Entity Nest Ep. 013: LIGHT BehIND YOU

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'll take what I can get. How do I get my dog back now?" Ben was thinking the same thing. He was rather attached to his man's best friend.

"Dan?" Angela palmed his face, his thoughts garbled a bit. Finally meeting eyes both of them dropped their jaws. As it was at Emily's birth, both of their eyes were mismatched, one blue, one brown. What had Gemma done? "What does this mean?"

"It means I won't be dating Dan." Erin smiled. "My dad ruined that cruise. If I were to sleep with Dan I'd freak out thinking he was dad. TMI?"

"Yes! TMI!" Agnes scowled. "A connection renewed Daniel and Angela. His heart is strong... due to you and Emily. Benjamin entering Daniel offered a Lifespark from the afterlife it seems. Curiouser and curiouser!" She pointed at Erin. "I would be wary of your little friend there. I sense good and bad from it."

"Gemma?" Erin lifts the stone and looks at it. "She's my guiding light. Always behind me in everything I do. I recued her from the desert over in Afghanistan. I feel as if she's very grateful for our friendship. Even before she... let herself be known more recently, she's always given me a peace and comfort. That's why I rarely take her off."

"As I said... be wary Dear!"

Screams erupting Dr. Chalker who stood emotionless due to Agnes dimming his observations shook off his stupor and reacted to the screams. "What now?"

"He returns." Agnes glares at the ER. Racing to the door Erin and the Officer's find it locked. "It does not respond to my abilities." The old woman palmed the door. "There is an outside force at work here. I sense... vengeance."

"The goat getting revenge?" Erin questioned it.

"He does not want revenge, simply a soul to feast upon."

"Wait! Is my soul still here in me?" Dan bulged his eyes.

"You are fine Daniel."

"Whew! Did I really see your dog playing Rocky Balboa?"

"He taught me how to fight." Erin sighed, "I think I taught him a few things too." Her fear now was if her poor dog could survive the day. Peering inside they saw Scooby Boo... now Scooby Baa walking through the other set of doors salivating blood. "Aw man! Don't bleed out my buddy." She too had grown attached to Kyra's gift.

"Should we go back around and come up from behind him?" Angela dreaded the run again but protecting Isabel and Rico, other patients helpless to defend themselves she would if necessary.

"Why can't we open these doors?" Dr. Chalker looked puzzled. Even though he had somehow been allowed to see the sigil earlier when Erin pointed out Agnes' mark on the glass, due to Agnes herself truth be known, he was clueless as to why now? His brain was hazy of everything that was going on, as if erasing what had come before in small doses. Agnes spell to protect the occupants of Melas from learning too much. Even security cameras were going all snowy. Security guards on duty asleep in their seats to avoid their recklessness in the situation. They were safer off the clock.

"The sigil has been reversed. I do not understand why as of yet." Agnes did look at Erin's necklace.

"What? You think Gemma did this?"

"I do not know Erin Parrish. Only that the bauble... disturbs me."

"We have to get in there." Erin looks up, "Vents?"

"Good idea." Angela stepped back following ducts as best she could. "Dr. Chalker? Where is the HVAC room?"

"The roof I believe."

"That does not help."

"I'm going around to the other doors." Dan growled.

"Wait! Are you in any shape to...?"

"You with me Ben?" Erin looked at Dan as if he could see her father. Weird! A second later Ben returned to Dan's body. "Right with you Danny Boy. Buddy cops are us." Energized by the rider inside, Dan kissed Angela unexpectedly and charged off. Pausing to hold her lips she glanced at Erin. Erin was just amazed at her father jumping in that fast.

"Now I know how you feel about bedding down Dan. After that I'd be thinking of your dad too." Interesting threesome idea she thought then shook it off as fast as possible. "Job! Job to do. I'm going with them. Stay here in case you can somehow break that barrier thingy."

"No guns!" Agnes insisted. "No bloodshed!"

"You're killing us Agnes. Guns are what we do."

"Think outside the box." Erin pointed out, "Fire extinguishers. That kind of thing."

"Got it! Safety the top priority. Let's go Chalker. We'll use Dan's car to drive around." Out the door they went. Princeton was merely a follower at this point, worried for his patients." Good reason!

********

On the other side of the doors, ten minutes prior...

"Stay with me Isabel." Rico Montoya began praying, both of his palms coupling her right hand. Hearing screams in the outer halls he prayed that much harder. In an odd twist of fate he felt his left hands cuff come unclasped. Eyes opening he saw Isabel slither her hand from his and touch the cuff. He watched the metal turn blue then shackle itself to Isabel's wrist locking them together. "Madre Dios! What just happened?" He felt weak for a moment and closed his eyes his newly freed hand holding his temple as if a migraine.

