Everyday Life with Bubbles Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The knight barely grunted, and didn't even have the decency to get knocked off her feet. She stood there impassively with the catgirl chewing on her, as if it wasn't even an inconvenience.

"It may be true. I attacked several Coiners, whilst I was retrieving the information that they had gathered for me. Most assumed that I was part of the attack by the humans." Avician shrugged. "I attempted to give fair warning. Few can survive a paladin's attack, even whilst it is held back. Our training was formulated by Lord Sai, and based on the methods used to teach the lord, across his lifetime. Orcish brutalism, human ingenuity, and the Traitor Emperor's ruthlessness, combined."

Bubbles bit the woman harder, tasting the blood running from their shoulder. They failed to react.

"Well, paladin." Erientyara growled, "I will be taking responsibility for our neko. You are neither wanted, nor needed. Bubbles, we can go, now."

The neko set her feet onto the ground, and reluctantly pulled claws and teeth out of the bunny, before spinning on her heel with a snarl and flick of her tail. She stomped next to the dragon, "She found the others?"

"Other side of the city." The dragon pulled up Bubbles' hood. "Stay close. No one is going to fuck with me."

As they walked through the hole that Bubbles had made, she heard a gentle and regretful whisper, "Your grace."

---

Sana, Kaia and Inny-Inny were waiting for them in a dark corner of a tavern. Seedy and familiar, with sticky floors and uninterested staff. The kind of place where everyone had either marked their skin or wore some kind of jewellery, designating an allegiance to Fanhalla's underbelly and its various leaders.

"Inny." Bubbles glared at the ratboy as she sat down.

He squeaked and vanished.

Erientyara sighed, "He saw the guards, and freaked out. He's still a ratata, kitten. He was the one who found me."

"The Erin saw her fireball." Bubbles said glumly, "So that's that. How did others go?"

"Sana bribed guard with gold things she stole from kitsune." Her sistren shrugged sheepishly, glancing nervously towards the salamander.

Kaia shrugged, "I... Was hungry. Sorry, kitten. It distracted me, and I got caught up in the guard's barracks. I hadn't noticed what happened until Inny-Inny found me. Sorry."

"Kaia allowed to fuck." Bubbles gave a small smile and shrug, before her face fell. "No one saying anything. So... Why can't she feel Nina, nearby? Why her thief feel... Hollow?"

Sana's golden eyes welled up with tears and she stared into her mug. She shook her head, unable to speak.

"Ninaein's sick." Kaia whispered.

Bubbles' bottom lip trembled, "B-b-but Erin took out evil thing! Because we kept moving!?"

"Worse." The red salamander put her arms around the neko, and drew her into a rough and scratching hug. "Her head wound. She was probably sick before you were reunited. I wish that I could tell you it would all be fine, but I'm afraid-"

"L-luna?" Bubbles burst into tears, praying fervently, "Help her. Please."

There was no response.

The group was silent. The salamander holding her sympathetically, whilst the other neko cried into her mug. Kaia refused to look in her direction, and was subconsciously touching the scar across her chest. Her black tail was fallen flat to the ground, their bond transmitting unwarranted guilt.

Bubbles turned her face into the dragon's chest, and wept. She cried until she couldn't cry anymore. Until the invisible fur on her face was soaked in snot, and the cavern between Erientyara's breasts was nothing more than a gooey mass.

"She wants to see her." She whispered.

---

Ninaein was with the only people who stood a chance at helping her.

The Coiner was in a secret room of Fanhalla's temple, with two healers by her side. One was feeding their magic into the other, and both looked utterly exhausted. The elves seemed about ready to drop as Bubbles approached her wife.

The messy hair had been gently pulled aside to show where Sharhalla had attempted to fuse her skull back together. A small tinge of green was running along two or three of the spiderwebbing cracks.

The sleeping neko was barely breathing. Chest lifting and falling raggedly. Her eyes weren't exactly closed, but seemed to be fluttering fitfully. Her hands were unmoving, but the claws were out for just one of them, and her tail hung lifelessly off the side of the bed.

