't want to dishonor your wife or your marriage. But, it's just us now. We wouldn't be hurting anyone." That was it - she threw it out there and wouldn't press the issue. At least he knew where she stood.

When another minute had passed, Jim took a deep breath and sighed. "I appreciate your honesty, Hailey. I just don't think...I mean...look, I'm lonely too but I also know that I'm over twice your age and your options are pretty fucking limited."

"Yes, they are. So are yours by the way." She tilted her head sideways until his face turned to look her in the eye. She smiled meekly. "Just think about it. No pressure. But, I think it might help our situation a little bit if we could provide some measure of comfort to one another." She let go and turned to leave the kitchen. Just then another thought struck her. "Jim? Will you ever not see me as someone you have to take care of, or not think of me as your daughter?"

A slow cryptic smile creased his face. "I'm 52 and you're 24 - that's a big difference. Under normal circumstances, that would get me into a whole lot of trouble. It's not an easy thing to overlook."

She walked over and looked him square in the eyes - eyes that conveyed so much. "We're not living under normal circumstances anymore. Reality is completely different now." She paused, thought hard about what she wanted to say, and then said it anyway. "What I'm saying to you is that I want to. I'm lonely, that's true. But, I'm also a normal, healthy young woman with needs. Those haven't stopped just because the world has. I think we could provide some satisfaction for each other, and that would at least lessen - a little bit, anyway - the hardship of what we're going through."

Hailey turned and left the kitchen quickly before he had a chance to respond, which was good because he still didn't know what to say.

Christmas day came and they made the most of a very unusual situation. Jim ended up boiling a turkey, as he had for Thanksgiving the month before, along with boiled potatoes and vegetables. Thankfully, the meat was still good because the temperatures had dropped precipitously, keeping the meat from spoiling. They enjoyed their lovely meal on trays in the living room in front of a roaring fire as faint snow swirled around outside.

After dinner, they exchanged gifts. Hailey had indeed gone to the local public library and selected a multi-volume leather-bound set of Shakespeare's works. "Oh, wow," he exclaimed when he unwrapped his gift. "Thank you, Hailey. This is perfect. Truly."

He, on the other hand, had wandered through empty houses looking for something special - not really knowing what he was searching for. At first it felt just wrong being in other people's private spaces, but the more he did it the less it bothered him. There was nobody around to stop him.

At last he spied something he thought would make her happy. It was a thick silver necklace with a matching bracelet. He was no expert when it came to jewelry but he guessed it had to be at least 18 karats, maybe more. There had even been a case in one of the bedroom drawers, and he placed both items inside hoping she would like it.

Of course, she did. Hailey's beautiful blue eyes flew open wide. "Oh!" she exclaimed. "Oh goodness Jim. These are exquisite." Her face radiated pure joy - the first she had felt in what seemed ages and a single tear ran down her face. "Thank you so much." She walked to him and kissed his cheek before clasping the necklace and bracelet to her body.

For the rest of the evening, Jim read aloud as Hailey stretched out on the couch. It had been a wonderful day, as Christmas often is, despite all odds to the contrary.

As she headed toward the staircase, Hailey paused and leaned down to whisper in his ear. "Someday, you're going to want to see me wearing this jewelry - and only this jewelry." Then she scrambled up the stairs, once again leaving Jim speechless.

As December gave way to January, the weather turned brutally cold. Thankfully, being situated along the coast helped somewhat but it was damn cold regardless. Jim had gone around the area and made an enormous stockpile of firewood, so they were taken care of in that regard but they still dressed heavily anyway.

At night, they took to sleeping on the floor in the living room in front of the fire. Nothing more had been mentioned about sex, but as they lay next to each other there was tension. Clearly Jim wanted it as much as Hailey, but he put a mental block up that made it impossible for them to do anything.

One night during the last week in January, Hailey had fallen asleep on the floor. When she turned onto her side to face him, she unconsciously threw her left arm over his chest while continuing to sleep.

Jim froze in place, unsure what to do. He didn't wish to wake her. But while the rest of his body relaxed in preparation for sleep, his dick sprang to life when Hailey's arm draped across him. It was the first time in months he could remember getting hard, and it seemed to be getting harder by the minute. Just the feel of her warm body nestled against him was enough to start his heart racing, especially as her large breasts pressed against his side. Her arm around him, almost cuddling into him, was more than his cock could stand.

The harder his dick got, the more Jim mentally visualized the woman lying next to him. She was about his height, just over six feet, with a solid build and large breasts. Her eyes were a beautiful blue, especially when she wore mascara. She had a nice rounded ass from the back and he imagined what she looked like naked. Christ, he wanted to see that.

Naturally, at first, he hadn't wanted to take advantage of her and hadn't any desire. He had been committed to his wife all through their marriage and he continued to miss her something awful. But, life had changed. God had seen fit to strip him of everyone and everything he loved. He had taken care of Hailey and provided for her as best he could. In fact, they had provided for each other, especially in terms of companionship.

But, she was right. They weren't living under normal circumstances anymore. He couldn't be expected to stop living just because everyone else had died. All of this caused his dick to thump against his skin with every beat of his heart. He decided to get up and go take care of business. He was looking forward to it in fact.

As he lifted his upper body, Hailey's arm slid down and she awoke with a start. "Mmm?" They exchanged looks and she smiled faintly at him. "Leaving me?"

"I was just...umm...going to the bathroom." He wanted to move but hesitated. God, she looked so beautiful laying there reflecting in the warmth of the firelight. Her hair hung loosely all about her. She was so young, and looked so incredibly ravishing. Most of all, she was alive!