All Comments on 'Exit Strategy'

by WAndersonHatfield

Sort by:
  • 135 Comments (Page 2)
Schwanze1Schwanze1about 5 years ago
Just read

"Some words from MollydaKat" on your page. Thank you. I favorited your page so I can read all your favorites since I feel the same way. LW should be two categories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Wow

wish I would have handled my divorce that way because it really would have pissed the bitch off. I rarely rate 5. This was close but I wanted to know more about the courtship and marriage. You do earn a 4.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
F B Slut

what a fucking whore, she can date and cheat on his husband for a wimp, but man can't. If I was his husband, I would make her life misserable. If they can't live together, they had chance to talk and resolve their problems. But instead cheating? I am not married yet. But before it I will discuss with her the consequences of chaeting and before chaeting she is free to go from my life and she will never have a dime from me.

clarkgarbleclarkgarbleabout 5 years ago
good story!

I don't buy the criticism that the dialogue was mechanical or flat. The central premise of the story was that our hero took it all in stride, was well aware of his wife's infidelity and was perfectly happy go see her go. wasn't going to give her the satisfaction of seeing him devastated, and anyway. he wasnt. Really bothered her too.

It did not need a rewrite. I'd rather you spend your time writing us a new one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Well

Well,what happened to Cindy.Without this info the story as no ending.?

kmreaderkmreaderabout 5 years ago
Almost a complete story

Too many hangers. Even though he thinks the ex will never admit she was wrong she already did to an extent. So now reader is left wondering if the ex had a change of heart, and if so, how did main character react? If not, then the ending could be considered concise, but too many possibilities for the reader even to begin to draw their own opinion as is.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Hahaha...

It was so badly written that now you have to explain it! lol

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyabout 5 years ago
Good first write

Keep the effort up

greenman440greenman440about 5 years ago
Guess it's a nice fantasy

to think you'd be so cool and detached if your relationship breaks down. But really if you were, then it just means you had never fully invested yourself into it anyway.

Real life doesn't work this way for the vast majority of people.

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 5 years ago
Very well done.

The story was clever enough for another chapter but this relationship was truly over. *****

ibbunkibbunkover 4 years ago

I'll give it a 4 star for plot, but a 1star for action, or lack thereof. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
5 Stars

I Wish I could have been that cool when My Ex Left Me Years ago.. In My Opinion He is One Smart guy ..

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 4 years ago

Eh. It’s okay. No emotion at all detracts from the enjoyment. Also, he’s so meticulous, I’m wondering why he didn’t ask for her rings before she left.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Reading again, still one of the best debut stories I've seen in LW.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
26thnc covered most. Humorous also funny and laughing. Is that repetitive enough

Good

jtwheels

lukeshortlukeshortover 3 years ago
Good Story

Light hearted approach to a sad situation. 5*

numbnutz49numbnutz49about 3 years ago

I love tongue in cheek stories. Glad it didn't include two pages of sex!

dark2donut2dark2donut2almost 3 years ago

Pathetic drivel. Blah-blah-blah "I am so smart" blah-blah-blah ... no story, no plot nothing.

hicountryriderhicountryriderover 2 years ago

Hilarious!

You have a wonderful way of turning afraid😊

For 1st effort this is really a great job please keep at it😉👍

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 2 years ago
Makes no sense!

“My deep love instantly turned to indifference.” Whenever I read an author make statements like that, about how his love for this woman instantly vanishes, I realize that his love is as deep as a puddle. And then I realize that the author is just spewing words, and has no idea about how people really work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Refreshingly direct.

LWlurker

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

This man has an excellent outlook on life. Accept the things you can’t change and drive on.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

This guy has a great attitude. Accept the things that you cannot change, and then drive on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Author tried to be too clever and accomplished zero. Wish I could have rated it a zero.

Thankfully he quit after a few stories, all over-rated.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Humor is good but one star off for him giving her a possibility of reconciliation

iammweaseliammweaselalmost 2 years ago

Enjoyable. And I DO love that he gave her a slim chance at reconciliation, even though there was no way he would do it, and he knew she couldnt bring herself to claim she made a boo boo.

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 1 year ago
Me powerful MAN!

I will SPEAK, monologuing endlessly, while you, the STUPID woman I married, sit and mumble single words at odd intervals!

I am so much smarter than you are, you can’t come up with a single cogent thought to refute my magnificent intellect. I WIN in my story, and I won’t have to think about my own, ineffectual life.

Can a few of you chucklehead, would-be “authors” try some other plot devices other than “We need to talk. I am going to go fuck a bunch of other guys, and you’re going to put up with it.”?

If this has EVER happened in the history of humankind, it would be more rare than winning a billion dollars in some Super Lottery. Only the he-man woman-haters and other trolls love this endless repetition of exhausted and mined-out tropes.

You read a few of the nearly indistinguishable examples of the “wife who has spent the last ten to thirty years married to a guy, who is apparently a stranger to her” stories. You must have little experience with women, or you just haven’t paid any attention. Repeat, NO ONE DOES THIS! So you decide, “I’m gonna write a story, too! I guess I’ll write one exactly like all of these others, as they seem to be popular, and I’ve always wanted to be popular as well!”

Why not try writing about a real relationship? With real characters? Go on, try…

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
“My love turned to indifference in an instant.”

Wow, your protagonist’s love is as deep as the sweat on his brow. So, why would any woman want to be with such a heartless, broken man?

The main character sounds like a sociopath. No deep emotions (other than Anger, and his big brother, Rage), no real concern for others. He could be president!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yes, a wall to protect your heart can appear in an instant. Once bitten twice shy. Love isn't some magical thing. It only happens when you allow it. Human intellect can override just about any emotion. This guy is not shallow, he's pragmatic.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

I do enjoy this story. Every man who has been blindsided wishes they'd been in control of things like this. He's not taking her back.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The guy is a Vulcan!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

He is one totally emotionally insulated man.

Cindy, despite herself, was lucky to get out; she's just too dumb to appreciate not living her life with a man that not only didn't love her. He's incapable of loving anyone.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Wow, seems like quite a few of the commenters live in a world of rainbows and unicorns.

RuttweilerRuttweiler8 months ago
I decided to take another look at this.

I think the basic problem with the story is that the author has read so many Loving Wives stories that he has internalized the phrase, “Honey, we need to talk.” He has now defined it to mean, “Honey, I’m going to go fuck another guy.” The author sees the phrase as code.

That’s not what it means anywhere but here. In the rest of the world, “Honey, we need to talk“ means exactly that. It means my wife has something she believes is important to tell hubby. LW has so many copycat stories that authors expect five stars for just getting all of the usual and expected events in order. And, as long as you ruin a woman’s life, you get a participation trophy.

The fact that the author short-circuited the entire process of finding out what she means is a big clue that this is just a rehash of already existing LW tropes.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I can understand the idea behind this story pretty well. I have what I am told is emotional detachment issues. I have never really understood the whole feeling of devastation that people feel during a break up. Don't get me wrong I do feel sad about things at times but I learned a long time ago that I can in no way control how someone else feels. I just don't feel the need to worry about things that I can't change. That being said I really enjoyed the story.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous