All Comments on 'Fair-Weather Friends'

by radk

Sort by:
  • 354 Comments (Page 4)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Read this story several times. It’s realy good.

Cito22Cito22about 1 year ago

very good and well written story

WetheNorthWetheNorthabout 1 year ago

"What she did doesn't matter, she's your mother."

Where do writers get this BS from

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 1 year ago

A thought or two, provoked by the story. (1) The wronged spouse was not presented as being in any way at fault for the affair. That and a lot else was deliberately left blank by the author.

Forgiveness cannot be demanded or commanded, except by God. You can't exactly "earn" it either. Bringing someone who's been wronged down to the culprit's level, as so often happens in other LW stories, isn't a good solution; that just makes everyone equally wretched. So what about forgiveness, as it might have been in this story?

It has to voluntarily offered by the one who's hurt, who's wronged. That's not easy. It means forgoing revenge on the one forgiven. In this story the wronged spouse struggled to get by his hurt and sense of offense. Time ran out before he could open communications again. That might happen, but was it his fault, or just a cruel fate? His friends and two of his three children condemning him was something which could happen in a real-life situation. That wasn't his fault either. Acknowledgement of fault, contrition appropriate to the depth of the hurt, and living out a changed life don't "earn" forgiveness, but might make it easier. Soap box put away. Good LW stories are good character studies in the face of extreme stress, after all the mysteries are uncovered. I think that's what makes them most interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The cheater’s why?………….very simple……..because they want to fuck some strange. R.H.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Any man who’d tell his children that they’re dead to him isn’t worth thinking about let alone reading about.

NitpicNitpicabout 1 year ago
Why

Why didn't he get revenge on his wife's lover,once he knew who he was.?

TangomoreTangomoreabout 1 year ago

One of the best stories I've read here on Lit!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Marc is an ass who absolutely killed his wife. He is yet another typical LW husband : rigid, moralistic, self-pitying, uncommunicative, emotionally immature and unavailable. What his wife did was absolutely wrong, and maybe they should have ended up divorced. But when you have been married that long, you owe it to your spouse to communicate, to understand, and yes, even forgive. Forgiveness does NOT mean acceptance, it does NOT mean forgetting, and it does NOT mean trusting the cheater ever again. But “forsaking all others” does NOT outweigh “forgive us our trespasses”, and Marc forgot that Jesus on the cross forgave his executioners. Marc was absolutely wrong, and indeed was deeply unchristian, in the way he handled his wife’s betrayal. To write a 987 page book attempting to justify his behavior is a perfect example illustrating his deep subconscious guilt - “methinks he doth protest too much” indeed.

underdog1underdog1about 1 year ago

Excellent read, I love the ones who love to tear apart someones work but dont have the balls to leave their signature. To me it was a realistic story that I could actually see happen, not this she left for a smaller dick,but more money shit, and then I hit the lottery and married Angelina Jolie.

Diecast1Diecast1about 1 year ago

A great story, love it. AAAAAA++++++

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 year ago

2nd reading for me. Excellent story

TajfaTajfaabout 1 year ago

Ok, he was hurt, devastated, and divorce was the initial reaction. However, as a human being and having been married for so long, surely he would want to know why she did it? Even if he had waited a few days and sat down with her to hear her excuses then tell her that he was so devastated by her actions that there was no chance for them. I know I wanted to know why she did it. A seemingly great marriage and she decides to screw her old neighbour. Maybe it was going on before they moved. Then, the way he treated his kids, who also loved their mother and wanted the family back together was dreadful. Obviously this is a high scoring story but it could have been even better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Bogus blame spreading regarding the suicide and the fem/Dom relationship with Alicia ("I invited her and you talk or I leave) gets a 1.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Husband was a jerk. When he learned of how depressed wife was H should have tried to force himself to talk to her and help her and foreseen the possibility of the suicide. The ommission of the details of the wife's affair was in my opinion a mistake.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Have no respect for men (you wrote him this way)who cry and whine instead of immediately facing the situation and planning etc. Maybe military and Vietnam. BUT I always hope they just curl up in ball and stay out of the way. Any decision is better than none. That's what gets you and those around Dead

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

“I never got over what Connie did to me and what I did to her. I now saw that we were both to blame”

He didn’t do anything to her, and the only blame that was attached to him is that he didn’t take decisive action against her immediately!