"Rico?" He heard. Eyes wide once more he saw Isabel awake. Glancing from his sister's timid smile to her heart monitor it appeared as if her vitals were growing better. "We must go Rico."

"Go? Go where?"

"Where they... wait for us." She finds a vigor and sits up pulling out her IV and blood packet. Blood leaking on the bed she moved to join her brother, nudging him to stand up and back away.

"Sister... you are not ready to leave."

"I must or I will die. We will die."

"We?" On her feet and not even wobbly she pulled him along by his cuff with some renewed strength he had never seen her express. At the door Isabel opened it and boldly stepped out, guiding Rico with her toward the glass waiting room. "Why are we going to the waiting... wait for us? Is that what you meant? Who waits for us Isabel?"

"They call out to me. Angels perhaps... I am uncertain. I just know they want to help."

"There's nobody in the waiting room." BANG! "What was that?" Through the doors to the ER check-in they saw Scooby Boo looking in. Bloodied glass and black eyes, snarling one second, baaaaing like sheep the next.

"We must hurry. He will get through."

Into the waiting room they went. The TV set still playing Ghost Hunter reruns was on. As if drawn to a light like a moth Isabel reached up and palmed the television screen. "Brother? Join me." Cringing at the doors buckling as if being battered, the dog no longer in the glass.

"I think it's throwing its weight into the door. They're denting inwardly."

"Brother! Please... touch your hand to the TV like I do." Isabel held his cuffed hand tightly to get him to focus. In a fearful decision he complied. The second his free hand nestled palm by palm flatly, the screen switched blue and bluish palms united with theirs, contact made, fingers curling between fingers. In an unexplainable scene human bodies began crawling free of the TV, the mounts straining on the wall rattling but not falling down. First a female aura as if she was a performer in the act Blue Man Group was guided out, Isabel stepping back and offering room but helping her enter. Rico still held by a second of three hands couldn't pull back.

"What is going on Isabel?" Rico pissed his pants. The female figure with a stunning physique if not defined by anything but a brilliant blue glow held hands with a second being, this one a male. As the female escaped completely she drew her mate with her. A moment of struggle the male crawled free of the electronic prison and dropped to the floor. The Montoya's were now face to face with the ghostly visitors. Rico was speechless and lightheaded, as his knees buckled the male image caught him from falling.

"Yes! You may." Isabel answered an unheard voice. Rico tried to compose himself as he witnessed the female literally oozing into his sister's body. The male squeezed Rico's shoulder and took the risk of doing as the female, his body invading Rico until they were gone.

"We did it Curtis. We did it!"

"What did we... how am I not in my Mistresses home in the country? Where am I... Vienna?"

"The outside world. I felt a tug to venture here... to help Erin. I... needed you by my side to comfort me. You who are my savior." She spoke through Isabel's voice, Curly through Rico's.

Just as they adjusted to their new habitats, the doors to the ER check-in burst wide, slamming to their sides. Instead of Scooby Boo however, now stood a monstrous black ram rearing up on its hind legs and evolving into a more human like stature. The baaa's became more a roar now, as it sensed Isabel at the end of the corridor. Vienna tugged Curly and their hosts out into the hall to face the great beast.

"Hello my murderer." Vienna spoke out.

"This... is what killed you?" Curly reacted.

"Yes! Just as he intends to slay Isabel. By joining we can save one another. I can end it's evil. I MUST send him back to hell."

"Hell is real?"

"I... think so. I presume so." Vienna looked doubtful suddenly. "I don't know, my soul had never left my house until you removed me. My soul remained behind there I think which took me away from you. I was pulled back to it."

"So why hasn't my soul pulled me home? How did I even escape that which held us there?" Barrier sigils all over the plantation, or what was a plantation in the 1700's.

"Questions to be answered later."

"ISABEL!" Erin Parrish beat on the other doors behind them. "OPEN THE DOOR FOR US."

"MISTRESS!" Curly attempted to pull Vienna to the doors but found her unwilling. "Vienna?"

"She is safer out there with the witch."

"Witch? How do you know?"

"My family has ties to Salem, Massachusetts. Friends made that is. The old woman... was of a coven there in many years past. I recall meeting her in my childhood only once. Almost as if... scrutinized."

"I'm confused. You were killed by a guy you met for... engagement. How is this all...?"

