Falling from Grace

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

There was a pause. "You know you were supposed to call me last night."

A chill went down Britt's spine. She completely forgot. She promised her mother she'd check in every night. "I'm so sorry. I had car trouble last night."

Grace's voice went from peeved to concerned. "Are you OK?"

"Yeah. I'm fine. The alternator quit on my car so I need a new one."

"Where are you?"

"I'm in Cedar City, Utah."

"So is your car getting fixed?"

Grace's questions were zeroing in on a topic Britt desperately wanted to avoid. "Uh ... yeah."

"When?"

"Probably tomorrow." Britt knew the next question that was coming.

"Where are you staying?"

Britt paused, which was a mistake. "I'm staying with the owner of the service station -- in his guest room."

"What?" Grace said, incredulous at the answer.

"Mom, it was late and the local motel was full so the owner of the garage kindly let me stay in his guest room, so ..."

Before she could finish Grace interrupted. "Britt, listen to me. I never thought this trip was a good idea. I want you to come home now."

There was a long pause. "No Mom. I've already made my decision and I need to see it through."

"Then I'm coming to get you. Where are you?"

"Mom, you're not coming to get me. I'm fine. I'll be on the road tomorrow."

"Who owns the service station?"

"A guy named Colin McHugh. He's a good guy. He's going to fix my car at cost."

"I'm sure he is. I want to talk to him."

"He's working right now. We can call you later."

"I'm counting on it. Be good."

"I will. I'll talk to you soon."

Around five, Colin walked into the cottage. He saw Britt with one of his aprons on, washing the dishes. Her hair was up in a twist. She turned to face him, wiping her hands on the bottom of the apron. "Mmmmmm. Something smells good here. What is it?" asked Colin.

"It's part of the surprise. Why don't you wash up? I'll serve dinner in about thirty minutes." Britt decided it would be best to broach the topic now, rather than springing it on him later. "My Mom wants to talk to you."

He raised his eyebrows. "So we're at that point in our relationship already?"

Britt gave a half-hearted laugh. "No, she wants to make sure I'm all right. That you're not an ax murderer or a serial rapist or something like that."

"So I guess I shouldn't tell her about my criminal record?"

Britt put her hands on her hips. "Seriously, you have to be nice to my Mom. She threatened to drive out from Missouri to get me."

"All right, all right. I'll be on my best behavior. When are we going to talk to her?"

"After dinner."

"Fine."

Colin went into his bedroom, stripping off his clothes and then taking a shower. He smiled. It was good having a woman in his house making dinner, even if he did have to speak to her mother. It made him feel complete for the first time in as long as he could remember. He decided to wear a new dress shirt and slacks for dinner instead of throwing his coveralls back on. He walked back into the kitchen.

"Well you clean up nice," said Britt with a lilt in her voice.

"This old thing?" he laughed, tugging at his new shirt. "So where's my surprise?"

"Close your eyes."

He did. She led him to the store and stopped just outside the door. "OK, you can open them."

He opened his eyes to see that the glass panel on the door was clean. Through it he could see festival lights strung across the room, shining brightly, and in the middle was a card table with a white tablecloth, a basket with bread in it, and two lit candles on it, flanked by two chairs.

"Welcome to Paris," she said proudly as they walked through the door.

"Paris?" he replied as he took one of the seats.

"I saw a travel guide on your coffee table ... "

His eyes glimmered. "Have you been there?"

"No. I haven't been east of Kentucky," she said with her back to him as she retrieved a bottle from the back counter.

"Next to cars, it's my passion. I've been there twice. I love the food and the wine."

"Speaking of wine," she said, as she poured them each a glass of French wine.

Britt went back to the counter and with potholders on each handle brought back the chicken and vegetables, still in the roasting pan, and placed it in the middle of the table. The aromas swirled around Colin as he tilted his head back and inhaled deeply. "Wonderful."

"The recipe is from Le Grande Colbert."

"I can tell. I've been there. It smells heavenly."

She sliced a generous portion of the breast and put it on Colin's plate, along with a heaping portion of carrots, parsnips and potatoes. She dipped a serving spoon into the bottom of the roasting pan and ladled the rich sauce across the steaming chicken.

"Thank you, ma'am. So where did you learn how to cook?"

