Entity Nest Ep. 020: KETTLE BLACK

Story Info
Family matters take a turn. Brimley and her daughter unite. BOY, DO THEY UNITE!
6.1k words
5
1.9k
3
0
Story does not have any tags

Part 20 of the 29 part series

Updated 03/02/2024
Created 10/29/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SZENSEI
SZENSEI
1,875 Followers

"I will find you very soon. I promise! You have made me very happy this day."

Rico Montoya held his baby momma Portia Javier in his arms. She felt his love even though they really did not know one another. She young and in all reality had only been with Rico once at a party he attended. Once was enough to do two things, make her fall head over heels, and get pregnant. Rico felt that connection too and did find word to her through his sister Isabel before all hell broke loose. Izzy had located her through the host of that party and had him tell her where Rico was, in jail for totaling his car, drunk driving for a second time. Portia was told he would find her in two months once he got out of jail.

Managing to get out early due to witchcraft and obviously some crazy Jedi mind trick he only spent all but thirty days in Belltower lockup. Not looking a gift horse in the mouth, but with everything he had endured in the last two days alone he almost wished he had remained in jail. Now, here he was sigil bonded to his baby sister Isabel, for the moment still learning how to navigate their magic induced prison. Yet in his happiness to be a father, he felt cheated of his own emotions, Isabel was crying for him through his tear ducts, and he was coming across as a bubbling idiot. "Sister please, you are embarrassing me."

"I cannot help it Rico. I am going to be an auntie. Look over at my body, mother is crying harder than I am." Isabel warned him to look over Portia's scalp to see Rosalita Montoya, her spirit inhabiting her daughter's beautiful body reacting to the news with a dancing in step, elderly posing with hands clasped out of prayer and unmitigated joy. A new Montoya would come into this world to fill her children with pride.

"Rico?" Portia couldn't breathe, her face buried into his chest. "Do not suffocate us."

"S-sorry! I am just... " He couldn't resist, for a third time since hearing the good news he picked up tiny Portia and swung her around like a doll. She couldn't stop crying either, happy that he wanted this as much as she did. Now, if only her parents would accept him, they were unaware of her pregnancy at the moment. This whole scenario was going to be hell to pull off. He had no problems talking to them even though they forbid her to see him for being a felon, but the question remained, how? He could continue this dual charade of carrying Izzy with him, but that set of handcuffs remained on his wrist until he returned Izzy's soul to her own body. This was so going to require counselling. Bad enough he and she were forced into an incest situation thanks to the ghost of Vienna Edwards. But to be chained to his sister for God knows how long, was misery. They would figure this out soon enough.

"Can I just run away from home and live with you?" Portia pouted once he sat her back down on her feet.

"No. We must face your parents honestly and convince them I am worthy. I will find work." A glance at Erin Parrish's bestie Kyra Whimsey he sought mental assist. "I was released into the custody of Kyra here and her friend Erin. They have adopted Isabel and I for the next thirty days."

"Longer if you both want to stay, until you get on your feet. There is plenty of work to do at Souillon House. We'll pay you so that you two can prepare for the baby."

"Thank you for helping us." Portia smiled at Kyra. "I just want us to be family." She reached a single hand toward Isabel's body, not knowing of Rosalita within animating her daughter from its zombie like state. Eager to join hands Rosalita hugged them a second time however going in without words. Earlier Rosalita spoke through Izzy's vocal cords, but Rosa's true voice came through. That made for an awkward moment, so Rosa played it off as she had lost her voice yelling. Portia understood and simply wanted Izzy for a new sister as much as Rico to be her man. After another round of bawling, they heard the jingle of the Goodwill store's front door. Her manager Leah stepping out sighed heavily.

"Portia?"

"Yes, Ms. Quire, please forgive my absence. I will return to work now." The lovely Leah Quire shared a hesitant smile, not knowing what exactly was going on.

"Very good! Excuse me but, will you be purchasing the white dress she is wearing?" Rosalita hearing her worry broke away and fluttered Izzy's fingers. Holding her chest, she rejoined Kyra indoors to make it look better in case they thought she was stealing. Leading them back inside Leah apologized for interrupting them. Kyra taking point withheld the baby news to protect Portia in case no one else knew.

"Old friends, sorry! Everyone got excited is all."

"I see. How is it you know, Miss Javier?" Nosey bitch!

"She is my son... " Rosa corrected herself, "...my brother's girlfriend. He has been away."

"Oh?"