"I only knew certain things my mother mentioned. Witchcraft is in our bloodline but I was not eighteen yet to carry over any birthright. I was murdered before I could turn eighteen. Isabel and her brother here are unaware of their own heritage. Their family in Mexico are Bruja!"

"What is Bruja?"

"Spanish for witch. Brujeria is witchcraft. She is not eighteen yet either. Which is why the demon seeks her out. My killer, would be her killer."

"MISTRESS... IT'S ME... CURLY." He waved at her using Rico's hand.

"Curly? How are you here?" Erin yelled through the glass.

"VIENNA!" He pointed at Isabel.

"VIENNA? IN IZZY?" A snapped glance at Agnes the old woman was gone. "OH, COME ON!" Distraught Erin spotted Dan/Dad entering through the back ER doors and moving in to check on Scooby Boo lying on the tile. Touching the dog, he stirred up instantly. Ben was home, his additional spark reinvigorating the confused canine. Whimpers instilled but welcoming his master Benjamin home, the dog rose up to stand mighty, wounds healing from within. "Thank God!" She slapped the door. In an unexpected click the door opened up as if never locked. "I don't get it. Was this you Gemma?" A wink of blue in the stone she entered in behind the brother and sister cuffed together at the wrist.

"Not sure how I gained entry but I'm here now. Nice to hear a voice Curly. Momma's wondered what you sounded like. What's with the goat? He grows humongous then stands there staring. Is that a good sign or bad?"

"He struggles to understand how I am here with Isabel. We have much to discuss Erin."

"You think? You here to stay longer than before?"

"I think the binds between brother and sister will keep us."

"Agnes said you can't possess anyone too long or it can make the host braindead. Vienna... you can't remain in Isabel forever."

"I can. I will explain later. Erin? I need you to do something."

"Listening!"

"Find the hotel manager." That was Isabel, not Vienna.

"Izzy?"

"I am here also, yes."

"Rico?"

"Only me!" Curly shrugged, "I'm as confused as you are."

"You will need to give up my brother within the hour. I however can maintain housing Vienna and not be harmed. We share the same name, it was preordained."

"Vienna's first name, Isabel's middle name." Erin provided info toward Curly. "Dan? Dad? I need you both to go outside. Keep everyone away." Dan and Scooby Ben retreated as told and met up with Angela and Dr. Chalker outside. Chalker insisted on going in then blacked out, Dan catching him. They laid him down in the grass as Dan told Angela to stay with him. He then followed a sniffing canine across the street toward Erin's Land Rover, still running out of gas, door open, air and stereo on.

Erin leaving out the way she came in raced around the building to the other side. "The beast came in from this side originally. The manager has to be over here somewhere. I'm confused though, I thought the goat needed a host at all times yet, somehow, he's standing in the ER without one. How is it doing that?" She paused to walk a bit seeing Dan and Scooby Boo out by her vehicle. "Unless... did Vienna just want me out of the way? Agnes did say vengeance earlier. Maybe she wants to kill her killer personally. It makes sense, I would."

Joining Dan, Erin noticed what they had found. Like out front bloody hoof prints led back to a car parked by a meter on the adjacent street. In it lay a human body slumped over in the driver's seat. Moving in they discovered it to be the body of hotel manager Truman Porter. Opening the door Dan felt for a pulse. "He's still beating."

"He will live." They all jumped at the voice of Agnes Bloom standing in the middle of the street. "I trailed him here. I placed sigils on the car to prevent the Baphomet from returning to his original host. You however I allowed entry."

"I wondered where you ran off to. You're awful spry Agnes." Erin winced. "After all of this I'd like to buy you a cup of coffee and chat. If you're up to that. My gut tells me you know more about my life than even I do."

"Genevieve Souillon? Of course! She and I go... waaay back."

"You're that old?"

"Came over on the same sailing vessel back in the day. Nice she was, but all things get convoluted as we age."

"Maybe I can talk you into paying a visit to my home. Talk some sense into her for me."

"She is beyond my help Erin Parrish. Taking lives, defiling anatomy, hatred, misery. Besides, the barriers out there would never allow me access. Surely, Brimley must have told you all of that."

"Hold up! You know Brimley?"

"Of course! I will be attending her funeral. Mayhap we could sit together."

"Works for me. One thing at a time. How is goat boy surviving without a host body?" She leered at the hospital.

"Vengeance dear. Young Vienna is coming into her own. Witches all! Even Isabel. Her time will come for knowledge."

"So Vienna is... somehow holding the beast hostage without a home?"

"Oh, yes! He will be put out to pasture shortly. All I needed to do was bide time and let her define herself. Being dead... she needed to find her way."

"So Isabel is safe with Vienna in her?"

"Yes. Both witches they share a bond."

"Rico and Curly?" Dan and Scooby Boo listened to their talk intently.

"Must part ways I fear. Curtis has been deceased far longer than Vienna, he has... been homeless too long to be rescued, nor does he have any witch DNA within him to sustain. How he bypassed the barriers of Souillon... is indeed a mystery."

"Can I take him home to Souillon?"

"A guess mind you! The way he came, the way he must go."

"Through the TV."

"Yes!"

"But, how can he know where to revisit?"

"He will be called by his brothers. They are all linked as one."

"One? Hive mind?"

"Yes!"

"Interesting! So we just... wait?"

"Daniel?"

"Yeah, Agnes?"

"Please remove Mister Porter here. Taking him to jail will only raise questions. He must be taken elsewhere until he can heal. Mister Porter I suspect will have no memory of this." Arthritic fingers crossed, "The beast led him to be a murderer. While darkness resides, he would have likely not committed the initial crime without the demon. His curiosity released the demon into him in Boston. He simply moved here to sniff out Isabel, before moving on to the next in line."

"More Vienna's?"

"Oh yes! There are many. One of the first born witches was named that. The demon hated her, she imprisoned him in hell. Truman was fortunate... unfortunate, enough to be silly enough to sever mystical bonds. Of that, I would like to learn more."

"Genevieve has a bunch of books in my attic. Witch bound books I presume."

"A mixture. Genevieve comes from two worlds. Her mother a witch of high rank, her father a masterful druid. We will talk more another time. Please divert your attentions." She nods toward the hospital to see a black goat devolved and simply eating grass outside. Angela pointing her gun at it to keep a distance. Dr. Chalker reviving got up and hurried back inside.

"I'll go back in and see what's going on." Erin prompted her allies, "If Goat boy is out here obviously still alive... that must mean Vienna wasn't so vengeful after all."

"Be careful Erin." Dan nodded, "Any idea where I remove Porter too?"

"His soul was stripped away." Agnes added, "Take him somewhere and drop him off. He will be picked up as an amnesiac." Again, fingers crossed, "I have placed a sigil on his brain to prevent any further memory of his past. Perhaps... a sanitarium. Hatchmore is not far away. Simply park him along the curb outside and walk away. Angela can pick you up. They will do the rest."

"I am on duty."

"Yes! Have you been missed Daniel? I do not seem to recall anyone paging you."

"You gave me the day off didn't you Agnes."

"A bit peeked you appear. So very pale." She winked. "I will tell Angela to release the goat in the country. It is no longer a threat, the demon has been purged."

"Crazy how that worked." He turned to Scooby Boo, "Nice working with you Ben. I think I owe you my life." Scooby Boo saluted him then reared up in his boxing pose. "Maybe you should teach Forman how to be a Southpaw." A grin and Dan nudged Porter into the passenger seat and started his car. Driving off he knew exactly where to go. Forty miles away in the town of Hatchmore was a very nice asylum. Just ask... Vivian DeVore. How had Agnes Bloom forgotten that inmate?

Angela spoken to by Agnes did as she recommended and ditched Billy five miles out. The goat ran free and lived out its life, at least for now. She circled back to Hatchmore and hooked up with Dan. With both given the rest of the day off by magical suggestion they got a hotel room and rekindled. Simple hookup! Much needed to unwind. Mostly much needed cuddling!

Erin Parrish found the Montoya siblings in the waiting room. Curly had been released back into the television while Vienna remained with Isabel and Rico. She was trying her best to explain things. Rico was lost and looking uncertain until Erin popped her head in.

"We have ourselves a lot of talking to do ladies. Rico? I think I need to drop you off at the jail, seeing as Angela kind of forgot you."

"That will not be necessary." Agnes just appeared.

"Will you quit sneaking up on me like that?" Even Ben peed on the tile at her sudden appearance. "Rico has 30 days left to serve."

"He does not."

"You magically just waved his time?"

"I have. You may take him home with you. All three of them."

"No key for your cuffs Rico. How did you get cuffed to Izzy there anyway?" Her necklace twinkled sending a tingle that lured Erin to lift her stone. "There's our lockpick. Okay... now unchain them please." Nothing! "Really? A little help Agnes?" Gone! "Christ! Is she Batman or what?" Sighing she waved the kids up. "Let's go home. Izzy here looks perfectly fine now. Uhhh? Might need some clothing though Miss Nakie."