"My mother mostly. Worked in a few restaurants during the summers. I just enjoy it."

Colin took a few bites and closed his eyes. "Perfection," he pronounced.

Britt glowed with the compliment. She served herself, and the first bite was everything she was hoping for. The meat was juicy and flavorful. The vegetables were thoroughly cooked but still firm, soaking up the liquid from the chicken. She took a sip of wine. It complemented the meal perfectly.

Colin gazed across the table at the lovely blonde, her hair framing her demure face, and wondered if this was one of those moments that defined your future. He thought it was. "Britt, you dropped into my life yesterday and I already feel a connection to you. Do you feel the same?"

The moment was not lost on Britt. The candlelight, the dinner, the rugged handsome man sitting across from her. She sensed it as well. "I can't say that I know you well yet, but I do feel a connection."

The young man felt there wasn't time to waste. "Stay with me longer. You don't have anyone waiting for you in California, do you?" he said as he mopped up the sauce with a slice of the baguette.

Britt was surprised by the invitation. She hadn't considered staying longer, but there was still that dream she was pursuing. "I want to be an actress. As much as I'd like to stay longer, I need to go to Los Angeles. I hope you understand."

Colin finished the piece of chicken and was slicing another piece of breast. "I do and I don't. We may have something special here and there's only one way to find out."

The blonde took a long draw off her glass of wine as Colin ate his second piece of chicken, cleaning his plate. "I wish I could but I can't." Britt rose from the table, wanting to change the subject. "And the piece de resistance, my interpretation of a tarte tatin." She put the tarte in front of Colin, inviting him to cut the first piece. He took a generous portion and put a forkful in his mouth. The apples were firm, slightly sour and sweet, with a flaky pastry crust.

Colin was impressed by the tarte. "Now I know I can't let you go. You're an amazing chef and pastry maker as well."

The couple finished the meal, starry eyed but at the same time somber. "I'll clean up tomorrow morning," said Britt, rising from the table. They walked back to the cottage in silence, both reflecting on the meal and their nascent relationship.

"One last thing," said Britt, holding out her phone.

"Oh yes, the call to mother."

"Her name is Grace Larsen." She pushed the call button.

"Mom, it's me. I've got Colin standing next to me. You wanted to talk to him?"

"I do."

"Colin, how is my baby?"

"She's fine Mrs. Larsen."

"Call me Grace. So tell me about your living arrangements."

Colin was engaging as he promised. They discussed his cottage, his auto repair business, his family (father and mother still married, two younger siblings), his education (graduated from University of Utah with a B.A. in Political Science), and his aspirations. Britt learned more about Colin from the ten minute conversation then she was able to glean from the last twenty-four hours. He handed the phone back to Britt.

"Britt honey?"

"Yes, Mom."

"He's a good one. You take care. Are you going to call me tomorrow?"

"Yes, Mom."

"OK." Grace ended the call.

Britt looked at Colin, somewhat bewildered. "No one's been able to handle my Mom like you."

"She's a nice lady."

"Try living with her."

"I just might. If you stay with me I'll add a room to my cottage for her."

"Good try. You know I need to get this acting bug out of my system. Good night."

They went to their respective rooms to get ready for bed.

Britt closed her door, putting her favorite pajamas on again. She sat on her bed, thinking about the articulate and considerate man in the next room. He was sexy, fun, and Grace liked him. She knew she had to go, but the romantic evening touched her. Would she ever have the chance to meet someone like him again?

Colin stripped off his shirt, sitting on his bed thinking about Britt. How could a beautiful and kind woman drop into his lap, only to have her leave him? His business usually kept his thoughts away from women, but now the only thing he could think of was Britt. He was a small town guy, and to find someone with the same passion for food was more than he could have hoped for. As he was contemplating the future he heard a light knock on the door.

"Come in."

The door opened. Still sitting on the bed, Colin saw the comely blonde standing there in her pajamas, her hair flowing down over her shoulders with her perfect breasts framed by the button up V-neck top. Their eyes locked and Britt slowly started unbuttoning her top. Colin's gaze went lower, watching her delicate fingers carefully manipulating the buttons until the top fell open, revealing twin mounds of creamy white flesh, large brown areola and pinkish-white flecked nipples.

She approached the bed, standing between his legs, close enough to hear his labored breathing as he studied her partially nude body. He put his hands out, placing them on the outside of her thighs, and then tracing upwards under her billowing top to feel the swell of her hips, the indentation of her waist, and then to the silky skin on the edge of her breasts. She pushed Colin on his back, laying on top of him. They started kissing frantically, his hands caressing her breasts. She sighed deeply as she raised up on him, allowing him to suck on her erect nipples. She had engaged in petting before, but no one had given her breasts such loving treatment.

Colin got up and stood next to the bed. Britt did likewise, facing him. "Stay with me," he whispered. "You can open up a restaurant in the back. It'll be fabulous."

"I can't." She put her hand on the bulge in his pants, feeling his manhood throbbing through the thin material. She fumbled with the zipper, then lowered his pants and briefs to his ankles. Colin kicked them off with his feet. Britt shimmied out of her pajama bottoms so they were nude, Colin feeling her breasts pressed against his chest and his erect penis pinned against her stomach.

"Make love to me," she said, softly and seductively.

Colin lowered her to the bed, using his hands to gently spread her legs. His hand found her wetness, as her head tilted back and she issued a low pitched moan. "Ohhhh," she uttered as his mouth found her breast. He inserted, one, then two fingers, inside her, pumping them in and out and producing a white froth.

"Oh God. Put it inside me ... please," she pleaded. Colin got out of bed and retrieved a condom out of his dresser drawer. He ripped open the package and rolled the condom onto his erect penis. Britt had touched her last boyfriend's penis but hadn't seen one as large as Colin's. Her need was now replaced by fear as she thought about the pain she was about to experience.

Colin could see the concern in her eyes. He lowered himself slowly into her, locking eyes with her, and watched her eyes widen as he penetrated her virginal pussy. The momentary pain gave way to great pleasure -- pleasure that Britt had heard about but never experienced. Colin's animal instincts took over as he propped himself up on his arms and started thrusting into her. She started to cum, and the contractions of the walls of her vagina against his penis were too pleasurable for Colin to resist. He wanted to make it last, but he couldn't, as he spurted his seed inside the tip of the condom, burying the full length of his penis in her as he collapsed on top of her, panting heavily.

"Oh shit. I'm sorry I didn't last longer," he said breathlessly.

"Don't worry. It was wonderful," she said with conviction. There was a long silence. "It was my first time."

Colin let that thought sink in. He was the first to be with this amazing beauty. She chose him. He was flattered and grateful. It was the hottest sex of his life. But then he slid back into a funk, knowing that she'd probably leave tomorrow, after her alternator was replaced. He knew it was hopeless to talk her out of pursuing her dream. He tried to live in the present, holding Britt close to him as the two of them fell asleep.

The next morning it was Colin who awoke to delicious smells coming from the kitchen. He slipped on a pair of boxer shorts, and hair all askew, walked into the kitchen. Britt was pulling a coffee cake topped with cinnamon sugar and slivered almonds out of the oven. She poured a mug of coffee and put a slice of the piping hot coffee cake in front of Colin.

"I wanted to make sure you had enough energy to fix my car."

"I was thinking last night about how I could sabotage your car so you'd be forced to stay with me."

She kissed him on the cheek. "Thank you for thinking about me. I'll never forget this."

"You're talking in the past tense ... like it's over," Colin said forlornly. Britt did want to stay but she had already told her mother she was going to Los Angeles and to back out of her lifelong dream wasn't even comprehensible at this time. She decided to say something smart.

"Well ... I promise to visit you when I'm rich and famous."

Colin shrugged. He realized that he had lost. He grabbed two slices of the coffee cake and went out to the garage. The needed parts had been delivered and he set about fixing the disabled car. It was a routine fix and before lunch he had already test driven it and pronounced it road worthy. In the meantime, Britt had packed her things, knowing it would be a difficult departure.

She put her duffel and backpack in the backseat and turned to Colin. "I don't want to make this a long goodbye. I don't want to start crying."

"Promise that you'll call me if you need me."

"I promise."

"Here," he said, thrusting the hula dancer in her hand.

"Why are you giving me this?"

"This always brought me good luck. I hope it does the same for you," he said, holding back a sniffle of his own. "OK ... now go to L.A. and make me proud."