More than a dozen small knives, razor blades and assorted throwing blades were piled on the bedside table. Bubbles tried to smile at that, but it just didn't happen. She knelt beside her wife, taking her hand and pressing her forehead into it. "Follow the fucking bunny. World be safe. Bitching goddess. What point of safe, if no one else is?"

The priestess who had let her into the room took a nervous step backwards, and spoke quietly, "I understand that she's your wife?"

Bubbles nodded tiredly, "Her Nina. Always... Jealous. Nina always threatens to hurt the ones who talks to Bubbles. Always tries to own her, all for herself. Didn't matter that she met Kaia first. Nin... Nina... Always just..."

She trailed off as her throat closed, and another tear slipped down her cheek.

Something deep inside the neko's chest cracked, and she felt an unholy anger flood through her entire body. She felt it burning through every nerve, making her hair stand on end. Her hand, holding Ninaein's started trembling, as strange memories flashed across her mind.

Memories of one of her ancestors, experiencing the death of their husband. Hatred taking root in their heart, twisting and thrusting into their nervous system. Sucking the light and colour out of the world as shadow overcame them.

Muscles ripped and twisted. Bones snapped and popped.

Teeth and eyes grew from places that they had no right to. Bubbles remembered the corruption of dark magic all but overwhelming her. A sliver of light and hope in the shape of the ancestor's daughter was all that brought them back from that edge, and away from losing themselves in Eluthei's magic.

Bubbles could feel the seed of that same corruption sitting heavily in her chest. All it would take is surrender, and she would know it. The promise of a magic that would let her overwhelm those who had dared to hurt her wife. The power to kill every last fucking human in the entire city was just a breath away.

The bastards could fight back, but they wouldn't be able to stop her.

It would take a hero of insane skill to match her, if she just... Gave in. Sacrificed herself to the glory of Eluthei and the nightmare. She would give her soul, and the goddess would take care of the rest.

A shockingly bright light flared across the room, and Bubbles cried out in pain as it burned away the seed in her chest. She bit her lip and fell twitching to the floor as all her strength evaporated.

Spots danced in her eyes as the light faded, and she saw the cause of her pain standing by the hidden doorway, a hand uplifted as the glow began to fade from her pink eyes.

Bubbles slumped, muscles completely giving out, and eyes falling shut.

---

Avician looked down at both unconscious nekos, self-consciously checking her sword was still by her side. She had spent her entire life with the knowledge that her path was clear.

Raised by the temple, the buneko had demonstrated an aptitude for battle that had her selected for the holy knights long before she actually qualified. Despite her short-sightedness, she had always known that she would be a soldier, a warrior destined to serve the gods.

The day she had been inducted as an apprentice, she had immediately known that she was doing the right thing. Nothing had felt more right to her. She had known that she was where she was meant to be.

That night, she had dreamt of a white snake swallowing the moon. In the morning she had dedicated herself to Luna, above all others. The temple had embraced her choice, and she was given to a holy knight of the Silver Neko's, to continue her training.

She had served beneath the goddess for sixteen years, never hesitating, never questioning want her destiny and role was.

Every time she had come across corruption of the betrayer gods, she had wiped it out. She was the avenging hand of the goddess. Empress Twenty Four may have served one of those evil gods, but Avician never had reason to believe that they were anything but a stain upon the world.

The buneko could even make the rare claim that she had faced a dark god in battle. A small and suicidally devout cult had managed to summon one before Avician and her unit had been able to stop them.

It was in that battle that she became the First.

All of the others, bar one, had been slain before they managed to break the ritual and banish the horrifying creature. It had awed Avician to learn that the Empress had killed one in single combat. A piece of legend, created in the wrath of a mother's vengeance.

Yet, gazing now at another catgirl, who showed the slightest chance of following that path... Avician hesitated. She could not bring herself to draw her blade. Could not force herself to bring harm to this tainted creature.

She had banished the darkness, before it could overwhelm the neko. Yet... Avician had never shown mercy. Not once, in her entire life. She had always removed the risk that the darkling might find a way back to that unholy hatred, and back into the arms of sin.

The other woman also brought confusion to the buneko. She knew them, as she knew all who fell before her. Yet where usually there was little more than a taste of bitter guilt, justified, there was now a blinding rage of self-hatred.