ZK

kirei8kirei8about 1 year ago

Why you did not reveal the details of the affair through the letter would have made a big difference in my understanding of the events. If it was fly by night lust, blackmail, pity, empathy, etc. would be the deciding factor of "fuck her she got what she deserved" or "what an asshole he was". It's all in the details, man.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Sad story. Interesting how the details of the wife's affair had no real impact. All we know is was for six months and with an old neighbor on a semi regular basis, meaning whenever he spent the day with his father. Speculation but sounded like she did something stupid like get seduced and caught up in some dumb blackmail scheme (blackmail extramarital sex where the leverage is prior extramarital sex is dumb). But who knows. He had no right to be hurt and pissed. He didn't pull the trigger on their marriage or her suicide. Not sure how you reconcile a si, month long affair anyways even if their were some "stupid" circumstances. Stuart was an asshole. Megan was immature. Faye was cool.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Honestly it isn't wrong for a child to want their parents to reconcile. Talking about Megan. Stuart was an unmitigated ass. But telling others that he was at fault for her suicide is just wrong. Clearly Connie had mental issues though her committing suicide does lend credence to the reason why she continued for six months, while not clearly specified, sounded like blackmail. However a prior poster stated, blackmail sex with threat of reveal of extramarital sex is just dumb. Come clean. Defang the blackmailer. Besides she had reverse leverage on the neighbor. Sounded like she was dumb. Besides if they did this on and off while he was at his father's house helping him out, then she had to be reporting this to the predator to rendezvous at the hotel. So something fishy going on. Sad tale of betrayal and loss. Megan was immature and delusional. She got better.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Thanks that was great! Even after the lowest of lows life can be wonderful again!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I get why the MC didn't want to hear his wife's explanation for her affair but we the readers absolutely did even if it turned out to be a steaming pile of BS. It was integral to the story yet we were left in the dark. I've read some comments hinting at blackmail but unless I missed something important there was no actual suggestion of any such thing. All of this conjecture just highlights why Connie's version of events needed to be aired and why the story felt incomplete without it.

Vegetable lasagne? Really? I'll take Faye's real lasagne every time!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Very disappointing ending! Even if it offends his girlfriend, kick the bitch out! (And the girlfriend is she argues). The senior bitch deserved to die and took pills hoping someone would “save” her. Goes to prove there is a god.

woodwardwoodward10 months ago

Very well done!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I agree with Anon two months ago. The husband in the story was a jerk. The story took an arc that was, essentially, unrealistic. But the writing was capable. Four stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This was a good realistic tale.Done smoothly,no contradictions or the author losing control of the story with mix ups..Well done RADK..I dare say ANY husband/MAN would have done/taken the same or similar actions..maybe quicker to finalise dumping her..Not so sure I would have been as gracious towards eldest daughter at the end as you had your MC. I definitely would have had a talk with Alicea about inviting Meagan to the house without my consent, even though the result was beneficial...4 stars..4 stars...JZK

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A natural death is well natural and has no effect on the reader. When someone is killed because of some occurrence in the story it sort of kills the story for me.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Alicia butting into his business would be a deal-breaker for me.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Been quitting reading a lot of stories lately.

Shit again!

He wallows in his misery instead of finding out details. Lengthy affair? Et? Planning and execution after knowing then going on with life. Another wimp

Merlin_the_MagicianMerlin_the_Magician8 months ago

Much better than the dumb cuckhold who couldn’t catch his cheating.loved the story. Well written and very well edited. Keep up the good work. MtM

Texican1830Texican18308 months ago

Guess I’ll never understand men who can’t listen to the confession. The act has occurred/been occurring- what’s lost by learning the who, what, and why? Flight or fight is an immediate reaction, yes - it’s how we protect ourselves. But after weeks it becomes cowardice- not facing something doesn’t make it go away, it makes the wound fester and decay.

Good storyline but I’m not a fan of turning on his kids. He WAS responsible for her death and the loss of two of his kids. Had he grown some balls and faced her down, things could have turned out differently.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I can understand him not wanting to know the details of Connie’s affair. Hearing her confession/justification for being a cheating slut is not something that would make it right or make him feel any better it would only serve as unloading her conscience to feel better while further destroying him. Megan pushing for instant reconciliation and acting like infidelity is okay should have been challenged be asking her if was okay for her husband to have an affair. Stuart believing everyone cheats and it is okay is not something you can counter any other way than cutting the person out of your life. Considering how Megan and Stuart convinced everyone Connie made a little mistake, Marc should have stood u at the funeral and out Connie’s six month affair and John as the reason they were separated.

When Marc had to go on the book tour he could have insisted on not going to his hometown at all for fear of his safety as most of the town and 2 of kids blamed him for Connie’s suicide. Since he did the signing in his hometown, everyone that turned against him should have received just a signature, no generic messages and definitely no personalized messages.

When Alicia butted into his business and invited Megan to his house without permission and basically told him make amends with Megan or she would dump him, Marc should have said “I loved you but since that is no longer the case you and Megan can leave together.”

Alicia’s constant meddling in Marc’s life; sharing the book with her son in publishing, and forcing him to reunite with Megan ruins the story for me. The reconciliation more so then sharing his story without permission as she threatened to dump him.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

"Hi, Dad."

DOOR SLAM

That's my ending, you can use it if you'd like to

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19698 months ago

nice story of tragedy striking while the husband was trying to come to terms with the cheating. Only wish we knew why she cheated while we had the chance... and maybe some real revenge against the other man.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

What an amzing number of experts in human relationships among the many commentators. Even more amazing is they don't all agree.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Nice story but the ending,

Megan was a lying bitch she knew the truth, but wrecked her fathers life anyway. He should have kicked her out after hearing her lame reasons as that is what they are. And told her never return, and then kick out Alicia as she had no right,

I hope her husband cheats on her, then see if she well be as understanding

oksideshow859419oksideshow8594196 months ago

Awe how touching but I did enjoy the story it's well written and I think it ended on a good note

🙉🙊🙈💨🫣

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Suicide took it in a weird direction. Am assuming she caved to a blackmail threat after early affair for some time. Stupid to cave to extramarital sex to cover up prior extramarital sex. Smdh.

l0ver0tical0ver0tica5 months ago

I like anonymous's "'Hi, Dad.' DOOR SLAM" ending...

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

only two of the literotica stories I have read brought me to tears. This is a wonderful story…and is one of them. Thank you

acs963acs9634 months ago

Tugs at the heart

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Well at least she had the good sense to kill herself and not be a bother anymore. She get points for that at least. Doesn't undo the cheating or the hurt she caused, but it's something. I respect that. Some will say that's cold; so is cheating on the person you claim to love and who has loved you for 25 years and inflicting a cruel betrayal on them akin to the most painful torture. That's life I suppose. Connie was the real coward in the story; she took the easy way out because she couldn't deal with the consequences of her cruel and selfish actions.

Her daughter Megan sounded like a cheater waiting to happen. Although if she learns from this lesson and keeps it in mind, there is yet hope for her. Her son is probably also in the same boat. The other daughter seems fine although fate likes irony it seems, so maybe she'll end up being the sluttiest of them all.

Oh turns out I was right about the son. Shocker. I still wonder why Connie would do that after 25 years of marriage. I assume it's one of the usual reasons though and that's probably why it didn't get mentioned. Kinda sad really. My guess is she had a weak moment, he made her feel special in her somewhat dull life, the thrill of it made it hot, didn't think anyone would find out, etc. Cliché much? Well I wonder how special she felt when she was downing those pills on the way out. Food for thought.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

"Marc, I invited Megan here because she has something she wants to say to you. I knew that you wouldn't invite her so I did. I know that I'm only a guest in your home but if you want me to keep being a guest then you'll sit right here and listen to her."

Thanks for confirming that you’re a manipulative bitch. Get out, and take my ex-daughter with you!!!

ZK

Madeira1076Madeira10764 months ago

I don't understand why a lot of authors make men out to be such pussies?

1, he couldn't even talk to her for 2 months? What a wuss.

He needed a year to get his shit together? What a wuss.

He couldn't even read the letter she sent like told her to do? What a wuss.

He did man up with the kids.

The wife; Whats her deal. She can fuck around on her husband but freaks when caught? If she loved her husband that much to commit suicide, she would not have cheated.

I know, fantasy and all that.... Even fantasy has rules.

NallusNallus3 months ago

Damn good story, very real.

I've read hundreds in loving wives category and write a lot on my own. It flows well and keeps your attention

Thank you!

Also, it's great to see paragraph breaks and the right places.

GrendelrexGrendelrex3 months ago

Great story, 5 stars easy.

Buster2UBuster2U2 months ago

10 Big Blazing Stars, great story, great writing, Great ending. Thanks, Buster2U

JBird11JBird112 months ago

Great story. Thanks for sharing.

FlamethrowFlamethrow2 months ago

An excellent story, with lots to think about contained in its pages. I am glad that one of the two older children came to their senses

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Eff that cunty daughter of his, i'd cut her off completely and find someone new

SteelPaperTSteelPaperTabout 2 months ago

How typical that the male victim of cheating gets the blame, while the female cheater gets support. The son is quite correct in his assesment there, every woman is just an affair-in-waiting

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 2 months ago

He was an ass. He didn't need to remain married to her, but the fucker did kill her because was a little boy and ran and hid, rather than be a man and have the conversation

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbosabout 1 month ago

This got a 4 instead of a 5 because you didn't write Connie's letter for us to read. You may think it's not an important detail to understand the what/why/who of what she did, but I think it puts the entire framing of the story and relationship and her death into context.

Calico75Calico7521 days ago

A lovely if tragic story. Well written. Excellent character development. It is sad how easily we judge each other without walking a mile in their shoes.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous