Environmental Hazards Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I said "It gives us probable cause to get State and Federal warrants to test the photography chemicals site. And when those positive results show up, it gives us probable cause to completely re-test the Pine Valley development site. And if those tests show any conflict with the results from Forbes Environmental National Laboratories, we not only can bring the hammer down on them and Forbes & Sehgal Engineering, but we'll have motive for the murder of Jimmy Shell. And maybe, just maybe, we can nail his killer to the table at Jacksonville."

"What did the interrogations give us?" asked Jack Muscone.

"Surprisingly," I said, "the perps did not take the Fifth. They are all willing to talk... in exchange for immunity, of course. But there's a caveat: they want immunity for all eight of them, not just one."

"That's easy enough to break." said Muscone. "Tell them one person gets the deal and the rest to to prison. Let them compete to be the first."

"They are strangely cohesive about that." said Cindy. "It's almost as if they share the same... Roots." Jack Muscone's eyes widened as understanding hit him like a slap in the face.

"So what do we do?" asked Chief Soltis.

"Let them rot in prison." I said. "We do not need them."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"So, want to go home?" I asked Cindy. "Not much else we can do down here."

"Sure." said Cindy. "I'll drive."

"Hoo boy." I said, which got me a punch on the shoulder.

We made record time, one hour and fifteen minutes for what should've taken over 100 minutes at legal speeds. Deputy Strait of Coltrane County knew the Black Beauty, and did not chase us through his dominion when he spotted us.

We stopped by Police Headquarters... right into chaos.

"Glad you've returned, Mister and Miss Crowbars." said Chief Moynahan. "We've had a bit of excitement overnight. A small company jet was on approach to County Airport from the west when it went down short of the runway at about 10:00pm last night. The pilot and sole passenger on the plane were killed. Fortunately, no one on the ground was hit nor hurt, as the land is not occupied."

"That's unfortunate, sir." Cindy said. "But why all the activity and agitation? Someone we know?"

"Oh, shit..." I muttered.

"I bee-lieeeve the Iron Crowbar can guess the name on the first try." said the Chief, seeing the look on my face.

"I hope I'm wrong." I said. "But my first guess is Fred Steinhart of Forbes & Sehgal Engineering."

"And that, Miss Ross," said the Chief, "is why this man is already a legend..."

To be continued.