They kissed one last time. Britt got behind the wheel and tried not to look in the rear view mirror but couldn't resist, seeing Colin, in his greasy coveralls, waving a final goodbye.

Chapter Five

Dade

Each mile she drove the tug on her heart strings was stronger. As she crossed the California border her thoughts were on Colin and not on her acting career. She had a dream to pursue, she told herself. Settling down with a man like Colin could wait. But then her mind would wander to that magical night with the dinner ... and then their lovemaking. A warmth swept through her body as she pictured Colin's chiseled body and soft eyes.

Britt was jolted into the present when a semi blew his air horn when her car had strayed out of her lane. She was now on a five lane freeway that was bristling with late afternoon traffic. She had never seen so many cars at one time. The smog covering the nearby mountains was not exactly the visual she had of sunny California. The GPS on her phone told her that she was still four hours from Hollywood as she crept along Interstate 10. Doubts were now emerging in her mind as she wondered how she was going to find her way through this morass of humanity to the acting career she dreamed about. She finally found Sunset Boulevard late that night, and her pulse quickened as she saw the vibrant nightlife and the lights of the bars and clubs dotting the landscape. She spotted a motel with its "Vacancy" sign lit and pulled into the parking lot.

It wasn't the most glamorous of accommodations. The parking lot was uneven and in sore need of repaving. Britt parked her car and got out, walking over to the office. The paint was peeling on the exterior of the office and the screen door creaked when Britt opened it. A bored desk clerk who was looking at his phone raised his eyes when he heard the door opened. He straightened up when he saw the attractive blonde in front of him.

"Is there a room available?" asked Britt.

"Sure, You've got your pick of ten of them," replied the clerk. Britt was a welcome distraction from the texting with his friends.

"Well ... could I rent the cheapest one?" asked Britt, somewhat embarrassed at her confession of poverty.

The clerk mentally reviewed the rooms that were available. Even though the room next to the office was the most expensive, he quoted the price of the cheapest one for her so that he could soak in the sight of her attractive figure at close range. Maybe she would be interested in him, he thought.

Britt was surprised at the low price, but grateful. She told the clerk that the price was acceptable.

"So how long are you going to be staying?" he asked, with hope in his voice. He handed her a registration card and a pen.

"I don't know. I guess as long as it takes for me to find a job as an actress," Britt replied, as she immediately regretted providing more information than was necessary. She set about diligently filling in the form.

The clerk wasn't surprised by her confession. He had seen her Missouri plates, and given her youthful beauty thought she might be pursing some sort of career in show business. "Well, you'll need to pay for tonight now. If you decide to stay longer you'll need to pay for the night before noon. That's checkout time."

Britt went inside her backpack and pulled out enough cash to pay for two nights. She counted out the bills on the marred Formica counter and received the key from the clerk. He took one long last look at her as she left the office before resuming his texting. Britt went to her car to retrieve her belongings.

She dropped her bags in front of the door and opened it. The room was tidy, though threadbare. She tested the mattress and found it to be springy and looked at the bathroom towels, which were thin. She found the remote and turned on the television, then went outside to move in her luggage. When she finished moving in, she turned on the wall mounted air conditioner and sat on the bed. The weather forecast was on, and the screen showed temperatures in the 70's and sunny weather during the day for every day of the week. Her face brightened at this news, as it would be a welcome change from the heat and humidity of Missouri. She called her mother, who was relieved to hear that Britt made the trip safely from Cedar City. Her worries shifted to what Britt would find in Los Angeles. Grace had never been to Los Angeles (her one time in California was to San Francisco, and that was thirty years ago) but had heard and seen so much about it that she had a mental impression (which was not far from the truth) of a large, sprawling city that could grind her young, impressionable daughter to dust.

After the long drive Britt was exhausted. She fell asleep immediately and was surprised when she woke up and her phone informed her that it was 5 a.m. She must still be on central time, she thought, as she cracked open the curtains to find that it was still dark outside. She took a shower, using the miniscule bar of soap provided by the hotel, and dried off using the lightweight towel. She immediately thought of the thick, fluffy towels at home and then reminded herself that sacrifices were to made if she was to be a successful actress. She dressed and went to the office to find out where to get an early breakfast.