She knew this figure was nothing but a thief. An immoral predator who preyed upon society, taking what they had no right to possess. A Coiner was no mere pickpocket. They were not merely one who had been forced to turn to crime to subsist.

They were lawless creatures, who walked a path that could not be allowed to carve it's way through the living. An influence of careless sin, that ignored all reasoning that underpinned ordered civilisation.

Yet, by her own hand of unforgiving justice, Avician had driven one who was royal born into the arms of the most foul of magics.

She was... Shaken.

The very same one that she had been sent to save from a horrifying injustice, the genocide of those who were self-serving and corrupt, had nearly been lost because Avician acted as she always had.

The buneko released the hilt of her sword.

She spread her hands, and felt the magic light up her whole being. Her pink eyes glowed as she entered into the state of worship to her goddess. She rededicated herself to the Silver Neko, as she had so many times before.

A white aura began to emit from her dark skin, as the hair on her arms and legs stood on end. Her fur, on her ears, tail, and more private places, prickled in the glow. She felt herself slowly lifting from the floor.

The two temple acolytes scrambled backwards, looking terrified as they beheld the touch of the goddess. The power of one raised in total service to the gods. Someone whose soul, and not just their life, was given entirely to one single purpose.

"In the light of the moon, by the guiding destiny of the stars above, embrace now your servant." Avician spoke, her words no longer ritual or command, but humble appeal.

"Give back, what has been taken."

"Grant mercy, where there has been none."

"Shine your light upon these who have been forgotten."

An angry hand seized Avician by the throat, silver eyes looking into hers, "Forgotten? Bitch, she's mine."

The paladin fell to the ground in astonishment, and then dropped forward onto hands and knees. Vomiting as she felt something not drain her magic, but rip every trace out of her body in a singular brutal movement.

The buneko swayed unsteadily, looking up through tired and blurry eyes. She saw the neko who called herself Bubbles curl up quietly, letting out a calm and satisfied sigh.

Avician fell sideways.

---

Bubbles face split into a huge grin as she saw the woman on the floor starting to stir. She would have done something like clean their face, or put them on the bed, except Ninaein had pulled her into her lap, and the Coiner was glaring and tossing a knife in hand.

It had taken more than a few words to convince her wife not to kill the woman, who she absolutely remembered. That the buneko wanted to be a bodyguard had not exactly been received well, either.

However, after a few growls, snarls and pointing out that Ninaein owed the knight her life, the Coiner had relented. Sort of. She still seemed to be thinking about killing them.

"No hurt her." She glared, pushing her forehead into the side of her wife's head.

Ninaein shrugged, "Yet."

"Nina!"

"Yet." The thief repeated more firmly.

The buneko rolled over wiping uncomfortably at the grossness on her face, before pausing and peering blearily at her fingers, "Oh. Ew."

"She's awake." Bubbles beamed, squeezing Ninaein to remind the neko that she still loved them. "You healed her Nina!"

"And you." The woman dragged herself into a sitting position, before pulling a small silk cloth out of a pocket and wiping at her face.

Bubbles blinked, "She was sick?"

"Worse. Corrupt." The bunny's ears twitched, and she winced, "Don't... Tell anyone that. Corruption is usually met with... Overwhelming force."

Ninaein sneered, "Corruption? Bubbles? Are you fucking kidding her? Bubbles can barely feed herself. She's not exactly the world's biggest storm cloud. She's not a serial killer or some shit."

"You were dying. It upset her." The buneko replied tiredly and tossed the handkerchief into a bin without looking.

Bubbles poked Ninaein's cheek, "Stop looking for an excuse to hurt her. The bunny healed them both. And Luna said to follow the bunny. And the bunny helped her get out of prison."

"If you sleep with her, I'm leaving you." Ninaein snarled.

"I am a virgin, dedicated to the goddess, Luna." The buneko replied, leaning forward and crossing their legs, "I have no interest in changing this. My interest in her grace is... Was... Purely to do with her birth, and the temple's request. Now... Now, I don't know. Not after what I witnessed. But I am not inclined sexually. To anyone."

Ninaein laughed bitterly, "That's what they all say."

"Leave her be." Bubbles rolled her eyes, "Not like we've managed to play matchmaker for Sana yet, is it? She only slept with Kaia because succugirl was crazy depressed and Bubbles was with Nina."

The thief shrugged, and as she did, Bubbles' jaw dropped open. Her hand hit Ninaein's cheek, lightly and carefully, but it was still technically a slap. Meanwhile the holy knight looked lazily at the razor blade that she'd caught. "Cheap material. Barely sharp. Beginning to show signs of rust. You should take better care of your blades."

"Where the fuck is the necklace that I gave Bubbles?" Ninaein snapped.

The buneko sighed, "All her belongings are still in the city prison. I haven't exactly had a chance to retrieve them, yet. I have been following her grace, since she reunited with Eri'en'tyara. Once I can ensure her grace's safety, I will collect the items. Including the firestone necklace."

"Two stalkers." Bubbles glanced from one to the other, "They both follow Bubbles everywhere... Well... She doesn't really mind, so much, this time... You healed her Nina!"

"The goddess healed you. I was merely a vessel." The holy knight disagreed, "Which... I believe you. That the goddess has chosen you. That was not an experience I am interested in repeating."

Bubbles stuck out her bottom lip, "Luna always fucks her. It isn't fair. She drives Bubbles up the fucking wall, and makes her horny as she can be, and then she fucks her! Not like Bubbles can say no. She doesn't wanna cheat on her wives."

"You fucked her, again?" Ninaein glared.

The neko gave a tiny shrug, "... Yes?"

"Fuck's sake." The thief growled through gritted teeth. "Let her guess. You've also bedded the fucking dragon, and even the rat, in the time she's been out of things!"

"No! Bubbles got shot with fucking arrows whilst Ninaein was out of things!" She yelled in irritation, "Stupid bunny the only reason she not have scars!"

Ninaein winced, "Damn it. She supposes it might be useful to actually have a decent healer around... Considering Erin is such a huge bitch."

"She doctor. Not healer." Bubbles tapped her wife on the nose, "Also... Did she mention fucking Luna said follow the fucking bunny!? She's one of us, now. Deal!"

"Whatever." Ninaein rolled her eyes.

"You mentioned that the goddess also said something about the city being a safe haven for all exotics by sundown?" The buneko asked curiously. "Any ideas how this will be accomplished, your grace? We are but a handful hours from that moment."

Bubbles shook her head, "Uhm... No idea. She said everything already in motion? To be honest... Bubbles was kinda horny and angry and the two of them had a screaming match."

"You hate fucked Luna." Ninaein said accusingly.

"... Yes?"

The Coiner sighed heavily, "Gross. Well, she has no idea how Fanhalla could be conquered. But if we're supposed to be doing something... Ninaein wouldn't try and attack the city. She'd steal it. And she thinks that might be... Fun, to try. Where are the others?"

"Bubbles not like." The neko grimaced.

The holy knight stood up and stretched, "A chance to pit myself against Eri'en'tyara once more? That does raise my interest, slightly. Even if I greatly dislike the idea of framing this as a crime, your grace."

Ninaein smirked, "Are you trying to encourage her?"

---

"Bubbles thinks this is stupid." The neko repeated.

Ninaein kissed the back of her hand, their fingers intertwined. "She knows. Just try and play along, and not be your usual self, okay? We don't need everyone knowing what we're doing, kitty."

"Why kitty?" She snapped. "What happened to kitten?"

"Heard the Erin call you that." Ninaein said sourly.

Sana pulled at her outfit, walking behind them, "Agree with her sister. This is such a dumb idea."

The three arrived outside the main gate to the palace, and a guard drew his sword as he stepped towards them with a confused expression on his face. "Are the cats here to surrender?"

"No, silly." Ninaein smiled sweetly, and curtsied, "The king is paying good gold to play with his kittens. There's a little silver in it, if the cutie doesn't remember that."

The guard hesitated, and then slowly sheathed his sword, "Riiight. Whores."

Bubbles barely resisted facepalming as the man signalled for the gate to be raised.

How in the fuck had that actually worked?

12