"How much for these twelve items?" Kyra broke in patting the four dresses Isabel had picked out, including the one Rosalita was wearing, three pairs of women's jeans, two tops for Izzy, and the rest for Rico which was two more pairs of jeans and a concert t-shirt for the band Slipknot. Kyra chose to restrain herself on any new wardrobe, sacrificing her desires in order to help the kids.

"Let's ring you up and see." Leah smiled. "Passing by? I don't believe I've seen you around town before?"

"I just moved here from Raleigh up North. My best friend and fellow soldier Erin bought a house in the country and asked me to roomie it up. Gets spooky out there by herself."

"Well, welcome to Belltower. I thought perhaps you might be related to the folks who own the diner across the way."

"Why would you think I...?" Kyra realized the connection, being African American. "No, I don't have any relation nearby." Racist bitch! She apologized to herself for calling her that in her mind. Portia was working here, and Latina was a clue that perhaps it was an innocent mistake. Idle curiosity at best. Leah did welcome her warmly.

"Now you I remember." Leah pointed at Izzy's body, "I've seen you in here before. You worked out at the Belltower Inn if I remember correctly. I'm sorry to hear it burnt down." Rosalita reacted with a smile and a pout that the woman cared. Feigning a hoarseness Rosalita spoke, "Thank you."

"Nasty bug?" A wag of her finger Rosalita just pointed at her throat.

"Too much yelling and crying." Kyra added. "She was staying at the hotel and lost everything in the fire, which as you can see is why we stopped by."

"Oh, you poor thing." Leah seemed sincere then paused in her calculations, she had only rung up two pairs of jeans. Separating the men's clothing from the women's, Leah sighed and made a kind gesture. "I'll bite the bullet on these women's clothes. My treat to get you started again." Rosa bulged Isabel's eyes then reached out excitedly to pat Leah's hand. Grateful for her kindness Rosa growled, "God bless you."

"Anything I can do Sweetie, let me know. Wait!" Inspiration struck, "Seeing as you know Miss Javier, how would you like to work here? You obviously need a job and I just had to let a girl go because she had a penchant for shoplifting. I could use a hand." She in turn patted Isabel's knuckles still on her other hand.

Isabel's face went pale and shot a glance at Kyra. Her daughter did need work but as to how to commit to that was a looming challenge. Posing a finger Kyra looked at Leah with a brilliant smile. "She's been through a rough two days. Can she get back to you on your gracious offer?"

"Can I have an answer by Friday?" Leah winced, "I really need the staffing." Rosa nodded and palmed her hands as if praying. Another hoarse, "Thank you so much." She left it at that, Portia and Rico returning from outside helped their stress. "Portia? I just invited your friend here to work with us." Hearing the news Portia jumped up and down and hugged Isabel from behind.

"You must take it. That will help me break the news to my family." Rock and a hard place Rosa looked at Rico for guidance, it was his decision how best to approach this. Within his brain the true Isabel laughed about it.

"Just our luck brother. You can be with Portia more if you switch this up and be in my body with me. Can you handle having big tits?"

"Do not remind me. I don't even know if we can combine souls inside your body yet Izzy. I mean, you are correct I can spend more time with Portia, but what of my body?"

"Mother can use yours like she's doing mine." She spoke with sincerity, "She might have to get used to peeing standing up though."

"This is so weird." He groaned, "You should take the job sister. We need the money." Kyra slapped her forehead at the whole dilemma. She understood his desire to be near Portia but come on, it can't get any crazier. Well, it could, would, but you get the idea. He said, she said! Rosa once again locked eyes with Kyra for a deciding factor. A shrug later, Rosa turned to Leah and gave her a thumbs up.

"Wonderful! I'll start you on Friday if that's enough time to rest up. I suppose I should learn your name."

"Isabel Montoya." Rosa offered a raspy voice and coughed to cover it up. Portia could not stop hugging Izzy, when she did, she pulled Izzy's skirt down, her butt cheeks were showing. Rosa was quite red in the face over it. The real Izzy was dying with laughter. Rico needed aspirin!

"Welcome to your new life Isabel. You know what? Just take the men's clothing too. I have so much clothing in back I'll still come out a wealthy woman."

"You are a gem, Leah." Kyra smiled, not having to spend Erin's cash. Now it could be used for gas money to get Isabel to and from work. Wonderful! Maybe once Erin took the cop job, she could just bring one or the other to town with her each day. It could work. If not, life goes on. Just ask the ghosts who made death look good. "Now it's my turn to find a job."

"I wish I had another opening."

"That's fine. My credentials should land me a better paying job. No offense! Military resume!"

"I see. None taken." Leah bagged things up for them and passed them to Rico. Noticing his hand cuff Leah cocked a brow. "Interesting cuff link."

"I just got out of jail."

"Eerie Barker insisted he wear it for another thirty days like a scared straight tactic." Kyra chimed in. "As a matter of fact, while not this very minute, Isabel here wears a cuff just like his out of support to keep her brother on the straight and narrow." Saved by the Belle! Rico and Izzy had not thought of that.

"Yes!" Rico smiled, "A constant reminder. I will never drink again."

"I love the support system."

"I want a pair of cuffs." Portia pouted. "Can mine be fuzzy?"

They left it at that.

********

"Awooo! The Werewolves of London!" Erin Parrish was feeling incredible after her sexual run in with the town florist Ian Flynn. So much so that it brought on singing a song her dad Benjamin used to sing along to back when she was a child. The late great Warren Zevon was onto something when he wrote that tune way back when. Even Erin's sidekick the very deceased Brimley Stone inhabiting her dog Cotton sat there and howled along with her friend. Even with all the troubles Brimley herself was facing it was almost like a girl's day out together. She needed the fresh air coming in. Cotton definitely loved the breeze hanging out the window as if yelling at the world. "You go, Brimley!" It was comical seeing Brimley so excited and sharing it through her poodle.

"I fucked a werewolf and lived to brag about it." Erin chuckled. "God, I hope that wasn't a mistake. I mean, he took an awful big risk telling me. I don't think his sister was so happy about it but hey, what's dumb is dumb on my part. So, that's two notches on my belt, ghosts and werewolves. Kyra had a voodoo love affair. I know a coven over in Melas, and I've battled a demon. Take that Dean Winchester." She laughed. "I can't believe how calm I am living through all of this."

She hesitates at a stop sign and lifts her necklace before her eyes. "Gemma? Do I owe all of this to you? I mean, I don't think I could have handled all of this insanity without you comforting me. Saving me even! Helping Rico and Izzy find a way around their curse. I wish... I wish there was a way you and I could sit down and have a talk. Can you talk?" Nothing, not even a flicker of blue light in the gemstone. Sighing she lowered her necklace and continued on until reaching Brimley's house.

"Uh oh! Car parked out front Brimley. Do I do a drive by in case that's your daughter?" A yip from Cotton the dog moved from the window to lean it's paws up on the dash to look ahead. If it was her daughter, she had purchased a new car, was her only thoughts. Stunned, she shot a glance left at her chauffeur Erin. "You tell me. There is one way around this drugging Cotton and you rolling over to play dead. If your daughter asks to keep you... just growl and snap at her and run to me. If you do that enough times, she will get the hint." That was true, Cotton even tilted his head from side to side like Brimley would. "Stop or go on by?"

A whine Cotton shook his head up and down. "Bark once if that meant stop." Yip! "Okay! I don't recall your daughter's name, so I'll play dumb in introducing myself. I'll just let her know I was the last person to see you alive." A sneeze Brimley agreed. Pulling up next to the curb Erin shut off her engine. "Are you staying here or going up with me?" Cotton crawled into Erin's lap and licked her chin. "I take that as a yes. Let's just see what happens. I do have an idea though, but it defeats the whole growling biting thing. You could try making peace and somehow reconnect with your daughter." Erin repositions Cotton in order to reach for the passenger side floorboard for one of the red roses Ian had given her. Trying to be careful she broke away the thorns but ended up poking herself on her middle finger. "Crap! Red rose just got redder." Looking about for a tissue Cotton instinctively licked her wound. "Well now! Thank you, Dr. Stone. I guess a cotton ball would be used to dab the blood."

Opening her door Erin sat Cotton on the ground then placed the stem of the rose between the poodle's teeth. "There! You can make a peace offering to say you love her. We can resolve all of this peacefully. I'm right behind you." A motioned wave to go on Brimley took off walking up the sidewalk to her home's front porch. With the inside door open the dog reared up on his hind legs and rattled the screen door. Hearing the noise, a woman in her forty's stepped into the doorway, her face filled with tears and emotion.

"Oh, my God! Cotton?" The woman held a hand to her chest then noticed Erin walking up and tried to compose herself. A friendly wave on Erin's part the woman with short brown hair opened the screen door. Cotton immediately backed away and sat on the porch. "Hello!" She greeted Erin but fanned her features. "Forgive my emotions it's been a long day. I'm Janice Stone, but please call me Jana."

"I totally understand. Hi, Jana, I'm Erin Parrish. I knew your mother Brimley, she read my future the night she passed away. From what I gather I was the last person she spoke to. I'm very sorry for your loss."

"Thank you. Cotton has a rose in his mouth."

"He insisted on making a good impression."

"I... how did you train him to do that? He was always boring and quiet."

"Oh! I think your mother taught him a few things is all. He's been wonderful and a great companion. I just moved here from North Carolina I bought the old Souillon place fifteen miles out."

"I see. I've heard creepy things about that place. Please, do come in." She invited Erin, Cotton going inside first and jumping up on Jana's calf to pass off the rose. "Thank you, Kind Sir." She accepted the rose and sniffed it. "I'll just find a glass to put this in water. Have a seat I'll be just a moment."

"Take your time." Erin stepped in as Jana walked to the kitchen. As soon as she did and water was heard Erin looked at Cotton, "She seems really nice. Ever think she's changed?" Cotton nodded and bolted to Brimley's old recliner hopping upon it to sit. It was still comfortable. Erin took a seat on the sofa and primped at her skirt, keeping her knees close together to avoid any revelations. From what Brimley had said Jana was a lesbian so she didn't want to give off any signs she might be flirting. She didn't need any more headaches.

Returning from the kitchen bearing a drinking glass and water, Jana sat the rose on the coffee table. Adjusting her own skirt Jana sat across from Erin. "He looks cozy. Mom's favorite chair. So, Erin? Bless you for taking Cotton after mom died. I'm so not a dog person unfortunately. Although, for him, I suppose I'd give it a shot. Cotton?" She smiled brightly still a tad emotional, "How would you feel if I moved back in here and brought you home?"

"You're moving back to Belltower?"

"Yes. I have nothing. Like you, I was going to school in North Carolina. I have my master's degree now so I can pretty much do anything I want. My major was Law, but I've learned being a lawyer sucks. My minor was in Mental Health therapy, so I've considered applying over at Hatchmoore Sanitarium. I read that they're looking for a Counsellor. I like helping people."

"That's a very noble trait. I just got hired here in town as a police officer. Military background. Tours in the desert and routine camel feeder." She grinned. "What say you, Cotton? Would it be okay if Jana moved back?" Jana glanced back and forth, "You could stay here with her and keep her company. Or and this is just an optional offer, we could share custody of the critter, I've gotten quite attached to having him around."

"You would really consider that?" Jana seemed shocked. "I would have to ask my dad."

"Dad?" Erin faltered, "Of course, there's a dad." Cotton immediately left the recliner and hopped up next to Erin as if for protection. A door to the back of the house opened and closed. "There he is now. We've just recently been in touch. I barely knew him but now that mom is gone, he's stepped up. It's odd but kind of nice." She whispered that last part. "Dad?"

"On my way." A male voice heard first, in stepped a well-dressed man with a walking cane. "Who have we here?" He seemed nice enough.

"He was smoking out back. I detest smoking but how could I possibly tell him no when he paid the rest of the mortgage on this place off for me."

"That was very nice of you... Mister Stone?"

"Yes! Call me Max." He stepped close to Erin as if in hopes to shake her hand then noticed her necklace glowing. Withdrawing his hand, he heard Cotton growl so resisted as an excuse. He was more concerned over the necklace. "He doesn't know me. Brimley adopted him after I had divorced her. We won't go down that dirt road." He sighed and stepped back. "After I got word Brimley passed, I figured I should man up and get to know my daughter here." Still glowing he winced at the tiny stone around Erin's neck. "That's an interesting trinket you have there."

"Isn't it?" Erin sat back confident that Gemma had her back if this man was any threat. "Brimley mentioned you that day she gave me my psychic reading." She smiled at Jana, "We talked about my dad which led to your dad." Not true, but Erin had to think fast on her feet. "I believe she said you lived in Melas."

"Yep! All my life up until Brim and I met. She came over there for a festival one year and we hit it off."

"Obviously, not well enough to divorce her while carrying me." Jana grimaced, "Sorry Max... Dad. I'm trying just like you are, but I can't just overlook that fact even if you did take good care of me financially."

"Understood! I really don't think our young friend here wants any drama." Nor did Brimley now that she was aware that her ex-husband was a warlock. Bloodline now carried down to his daughter concerning witchcraft.

"So, Max what do you do for a living?"

SZENSEI
SZENSEI
1,875 Followers
12